COUNTRY RAISIN RYE BREAD
"The recipe for this delicious bread came from my aunt," notes Carolyn Rose Sykora of Bloomer, Wisconsin. "I made just a few changes to it-and it's been a favorite ever since." The dark rustic loaves are moist and tender with a delicate rye and sweet molasses flavor.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 loaves (8 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup rye flour, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water, 1/2 cup oil, molasses and honey to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Stir in remaining whole wheat and rye flours and enough all-purpose flour to form a medium stiff dough., Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with raisins. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Grease a bowl with the remaining oil. Place dough in a bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours., Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into four pieces; shape each into a round loaf. Place 4 in. apart on two baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. , Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 151mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
RAISIN RYE BREAD
In Amite, Louisiana, Audrey Lanier relies on her bread machine to fix this moist dark brown loaf. Satisfying slices get plenty of flavor from aniseed, caraway and fennel, along with bursts of sweetness from the raisins.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 servings).
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose light crust color and loaf size if available. , Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). , Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins, aniseed, caraway and fennel.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 233mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
RAISIN RYE BREAD
- Bring milk to simmer in small saucepan. Cool to between 105°F. and 115°F. Stir warm water and sugar in large bowl until sugar dissolves. Sprinkle yeast over. Let stand until foamy, about 8 minutes. Mix in milk, 1/2 cup molasses, oil, orange peel and salt. Add rye flour, oats, caraway seeds, fennel seeds and aniseed and stir until well blended. Stir in 2 cups bread flour. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Gradually mix in enough remaining bread flour to form dough. Turn out dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if sticky, about 12 minutes. Knead in raisins. Oil large bowl. Add dough, turning to coat. Cover bowl with clean kitchen towel. Let rise in warm area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Oil two 9-inch-diameter cake pans. Line bottom of pans with parchment. Oil parchment. Coat pans and parchment with flour; shake out excess. Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly oiled surface. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each into 6-inch round loaf. Transfer loaves to prepared pans; flatten slightly. Cover with clean kitchen towel. Let rise in warm area until almost doubled and loaves have spread almost to edges of pans, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake loaves until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes or less Cool loaves in pans on racks 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pans. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon molasses. Cool completely on racks. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap tightly; store at room temperature.)
RAISIN BREAD I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and raisins. Stir thoroughly. Make a well in center.
- In small bowl beat egg until frothy. Mix in melted butter and milk. Pour into well. Stir just enough to moisten. Scrape into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 1 hour. Serve plain or toasted with butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.1 calories, Carbohydrate 43.2 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 411.5 mg, Sugar 16.6 g
MOLASSES RAISIN RYE BREAD
- Soak yeast in 1/2 c water 120 degrees.
- Combine yeast,water,raisins,powdered milk,rye flour,honey and caraway seeds.
- Add enough white flour,about 2 c to make batter for sponge.
- Let rise until fluffy. Stir in molasses,oil an salt.
- Add enough addition flour 1 c at a time to make a kneadable dough.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
- Form into round loaves.Place on greased cookie sheets.Let rise uncovered,for 1 hour in warm place till double in bulk. Bake 375 for 10 minjutes,reduce heat 350 bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.If you prefer-.
- You may flatten dough and roll tightly,seal ends.And place in greased 9x5 bread pans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1898.8, Fat 53.2, SaturatedFat 12.6, Cholesterol 41.4, Sodium 3305.8, Carbohydrate 328.4, Fiber 22.3, Sugar 129.4, Protein 40.6
More about "raisin rye bread recipes"
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - LIONEL VATINET | FOOD & WINE
5/5 (383)Category Rye BreadServings 8Total Time 4 hrs
- In a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine both flours, the salt and the yeast. Turn the machine to medium low, add the water and mix until the flour is moistened, about 2 minutes, scraping down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Increase the speed to medium and knead until a soft dough forms, about 2 minutes longer. Add the raisins and knead just until evenly distributed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and form into a ball. Set the dough in a well-floured bowl, cover with plastic and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450° and spray a 9-inch, enameled cast-iron casserole with vegetable cooking spray. Turn the dough out into the casserole. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until the dough is doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Remove the plastic. Dust the top of the dough with all-purpose flour. Using a razor blade or sharp knife, make a shallow X in the top of the dough. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the loaf is risen, lightly golden on top and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf reads 200°. Tip the bread out onto a wire rack. Let the bread cool slightly before slicing and serving.
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - NYT COOKING
4/5 (9)Total Time 15 hrsCategory Project, Appetizer
- Several hours or the day before baking the bread, prepare the soaker and dough. For the soaker, combine the orange zest and juice, raisins, fennel seeds and 1/4 cup of water in a bowl. Cover and let sit for at least 1 hour before making the dough.
- The next day, set the dough out at room temperature, give it another fold, and allow it to warm up for about 2 hours. This schedule may be adjusted to meet your needs. A long, cool fermentation will lead to more complex flavors, moister bread and longer shelf life, but the dough may be simply left out at room temperature for 4 to 5 hours and then shaped. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces, and shape into rounds or batards. Place in baskets or pans and let rise at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
SOURDOUGH CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD RECIPE - THE BREAD SHE BAKES
SOURDOUGH RAISIN BREAD - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
RAISIN BREAD WITH RED FIFE AND DARK RYE - JANIE'S MILL
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE | RECIPE | BEST BREAD RECIPE, RYE BREAD, …
BEST RYE BREAD RECIPES - KING ARTHUR BAKING
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE RAISIN BREAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
RYE BREAD | ALLRECIPES
NORTH SHORE RAISIN-RYE BREAD | MIDWEST LIVING
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - BAKER RECIPES®
GRANDMA’S RAISIN BREAD - FLY-LOCAL
RUSTIC APPLE-RYE BREAD | FOOD & WINE
RAISIN RYE SOURDOUGH SANDWICH BREAD RECIPE - THE BAKER'S GUIDE
RAISIN RYE BREAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
RYE BREAD WITH RAISINS AND ROSEMARY - BREAD EXPERIENCE
OLD FRIENDS RAISIN BREAD – A NEW FAVORITE! – WEEKEND BAKERY
RAISIN-ROSEMARY RYE BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COUNTRY RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
RAISIN & RYE BREAD RECIPE - RECIPEYUM
RYE RAISIN BREAD RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
RAISIN-PECAN RYE BREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY TURMERIC-BASIL RYE BREAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
COUNTRY RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
WALNUT RAISIN RYE BREAD - BAKERS JOURNAL
COCOA-RYE RAISIN BREAD - NOT DERBY PIE
3 STAGE 70% RYE BREAD WITH RAISINS - WEEKEND BAKERY
RAISEN RYE BREAD - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
NO KNEAD RAISIN BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
HONEY RAISIN RYE BREAD RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
NO KNEAD RYE BREAD, EASY RYE BREAD RECIPE - JENNY CAN COOK
RYE BREAD - JO COOKS
You'll also love