RATATOUILLE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: eggplants, roma tomatoes, yellow squashes, zucchinis, olive oil, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, salt, pepper, can of crushed tomatoes, chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh basil, garlic, Chopped fresh parsley, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil
Provided by Robin Broadfoot
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Preheat the oven for 375˚F (190˚C).
- Slice the eggplant, tomatoes, squash, and zucchini into approximately ¹⁄₁₆-inch (1-mm) rounds, then set aside.
- Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch (30-cm) oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the crushed tomatoes. Stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Remove from heat, then add the basil. Stir once more, then smooth the surface of the sauce with a spatula.
- Arrange the sliced veggies in alternating patterns, (for example, eggplant, tomato, squash, zucchini) on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the middle of the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the herb seasoning: In a small bowl, mix together the basil, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Spoon the herb seasoning over the vegetables.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, then bake for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Serve while hot as a main dish or side. The ratatouille is also excellent the next day--cover with foil and reheat in a 350˚F (180˚C) oven for 15 minutes, or simply microwave to desired temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230 calories, Carbohydrate 32 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 5 grams, Sugar 16 grams
This baked ratatouille recipe is heavenly when made with homegrown vegetables. It's so good, I sometimes make the casserole all for myself, then eat it for lunch a few days in a row.-Catherine Lee, Chandler, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oil, garlic, salt and Italian seasoning., Spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the eggplant, zucchini, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250 calories, Fat 17g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 607mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by Malooga
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a skillet over medium heat and add the chopped onion, sautéing the onion until tender and translucent (only a few minutes). Then, add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside. Get a 10x10-inch baking dish and lightly grease with cooking spray. Mix the tomato paste, sautéed onion and garlic, water, and one tablespoon of olive oil together in a bowl until everything is thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and then spread this mixture along the bottom of the dish. Toss sliced vegetables in a bit of olive oil, just enough to very lightly coat them. Take the thinly sliced eggplant, zucchini, squash, and peppers and begin arranging them along the outer edge of the dish - alternating between vegetables. You'll follow the outer edge of the dish and then work in a circle toward the middle, until you get to the center. Finish by drizzling the top of the vegetables with two tablespoons of olive oil and adding salt and pepper to taste. Then, sprinkle the top with thyme leaves. Cover the dish with a piece of parchment paper, trimmed enough to fit inside the dish and cover the vegetables. Bake until the vegetables are tender and fully roasted, about 45 minutes. Enjoy! *If you don't have tomato paste, then simply replace the paste, onions, garlic, water, and one tablespoon of olive oil with your favorite pasta sauce. ** If you're going to use eggplant, you might want to salt each side of the sliced eggplant and let them sit for about 30 minutes before adding them to the recipe. This helps get some of the moisture out of the eggplant so it doesn't get soggy. Recipe adapted from All Recipes Next Recipe Page»
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); spray a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic, onion, and eggplant with the garlic until the vegetables have begun to soften, about 8 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and black pepper; bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cook the frozen ravioli as directed on the package; drain. Spread the cooked ravioli in a layer into the bottom of the prepared baking dish; spoon the hot vegetables over the ravioli. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187.7 calories, Carbohydrate 22 g, Cholesterol 24 mg, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 449.1 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until lightly browned. Mix in parsley and eggplant. Cook and stir until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Spread zucchini in an even layer over top. Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.4 calories, Carbohydrate 24.3 g, Cholesterol 17.6 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 7.4 g, Protein 12.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.6 g, Sodium 327.4 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
More about "ratatouille casserole recipes"
RATATOUILLE RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory Main Course, Dinner, BrunchCalories 187 per serving
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit. Bring 2 cups of water to rolling boil. Season with salt. Slice red potatoes. Drop in water and boil for 3-4 minutes or until par cooked. Drain on a paper towel and set aside. While potatoes cook and cool down, slice rest of veggies - squash, bell pepper and eggplant.
- To make Béchamel - Microwave 1 cup of milk in microwave safe container. Set aside. Heat 1 tbsp butter in sauce pan. Add 1 tbsp flour and cook until raw flavor of flour goes away. 1-2 minutes. Don't let flour turn brown. Add warm milk 1/4 cup at time and stir well to avoid lumps. Add all of milk and continue coking until sauce thickens and coat back of a spoon. Season with salt, nutmeg, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Spread layer of tomato sauce, minced garlic, thyme, red chili flakes, salt and olive oil. Mix well while still leaving well spread. Drizzle béchamel sauce on the top, swirl into the tomato sauce.
- Layer sliced veggies on top. I like to make a spiral stack of vegetable slices for presentation just like ratatouille. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, thyme, and black pepper on top.
RACHAEL RAY'S CASSEROLE WITH RATATOUILLE & GARLIC BREAD ...
Servings 4Category 30-minute Meals
- Place the eggplant in a strainer. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Using your hands, press out any excess liquid.
- In a large Dutch oven or deep cast-iron skillet, heat the oil, three turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the zucchini, peppers, onion, garlic, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the eggplant. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 7 to 8 minutes more. Add the wine. Cook, stirring often, until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes with juices and the basil. Let the ratatouille simmer over medium-low so the flavors can meld while you make the garlic bread.
- Preheat the broiler. In a small saucepan, cook the butter, oil, and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the butter is infused with the garlic, about 2 minutes. On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange the bread in an even layer. Broil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Liberally brush the cut sides of the bread with the garlic butter. Top with the Parm and parsley. Broil until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Let cool for a minute. Cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange in a 9x13 to 10x15 baking dish. Top with the ratatouille, then the Gruyère. Broil until brown, about 5 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE AND VEGAN RATATOUILLE ...
3.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory Brunch, Side DishCalories 137 per serving
- Turn the burner on high. Allow the hot oil to sauté the eggplant for about 5 minutes. You should hear it crackling and see wispy steam rising from the pot.
JULIA CHILD'S RATATOUILLE EGGPLANT CASSEROLE RECIPE
4.6/5 (63)Category EntréesCuisine FrenchTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- 1. Peel the eggplant and cut into lengthwise slices 3/8-inch thick, about 3 inches long, and 1 inch wide.
- 2. Scrub the zucchini, slice off the two ends, and cut into slices about the same size as the eggplant slices.
- 3. Place the vegetables in a bowl and toss with the salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain. Dry each slice in a towel.
- 3. One layer at a time, saute the eggplant, and then the zucchini in hot olive oil for about a minute on each side to brown very lightly. Remove and place to the side.
DUMP-AND-BAKE RATATOUILLE - THE SEASONED MOM
4.2/5 (4)Total Time 1 hrCategory Side DishCalories 94 per serving
- Cut the eggplant into chunks. In a colander, toss the eggplant with 1 tsp. salt, then let drain for about 30 minutes. Pat the eggplant dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, spray a deep 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl (or in the prepared dish), toss together eggplant, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano, tomato paste, olive oil, and garlic.
- Transfer vegetables to the prepared dish, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during the baking time to make sure that the vegetables cook evenly (or until vegetables are tender). Garnish with capers, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper just before serving.
RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE | CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN
Cuisine FrenchCategory VegetablesServings 8Total Time 45 mins
- Dice your vegetables into bite sized pieces (approximately 1 to 2 inches). Add the vegetables to a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the oil, cheese and breadcrumbs; mix well.
- Add the vegetables to a 9"x13" oven safe baking dish; then drizzle the remaining oil on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and the top is golden brown.
EASY GROUND BEEF RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE - RED WINE DRAGONS
5/5 (3)Category Main CourseCuisine FrenchTotal Time 50 mins
- Mince garlic and slice onion. Slice tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and yellow squash into about a 1/4 of an inch thick rounds and set aside.
- (Skip the beef step if making meatless)In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and season with a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika and a splash of red wine. Cook through for 5-10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, drizzle olive oil in a pan and toss in sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent and then toss in half of the minced garlic. Reserve the rest of the garlic for later. Add in a small can of tamato paste to the mixture and stir through until everything is fragrant and the tomato paste coats the onions.
- Combine the ground beef and onion/garlic/tomato paste mixture. Layer this mixture into the bottom of the casserole dish and then arrange the sliced vegetables in a colorful pattern over the onion/meat mixture. Sprinkle the vegetables with the rest of the minced garlic plus salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and cover tightly with foil.
BAKED RATATOUILLE - HOW TO BAKE IN THE OVEN - THE BLACK ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 45 minsCategory Side DishCalories 154 per serving
- Slice green and yellow zuchini, eggplant and roma tomatoes into 1/4 inch sliced round meddalions. Try to make all the slices the same width.
- Mix the can of diced tomatoes with the onion and garlic. Spread the mixture evenly across the bottom of a medium sized casserole or baking dish.
- Start assembling the ratatouille rows by placing one slice of each vegetable, standing upright and stacked together, up against the edge of the baking dish. Keep adding a slice at a time, following the same colour pattern and moving along the edge of the dish. Once the outer row is complete, continue the same way with the inner row.
EASY RATATOUILLE STEW RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Course, StewServings 4Total Time 35 mins
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot. Add half of thyme, oregano, garlic cloves, chili flakes, and pepper corns (if using). Saute for 1 minute to perfume oil, don't let garlic burn.
- Add potatoes, celery, and carrots with generous pinch of salt, and cook stirring often for 2-3 minutes or until carrots are soft. (fish out garlic cloves at this stage, if prefer subtle garlic flavor) Add crushed tomatoes and continue cooking for 2-3 minute (on medium-high heat) to deepen the flavor of tomatoes. Now, add 3 cups of water (or stock). Bring to rolling boil, cover and simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- In last 10 minutes, add in sliced squash, eggplant, and zucchini with remaining thyme and 3-4 basil leaves chopped. Mix well. Continue cooking until veggies are tender to your liking.
- When done cooking. Fish out thyme sprigs. Taste and adjust salt. Serve over rice or as-is with drizzle of olive oil (optional) and some fresh black pepper and fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!
EASY ONE-PAN RATATOUILLE - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
5/5 (7)Calories 115 per servingCategory Dinner
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and peppers, and saute until soft and fragrant.
- Place sliced vegetables on top of the sauce in a spiral shape around the pan and into the center. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and top with salt and pepper.
EASY BAKED RATATOUILLE RECIPE - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
Ratings 19Calories 167 per servingCategory Vegetables
- Peel the eggplant, if desired, or leave some of the skin on in strips. Trim off the stem and sliced into quarters lengthwise, then slice into 1-inch thick half moons.
- Put the eggplant in a large bowl with the zucchini, bell pepper and onion. Drizzle with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and the chopped thyme and toss together.
- Pour the tomato puree into a 4-5 quart casserole or baking dish. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic, red and black pepper and spread over the bottom of the dish.
THE BEST EASY BAKED RATATOUILLE RECIPE | WHOLESOME YUM
4.9/5 (21)Calories 78 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth. If needed, adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and onion in a spiral, alternating them. (You'll want the eggplant slices cut into quarters so that they are similar size to the tomato, zucchini and onion slices.) Drizzle with olive oil on top, and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE | RECIPELION.COM
4/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Casseroles See details »
SAUSAGE AND RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE | RICARDO
5/5 (106)Category Main DishesServings 4-6Total Time 1 hr 35 mins See details »
PASTA-RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE - PREVENTION
Cuisine French, ItalianEstimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 1Total Time 1 hr 30 mins See details »
RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE : THE REAL FOOD ACADEMY
Category Main Dish, Side DishesTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, slice fresh tomatoes, squash, zucchini and eggplant as thinly as possible. Less than 1/8 an inch if possible. Sprinkle with salt, oregano and a dash of pepper.
- In a skillet add olive oil, onions, garlic and shallots over low-medium heat. Cook until soft, 7-9 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, carrots, marjoram, thyme, and bay leaf. Simmer for 10 minutes, lower heat and add peppers. Cook just long enough to combine the flavors. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf. In either the skillet you cooked the sauce or a round/oval casserole dish (8-10 inches), spread the sauce evenly.
- Building the Ratatouille: On your prepared oval casserole or skillet, lay a layer of your sliced Zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, and squash. Keep going until either you have used all the vegetables, or the pan is filled.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Remove lid and return to oven for another 10 minutes. This dish can be made a day ahead, so either cover and store or broil for 10-15 minutes until it just starts to brown. Serve from dish hot or cold.
PROVENCAL RATATOUILLE A TRADITIONAL RECIPE - PERFECTLY ...
5/5 (2)Category Side DishCuisine French, ProvencalTotal Time 3 hrs 40 mins
- Preparation of the peppers: Cut the red and green peppers into thin sections after having seeded them, without removing the skin. Blanch them in boiling water for a few minutes to make them more digestible. Remove from the water when slightly softened. Drain water over a colander.
- Meanwhile, trim the eggplants into cubes with their skin. First cut them in the direction of their length, then cut perpendicularly to get dice.
RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
Servings 4Calories 139 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
RATATOUILLE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory CasseroleCalories 97 per serving See details »
ROASTED RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE - TLN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
RATATOUILLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | DELICIOUS
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a sausage and Ratatouille casserole?In a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish, combine the bell peppers, onions and garlic with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the sausages in the remaining oil. Set aside on a plate.
How long do you cook Ratatouille in the oven?Transfer vegetables to the prepared dish, cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during the baking time to make sure that the vegetables cook evenly (or until vegetables are tender). Garnish with capers, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper just before serving. Cooking Just for Two?
How do you make a sauce for Ratatouille?Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch (30-cm) oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and bell peppers until soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the crushed tomatoes. Stir until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
How to make a one Pan Ratatouille with vegetables?Place sliced vegetables on top of the sauce in a spiral shape around the pan and into the center. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and top with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 more minutes. Serve hot over pasta or as a stand alone dish.