CHEF JOHN'S SPAGHETTI WITH RED CLAM SAUCE
- Pour olive oil into cold skillet. Add garlic, capers, anchovy paste, and red pepper flakes. Place over medium heat and cook and stir until the oil is infused with the flavors of the mixture, about 5 minutes, taking care not to brown the garlic. Add tomato sauce and rinse jar with 1/4 cup water; add water to skillet. Pour in wine and juice from clams, reserving the clams. Bring to a simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until almost al dente, or about 1 minute less than directed on package. Drain. Return pasta to the pot off heat.
- Stir clams into the sauce. Pour sauce over pasta. Stir; cover the pot to allow it to finish cooking off heat and to allow the pasta will absorb some of the sauce, about 3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Top with chopped fresh basil and/or parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 852 calories, Carbohydrate 116.9 g, Cholesterol 71.5 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 8.4 g, Protein 44.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 1513.8 mg, Sugar 18.6 g
FAVORITE BAKED SPAGHETTI
This yummy baked spaghetti casserole will be requested again and again for potlucks and family gatherings. It's especially popular with my grandchildren, who just love baked spaghetti with all the cheese. -Louise Miller, Westminster, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and seasoned salt; set aside., In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat., Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet., Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 20-25 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526 calories, Fat 24g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 127mg cholesterol, Sodium 881mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 31g protein.
RED WINE PASTA
Whether you're cooking for date night or game night, a recipe that is easy to prepare but leaves an impression is the way to go. This dish-which in Italy is known as spaghetti all'ubriaco or "drunken" pasta, combines thin strands of spaghetti with a reduced red wine-shallot sauce. Studded with bits of salty pancetta and sprinkled with Pecorino Romano cheese, it's a thirty-minute meal that is perfect for serving alongside slices of good crusty bread and a green salad.
Provided by Riley Wofford
Yield Serves 4 to 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towels to drain. Add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes to pan; season with salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully add red wine; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Add pasta to pot with red wine; cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is bright red and al dente and most of wine has been absorbed, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in cheese and pancetta. Stir in pasta water as needed to loosen sauce. Serve with more cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
MAC'S SPAGHETTI RED (SPICY WITH A KICK)
This is a simple recipe that has passed from my grandma to my dad to me. It's cheap and quick to make. If you like spicy food and you like spaghetti I think you'll like this recipe. I like to serve it with slices of french bread that have been slathered with garlic spread and lightly toasted in the oven. It has a kick I hope you like it!
Provided by Kntrldkaos
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet over med-high heat brown the hamburger (use a spatula to crumble the meat up fine while it cooks.
- In a large stock pot start your pasta water to boil (don't forget to season the water with salt). Add spaghetti when the water has come to a rolling boil.
- Once the meat is browned, strain it and return it to the pan.
- Add the other ingredients except the spaghetti. Mix and simmer over low-med heat (be sure to stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick).
- Strain the pasta when it's done and return to the stock pot.
- Pour the meat sauce into the stock pot with the spaghetti and mix well.
This is a timeless spaghetti sauce, a favorite of my Grandmother's. Due to health issues she can't cook anymore, but this is one of her favorites. In the summer I steal fresh tomatoes from my parent's garden... you can't beat this sauce when it's made with homegrown tomatoes. Leave it chunky or run it through a blender... it's up to you!
Provided by Little Mommy
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat olive oil in pan
- Peel and chop tomatoes.
- saute onion and garlic until tender.
- add tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano, bay leaf, sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, tomato paste, hamburger and 4 strips of bacon.
- cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- serve over pasta and sprinkle with remaining bacon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354.1, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 68.7, Sodium 888.7, Carbohydrate 11.4, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 6.9, Protein 20.9
RED BOWL SPAGHETTI
- In a large skillet cook ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- In a separate pan saute the onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in olive oil until tender. Add the cooked ground beef, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, and ground black pepper. Add salt, if desire. Simmer for an hour.
- As simmering time nears, in a large pot cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss drained spaghetti with tomato paste. Add cooked sauce; mix well.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367 calories, Carbohydrate 40.7 g, Cholesterol 42.6 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 17.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 512.5 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
SPAGHETTI WITH RED CLAM SAUCE
- Drain the clams reserving 1/2 cup of their juice and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the reserved clam juice and tomatoes, increase the heat and bring to a boil. Cover, and lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, cook for 15 minutes. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, salt generously. Cook the pasta until al dente, tender yet still slightly firm. During the last 5 minutes of cooking the pasta stir the clams, basil, and parsley into the sauce. Bring to a simmer and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce and toss to combine evenly. Divide among warmed bowls and serve.
RED SAUCE AND SPAGHETTI
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and saute until they are soft, and before it actually starts browning a bit, add the garlic. If you'd like to make the sauce spicier, add a pinch red pepper, optional.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on a medium-low flame for about a half hour. Thrive for balance in the consistency of the sauce, it has to be fluid but it should not look overly wet. A few minutes before taking the sauce off the fire, add half the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Cook a nice al dente pasta, dress with red sauce and finish with some freshly grated Parmesan, a couple of leaves of basil and sprinkle with extra-virgin olive oil.
More about "red spaghetti recipes"
RED-AND-READY SPAGHETTI | READY SET EAT
Cuisine ItalianCategory Main Dish, PastaServings 8Total Time 20 mins
- Beat tomato sauce, sugar, oil, onion, oregano and garlic powder in medium saucepan with wire whisk until well blended while spaghetti is cooking. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
RED SAUCE PASTA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
4.9/5 (147)Total Time 30 minsCategory MainCalories 388 per serving See details »
RED SAUCE AND SPAGHETTI : RECIPES : COOKING CHANNEL RECIPE ...
5/5 (2)Total Time 33 minsServings 4-6 See details »
RED SAUCE PASTA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN TOMATO RED ...
5/5 (39)Servings 2Cuisine ItalianCategory Cuisine See details »
EASY WEEKNIGHT SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE RECIPE
5/5 (12)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 mins See details »
10 BEST RED LENTIL PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
10 BEST PASTA RED SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
11 PASTA DINNERS THAT DON’T INVOLVE RED SAUCE | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Feta & Eggplant Pasta Salad. Give your pasta a Mediterranean upgrade with this eggplant and feta pasta salad. It’s a great make-ahead meal for those weeks you just know will be hectic.
- One-Skillet Chicken Alfredo Pasta. Pure creamy comfort — this one-skillet Alfredo pasta dinner gets a protein boost from sautéed chicken breasts. Add a handful of spinach at the very end to make it a complete meal.
- Vegan Beet Pesto Pasta. You’ve heard of pink sauce aka vodka sauce before, but this is pasta with hot pink sauce. It gets its vibrant color from the cooked beets that go into the pesto, and it has a delightfully earthy flavor you won’t be able to get enough of.
- Ginger Chicken and Pasta. In this recipe, the pasta acts more as the base or side for the sautéed chicken and ginger sauce that’s made with the juice from the pan.
- Creamy Gorgonzola Gnocchi. We love gnocchi in any form, but this version with a creamy gorgonzola sauce is at the top of our list. The brightness of the asparagus and peas is perfectly balanced by the pillowy pasta and slightly sharp cream sauce.
- Lemony Pesto Pasta with Edamame & Almonds. Beat the chillier weather with a burst of bright lemony pesto on your pasta. If you don’t have edamame, you can substitute in peas or another legume.
- Creamy One-Pot Pumpkin Pasta. What could be better, now that we’re in the thick of fall, than a creamy pumpkin sauce over your favorite pasta noodles?
- Creamy Braised Chicken with Pappardelle. Flat, wide pappardelle noodles are our pick for this silky chicken pasta since they give the sauce so much to cling to.
- Pasta with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta. Brussels sprouts, along with either pancetta or bacon, are a classic fall ingredient, so it just makes sense to serve them atop your favorite noodles.
- Squash, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Pasta with Basil. Use up the last lingering summer squash and make this pasta dish inspired by one of our favorite gratin recipes.
SPICY RED PASTA WITH LENTILS | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
4.9/5 (85)Total Time 30 minsCategory EntreeCalories 778 per serving
- Add lentils and water to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, then reduce heat slightly to achieve a mild simmer (not boil).
- Cook lentils to preferred doneness - 15 minutes for a slight bite, 20-22 minutes for more tender lentils. For this dish, I prefer 'al dente' so they don't become mushy.
- When lentils are finished cooking, drain off any excess cooking liquid, season with a pinch of salt, and set aside.
- While lentils are cooking, heat a large, rimmed metal or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, garlic, carrots and tomato (optional). Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
EASY RED SAUCE SPAGHETTI PASTA RECIPE - GEETA KI DUNIYA
5/5 (6)Category Dinner, Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 25 mins
- Boil 8 cups of water with 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp salt. Add spaghetti pasta to it. The water level should be above the pasta. Add more water if needed. Check the instructions on the pasta pack for boiling them.
- I have boiled the spaghetti pasta for 10 minutes till al dente. We keep the pasta slightly undercooked because we will cook it again with the sauce. Once pasta is boiled, put it on a colander and pour some water on it to stop the cooking process. Sprinkle some oil over it and keep it aside. We will use some pasta water in the preparation later so keep aside the pasta water that we got after boiling the pasta.
RED SAUCE PASTA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE RED SAUCE PASTA ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory SnackCalories 1684 per serving
- At first, for making Indian style red sauce pasta recipe pour water in a Kadai and heat it on medium flame.
100 SPAGHETTI RECIPES FOR EVERY TASTE | MYRECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins See details »
RED-AND-READY SPAGHETTI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 8 See details »
SPAGHETTI RED? - HOME COOKING - SPAGHETTI - CHOWHOUND
See details »
RED LENTIL PASTA WITH CREAMY TOMATO & PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE ...
See details »
EASY SPAGHETTI RED SAUCE RECIPE - IMAGE OF FOOD RECIPE
See details »
SPAGHETTI AL ARRABBIATA PASTA (RED SAUCE) RECIPE BY SHILPI ...
See details »
HOW TO MAKE A RED SAUCE PASTA | FAMILY CUISINE
See details »
PASTA RECIPES TO TRY WHEN YOU DON'T WANT RED SAUCE
See details »
70 RECIPES USING PASTA SAUCE TO MAKE FOR DINNER TONIGHT ...
See details »
RED SAUCE PASTA RECIPE_SPICY AND YUMMY PASTA RECIPE BY ...
See details »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #pasta #easy #pasta-rice-and-grains #spaghetti
You'll also love