RHUBARB OAT BARS
These chewy rhubarb bars provide just the right amount of tartness and sweetness. They are simply unbeatable! -Renette Cressey, Fort Mill, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 bars.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. , Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside., In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, coconut, salt and remaining brown sugar. Stir in butter until mixture is crumbly. , Press half of the oats mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with rhubarb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and press down lightly., Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145 calories, Fat 5g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 126mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS
This recipe for Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars will get that last bag of rhubarb right out of the freezer. Pair it with another pantry staple, oatmeal and you've got cookies you can make just about anytime.
Provided by Laura
Categories Dessert Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350˚Make the Crust/Topping:
- mix the dry ingredients together
- cut the butter in chunks and drop it in the dry mix, cut in with a pastry blender or two knives, or use your hands mix it in
- keep mixing until it looks like coarse crumbs
- save off 1 cup of crumbs
- press the rest in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish
- Make the Rhubarb Filling
- put the rhubarb, water (if using) and sugar in a sauce pan
- bring it to a boil over medium high heat, it will get very juicy as it cooks
- once it comes to a boil reduce the heat to keep it from scorching, just keep it bubbling lightly until the rhubarb is just starting to get soft
- remove 2/3 cup of the juice and whisk in the flour into it
- add it back in the pan and stir until thickened, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes and remove from the heat (you just made rhubarb gravy!)
- spread the rhubarb over the base layer in the 9X13 sprinkle with reserved crumbs
- bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly brown and the rhubarb is bubbly
- let it cool before you cut it for best results
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211 calories, Carbohydrate 33 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 20 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 8 grams fat, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 97 milligrams sodium, Sugar 18 grams sugar, TransFat 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams unsaturated fat
RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS
A delicious rhubarb bar, great for the first rhubarb of the season, or to use up the last. I have found that cooking the rhubarb in half water half fruit juice (I've used orange or pineapple) enhances the flavour nicely.
Provided by Lezlie
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 24 bars
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Crust: Combine all ingredients until crumbly.
- Pat half of mixture into 13x9" baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes before pouring filling on top.
- Filling: In saucepan combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Cook until clear.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 229.7, Fat 10.4, SaturatedFat 2.4, Sodium 47.2, Carbohydrate 32.9, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 21.8, Protein 2.1
These sweet and tart rhubarb oatmeal bars have a nutty crust and crisp topping.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all the crust ingredients and mix until they are crumbly. Press half of the crust on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Combine the rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar and cornstarch have dissolved and the liquid has thickened. Stir in the vanilla. Pour the rhubarb filling evenly over the crust. Top with the remaining crust mixture. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and let cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Facts :
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups of flour and baking powder. Cut in 1/2 cup of butter by pinching between your fingers or using a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the egg and milk just until the mixture is moistened. Pat into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread rhubarb over the crust in an even layer, then sprinkle the dry gelatin powder over the rhubarb.
- Prepare the topping by stirring together 2 cups white sugar and 1 cup flour. Cut in 1/2 cup of butter as you did for the crust. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden brown and the rhubarb is tender enough to easily pierce with a fork, about 45 minutes. Cool and then cut into bars to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171.1 calories, Carbohydrate 26.3 g, Cholesterol 28.7 mg, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 73.2 mg, Sugar 16.1 g
RHUBARB CUSTARD BARS
Once I tried these rich, gooey bars, I just had to have the recipe so I could make them for my family and friends. The shortbreadlike crust and the rhubarb and custard layers inspire people to find rhubarb that they can use to fix a batch for themselves. -Shari Roach, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. , Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and flour in a bowl. Whisk in cream and eggs. Stir in the rhubarb. Pour over crust. Bake at 350° until custard is set, 40-45 minutes. Cool. , For topping, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spread over top. Cover and chill. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 11g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 52mg cholesterol, Sodium 70mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
JULIE'S RHUBARB BARS OR CRISP
A recipe I got from a co worker. Scrumptious. She substituted butter for shortening in the recipe and it was divine.
Provided by tuttifrutti1
Yield 1 9x13 pan
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Mix rhubarb , sugar, water, vanilla .
- Add cornstarch which has been dissolved in water.
- Cook until thick.
- Mix together ostmeal and all other ingredients until crumbly.
- Pat 3/4 of mixture into greased 9x13 pan (I used half mixture for top and bottom).
- Pour in rhubarb mixture and sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Cooland cut into small bars.
- NOTE: A 10 oz box of frozen strawberries can be mixed with the hot rhubarb mix.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5484.7, Fat 253.7, SaturatedFat 56.7, Sodium 724.3, Carbohydrate 780.9, Fiber 28, Sugar 520.6, Protein 47.9
More about "rhubarb oatmeal bars recipes"
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS | LITTLE HOUSE BIG ALASKA
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS (WITH CRUMB TOPPING!) - COOKING CLASSY
RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
RUHBARB OATMEAL - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
RHUBARB CRUMBLE SQUARES - EAT IN EAT OUT
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS - HALL NESTING
SWEDISH RICOTTA OATMEAL RHUBARB BARS RECIPE
RHUBARB CRISP BARS WITH OATMEAL - MIDWESTERN HOMELIFE
THE BEST OATMEAL RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS - MIDWESTERN HOMELIFE
RHUBARB OAT BARS - EASY TO MAKE TREAT FOR A CROWD
RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS - ROOTSY NETWORK
RHUBARB COOKIES WITH OATMEAL - PITCHFORK FOODIE FARMS
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BAKED OATMEAL - FIT FOODIE FINDS
10 RHUBARB BARS TO MAKE ASAP | ALLRECIPES
THE HERITAGE COOKBOOK PROJECT
RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RHUBARB ALMOND BREAKFAST BARS - SIMPLY SCRATCH
RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS - CURLY GIRL KITCHEN
ROASTED RHUBARB OATMEAL BAR RECIPE - FOOD CHANNEL
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB CRUMBLE BARS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
OATMEAL RHUBARB COOKIES (OR BARS) RECIPE - FARM AND DAIRY
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB OAT BARS • FAMILY AROUND THE TABLE
THE BEST BERRY RHUBARB OAT BARS - THE BEARD AND THE BAKER
54 BEST EASY RHUBARB RECIPES - WHOLESOME FARMHOUSE RECIPES
OATMEAL RHUBARB BARS | NEIGHBORFOODBLOG.COM
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMB BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
EASY RHUBARB BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BARS | THE FOOD BLOG
RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
9 RHUBARB OATMEAL IDEAS IN 2022 | RHUBARB, RHUBARB RECIPES, …
RASPBERRY RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS - WHOLEANDHEAVENLYOVEN.COM
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB BARS - DELCIOUS HOMEMADE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS - KATIE'S CONSCIOUS KITCHEN
RHUBARB SQUARES - FOOD MEANDERINGS
OATMEAL RHUBARB BARS TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
HEALTHY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB OATMEAL BARS (VEGAN) - GINGER WITH …
LAYERED RHUBARB BARS RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
CUSTOMER SERVICE - BOB'S RED MILL NATURAL FOODS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #oven #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make rhubarb with oats?Directions In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons water and lemon juice. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into rhubarb mixture. In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, coconut, salt and remaining brown sugar. Press half of the oats mixture into a greased 8-in.
How to make rhubarb bars?Filling: In saucepan combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook until clear. Blend in vanilla. Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. In my crust mixture I added coconut. It was delicious. This is a great recipe. Love it! I made these bars to take to a family dinner. Everyone loved them!
Where can I buy frozen rhubarb for oatmeal bars?TIP: Either fresh or frozen rhubarb works equally well in these rhubarb oatmeal bars. You can find fresh rhubarb in grocery stores in early spring (from April-June), or check the freezer section of your local farmer’s market for frozen rhubarb. All-Purpose Flour. Provides structure and strength to the crust and topping. Old-Fashioned Oats.
How do you make rhubarb ice cream?Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream eggs, butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy. About 2 minutes. Add diced rhubarb and 1/2 cup sugar in a blender. Blend rhubarb until finely chopped. Pour into creamed ingredients. Mix together. Add flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon into creamed mixture. Add quick oats. Mix until incorporated.