If these pancakes were any lighter, they would float off the plate--and I didn't even separate the eggs and whip the whites. Also, I used water instead of milk--and I liked them better that way. I like to serve these with a pat of butter, a pinch of lemon zest, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Whisk water and baking soda together in a mixing bowl. Add ricotta cheese, lemon zest, vegetables oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth, breaking up lumps of cheese as you mix. Add melted butter, lemon juice, and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons self-rising flour. Whisk together, stirring until most of flour disappears into the batter.
- Let batter sit at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Heat lightly greased cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Portion out 1/4 cup scoops of batter onto skillet (cook in batches). When bubbles begin to form on the surface and the edges of the pancakes start to look dry (2 to 3 minutes), flip and cook other side until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a warm plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553.8 calories, Carbohydrate 62.8 g, Cholesterol 141.2 mg, Fat 26 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 16.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.1 g, Sodium 1399.4 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
This quick batter cooks into the most tender pancakes for the most comforting breakfast. Milky ricotta and butter, along with tangy buttermilk, lend a soft, sweet creaminess, and well-beaten eggs keep them fluffy and light. Lemon- and vanilla-scented sugar makes the pancakes sweet enough to eat on their own, but they're fun to serve with blueberry syrup or your favorite toppings. If you prefer soufflé-like pancakes, separate the whites from the yolks and beat them to stiff peaks. Mix the yolks in with the wet ingredients, fold the whipped whites in after the dry ingredients are incorporated and cook as directed below.
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Categories pancakes, main course
Yield 8 to 10 small pancakes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Heat a griddle or large nonstick pan or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet over medium-low.
- Add the sugar to a large bowl, then finely grate the zest of the lemon directly over the sugar. Using your fingers, gently rub the zest into the sugar. Add the vanilla and whisk to evenly moisten. Add the eggs and whisk until foamy on top, then add the ricotta, buttermilk and butter, and whisk until well blended. Add the flour mixture and gently stir until no traces of flour remain.
- Generously butter the griddle, then drop a scant 1/4 cup batter onto it. Repeat, spacing the rounds at least an inch apart. Cook until the bottoms are golden brown and the tops are bubbling, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until the other sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with more butter and the remaining batter. Serve warm, slathered with butter and blueberry syrup or other toppings if you'd like.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, polenta, baking powder and salt. In a large measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, ricotta, lemon zest and eggs. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold together, using a rubber spatula, until just combined. Let sit for 15 minutes to allow the polenta to soften.
- Preheat a rimmed griddle to medium-low heat. Add oil to coat the griddle.
- With a 1/4-cup measure, scoop batter onto the griddle. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the pancakes to a plate and continue with the remaining batter. Serve warm with lots of warm maple syrup.
RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH LEMON SYRUP
- For the ricotta pancakes: Whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk in the milk, egg, and zest until incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the ricotta.
- Preheat a large, well-seasoned cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add enough butter just to coat. When a drop of water thrown into the skillet bounces across the surface vigorously, add heaping tablespoon-sized dollops of batter, allowing enough room between each for them to spread slightly. Cook until the bubbles begin to pop and hollow out on the surface of the pancakes, adjusting the heat as necessary, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Serve with Lemon Syrup.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar, water, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool and strain.
LEMON & RICOTTA PANCAKES
Light & fluffy pancakes with a soft flavour
Provided by misslaffan
Yield Serves 12
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the ricotta cheese, sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl and mix together. Stir in the lemon rind and melted butter. Sift in the flour and fold in. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Put a non-stick frying pan onto a medium heat and add heaped tablespoons of the mixture allowing room for spread. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the underside is coloured then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed conserve and enjoy.
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
I'm a firm believer that rhubarb recipes cannot be too plentiful. Here, it is featured in the sauce for lovely lemon pancakes. These are yummy for brunch.- Marilyn Rodriguez, Spark, Nevada
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 pancakes (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- For rhubarb sauce, combine the rhubarb, water and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, milk, lemon juice and zest. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. , Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with rhubarb sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 29mg cholesterol, Sodium 498mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (28g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
- Line a fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth; set over a small bowl. Add ricotta to strainer and let drain for 15 minutes; set aside.
- Gently combine berries, 1/3 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Let macerate, tossing occasionally, until sugar dissolves and juices are released, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk both flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons sugar, beating until peaks form. Whisk the egg yolks, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and zest in another medium bowl to blend. Whisk in milk. Add the yolk mixture to dry ingredients; whisk just to blend. Add half of the egg white mixture; fold just to blend. Fold in ricotta, then remaining egg white mixture.
- Heat a griddle or large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; brush with melted butter. Using scant 1/2 cup batter for each pancake and working in batches, ladle batter onto griddle and cook until bottom is golden brown, edges are dry, and bubbles form on top of pancake, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 1 minute. Transfer pancakes to plates. Serve with berries and their juices.
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY SAUCE
These pancakes are light and don't leave you feeling too full. The blueberry sauce is easy, healthy, bright, and perfect on top of these pancakes. Top the pancakes with blueberry sauce or maple syrup.
Provided by hopefuleesoon
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice and cornstarch together in a bowl until cornstarch dissolves.
- Stir blueberries and 3 tablespoons sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour cornstarch mixture into blueberry mixture; cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly. Cover saucepan and remove from heat.
- Whisk ricotta cheese, milk, eggs, sugar, juice from 1 lemon, lemon zest, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl until well blended. Add flour and baking powder; whisk to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter in 1/4 cup portions onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter. Top pancakes with blueberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57.7 g, Cholesterol 85.1 mg, Fat 3.9 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 7.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 560.2 mg, Sugar 27.7 g
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: pancake, ricotta cheese, egg yolk, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, flour, baking powder, blueberry compote, blueberry, sugar, water, lemon juice, egg whites, sugar
Provided by Hector Gomez
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, egg yolk, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth, then add flour and baking powder. Mix this until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed with an electric mixer until very white and foamy, then gradually add sugar. Continue beating on high speed until hard peaks form.
- Gently fold ¼ of the egg whites into the lemon ricotta mixture. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites. Be careful not to deflate the eggs!
- Butter up a nonstick pan and pour in about ¼ cup (25g) worth of batter for each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on the edges.
- In a pot or pan, cook blueberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the compote reaches a thick consistency. (Compote will thicken once it cools, so to loosen it up just add a touch of hot water.)
- Serve hot compote over stack of pancakes and dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 928 calories, Carbohydrate 175 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 26 grams, Sugar 64 grams
More about "ricotta lemon pancakes recipes"
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (2)Servings 6Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
THE BEST LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 109 per serving
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and drop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (145)Total Time 25 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 375 per serving
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - KIM'S CRAVINGS
LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES | THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - THE CHUNKY CHEF
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES – MODERN HONEY
LIGHT + FLUFFY LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES - ALL THINGS MAMMA
LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
RECIPES LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES | @GHEEWINSLOW
FLUFFY LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
BEST RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LEMON RICOTTA …
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE | PC.CA
EASY LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES. – ALL RECIPES
BEST RICOTTA LEMON PANCAKES RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
LEMON AND RICOTTA PANCAKES - STEVEN AND CHRIS - CBC
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - FRAICHE LIVING
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - BAKER BY NATURE
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES | KITCHN
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH LEMON SYRUP - VALERIE BERTINELLI
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - FLUFFY AND MOIST! • PANCAKE RECIPES
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LEMON RICOTTA …
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES (SUPER EASY TO MAKE!) - KYLEE COOKS
LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES | WILLIAMS SONOMA
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES | GIMME DELICIOUS
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES RECIPE
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES – A COUPLE COOKS
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES | RECIPES.NET
MEYER – RECIPES » LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES RECIPE (FLUFFY & DELISH!) - GRANDBABY CAKES
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES (EASY + QUICK) - LAUREN'S LATEST
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - FEELGOODFOODIE
ULTRA MOIST LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - ILONA'S PASSION - RECIPES
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES (DELICIOUSLY MOIST & FLUFFY) - FOOLPROOF …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #pancakes-and-waffles #breakfast #fruit #american #kosher #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #high-calcium #high-in-something #citrus #lemon #brunch #equipment #number-of-servings
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES - Easy Breakfast Pancakes Recipe300K views-07:05
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe14K views-06:23
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes - Easy Lemon Pancakes Recipe451K views-05:26
Super-Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes | Recipe15K views-01:27
Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancake Recipe - Driscoll's1.9K views-01:25
Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Figs | Cook Like a Pro | Food Network200K views-05:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make soft and fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes?Soft and fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes made from scratch! In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; whisk well to combine. In a separate bowl add the eggs and lightly beat them with a whisk. Add in the milk, ricotta, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
How do you make ricotta cheese pancakes?This recipe makes 18 (4-inch) pancakes. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until well blended. Mix in ricotta cheese, buttermilk and salt and whisk until blended. In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder then whisk the flour mixture into the cheese mixture.
What is the best recipe for ricotta cheese cake?In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and ricotta, then add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and zest. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
What do you serve with lemon ricotta pancakes?Lemon Ricotta pancakes may seem like a fancy recipe, but they are super simple to make. Ricotta adds a light and fluffy texture to the pancakes. The lemon juice and lemon zest give a lovely, but subtle lemon flavor. We recommend serving these with either traditional maple syrup, buttermilk syrup, or blueberry syrup.