RICOTTA TOAST WITH BACON AND TOMATO
Toast isn't just for breakfast anymore. Eat this creamy and flavorful toast any time of day! Use a thick-cut crusty bread like sourdough so it can stand up to the toppings. If you prefer a smoother consistency, blend the ricotta in a food processor before using.
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble and set aside.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush bread slices with olive oil on both sides. Cook in grill pan until grill marks appear and bread is toasted, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Spread toasted bread with ricotta cheese. Top with tomato mixture and sprinkle with bacon. Cut each toast in half and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.6 calories, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 20.9 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 10.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 527.5 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
RICOTTA AND TOMATO SANDWICH
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the tomato slices on the prepared baking sheet. Top each slice with ricotta cheese; sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the ricotta cheese; place under the preheated broiler until the cheese begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each of 2 slices of toasted multigrain bread. Top the remaining two pieces of toast with the slices of provolone cheese. Then arrange the broiled tomatoes on the provolone cheese. Complete the sandwich by placing the bread with the mayonnaise atop the tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Carbohydrate 22.4 g, Cholesterol 29.4 mg, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 5.9 g, Protein 11.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 563.1 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
HEIRLOOM TOMATOES WITH HERBED RICOTTA
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, scallions, dill, chives, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and set aside for up to 30 minutes.
- With a small serrated knife, cut the larger tomatoes in wedges through the stem and the smaller tomatoes in half through the stem. Place them in a medium bowl with the garlic, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- When ready to serve, add the basil to the tomatoes and combine. Pile the ricotta in a large (12-inch) round shallow bowl or oval platter. Using a slotted spoon, place the tomatoes around the ricotta, discarding any liquid. Drizzle the tomatoes and ricotta with olive oil, sprinkle with the reserved basil and fleur de sel, and serve at room temperature.
- Set a fine-mesh sieve over a deep bowl. Dampen 2 pieces of cheesecloth with water and line the sieve with a double layer of the cheesecloth.
- Pour the milk and cream into a medium stainless-steel or enameled pot, such as Le Creuset, and stir in the salt. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and pour in the vinegar. Allow the mixture to stand for one minute, until it curdles. It will separate into thick parts (the curds) and milky parts (the whey).
- Pour the mixture into the cheesecloth-lined sieve and allow it to drain into the bowl at room temperature for 20 minutes (for soft ricotta) to 25 minutes (for firmer ricotta), occasionally discarding the liquid that collects in the bowl. Transfer the ricotta to a bowl, discarding the cheesecloth and any remaining liquid. Use immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The ricotta will keep, refrigerated, for 4 to 5 days.
More about "ricotta toast with bacon and tomato recipes"
RICOTTA AVOCADO TOAST BREAKFAST RECIPE - BUTTERED SIDE UP
5/5 (1)Category BreakfastCuisine American, MediterraneanTotal Time 7 mins
- Toast the bread to your liking. Spread with butter. Top with ricotta. Sprinkle the ricotta with salt and pepper. Squeeze on some fresh lemon juice.
TOMATO RICOTTA TOAST WITH BASIL AND BALSAMIC | GIRL …
Ratings 6Estimated Reading Time 4 minsCategory Appetizer, LunchTotal Time 5 mins
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix ricotta cheese with parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Top with sliced tomatoes (and a pinch of salt and black pepper, if desired), along with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, fresh basil and olive oil. Enjoy!
RICOTTA TOAST RECIPES - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
Reviews 1Category BreakfastCuisine AmericanTotal Time 8 mins
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. When hot, place the tomatoes in the pan and let cook till they burst (6 to 8 minutes).
- Spread 1/4 cup ricotta cheese on each piece of toast. Followed by 1/2 the avocado slices on half the toasts.
RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - MIDWEST FOODIE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 minsCategory Main DishCalories 249 per serving
- Place tomatoes into a small baking dish. Add olive oil, sliced garlic, oregano and a large pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
9 WAYS TO MAKE RICOTTA TOAST - THE CROOKED CARROT
4.7/5 (20)Category Appetizer, Breakfast, SnacksCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss tomatoes in olive oil and spread out on a lined baking sheet (Check out our favorite baking sheet liners here). Season with rosemary, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste. Roast 20-30 minutes or until tomatoes “pop”. Top ricotta toast with tomatoes and rosemary. Enjoy immediately!
- Half berries and spread out on ricotta toast. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over toast, garnish with mint leaves and enjoy!
- Spread banana out on ricotta toast. Sprinkle cinnamon and walnuts over the banana. Drizzle honey over toast and enjoy!
WHIPPED RICOTTA TOAST WITH ROASTED TOMATOES - …
5/5 (9)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer, Side DishCalories 256 per serving
- Cut just the top of the head of garlic off, leaving cloves intact and exposed. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil, wrap tightly in aluminum foil, place on medium sheet pan and roast for 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, shallots, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- After garlic has roasted for 25 minutes, leave it in the oven then add the sheet pan with the tomatoes and shallots and roast for 20 minutes.
10 SUPER PRETTY RICOTTA TOAST RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE · I AM A ...
5/5 (5)Total Time 10 minsCategory SnackCalories 200 per serving
TOMATO & RICOTTA TOAST | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION …
Servings 4Calories 127 per serving
9 RICOTTA TOAST RECIPES THAT WILL MAKE YOU FORGET ALL ...
Author Leah WynalekEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
PASTA WITH BACON AND RICOTTA - ITALIAN FOOD BOSS
4.5/5 (8)Calories 1002 per servingCategory Main Course
10 BEST RICOTTA CHEESE TOAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED PROSCIUTTO & TOMATO RICOTTA TOAST
DUBRETON RECIPES - BACON WRAPPED AVOCADO TOAST WITH …
10+ RICOTTA TOAST RECIPES | EATINGWELL
BAKED RICOTTA WITH TRUSS TOMATOES, BACON AND ROCKET | FOOD ...
Servings 4Total Time 20 minsCategory Breakfast, Brunch, Workday Lunches
SUMMER TOMATO TOAST WITH RICOTTA AND BACON : RECIPES
NO-COOK RECIPES: WHIPPED RICOTTA TOAST WITH HEIRLOOM TOMATOES
TOMATO PEACH SALAD WITH RICOTTA RECIPES
BASIL BACON TOMATO FRENCH TOAST RECIPES
RICOTTA TOAST WITH BACON AND TOMATO RECIPE - HEALTHY MEAL PREP
TOMATO RICOTTA TOAST RECIPES
RICOTTA AND TOMATO TOAST RECIPES
LIZZO'S RICOTTA TOAST WITH PLANT-BASED BACON - PRIME ROOTS
RECIPE RICOTTA TOAST WITH BACON AND TOMATO - ALL RECIPES ...
RICOTTA TOAST- TFRECIPES
RICOTTA TOAST WITH BACON AND TOMATO RECIPE - ALL RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is ricotta toast?Ricotta toast combines crunchy toast and creamy cheese to make a healthy breakfast or appetizer option that tastes indulgent. Whether you top your toast with sweet jam, fresh fruit or roasted veggies, you're in for a treat. Recipes like our Roasted Tomato & Ricotta Toast and Honey-Roasted Cherry & Ricotta Tartine are delicious and creative.
How do you cook ricotta cheese with tomatoes and ricotta?Drizzle the tomatoes and ricotta with olive oil, sprinkle with the reserved basil and fleur de sel, and serve at room temperature. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a deep bowl. Dampen 2 pieces of cheesecloth with water and line the sieve with a double layer of the cheesecloth.
What is rictta cheese toast made of?This Rictta Cheese Toast uses whole grain toast crackers and reduced fat cheese for a lighter snack option. Toasted French bread slices get a topping of seasoned ricotta cheese and roasted asparagus spears for an appetizer or small bite that's perfect for summer entertaining.
How do you make ricotta cheese and garlic bread?Lay bread slices in an even layer on the sheet pan, spray lightly with olive oil and place the sheet pan in the oven to allow bread to toast while you whip the ricotta. Unwrap the garlic and carefully squeeze or scoop cloves into a food processor fitted with metal blade.