ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS
If you're looking for an alternative Sunday roast, try this roast spiced duck served with plums. It's the perfect balance of savoury, sweet and sour
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 4. Toast the star anise and coriander seeds in a dry pan until aromatic. Tip the toasted spices into a spice grinder with 2 tsp sea salt and grind into a fine powder (or crush using a pestle and mortar). Put the spice salt in a bowl, add the sugar, mix well and set aside.
- Lightly score the skin of the duck in a criss-cross pattern and heat the oil in a large casserole. Using a pair of tongs to turn it, brown the duck well on all sides, pour off the excess fat, then sit the duck breast-side up and season all over with the sugar and spice mix. Pack the plums around the outside, then scatter over the bay and pour over the vinegar and stock.
- Roast in the oven for 2 hrs or until the duck is golden and the plums have broken down. Turn the oven right up for 10 more mins to crisp up the skin. Take the duck out of the pan to rest for 10 mins and spoon the excess fat off the plums. Carve the duck and serve with a good spoonful of plums.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 762 calories, Fat 59 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 22 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 22 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 2.9 milligram of sodium
EASY PLUM AND GINGER ROASTED DUCK
Serve this easy Plum & Ginger Chinese Roasted Duck with Plum Sauce for an elegant and easy-to-make holiday meal. The sweet plum and ginger glaze accentuates the gamy taste of duck and makes for a wonderfully crispy skin. Pat dry the duck's skin before baking for best results.
Provided by Marie
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C.
- Pat dry duck's skin carefully with paper towel. Place duck on a rack in a roasting tin.
- Place in the oven and roast 18 minutes per pound (40 minutes per kilo). My duck weighted 5 pounds (2.2 kilos) so I roasted it 1 hour and 25 minutes. Adjust cooking time according to the weigh of your duck. If duck starts to become too brown, cover loosely with foil.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 /6th (duck + sauce), Calories 757 kcal, Carbohydrate 60 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 50 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Cholesterol 96 mg, Sodium 874 mg, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 46 g
ROASTED DUCK & ROAST SPICED PLUM SAUCE
Yield 4 - 6
Number Of Ingredients 1
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Rub the duck all over with the five spice and oil, season with cracked black pepper and pop a halved clementine and the whole garlic bulb in its cavity. Place on a rack over a large roasting tin and drizzle with honey. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes (about 1½ hours) until crisp and tender. 2. While the duck is cooking, make the plum sauce. Place the plum halves in a roasting tin with the vinegar, cinnamon stick, star anise, bay leaf and sugar. Squeeze the juice of two clementines over, cover the tray with foil and place in the oven to roast for 25 minutes until the plums start to give. 3. Remove the plums from the oven, give them a stir and scrape the tin to break them up a little. Remove the spices and bay leaf before tipping into a serving bowl. 4. Remove the duck from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes, then carve and serve with the plum sauce, and green beans tossed in sesame oil and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Info Typical values per serving Energy 2,338kj 562kcals Fat 38.8g Saturated Fat 11.2g Carbohydrate 27.4g Sugars 26.7g Protein 25.7g Salt 0.4g Fibre 2.1g Based on 6 servings Click here for more information about health and nutrition
DUCK BREASTS WITH ROASTED PLUMS
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange plums, cut side down, in a baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar, if desired; set aside. Score skin of duck breasts in a crosshatch pattern, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place breasts skin-side down in a cold medium skillet. Place over medium-high heat until most of the fat has rendered and the skin is dark golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Pour off fat, and turn duck breasts, meat-side down.
- Place duck and plums in oven. Roast until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the duck registers 125 degrees, about 10 minutes. Remove duck and plums from oven. Remove duck from skillet, and cover to keep warm. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice each breast half into 12 thin slices. Place 6 slices on each plate. Garnish each plate with 2 plum halves. Drizzle with any accumulated juices from the bottom of the baking dish.
ROASTED DUCK BREAST WITH PLUM SAUCE
- For the sauce, fry the shallot in the oil for 5 mins or until softened but not coloured. Add the plums and sugar, stirring for a few mins until the sugar has dissolved. Add the red wine and stock, then simmer for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly thickened. Keep warm or leave at room temperature for up to a day before reheating to serve.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/gas 4. Score the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife and season well with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan and place the duck breasts in, skin-side down. Fry for 6-7 mins, then turn and add the thyme, star anise and butter. Allow this to melt, basting the duck with the juices, then transfer everything to a small roasting tin and finish in the oven for 5-6 mins for pink or 10-12 mins for well done.
- When the duck is ready, baste again with the juices, then rest for 5 mins while you finish everything else.
- To serve, thinly slice each duck breast on a chopping board. Arrange on each plate along with a spoon of the Creamed potatoes, some of the plum sauce and the Buttered spinach.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 904 calories, Fat 64 grams fat, SaturatedFat 20 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 39 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 38 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.05 milligram of sodium
More about "roast spiced duck with plums recipes"
DUCK WITH SPICED PLUMS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Cuisine Chinese RecipesTotal Time 35 minsCategory Duck RecipesCalories 392 per serving
- Halve the plums, remove the stones and cut into wedges. Place in a small saucepan with the ginger, star anise, chilli, sugar, and the lime zest and juice. Heat over a low heat to dissolve the sugar, then turn the heat up a little, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until the plums are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan160ºC/gas 4. Slash the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife in a crisscross pattern, then sprinkle with the five-spice and some sea salt.
- Heat a heavy ovenproof frying pan over a medium-high heat. Place the duck in the pan, skin-side down, and cook for 5-6 minutes until the skin is golden and crisp. Tip most of the fat from the pan, then turn the duck over and sear the other side for 1 minute. Put the pan in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the duck breasts (we think they’re best served pink).
- Remove the duck to a warm plate and rest for 5 minutes. Slice the duck breasts and serve with the spiced plums and some wilted greens and potatoes, if you like.
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS RECIPE - LUV-A-DUCK
Servings 4Category Whole Duck
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, …
GLAZED ROAST DUCK LETTUCE CUPS WITH SPICED PLUM SAUCE
DUCK WITH SPICED PLUMS | RECIPE | ROASTED CHICKEN LEGS, RECIPES, …
ROAST DUCK AND SPICED PLUM SALAD - FOOD24
SPICED PLUMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ROAST CHICKEN WITH PLUM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WHOLE DUCK RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
EASY HOMEMADE CRISPY DUCK WITH SPICY PLUM SAUCE
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DUCK WITH SPICED PLUMS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, FOOD, …
DUCK WITH SPICED PLUMS | RECIPE | ROASTED CHICKEN LEGS, PLUM …
ROAST DUCK WITH PLUM & GINGER CHILLI GLAZE - ZARS KITCHEN
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS AND CAULIFLOWER POTATO PURéE
FLOYDRECIPES - ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS | CAWDRONS BUTCHERS STALHAM
ROAST DUCK WITH RICH PLUM SAUCE RECIPE AND WINE PAIRING
HOTEL MEYRICK'S ROAST SILVER HILL DUCK WITH SPICED PLUMS
RECIPE WITH PLUMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EASY ROASTED DUCK WITH PLUM SAUCE - FED AND FIT
RECIPE FOR ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS | ROAST RECIPES, RECIPES, …
AB - 1067969 - ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS.DOCX - RECIPE CARD …
RECIPE: CRISPY SPICED DUCK WITH PLUM SAUCE - KHOOLLECT
ROAST SPICED DUCK WITH PLUMS - MASAKALAEMAK.BLOGSPOT.COM
SEARED AND ROAST DUCK BREASTS WITH ASIAN PLUM SAUCE …
ROAST DUCK AND SPICED PLUM SALAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
DUCK WITH SPICED PLUMS | RECIPE | ROASTED CHICKEN LEGS, PLUM …
DUCK SIDE DISHES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SHREDDED DUCK WITH PLUMS AND CHILLI FLATBREAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
DINNER RECIPES WITH PLUMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ROASTED DUCK BREAST WITH PLUM SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
ROAST DUCK WITH PLUM SAUCE RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
DUCK RECIPES | WAITROSE & PARTNERS
RECIPES WITH PLUMS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love