ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
This salad is a bit of work, but it's so delicious and always impresses guests. Mache can be hard to find, so you may omit it and just use arugula, but it adds a great nutty flavor if you can find it.
Provided by Megancake
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Wrap each beet in two layers of aluminum foil, and place onto a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until the beets are tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Allow the beets to cool slightly, then remove the skins. Let the beets cool to room temperature, or refrigerate until cold. Once cooled, thinly slice the beets.
- Place the mache and arugula into a large mixing bowl. Add the sliced beets and peaches; sprinkle with the shallots, pistachios, and goat cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper until emulsified, and pour over the salad mixture. Toss well, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 691.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37.7 g, Cholesterol 44.8 mg, Fat 52.8 g, Fiber 7.7 g, Protein 23.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.2 g, Sodium 555.4 mg, Sugar 21.8 g
FARRO, ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the greens off the beets and slice them into 1/2-inch pieces; reserve. Trim and discard the beet stems. Combine the beets, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, some pepper, 5 of the thyme sprigs and the garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Cover with foil and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until easily pierced with a paring knife. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, toast the pistachios in the oven for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan or lidded deep skillet over medium heat. Add the farro and toast for 2 minutes--the color will darken slightly and the farro will acquire a nutty fragrance. Add 2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 5 thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, or until al dente (cooked but still firm to the bite). Drain the farro well and pour into a serving bowl.
- While the farro is still hot, add the beet greens, tossing to allow the heat to wilt the greens. Set aside to cool completely.
- With a paper towel, remove the skins from the beets. Quarter the beets and add them to the bowl with the farro. Fold in the toasted pistachios.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a small bowl. Mash with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar and then whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Top with the crumbled goat cheese.
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the beets on a baking sheet. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, rosemary and some salt and pepper. Reserve one-quarter of the dressing for the salad and pour the rest over the beets. Roast until the beets are tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- While the beets are cooking, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat the goat cheese slices first in the flour, then in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Fry the slices until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk the mustard and sugar into the reserved dressing, then pour over the greens in a large bowl and toss to coat. Divide the greens among 6 plates, add the beets on top and place 2 fried goat cheese slices on top.
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEET SALAD
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan. Roast them for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size, until a small sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender. Unwrap each beet and set aside for 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Peel the beets with a small, sharp knife over a piece of parchment paper to prevent staining your cutting board.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and set aside. While the beets are still warm, cut each one in half and then each half into 4 to 6 wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl. As you're cutting the beets, toss them with half of the vinaigrette (warm beets absorb more vinaigrette), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Taste for seasonings.
- Place the arugula in a separate bowl and toss it with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Put the arugula on a serving platter and then arrange the beets, almonds, and goat cheese on top. Drizzle with additional vinaigrette, if desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve warm or at room temperature.
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
This delicious roasted beet salad is just the right combination of flavors and textures, and more than once someone has told me that it is the best salad they have ever had!
Provided by hannahclevenger
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Drizzle beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap beets in aluminum foil and place in a large baking dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven until beets are easily pierced with a knife, 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on size.
- Remove beets from the oven and let cool slightly. Unwrap, reserving any juice that is in the aluminum foil. Peel beets under warm water, cut into cubes, and place in a bowl.
- Place egg, flour, and bread crumbs into 3 separate dishes. Season all 3 with salt and pepper.
- Toss each goat cheese medallion in egg to coat, move to flour and coat then toss in bread crumbs, coating both sides evenly. Transfer medallions to a plate and place in the refrigerator to firm up, about 5 minutes.
- Heat canola oil over medium heat in a frying pan until it sizzles. Place goat cheese medallions in hot oil and fry until golden, about 1 minute per side. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place a bed of mixed greens on a serving platter and top with beets and goat cheese medallions. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Drizzle with balsamic dressing and reserved beet juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 853.2 calories, Carbohydrate 35.6 g, Cholesterol 104.3 mg, Fat 73.6 g, Fiber 5.5 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 496.9 mg, Sugar 9.5 g
BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
This is a delicious and easy salad which takes little time and is a great meatless main course. It uses beets, goat cheese, candied walnuts and baby greens. For a main dish salad, add chicken. Feel free to include more of your favorite vegetables too.
Provided by Donna
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes.
- While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.
- Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with dabs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.5 calories, Carbohydrate 25 g, Cholesterol 7.5 mg, Fat 26.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 107.5 mg, Sugar 20.7 g
EASY BEET, PEAR, AND GOAT-CHEESE SALAD
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, vinegar, oil, and mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange beets and pears on four serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Scatter cheese and nuts over, and season with more pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
ROASTED BEET, GOAT CHEESE AND FENNEL SALAD
Serve this lemony goat cheese salad as a side dish or as a meal with crunchy walnuts and tender butterhead lettuce. Each tangy-fresh salad offers fewer than 200 calories. Wrapping aluminum foil around each beet for roasting creates a small steam chamber to cook each vegetable. In addition to locking in nutrients and flavor, the aluminum foil-wrapped beets cook without getting dry.
Provided by Reynolds Kitchens(R)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare Lemon Vinaigrette; cover and set aside.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, shallot, mustard, lemon zest, and honey. In a steady stream, slowly whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil. Makes 2/3 cup.
- Scrub beets. Wrap each beet in Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 1-1/2 hours or until a knife can be easily inserted into beets. Cool 20 minutes or until able to handle. Remove and discard foil. Trim off stem and root ends of roasted beets. Peel and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine beets, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- In another medium bowl combine fennel, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- Line 8 salad plates with lettuce. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Layer with beets, walnuts, fennel, goat cheese, and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 11.2 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 323.9 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
More about "roasted beet peach and goat cheese salad recipes"
ROASTED BEET, PEACH, AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - FOOD …
Servings 2Total Time 2 hrs 40 minsCategory Salads & Dressings
ROASTED BEETS WITH GOAT CHEESE (SALAD & APPETIZER) - JULIA RECIPES
ROASTED BEET, SPINACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - RECIPE RUNNER
ROASTED BEET SALAD RECIPE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
ROASTED BEETS WITH GOAT CHEESE – A COUPLE COOKS
ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE
ROASTED BEET AND CRISPY GOAT CHEESE SALAD - COOKS WELL WITH …
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE | GOOP
BEST ROASTED BEET GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPE - DELISH
ROASTED BEET AND PEACH SALAD - THE ROASTED ROOT
ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD | RECIPE | GOAT CHEESE …
BEST ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - THE TASTE EDIT
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - KRAZY KITCHEN MOM
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - SAY GRACE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT'S CHEESE RECIPE - SAVORY NOTHINGS
ROASTED BEET SALAD RECIPE WITH GOAT CHEESE - GIRL HEART FOOD®
GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS - GIRL GONE GOURMET
BALSAMIC ROASTED BEET, PEACH, AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD
ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD | THEFENCEPOST.COM
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - ENTERTAINING WITH BETH
ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD | RECIPE | ROASTED …
ROASTED BEET ARUGULA AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE & PISTACHIOS - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED BEETS IN OVEN WITH GOAT CHEESE (EASY SIDE SALAD ... - SIP …
ROASTED BEET SPINACH SALAD WITH PEAR & GOAT CHEESE
ROASTED BEET & GRAPEFRUIT SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - JOYFUEL EATS
14 ROASTED BEET RECIPES THAT EVERYONE WILL LOVE | ALLRECIPES
BEET AND PEACH SALAD WITH BASIL AND GOAT CHEESE - JUST BEET IT
ROASTED BEET, PEACH AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD | RECIPE IN 2021
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - THIS HEALTHY TABLE
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD WITH HOMEMADE BALSAMIC …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
PEACH AND BEET SALAD - ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE | LIFE MADE SIMPLE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
SUMPTUOUS ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD. - SIMPLE JOYFUL …
SPINACH AND ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE - EVOLVING TABLE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is in a beet and peach salad?Beet and Peach Salad with Basil and Goat Cheese Recipe. INGREDIENTS (2-3 servings) 2 medium beets*, peeled and cooked. 1 1/2 fresh peaches, sliced or chopped. 4 oz goat cheese or chevre. 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or sunflower seeds. 1/4 cup olive oil. 2 tbsp lemon juice.
How do you cook beets with goat cheese?While the beets are cooking, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat the goat cheese slices first in the flour, then in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Fry the slices until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
How to make Beet salad?Directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the beets on a baking sheet. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, rosemary and some salt and pepper. Reserve one-quarter of the dressing for the salad and pour the rest over the beets.
Can you eat Beet salad with pistachios and goat cheese?Both restaurants offer beet salads with pistachios and goat cheese, yet they each have their own unique spin on the combination. I always order the beet salad and French fries, naturally! This recipe incorporates my go-to method for roasting beets, which yields amazing flavor.