OVEN ROASTED CABBAGE
A nice roasted cabbage that becomes a warm salad when using the balsamic vinegar option. **Two cutting options provided both tend to want to separate just because it is cabbage.
Provided by Debbwl
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine salt, pepper, and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
- **Cutting option 1- Quarter cabbage through core and cut each quarter in to 1-inch wedges, leaving core intact. You'll have about 16 wedges.
- **Cutting option 2- Slice into 1-inch-thick rounds, leaving core in to help hold it together.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange cabbage in single layer on baking sheet and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle hot cabbage with balsamic vinegar if using.
EASY ROASTED CABBAGE
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Brush each cabbage piece on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, 40 to 55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 168.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 61.5 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
ROASTED CABBAGE WEDGES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Place 1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds, in a single layer on sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon caraway or fennel seeds. Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g
CRISP ROASTED CABBAGE
- Cut the duck skin and fat into small pieces and put in a saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the fat is melted and the skin is brown and crisp, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Scoop out the duck-skin cracklings, drain on paper towels and season with salt. Reserve the duck fat.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Heat 3 tablespoons duck fat (or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the cabbage in batches, about 1 minute per side; transfer to a baking dish. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons duck fat (or olive oil), season with salt and toss. Roast until crisp on top, about 15 minutes, then turn the wedges and roast until the other side is crisp, about 8 more minutes. Sprinkle with the duck-skin cracklings and roast 2 more minutes. Drizzle with the vinegar.
Delicious, roasted cabbage! I apologize for not having a measurement for you! I do not typically measure. If anybody tries this and would like to give tips on measurements, please feel free!
Provided by samnan2
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Brush both sides of each cabbage wedge with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper over each wedge. Arrange wedges on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; flip cabbage and continue roasting until browned and charred in some areas, about 15 minutes more. Squeeze lemon over each wedge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.3 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 65.4 mg, Sugar 4.8 g
ROASTED CABBAGE & ONIONS
I roast veggies to bring out their sweetness, and it works wonders with onions and cabbage. The piquant vinegar-mustard sauce makes this dish similar to a slaw. -Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place cabbage and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan, spreading evenly. Roast until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway., Transfer cabbage mixture to a large bowl. Add chives and tarragon; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Fat 14g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 636mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
ROASTED CABBAGE WITH PARMESAN, WALNUTS AND ANCHOVIES
Roasting cabbage wedges at high heat makes them crisp at the edges and tender in the middle. Here, the lacy crevices between the leaves are stuffed with a piquant mix of anchovies, walnuts and Parmesan, giving the sections crunch and a deep savory flavor. Serve them as a light, meatless main course, paired with noodles, rice or crusty bread, or as a hearty side dish to roast chicken or fish.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories vegetables, main course, side dish
Yield 3 to 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut the cabbage in quarters lengthwise through the core, then cut out the cores and stem. Slice the quarters lengthwise into 1 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- Place wedges on a rimmed sheet pan, flat sides down. It's OK if the pan seems a bit crowded; the wedges will shrink as they roast, but try not to overlap them if possible. Lightly drizzle them with oil and season with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, anchovies, garlic, thyme and black pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup oil to make a loose paste. Massage paste into each cabbage wedge, stuffing the mixture in between the leaves.
- Lightly drizzle cabbage with a little more oil. Roast until cabbage is lightly browned in spots, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle walnuts all over the top of the cabbage. Roast for another 5 minutes or so, until cabbage is tender and caramelized and the walnuts are golden and toasted.
- Sprinkle cabbage with dill and more Parmesan and black pepper, if you'd like. Serve immediately.
ROAST SAVOY CABBAGE WITH LEMON
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Whisk the olive oil, the zest and juice of the lemon and some seasoning together. Tip the cabbag onto an oiled baking tray. Spoon over the dressing and roast for 45 mins, turning halfway though until the cabbage is golden and lightly charred and the stems are tender when pierced with a knife. Transfer to a platter, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 104 calories, Fat 8 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein, Sodium 0.08 milligram of sodium
ROASTED CABBAGE CAESAR SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS
This is not your usual Caesar salad. It forgoes the lettuce for wedges of roasted cabbage and replaces the croutons with roasted chickpeas. The Caesar dressing is a cheater's version, using store-bought mayonnaise instead of fresh egg yolks; roasted garlic adds creamy richness, while briny capers and lemon evoke traditional Caesar flavors. A hot oven and a heated sheet pan are your friends here - start heating as soon as you think about cooking this dish - ensuring that everything cooks quickly and evenly. The cabbage caramelizes on the outside while the interior retains crisp-tenderness, and the chickpeas become warm and creamy with just a bit of crunch. (If you want them crispier, roast for 10 to 15 minutes more.) To make this dish vegan, use plant-based mayonnaise and omit the Parmesan.
Provided by Hetty McKinnon
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees, with one rack in the middle and one at the top. Place a sheet pan on the middle rack to heat.
- In a shallow tray that will fit the chickpeas snugly in a single layer, add the chickpeas and ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil. (A 9-by-13-inch pan works well here.) Grate the peeled clove of garlic into the chickpeas. Using a vegetable peeler, peel 2 to 3 thick strips of rind from the lemon into the chickpeas. Season with ¾ teaspoon kosher salt and a good grind of black pepper, and stir. Place the chickpeas on the top rack of the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Place the cabbage wedges on a plate and drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil, turning them to coat. Season with salt and black pepper. Take the hot sheet pan out of the oven and add the cabbage wedges, cut side down. Add the 5 unpeeled garlic cloves to the tray. Place on the middle rack and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the mayonnaise and capers into a small bowl. Cut the lemon, and squeeze the juice of one half into the bowl, and add 1 tablespoon of water. Whisk to combine. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- After 15 minutes, remove the tray of cabbage from the oven, flip the cabbage wedges, then return to the oven. Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes, until the cabbage is golden and tender. The chickpeas should be crispy in parts and ready, too.
- Remove the tray of cabbage from the oven. (Remove the chickpeas from the oven or leave them there for a few more minutes to continue crisping while you finish the dressing.) Carefully remove the skin from the garlic, then smash them with the flat side of a knife until you have a paste. Add the garlic paste to the mayonnaise and capers, and stir. Taste and season with salt and black pepper, if needed.
- To serve, place two cabbage wedges on a plate. Top with chickpeas and some of the chickpea roasting oil. Top with Caesar dressing, Parmesan and herbs. Squeeze the other lemon half over the top and serve.
More about "roasted cabbage recipes"
ROASTED CABBAGE WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL - HEALTHY …
5/5 (383)Calories 109 per servingCategory Side Dish
ROASTED CABBAGE SLICES WITH PARMESAN - WHO NEEDS A CAPE?
OUR 35 BEST CABBAGE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS - COOKING CLASSY
SIMPLE ROASTED CABBAGE - CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET
WHOLE ROASTED CABBAGE - EAT SOMETHING VEGAN
ROAST CABBAGE – BD NEWS REPORTER
ROASTED CABBAGE - THE SEASONED MOM
CRISPY ROASTED CABBAGE - SLENDER KITCHEN
OVEN ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE | TANGY CABBAGE STEAKS
17 BEST CABBAGE RECIPES | WHAT TO MAKE WITH CABBAGE
CRISPY AIR FRYER ROASTED CABBAGE - DAILY YUM
ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CABBAGE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CRISP OVEN ROASTED CABBAGE WEDGES - FEELGOODFOODIE
AMAZING ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
PERFECT ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
GARLIC BUTTER ROASTED CABBAGE - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
"SEXY" CRISPY ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE (EASY TIPS) | THE …
ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS WITH GARLIC BREADCRUMBS RECIPE
EASY ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE | ROAST CABBAGE WEDGES - NOURISHED …
EASY OVEN ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE - SAVORY SPIN
EASY GARLIC ROASTED CABBAGE (ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!)
ROASTED CABBAGE SLICES RECIPE | WELLNESS MAMA
ROASTED CABBAGE | ANDREW ZIMMERN | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
ROASTED CABBAGE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS WITH MILD PAPRIKA / WEDGES, EASY VEGAN …
ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE [VIDEO] - SWEET AND SAVORY MEALS
PADMA LAKSHMI MADE THE EASIEST ROASTED CABBAGE—AND WE'LL BE …
EASY ROASTED CABBAGE - SOUTHERN BITE
ROASTED RED CABBAGE - THE WHOLE COOK
OVEN ROASTED CABBAGE | BON AIPPETIT
SAUSAGE CABBAGE AND POTATOES IN OVEN - THERESCIPES.INFO
ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS RECIPE | DELICIOUS TABLE
ROASTED CABBAGE STEAKS - EAT SOMETHING VEGAN
GARLIC ROASTED CABBAGE | COOKTORIA
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST WAY TO COOK CABBAGE | MYRECIPES
BALSAMIC ROASTED CABBAGE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
You'll also love