WHITE PIZZA WITH ROASTED GARLIC AND GREEN OLIVES
If you are allergic to tomatoes, like me, or just want to try a different pizza, this is a simple and easy recipe that is guaranteed to delight. You can add any additional toppings that you like.
Provided by JAYEAST
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice the top off of the head of garlic, and sprinkle with a little salt. Place on a square of aluminum foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the foil loosely around the garlic. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until cloves are tender.
- Drizzle olive oil from the garlic foil pack over the pizza crust, and brush to spread evenly. Sprinkle the green olives over the crust. Top with shredded cheese. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the paper skins, and distribute on top of the pizza.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges are nicely browned. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 697.3 calories, Carbohydrate 57.2 g, Cholesterol 51.5 mg, Fat 41.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 27.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 1879 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
ROASTED GARLIC WHITE PIZZA WITH GARLIC SAUCE
- Gently heat milk in a small saucepan, just until barely simmering. Remove and keep covered.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter. When foam subsides, add flour and stir until smooth. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring. Do not allow flour to color. Gradually add the warm milk, whisking to combine. Add the salt and cayenne and increase the heat to medium. Cook the mixture, whisking continuously, until the sauce comes to a boil and is thickened. Remove from heat and add 10 of the roasted garlic cloves. Pour the hot mixture into a blender, cover tightly, and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and cool slightly, placing a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the yellow cornmeal on a baker's peel or baking sheet. Place the rolled out pizza dough circle on the prepared baker's peel or baking sheet.
- Spread the cooled sauce over pizza dough, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Place sliced mozzarella on top of the sauce. Sprinkle the remaining roasted garlic cloves (whole) over the cheese and top with the grated fontina. Bake the pizza for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly and golden brown in spots. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped herbs over the top. Serve immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet and rub 1 teaspoon of oil into the top of each head. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and place, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until the cloves are soft and golden, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Carefully remove each clove of garlic from the head. Squeeze each head of garlic to expel any cloves that you cannot remove individually. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil, stirring to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing by hand until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, working the dough after each addition, until the dough is smooth but still slightly sticky. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth but still slightly tacky, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl with remaining olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place, free from drafts until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15-inch circle.
PIZZA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND MOZZARELLA
If you can't get your kids to eat peppers in a salad, you might try this pizza. Even without tomato sauce, this is still a red pizza.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories dinner, pizza and calzones, main course
Yield Makes one 12- to 14-inch pizza
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees with a baking stone in it.
- Peel the roasted red peppers, remove the seeds and membranes (holding the peppers over a bowl to catch the juices), and slice in thin strips. Toss in the bowl with the juices, salt and pepper to taste, the garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Roll out the dough, and line a 12- or 14-inch pizza pan. Brush all but the rim of the dough with the remaining olive oil. Arrange the green pepper rings over the dough. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and top with slices of mozzarella, placing the cheese inside and between the pepper rings. Distribute the roasted peppers over the surface of the pizza, and drizzle on the juice remaining in the bowl. Return to the oven for five to 10 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven, scatter the shaved Parmesan and the basil over the top, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1147, UnsaturatedFat 36 grams, Carbohydrate 91 grams, Fat 65 grams, Fiber 14 grams, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 24 grams, Sodium 1830 milligrams, Sugar 20 grams
ROASTED GARLIC AND PEPPER PIZZA
"Years ago, I found the recipe for this appealing appetizer, lightened it and added some of our favorite ingredients," writes Bonnie Matherly of Buckingham, Illinois. "It can be prepared ahead of time and put in the oven as your guests arrive. We occasionally use it as an easy Sunday evening meal, too."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic onto a work surface; cut into thin slices. , Cut peppers in half; remove and discard seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skins; cut peppers into thin strips., In a small bowl, combine the olives, vinegar, oregano, basil, white pepper and remaining oil. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; top with olive mixture, roasted garlic and peppers, onion and cheeses. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 138 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 10mg cholesterol, Sodium 321mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED GARLIC, CARAMELIZED ONIONS, MUSHROOMS, AND BRIE PIZZA
This pizza is a good balance of sweet from the onions, cheese, and garlic, and the spice of the crushed red pepper flakes. Note: You can make the roasted garlic and onions ahead of time and store in the refrigerator if you are pressed for time.
Provided by Ewalla
Yield 1 pizza
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To roast garlic:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the bottom of the garlic and drizzle with 1 tsp EVOO.
- Wrap in foil and roast about 45-50 minutes are until golden.
- Meanwhile To caramelize onions:.
- Preheat a large pot (preferably cast iron) on medium high heat.
- Melt butter and 2 Tb EVOO.
- Add sliced onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions become tender. Then add the sugar. Continue cooking until the onions become golden brown (about 30 or more minutes). Make sure you stir the onions often.
- Meanwhile saute the sliced mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle crust with a little EVOO.
- Mash roasted garlic into a paste and spread on crust.
- Scatter carmelized onions and mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes (be careful not to add too much).
- Top with sliced Brie and bake about 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 852.2, Fat 67.1, SaturatedFat 26.5, Cholesterol 91.6, Sodium 914.2, Carbohydrate 60.3, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 24, Protein 11
ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield one 13-by-18-inch pizza
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Place a pizza stone or inverted rimmed baking sheet on the lower oven rack and preheat to 500 degrees F. Make the tomato sauce: Crush the tomatoes in a large bowl with your hands. Stir in the olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Make the pepper spread: Roast the chile pepper and bell pepper over the flame of a gas burner (or under the broiler), turning, until charred, 4 minutes for the chile and 6 to 8 minutes for the bell pepper. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Peel off the charred skins with your fingers (you may want to use gloves for the chile pepper to avoid irritation). Halve the peppers and remove the seeds. Combine the garlic, anchovies, red pepper flakes and oregano in a food processor. Add the roasted peppers and pulse until almost smooth. Pour in the olive oil and pulse a few times. Season with salt.
- Assemble the pizza: Keep the prebaked crust on the baking sheet. Spread with 3/4 cup to 1 cup tomato sauce (you will have extra sauce). Top with the mozzarella, then spoon 1/2 cup pepper spread on top. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan. Transfer the baking sheet to the hot pizza stone and bake until the cheese melts and the crust is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining parmesan and the herbs. Season with salt.
- Combine the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in 2 cups warm water (about 105 degrees F) and 2 tablespoons olive oil with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until the dough rises slightly, about 1 hour.
- Using lightly floured hands, transfer the dough to a generously floured surface and knead several times until it just starts becoming smooth and elastic, about 1 minute (do not over-knead). Transfer to a lightly oiled large bowl. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, place a pizza stone or inverted rimmed baking sheet on the lower oven rack and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Brush two rimmed 13-by-18-inch baking sheets (not nonstick) with 3 tablespoons olive oil each. Place one piece of dough on each baking sheet. Prepare the pizzas one at a time: Cover the dough with plastic wrap, then press firmly with your hands to fill the baking
- Remove the plastic wrap and transfer the baking sheet to the hot pizza stone. Bake until the crust starts browning, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully loosen the crust from the pan using a spatula. Top and bake (see recipe indexfor ideas), or let cool, lightly wrap in plastic and set aside up to 8 hours.
PIZZA WITH ROASTED GARLIC, BELL PEPPERS AND TWO CHEESES
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice top off garlic head; place in small baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush baking sheet with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Place onion slices on sheet and brush onion with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Bake garlic and onion until garlic cloves are light brown and soft and onion is tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Using fingers, squeeze out roasted garlic cloves into food processor; add sun-dried tomatoes. Using on/off turns, process until almost smooth, adding enough reserved oil form sun-dried tomatoes to form paste. (Onions and garlic mixture can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place crust on baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread garlic paste evenly over crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, onion, pepper strips and feta cheese. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese bubbles, about 8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and 1 tablespoon parsley. Cut into wedges and serve.
More about "roasted garlic and pepper pizza recipes"
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND ARUGULA MATZO PIZZA - JAMIE GELLER
Servings 4Total Time 22 minsCategory Appetizers, Snacks, Main, Lunch
- In a food processor, blend Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese, roasted red peppers and roasted garlic until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- In a medium sauté pan heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms to the pan with a pinch of salt, oregano and red chili pepper flakes and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
GRILLED CHICKEN & ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA WITH FETA AND ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
GRILLED PIZZA WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER, GARLIC & FRESH ...
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ROASTED GARLIC WHITE PIZZA SAUCE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Cuisine ItalianCategory SauceServings 2Total Time 1 hr
ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA SAUCE | TASTY KITCHEN BLOG
ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA - A SEASONED GREETING
Reviews 2Servings 12Cuisine PizzaCategory 30 Minute Meals
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Open the pizza dough and roll on a floured surface until you have a 12″ circle. (See above in post for a more detail explanation of the best way to roll out the pizza). Bake for 8 minutes then remove from oven.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the roasted red peppers, garlic clove, salt and 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- After the pizza dough has pre-baked, cover it with the Mozzarella cheese, leaving a small border for the crust. If you feel it needs more cheese depending on how large your pizza dough is, by all means add more cheese! After the crust is covered with the Mozzarella, spoon over top in small dollops the ricotta cheese, then sprinkle over top the Parmesan cheese, then drizzle the roasted red pepper sauce. With a basting brush (or you can use a paper towel as a brush) coat the crust with some extra virgin olive oil and very lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and a little salt. Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes until the crust is crispy and the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
ROASTED PEPPERS IN OIL WITH GARLIC + HOW TO ROAST PEPPERS
Ratings 16Category Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 35 mins
- About halfway into the garlic roasting time, start roasting the peppers. Using a gas burner, heated grill or under a broiler, allow the bell peppers to char (blacken) on all sides. As one side blackens use tongs to rotate the pepper to char all sides fully.
PIZZA RECIPE : ROASTED GARLIC AND PEPPERS PIZZA
Category ToppingsPreparation 105 MinutesCooking Time 8-12 MinutesServings 12'' Pizza (2-4)
ROASTED GARLIC & PEPPERS | CLUB HOUSE CA
Brand Club House
ROASTED GARLIC CHICKEN PIZZA WITH ROASTED PEPPERS AND ...
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB POTATO PIZZA | PIZZA RECIPES ...
Cuisine ItalianTotal Time 40 minsCategory BakedCalories 420 per serving
ONE POT PEPPERONI PIZZA ORZO RECIPE ON FOOD52
Cuisine AmericanCategory DinnerServings 4
ROASTED PEPPER PIZZA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
THIS 20-MINUTE LOW-CARB ZUCCHINI PIZZA RECIPE JUST MADE ...
ROASTED GARLIC AND PEPPER PIZZA RECIPES
HOLIDAY ROASTED RED PEPPER AND FETA DIP WITH LEMON JUICE ...
ROASTED GARLIC AND PEPPER PIZZA - CRECIPE.COM
PIZZA WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ROASTED GARLIC AND ONION PIZZA RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
ROASTED GARLIC AND PEPPER PIZZA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
ROASTED RED PEPPERS ON PIZZA - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook roasted red peppers on pizza?Peel the roasted red peppers, remove the seeds and membranes (holding the peppers over a bowl to catch the juices), and slice in thin strips. Toss in the bowl with the juices, salt and pepper to taste, the garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roll out the dough, and line a 12- or 14-inch pizza pan.
How do you cook garlic on a pizza?Directions. Wrap the foil loosely around the garlic. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until cloves are tender. Drizzle olive oil from the garlic foil pack over the pizza crust, and brush to spread evenly. Sprinkle the green olives over the crust. Top with shredded cheese. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of the paper skins,...
How to make roasted peppers in oil with garlic?How to Make Roasted Peppers in Oil with Garlic. For detailed instructions refer to the printable recipe card at the end of the blog post. Slice the top 1/4-inch off a head of garlic. Place in foil and drizzle with olive oil. Put in a preheated over or grill. Allow to roast for 40 minutes or until soft.
How much olive oil do you put on a pizza?Ingredients 1 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 2 large red peppers, roasted 3 1 to 2 garlic cloves, to taste, minced 4 Salt 5 freshly ground pepper 6 ½ recipe whole wheat pizza dough ( see recipe ) 7 1 large green pepper, sliced in rings 8 4 ounces mozzarella, sliced thin 9 1 ounce slivered Parmesan 10 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil More ...