ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
Categories Chicken Marinate Roast Dinner Lemongrass Bon Appétit Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk 1/4 cup oil, 3 tablespoons fish sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, and next 6 ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet (reserve marinade in bowl). Cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken, add reserved marinade to skillet, and transfer to oven. Roast until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, about 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add 1/2 cup water, lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons fish sauce, and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar to skillet. Bring to boil. Remove from heat, spoon fat from surface, and strain pan juices into small pitcher. Serve chicken with pan juices.
- *Available in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets and at Asian markets.
- **Available in the produce section of many supermarkets and at Asian markets.
LEMONGRASS WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN
What a great roast chicken! It also has a dipping sauce with it, delicious alone or with sauce. From Pleasures Of the Vietnamese Table by Mai Pham> time does not include 4 hours marinating
Provided by MarraMamba
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Remove 2 Tbsp of lemongrass and set aside in a small bowl. Combine the remaining lemongrass, shallot, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, chili flakes and salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat, tucking some marinade underneath the skin. Pour any excess marinade into the bird cavity. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap, then marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Put the chicken, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Turn the bird over and roast until the chicken is cooked and nicely browned, about 20 to 30 minutes more. About 10 minutes before the chicken is done, combine the remaining 2 Tbsp lemongrass with the cilantro and oil. Brush the mixture on the bird, then continue to roast until it is done and the juices run clear. Let the chicken rest 10 minutes before carving. Serve with Soy-Lime Dipping Sauce and fried or steamed rice. (The pan juices are delicious on the rice).
- Place the garlic, chilies and sugar in a mortar and pound into a paste. (You can also chop the garlic and chilies by hand.) Transfer to a small bowl and add the soy sauce, lime juice and water. Stir until well blended. This sauce will keep up to 3 weeks if stored in the refrigerator in a tight-lidded jar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 918.4, Fat 63.3, SaturatedFat 16.5, Cholesterol 243.8, Sodium 3349.8, Carbohydrate 23.4, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 16.6, Protein 62.2
CHICKEN ROASTED WITH LEMONGRASS AND GARLIC
Categories Chicken Garlic Marinate Roast Sauté Dinner Hot Pepper Lemongrass Bon Appétit Dairy Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free
Yield Makes 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Puree the first 7 ingredients, 3 tablespoons oil, and 2 tablespoons sugar in blender. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add lemongrass marinade and seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt. Add chicken, skin side down, to skillet. Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Turn skin side up; transfer skillet to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, bell pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and cook until beans are tender and liquid reduces enough to coat beans, about 5 minutes. Divide between 2 plates. Top with chicken.
- *Available at Asian markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.
THAI LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN
This is really flavorful and juicy roast chicken. Even my husband, who is growing tired of chicken, picks the bird clean when I make this one. From Fine Cooking, #22. Marinating time included in the prep time.
Provided by jenpalombi
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a nonreactive dish large enough to hold the chicken, combine all but 2 Tbs. of the lemongrass with all of the shallots, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and sugar. Add the chicken and turn it to coat, tucking some of the marinade underneath its skin. Pour any excess marinade into the bird's cavity. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking it.
- Heat the oven to 350°F Put the chicken, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan. Cook for 40 minute Turn the bird over and roast until the chicken is cooked and nicely browned, 20 to 30 minute The sugar in the marinade may cause the pan juices to burn, but this won't affect the chicken's flavor.
- About 10 minute before the chicken is done, combine the remaining 2 Tbs. lemongrass with the cilantro and vegetable oil. Using a spoon, rub the mixture on the bird, spreading it evenly; continue roasting. The chicken is done when its juices run clear. Let the chicken sit for 10 minute out of the oven before carving.
VIETNAMESE GRILLED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
Chicken marinated with lemongrass and grilled. Garnish with rice paper, lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts, mint, and ground peanut.
Provided by LUCHAPROV
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian Vietnamese
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix canola oil, lemongrass, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and fish sauce together in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved; add chicken and turn to coat in the marinade.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove chicken thighs from the marinade and shake to remove excess marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308.2 calories, Carbohydrate 3.9 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Fat 19 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 29 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 338.9 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories dinner, roasts, main course
Yield Four servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- If you are using fresh lemon grass, discard the outer leaves and upper half of the stalk. Cut into thin slices and chop fine. If you are using dried lemon grass, soak in warm water for 1 hour, then drain and chop fine. Place the lemon grass, garlic, shallots, chilies, sugar, salt, fish sauce and 2 tablespoons water in a blender and blend to a paste.
- Rinse the chicken well and pat dry. Carefully loosen the skin on the breast and legs, pushing your fingers between the skin and meat to form a pocket. Rub half of the lemon grass paste over the meat under the skin. Rub the remaining paste over the skin and inside the cavity. Tuck the wings underneath; tie the legs with twine. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue roasting for 1 1/4 hours, basting the chicken with the vegetable oil and the pan juices. The chicken is done when it registers 180 to 185 degrees on an instant-reading meat thermometer. Let the chicken stand for 10 minutes. Serve with white rice and nuoc cham dipping sauce (see recipe).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 855, UnsaturatedFat 39 grams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 58 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 59 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 1001 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
It took combining a couple different recipes to get just the perfect one for us! This is a family favorite in our house. Enjoy. Serve over white rice.
Provided by Mrs. Ching
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Mix chicken, fish sauce, and honey together in a bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. Add red bell peppers, lemongrass, ginger, and garlic; cook until red bell pepper strips tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken mixture; saute until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
- Stir green onions, chicken broth, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper into the wok. Simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.5 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 96.1 mg, Fat 23.9 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 28.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1018.3 mg, Sugar 12.2 g
More about "roasted lemongrass chicken recipes"
EASY LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN - KAWALING PINOY
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Main EntreeCalories 475 per serving
- Rinse the chicken well and remove any gizzards or innards in the cavity, if any. Drain well and pat dry.
- Peel the outer layer of the lemongrass stalks until you reach the pale central core. Cut into 3 to 4-inch lengths and with the back of the knife, lightly pound each piece.
- In a food processor or blender, process lemongrass, garlic, and ginger for about 1 to 2 minutes or until resembling a coarse paste. Massage mixture on chicken, including the cavity.
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - JAMIE GELLER
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main, Dinner
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (1)Servings 4
GARLIC AND LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - KING RECIPES
BEST GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LEMONGRASS …
KAREN MARTINI'S ROASTED LEMONGRASS AND TURMERIC CHICKEN RECIPE
THAI LEMONGRASS CHICKEN WITH SWEET LIME SAUCE RECIPE
THAI LEMONGRASS CHICKEN + VIDEO - SILK ROAD RECIPES
SPATCHCOCKED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - THE GOURMET GOURMAND
LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN - ALL RECIPES
MAMA'S FAVORITE: THAI LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN THIGHS - THE WOKS OF LIFE
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN THIGHS | QUICK EASY DINNER OR MEAL PREP
STICKY-SWEET LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | GOOP
SPICY LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE | DAILY COOKING QUEST
CHICKEN ROASTED WITH LEMONGRASS AND GARLIC RECIPE | BON …
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN EASY THAI RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN - WHISPER OF YUM
LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN - WHOLESOME COOK
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - GIMME SOME OVEN
VIETNAMESE AT HOME: OVEN-ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
ROAST LEMONGRASS CHICKEN RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
VIETNAMESE LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN - DELIGHTFUL PLATE
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN - MADEWITHSABRINA.COM
LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN - STONED SOUP
LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN - THE EPICENTRE
COCONUT AND LEMONGRASS ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE
HONEY LEMONGRASS BAKED CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
ROAST LEMONGRASS CHICKEN WITH TURMERIC COCONUT RICE
LEMONGRASS ROASTED CHICKEN - COOKWITHRACHZ
SIMPLE ROAST CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND LEMON - JUST A TASTE
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN THIGHS - FETTY'S FOOD BLOG
ROASTED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN THIGHS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
ROASTED LEMONGRASS-GINGER CHICKEN RECIPE - JAMES BEARD …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love