ROLL KUCHEN (FROM THE MENNONITE TREASURY OF RECIPES)
Oh, the memories of this recipe! This is a favourite Mennonite Tradition for a summer meal. This is my mom's favourite recipe for Roll Kuchen. I remember fondly the time my parent's spent making this and how they doubled and tripled the recipe for family gatherings. To non-Mennonites the idea of having these with watermelon strikes them as very strange--Watermelon and doughnuts??!!?? But for me and my family it is a food that we enjoy and look forward to having! Cook time is per batch of 4-6 roll kuchen.
Provided by Pamela
Yield 1 batch
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Beat eggs well.
- Put into a 1 cup measuring cup and fill with milk. (This may end up being more or less than the 3/4 cup listed in the ingredients.)
- Add to remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Roll out very thin and cut into strips.
- Cut again so that pieces are approximately 1 inch long by 3 inches wide.
- Cut a slit in the middle and pull one end through to knot it.
- Fry four to six at a time, in deep hot fat until golden brown.
- Serve with Watermelon!
- A Mennonite summer tradition!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2242.3, Fat 89.4, SaturatedFat 51.6, Cholesterol 631.8, Sodium 5742, Carbohydrate 296.6, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 1.8, Protein 58
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS)
- Place eggs in a large mixing bowl, and beat until frothy. Gradually beat in the flour and salt to make a soft dough. Roll out the dough to be fairly thin, about 1/8 inch, and cut into 2 inch by 5 inch strips. Cut a slit down the center of each strip, and twist so one end slides through the slit and makes a loop.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet (or use a deep-fat fryer) over medium-high heat, 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook dough in small batches in preheated oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80.4 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Cholesterol 34.9 mg, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 158.7 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
"MENNONITE" CORN FRITTERS
Ok - my heritage has been revealed. :) These are simply wonderful. A favorite among our community, they're sure to bring a smile to your face. Enjoy!
Provided by WJKing
Yield 16-18 fritters
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine eggs, flour, baking powder, salt& pepper with the corn.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add cream to mixture.
- Melt fat in frying pan& drop corn mixture by spoonfuls into the hot fat.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve w/ syrup.
- (pancake/waffle syrup).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.1, Fat 4.6, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 28.8, Sodium 180.5, Carbohydrate 5.3, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 0.7, Protein 1.6
More about "rollkuchen mennonite fritters recipes"
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) [ARCHIVE] - RECIPE SECRETS FORUM ...
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) - QUICK BREAD RECIPES
ST. NORBERT FARMERS' MARKET :: FARMERS’ FESTIVAL 2016
MENNONITE TOMATO FRITTERS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
MENNONITE WOMEN CANADA: DEEP FRIED DELIGHTS - BLOGGER
ROLLKUCHEN | MENNONITE RECIPES, MENNONITE GIRL, AMISH RECIPES
FRINKFOOD - ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS)
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) | RECIPESTY
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) POPULAR RECIPES
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) | RECIPE | RECIPES
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) GOOD RECIPES
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) - PLAIN.RECIPES
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS)
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) | RECIPE | MENNONITE RECIPES, …
THE BEST RECIPES: ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS)
ROLL KUCHEN AND WATERMELON - A MENNONITE SUMMER TRADITION
ROLLKUCHEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, FREEZER JAM, …
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) (KITCHENPC)
SHARING BAKED GOODS BY THE DOZEN | CANADIAN MENNONITE MAGAZINE
ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) - REVIEW BY TENA11 - ALLRECIPES.COM
RUEHREI (MENNONITE SCRAMBLED EGGS) | MENNONEECHIE KITCHEN
AMISH ROLLKUCHEN (MENNONITE FRITTERS) | ALY | COPY ME THAT
TYPES OF FOOD | NEW HAMBURG MENNONITE RELIEF SALE
ROLLKUCHEN | MENNONITE RECIPES, AMISH RECIPES, RECIPES
You'll also love