CREAMY STILTON SOUP
Here is a rich and satisfying cheese soup. Stilton cheese is the great English blue-veined cheese that ages to ivory-pale gold perfection.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and bay leaf in butter about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion and carrot are tender.
- Stir in flour and white pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in broth and half-and half. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, just until cheese is melted. Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle parsley over soup.
ROYAL STILTON CHEESE SOUP
I was cleaning out the old recipe drawer this weekend and came across this gem dated 1978... It is an adaptation of an original from a friend of mine who was "Executive Chef " for a major hotel chain... This is a strong soup that should be served with hearty country style bread and lots of ale. A generous splash of dry sherry while in the finishing stages adds a special touch.
Provided by Chef Shadows
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Add onions, potatoes, red pepper flakes and garlic, cook, stirring until onions are clear .
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Place soup in a food processor or blender with half the bacon and process until smooth .
- Pour cream into a saucepan, stir in the mustard and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the crumbled cheese, stirring until melted.
- Season to taste with the tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and Stilton cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564.2, Fat 43.1, SaturatedFat 26, Cholesterol 143.7, Sodium 858, Carbohydrate 28.8, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 6.2, Protein 17
BLUE STILTON SOUP
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan, add the vegetables, and fry gently for 5 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in the stock and return to heat. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the soup thickens. Allow to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Cool soup slightly and press through a sieve. Return soup to pan, add the milk, and heat gently. Stir in the Stilton, salt and pepper, and heavy cream until melted. Blend soup for extra thickness.
- Do not allow soup to boil at this point, it will curdle.
- To serve, garnish with croutons.
STILTON AND POTATO SOUP WITH CHEESE CROUTONS
A delicious & extremely "grown up" soup recipe, and made with my favourite cheese, the King of Cheeses - Stilton! I make this every New Year's Eve and it is often on the menu throughout the rest of the year as well. It is excellent served as an elegant appetiser for Dinner Parties, as well as being wonderful for a romantic supper for two. This is a much-adapted recipe from Delia Smith's Christmas recipe book - one of my all time favourites. Be careful not to boil the soup when re-heating.
Provided by French Tart
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Melt the butter in a thick-based saucepan, then add the prepared vegetables and some salt, and cook gently with the lid on for 5-10 minutes to draw out the juices.
- stir in the cornflour to absorb the juices and, when smooth, gradually pour in the cider - still stirring.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock, cover the pan and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Then add the milk and Stilton and re-heat, stirring, until the cheese has melted and the soup is just below boiling point.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, then stir in the creme fraiche.
- At this stage you can purée the soup in a food processor or with a hand held blender or, if you prefer the texture of the chopped vegetables, keep it as it is.
- Serve the soup with the Parmesan croutons & the chopped chives.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F or pre-heat the grill.
- Place the bread cubes in a bowl, sprinkle in the oil, then stir them around until the bread has soaked up all the oil.
- Next add the freshly grated Parmesan, and stir again till all the bread cubes are well coated.
- Spread them out over a baking sheet and either bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, or else place them under the pre-heated grill, turning as necessary. (If you use the grill, watch them VERY CAREFULLY as they can burn very easily.).
- The croutons can be made well in advance and stored in an airtight tin for up to two weeks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 749.9, Fat 39.5, SaturatedFat 17, Cholesterol 68.7, Sodium 1133.9, Carbohydrate 76.5, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 8.1, Protein 23.6
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add the celery and the water. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until celery is soft.
- Add 2 1/2 ounces of the Stilton cheese to the soup and mix well. Puree the soup in small batches in a blender or food processor and transfer it to a clean pot. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt to taste. Stilton can be very salty, so beware!
- Pour into individual bowls, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and garnish with the watercress.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 518.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 141.7 mg, Fat 53.7 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 6.8 g, SaturatedFat 34.1 g, Sodium 777.6 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
BROCCOLI & STILTON SOUP
A smooth, blended vegetable soup with blue cheese that's as good for a comforting meal as it is for a dinner party starter
Provided by Caroline Hire - Food writer
Categories Dinner, Soup, Starter
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 2 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large saucepan and then add 1 finely chopped onion. Cook on a medium heat until soft. Add a splash of water if the onion starts to catch.
- Add 1 sliced celery stick, 1 sliced leek, 1 diced medium potato and a knob of butter. Stir until melted, then cover with a lid. Allow to sweat for 5 minutes then remove the lid.
- Pour in 1l of chicken or vegetable stock and add any chunky bits of stalk from 1 head of broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Add the rest of the roughly chopped broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Stir in 140g crumbled stilton, allowing a few lumps to remain. Season with black pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9.6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13.8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 6.9 grams fiber, Protein 24.3 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
More about "royal stilton cheese soup recipes"
RECIPES > CHEESE > HOW TO MAKE STILTON AND LEEK SOUP WITH PORT
BROCCOLI & STILTON SOUP – STILTON CHEESE
POTATO AND STILTON SOUP RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
RECIPES > CHEESE > HOW TO MAKE LEEK AND STILTON CHEESE SOUP
STILTON/CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BROCCOLI & STILTON SOUP - BELLE ANNéE
STILTON RECIPES - BBC FOOD
ROYAL CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP - BROOKLYN FARM GIRL
STILTON CHEESE SOUP RECIPE | RECIPELAND
ROYAL STILTON SOUP | CHEESE RECIPES
CELERY AND BLUE CHEESE SOUP - VEGGIE DESSERTS
RECIPE FOR BROCCOLI AND STILTON CHEESE SOUP, QUICK BLENDER ...
ROYAL BLUE STILTON CHEESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BROCCOLI AND STILTON SOUP | LIFE ...
STILTON AND ONION SOUP | CHEESE RECIPES
ROYAL STILTON CHEESE SOUP - PLAIN.RECIPES
BROCCOLI AND STILTON CHEESE SOUP - RAMONA'S CUISINE
ROYAL STILTON CHEESE SOUP | EASY SOUPS, STILTON CHEESE ...
STILTON BLUE CHEESE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
BLUE STILTON & ONION SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
STILTON RECIPES - GOODTOKNOW
CREAMY CELERY SOUP WITH STILTON CHEESE | GREAT BRITISH ...
WHAT IS WHITE STILTON CHEESE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STILTON CHEESE RECIPE FOR SOUP | DEPORECIPE.CO
ROYAL STILTON (KING JAMES) CHEESE BRITISH CHEESE ...
RECIPES – STILTON CHEESE
STILTON AND BROCCOLI SOUP | ONCE UPON A FOOD BLOG
BROCCOLI AND STILTON SOUP RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
HOUSTON'S CANADIAN CHEESE SOUP - COPYKAT RECIPES
COOMBE CASTLE ROYAL BLUE STILTON CHEESE WEDGE, 150 G ...
CELERY AND STILTON SOUP – AND EASY GARLIC BREADSTICKS ...
SEARCH FOR RECIPES - FOODNETWORK.CO.UK
FEED BLUE CHEESE RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
STILTON AND LEEK SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
#bacon #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #bisques-cream-soups #soups-stews #eggs-dairy #pork #potatoes #vegetables #american #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #chowders #cheese #meat #taste-mood #savory #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook celery and Stilton soup?Warm up with this creamy celery and stilton soup, then check out our spiced cauliflower soup, fresh tomato soup, spiced parsnip soup and more easy soup recipes. Heat the oil in a stock pot or large pan and fry the chopped celery and onion for 8-10 minutes until softened but not golden.
Can you freeze potato and Stilton soup?You can make a big batch of this potato and stilton soup recipe – keep some to eat now and freeze the rest to enjoy later. Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onions and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until nicely softened. Add the thyme, potatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
What is the best vegetable soup to make with blue cheese?A smooth, blended vegetable soup with blue cheese that's as good for a comforting meal as it is for a dinner party starter Heat 2 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large saucepan and then add 1 finely chopped onion. Cook on a medium heat until soft. Add a splash of water if the onion starts to catch.
How do you cook a potato soup?Stir in the potato and stock, then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potato is tender. Blitz the mixture with a stick blender until smooth, then stir in the cream and most of the cheese. Heat gently until the mixture is steaming and the cheese has melted. Season well, then add a splash more stock or water if you prefer a thinner soup.