SALMON AND CORN CAKES
- In large bowl, stir together salmon, corn, bell pepper, onion and garlic; stir in eggs. Stir in all remaining ingredients except flour and oil; gradually stir in flour. Shape mixture into sixteen 3-inch patties, using about 1/3 cup mixture for each.
- In 10- or 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil about 8 minutes, turning once, until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 16 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 740 mg
For an elegant main course, serve Ina Garten's Salmon Cakes, made with a mix of fresh veggies, capers and Old Bay, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the salmon on a sheet pan, skin side down. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until just cooked. Remove from the oven and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons of the butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crab boil seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large saute pan over medium-low heat and cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Break the bread slices in pieces and process the bread in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. You should have about 1 cup of bread crumbs. Place the bread crumbs on a sheet pan and toast in the oven for 5 minutes until lightly browned, tossing occasionally.
- Flake the chilled salmon into a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs. Add the vegetable mixture and mix well. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Shape into 10 (2 1/2 to 3-ounce) cakes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. In batches, add the salmon cakes and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Drain on paper towels; keep them warm in a preheated 250 degree F oven and serve hot.
SCRUMPTIOUS SALMON CAKES
- Mix salmon, panko, parsley, eggs, green onions, seafood seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, and creamy salad dressing together in a large bowl; divide and shape into eight patties.
- Heat enough olive oil in a large skillet to cover the cooking surface over medium heat. Fry salmon patties in batches until browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Repeat with more olive oil, as needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.6 calories, Carbohydrate 10.8 g, Cholesterol 94.7 mg, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 27.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 781.6 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
SUPER EASY SALMON CAKES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, egg, olive oil, green onions, and 2/3 cup cracker crumbs. Season with lemon pepper. Form mixture into 8 patties. Coat patties with remaining cracker crumbs, and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, turning once, or until golden brown on both sides.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281.3 calories, Carbohydrate 25.5 g, Cholesterol 68.1 mg, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 16.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 570.4 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
SALMON CORN CAKES
If you enjoy salmon, this dish is easy to prepare if you are running short on time. Served with a tasty cheese sauce.
Provided by Miss Annie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Remove skin and bones from salmon; flake and set aside.
- Combine eggs and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed in electric mixer until foamy.
- Stir in salmon and corn.
- Spoon 1/4 cup salmon mixture for each cake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Set cakes aside, and keep warm.
- Combine sour cream, cheese, and pimiento in small sauce pan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon sauce over cakes and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.6, Fat 18.4, SaturatedFat 8, Cholesterol 211.1, Sodium 1163.8, Carbohydrate 19.8, Fiber 2, Sugar 3.8, Protein 21.4
SALMON CORN CAKES
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet. Add leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Place in a bowl and let cool. Stir in salmon, eggs, chives, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the cornmeal.
- Form the mixture into 12 cakes, each about 1/2 inch thick. Coat a large nonstick skillet lightly with oil. Heat over medium heat until hot. Coat salmon cakes lightly on both sides with the remaining cornmeal. Add as many fish cakes as will fit comfortably in pan. Cook until nicely browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 351, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 23 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 447 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CORN CAKES WITH SALMON ROE
- In a bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Coarsely chop corn and in another bowl stir together with egg, buttermilk, and chives. Stir in cornmeal mixture and let batter stand 15 minutes.
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet heat 1 teaspoon butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and drop batter by teaspoon measures into skillet, without crowding (about 10). Cook cakes until golden, about 1 minute on each side, transferring to paper towels to drain, and make more cakes in same manner.
- Top warm corn cakes with sour cream and roe and garnish with onion.
SALMON CAKES WITH CORN AND GREEN CHILI
- Soften the onion in the butter. Add the corn and saute for one minute. Combine with the salmon and potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the parsley, mustard, chili and eggs and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Shape the salmon mixture into small patties about three inches across and roll them in bread crumbs. Place them on a rack to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the patties three or four at a time, so that they do not crowd the pan, until they are lightly browned on both sides. Drain them on paper towels and keep them warm in a low oven until you are ready to eat. Serve with the lemon quarters.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 1069, UnsaturatedFat 45 grams, Carbohydrate 64 grams, Fat 66 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 55 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 1158 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SALMON CORN CAKES WITH CILANTRO-PEPPER VINAIGRETTE
From Calcium-Rich Canned Salmon Recipes in Good Food Magazine March 1988. I think this makes an elegant first course, or a light supper with a salad.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Make Cilantro-Pepper Vinaigrette: combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Heat 1 T. vegetable oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, corn, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Combine salmon, bread crumbs, cilantro, lime juice, egg, salt, cayenne, and vegetables. Shape into 8 cakes, about 2-1/2 inches wide, then coat with cornmeal, shaking off excess.
- Heat 1 T. each oil and buter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Place 4 cakes in skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Keep warm in oven. Repet with remaining cakes. Serve hot with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 516.5, Fat 31.4, SaturatedFat 7.3, Cholesterol 120.1, Sodium 597.7, Carbohydrate 31.1, Fiber 4.5, Sugar 5.3, Protein 29.1
HEALTHY SALMON CAKES
Flaked salmon and black beans, which make up the bulk of salmon cakes, are both good sources of calcium. The cakes are coated in a spicy bread-crumb mixture and then baked at a high temperature to make them crisp.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 12 cakes
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine salmon, beans, bell pepper, scallions, egg, egg whites, mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, Tabasco (if using), and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Using hands, combine well.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Form salmon mixture into 12 2 1/2-inch patties. Coat patties in bread crumbs; place on prepared baking sheet. Cook until golden brown and crisp, flipping cakes over halfway, about 30 minutes. Serve warm over greens.
More about "salmon corn cakes recipes"
SALMON AND CORN CAKES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Servings 16Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side Dish
CORN CAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON AND CRèME FRAîCHE
SALMON CAKES WITH CRUNCHY CORN RELISH RECIPE | JAMES …
SALMON CAKES RECIPE (SALMON PATTIES) - NATASHA'S …
SALMON CAKES WITH SWEET CORN - THE JAPANESE KITCHEN
CRISPY SALMON CAKES - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
10 BEST SALMON PATTIES WITH CORNMEAL RECIPES | YUMMLY
CORN CHIP-CRUSTED SOUTHWESTERN SALMON CAKES WITH …
CORNY SALMON CAKES - LIZS HEALTHY TABLE
SALMON & CORN CAKES | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
4.2/5 (9)Total Time 30 minsCategory Brunch, Lunch
SALMON CAKES WITH POTATO AND FIRE ROASTED CORN SALSA
MINI CORN CAKES & SMOKED SALMON & DILL CRÃ¨ME FRAÃ®CHE …
SALMON & CORN CAKES - BIGOVEN.COM
SALMON CAKES | GLUTEN FREE EASY RECIPE - FEELGOODFOODIE
SALMON CORN CAKES RECIPE - LEFTOVER MEDLEY | WHITE ON RICE COUPLE
MINI CORN CAKES WITH SEARED SALMON RECIPE - FRANCIS MALLMANN
CORN CAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON ROSETTES | CANADIAN LIVING
RECIPES > CAKE > HOW TO MAKE SALMON CORNCAKES
CAJUN STYLE ALASKA SALMON & CORN CAKES - ALASKA'S FINEST SEAFOOD
SALMON PATTIES WITH CORNMEAL RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES 101
SPICY SALMON AND CORN CAKES WITH MANGO TARTAR SAUCE
BLACKENED SALMON CAKES WITH CORN SALSA - BLUES BEST LIFE
SALMON & CORN CAKE RECIPE - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
FRESH CORN CAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
SALMON CAKES WITH SWEET CORN CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE
CHIPOTLE SALMON CORN CAKES (QUICK EASY AND DELICIOUS)
CORN PANCAKES & SMOKED SALMON & LEMON-CHIVE CREAM RECIPE
SALMON CORN CAKES | MY GREAT RECIPES
EASY SALMON AND CORN FISH CAKES RECIPE - KING RECIPES
SALMON AND CORN PATTIES - FOODLOVESCOMPANY.CA
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #seafood #vegetables #american #southern-united-states #easy #kid-friendly #salmon #fish #stove-top #dietary #low-carb #inexpensive #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #corn #equipment
You'll also love