POTATO CAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON & CREAM CHEESE
Irish potato cakes, or farls, make a delicious base for these smoked salmon, cream cheese and caperberry canapés - simply slice into squares and serve
Provided by Miriam Nice
Categories Buffet, Canapes, Starter
Yield Cuts into approx 30 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork, then bake whole for 1 hr 20 mins or until crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Set aside on a wire rack to cool. Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, discarding the skins. Mash the potato really well, then mix in two-thirds of the melted butter, all the flour and the bicarbonate of soda. Season well.
- Line a large (approx 35 x 25cm) baking tray with a piece of baking parchment and brush with half the remaining butter. Roll out the potato dough on a floured surface, then lay it on the lined baking tray - don't worry if it breaks, just push the pieces back together once on the tray. Brush the dough with the remaining melted butter and bake for 45 mins or until golden brown on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray. Meanwhile, put the cream cheese in a large bowl and whisk until smooth and light. Stir in the double cream and lemon juice, and season well with black pepper. Spread the cream cheese mixture all over the surface of the cooled potato cake. Use a large, sharp knife to cut the potato cake into 30 squares, then top with the strips of salmon, the dill fronds, caperberries and lemon zest. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
BAKED SALMON AND CREAM CHEESE CROQUETTES
This recipe uses the ingredients that I like in a bagel and lox, except a potato takes the place of the bagel.
Provided by Late Night Gourmet
Yield 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel potatoes, then cut the larger ones in half and boil for 20 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Cook for no more than 2 minutes, or long enough to brown them.
- While the potatoes are cooking, sautee the onion until it turns a golden brown.
- Mash potatoes by hand or run through a ricer.
- Chop salmon into small pieces (about 1/4 inch chunks). Dice the capers.
- Blend the potatoes with the cream cheese while the potatoes are still warm, then blend in the remaining ingredients. Roll mixture into 15 equal-sized balls; an ice cream scoop is a good way to do this.
- Place egg in a small container with a tablespoon of water and whisk. Place breadcrumbs in another small container. Roll each ball in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs, and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for another 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 109.5, Fat 2.9, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 17.1, Sodium 531.6, Carbohydrate 16.5, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 1.3, Protein 4.5
SMOKED SALMON NEW POTATOES
Give twice-baked potatoes a rest this year and try these stuffed spuds. Smoked salmon and cream cheese blended with lemon juice and dill are simply piped into small red potatoes. Leftovers are even good with eggs for breakfast. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes; immediately drop in ice water. Drain; pat dry., Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato to allow them to lie flat. Using a melon baller, remove a small portion from the top of each potato. , For filling, place all remaining ingredients except dill sprigs in a food processor; process until smooth. To serve, pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons filling into each potato. Top with dill sprigs. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 35 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 67mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
SALMON & CREAM CHEESE POTATOES
Everyone enjoys these elegant-looking appetizers. You can assemble them several hours ahead and refrigerate until guests arrive.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, dill, lemon zest, capers, salt and pepper. , Drain potatoes; cut in half. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato half to level if necessary. , Dollop cheese mixture onto potatoes, 2 teaspoons on each. Top with salmon. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 47 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 80mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 2g protein.
EVERYTHING SALMON FILLETS AND CREAM CHEESE POTATOES
This quick dinner version of a favorite breakfast has all the flavors of an everything bagel with lox: fillets of salmon are coated in a bagel chip-crust, scallion mashed potatoes have a cream cheese boost and a side of tomatoes and onion completes the dish.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy water and drain the potatoes. Return the potatoes to the pan, add the cream cheese, scallions, the reserved starchy water and 2 teaspoons salt. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Meanwhile, mix together the bagel chips, everything bagel seasoning and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl.
- Press the bagel chip mixture onto the top of each salmon fillet. Transfer the fillets to the prepared baking sheet, skin side-down. Bake until the salmon is cooked through and the top is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Arrange the tomato slices and onions on 4 plates and drizzle with the vinegar and remaining tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with capers, if using, and season with salt and pepper. Divide the salmon and mashed potatoes among the plates.
More about "salmon cream cheese potatoes recipes"
CREAMY SALMON BAKE RECIPE WITH NORWEGIAN SALMON
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Squeeze lemon juice over the Norwegian salmon fillets and steam for 5-8 minutes. This will ensure the salmon flakes easily. Make sure the Norwegian salmon is then skinned and boned and break it into sizeable chunks.
BAKED SALMON WITH CREAM CHEESE - THE KITCHEN …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Prepare your glass baking dish by greasing the bottom. If using a flat baking pan line it with parchment paper.
- Once the cream cheese is softened, add the garlic and fresh dill and mix by hand or by mixer, both will work.
HEALTHY CREAMY LEFTOVER SALMON AND POTATO BAKE - …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water with the bay leaf for about 10 minutes. Drain, discard the bay leaf and set aside. The potatoes should be cooked but not falling apart or mushy.
- To make the white sauce in a saucepan heat up the butter over a low heat until melted. Add the flour and quickly whisk until the mixture thickens and the flour is no longer visible. Then add a bit of milk, increase the heat and whisk until the sauce thickens. Add the rest of the milk, fromage frais and mustard and continue whisking until the sauce thickens and starts bubbling up. Remove from the heat, season to taste and add the dill (if using). Stir and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in your oven dish, top with shredded salmon, frozen petits pois/peas and pour over the sauce, poking with a fork to ensuring the sauce gets inside the casserole too.
SALMON AND POTATO BAKE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
3.6/5 (9)Category Salmon Fillet RecipesCuisine British RecipesTotal Time 55 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then simmer the potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the red onion for 5 minutes, then stir in the flour and season well.
- Wilt the spinach in a pan over a medium heat, then squeeze out the excess liquid. Butter a 1.2-litre ovenproof dish and layer up the potatoes and onion with the salmon and the spinach, ending with a layer of potato.
- Pour the cream over the top. Sprinkle with the Gruyère and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
SMOKED SALMON STUFFED RED POTATOES - POTATO …
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SALMON SCALLOPED POTATOES IS SUPER SIMPLE AND LUSCIOUS
Calories 802Saturated Fat 25g 127%Cholesterol 188mg 63%Total Fat 49g 62%
SALMON OVER CREAM CHEESE MASHED POTATOES | …
Carbohydrate 13 gFat 12 gEnergy 194 CaloriesProtein 11 g
SALMON FILLET OVER CREAM CHEESE MASHED POTATOES | …
Carbohydrate 37 gFat 42 gEnergy 676 CaloriesProtein 39 g
10 BEST BAKED SALMON WITH CHEESE RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SALMON MASHED POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
POTATO SALAD WITH SALMON AND CREAM CHEESE RECIPE | EAT ...
CREAMY SALMON BAKED POTATO - OLIVEMAGAZINE
ALASKA SALMON CREAM CHEESE RECIPE
STARTERS & CANAPéS: RöSTI WITH SMOKED SALMON & CREAM CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- In a large, hot frying pan (add a few tablespoons of vegetable oil), form mini Rösti (approximately 2 teaspoons of mixture per Rösti) and fry until golden and crisp on both sides.
CHEESY SALMON POTATO BAKE - JAMIE GELLER
- 2) Lay the salmon in the skillet and cook it one side at a time until golden brown. Do not move the salmon steaks until they are completely done on one side, then flip over and cook completely on the other side. Remove from the pan and cool. Remove the skin and bones, then floss the salmon meat. Add the salmon meat into the bowl with the fried diced onions. Add in the lemon juice and stir.
- 3) Arrange the sliced potatoes in a casserole dish with at least 8 cups capacity. Add a 1/2 cup milk, cover the casserole, and microwave for 15 minutes or until cooked but not mushy.
BAKED SALMON AND CREAM CHEESE CROQUETTES RECIPES
SALMON WITH POTATO, DILL AND CREAM CHEESE RECIPE | MAKE CHEF
SALMON & CREAM CHEESE POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
136 EASY AND TASTY SALMON CREAM CHEESE RECIPES BY HOME ...
PASTA WITH SALMON AND CREAM CHEESE RECIPE - RECEPTOK
SALMON FILLET WITH POTATO CRUST ON JULIENNE VEGETABLES ...
EVERYTHING SALMON FILLETS AND CREAM CHEESE POTATOES ...
EVERYTHING SALMON FILLETS AND CREAM CHEESE POTATOES RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake salmon with cream cheese?Take your cream cheese in a medium bowl and warm it in the microwave just so it is a little bit soft. Once the cream cheese is softened, add the garlic and fresh dill and mix by hand or by mixer, both will work. If your salmon has skin on one side, place that side down in the baking dish. Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the top of the salmon.
How do you make a smoked salmon and potato casserole?Drain in a colander set in the sink. Add half the potatoes in an even layer across the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Spread the onion mixture over the potatoes, scatter with pieces of the smoked salmon, and top with 1 cup of the grated cheese.
What is in a potato gratin with smoked salmon and cheese?Cheesy Potato Gratin with Smoked Salmon and Paprika Cream Sauce. Thin slices of potatoes are layered with onions, parsley, smoked salmon, loads of cheese, and a rich paprika cream sauce, topped with panko bread crumbs and baked into crispy, creamy, cheesy, awesomeness.
How to cook salmon and spinach with potatoes?Wilt the spinach in a pan over a medium heat, then squeeze out the excess liquid. Butter a 1.2-litre ovenproof dish and layer up the potatoes and onion with the salmon and the spinach, ending with a layer of potato. Pour the cream over the top.