SALT-AND-PEPPER ROAST CHICKEN
Calling for just four ingredients - chicken, salt, pepper and whatever herbs you have around - this is a recipe for roast chicken at its simplest and best. The method is fairly straightforward. You season the bird, then roast it at high heat until the skin is bronzed and crisp and the flesh juicy. If you have time to season the chicken ahead, you should; it makes a difference in flavor. And bear in mind, if you have the kind of oven that starts smoking at high heat, you can cook your bird at 400 degrees instead of 450, though you'll need an extra 5 to 20 minutes to get it done.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, weeknight, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. If you have time, refrigerate the chicken, uncovered, for an hour, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken breast-side up in a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet. Stuff cavity with herbs and tie the legs together with kitchen twine. (If you don't have twine, leave the legs as they are.)
- Roast 50 minutes, then baste chicken with pan juices. Continue roasting until chicken's juices run clear when skin is pierced with a knife, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 587, UnsaturatedFat 26 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 933 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN
Make this easy, spicy salt and pepper chicken dish at home instead of ordering a takeaway. It's cooked with Asian greens in honey and soy, with a hint of Chinese five-spice
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut the chicken thighs into strips. Crush the salt with the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar, then mix with the cornflour and five-spice and tip into a sandwich bag. Tip the chicken into the bag and shake well to coat in the flour mixture.
- Toss the sesame seeds in a pan over a medium heat and lightly toast, for around a minute, then add the olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for 7-8 mins until golden brown.
- Mix the soy and honey and tip into the pan along with the Asian greens, cook for 2-3 mins further until everything is well coated and the greens are cooked through. Serve topped with coriander and sliced spring onions alongside some cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 279 calories, Fat 9 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 12 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 37 grams protein, Sodium 2.8 milligram of sodium
SALT 'N PEPPER CHICKEN
- Whisk egg, spring onions, ginger, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon white pepper together in a bowl. Mix in chicken. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet potato starch into a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil to 340 degrees F (170 degrees C) in a large saucepan. Dredge chicken pieces in sweet potato starch; drop gently into the hot oil in batches. Cook until golden on the outside and no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a large serving plate. Place fried chicken on the lettuce leaves. Mix 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon white pepper together in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Fat 19.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 1480.9 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
People also searched
More about "saltandpepperchicken recipes"
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - PINCH OF NOM
4.2/5 Calories 308 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch
- Toast the salt flakes in a hot pan until they start to brown - it's very important to do this to get the true salt and pepper flavour.
SALT AND CHILLI CHICKEN - TRY THIS SIMPLE CHINESE CHILLI ...
Reviews 5Category DinnerCuisine ChineseTotal Time 30 mins See details »
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
5/5 (14)Calories 487 per servingCategory Starter
- Mix together the 60g (1/2 cup) of cornflour, ¾ tbsp of the salt, 1 tbsp of the black pepper, and the 1 tbsp of Chinese five-spice.
- Take the 240ml (1 cup) of oil, and put one tablespoon of it to one side. Add the rest of the oil to a large frying pan and heat over a high heat until hot (you can test by sticking the end of a wooden spoon or chopstick in the oil – if bubbles form around it, it’s hot enough).
- Add the chicken to the oil a piece at a time (to ensure the oil doesn’t boil over). You’ll probably have to work in two batches altogether.
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - KHIN'S KITCHEN CRISPY SALT ...
4.8/5 (12)Servings 2Cuisine Chinese CuisineCategory Main Course
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Marinate chicken with salt, black pepper, ginger garlic paste and sesame oil.
- Cut onion, pepper into thin slices(matchstick sizes). Cut spring onion into ¼ inch pieces. And also cut ginger and garlic into thin slices.
- Coat the marinated chicken pieces well with potato starch(flour). Toss the excess flour out before frying.
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 20 minsCategory Taiwanese RecipesCalories 251 per serving
- Marinate the chicken with the seasonings including the egg yolk for 2 hours in the fridge. When ready to deep-fry, put 1 cup of potato starch or corn flour on a flat plate. Add the chicken to the flour and coat evenly. Heat up a wok or deep-fryer with oil and deep fry the chicken pieces until they turn golden brown. Transfer the fried chicken out on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine ChineseCategory Main CourseServings 2 See details »
AMAZING SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
Ratings 76Calories 305 per servingCategory Appetizer
- Combine salt and pepper together in a bowl. Place chicken wings on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle the wings with the salt and pepper, then shake on the baking tray to cover completely.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn and bake for another 15-20 minutes until crispy and cooked through. We like our wings very crispy.
- As soon as the wings are close to being done, heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat then add the garlic and onions. (jalapeno as well if you are adding it in.)
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN (FRIED OR BAKED)
Reviews 2Calories 522 per servingCategory Poultry
- Slice the onion and the garlic. Cut the green onions into thin rings. Deseed the peppers and slice them as well. Set aside until ready to cook.
- Mix together cornstarch, salt, pepper, and Chinese five-spice powder in a large bowl. Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
- When the oil is hot, place ½ of the chicken pieces into the bowl with the cornstarch and spices and toss until coated.
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WITHOUT DEEP-FRYING (椒盐鸡 ...
5/5 (17)Category AppetizerCuisine TaiwaneseCalories 329 per serving
- Combine the chicken and the marinade ingredients in a big bowl. Mix well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to overnight in the fridge.
- Combine the ingredients for the spice mix in a small bowl and stir to mix well. Note, this recipe prepares more spice mix than you might use, so you can adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- When you’re ready to cook, add the beaten egg into the bowl with the chicken. Stir to mix well. Add the cornstarch. Stir to coat the chicken, until it forms an uneven coating with a little dry cornstarch left unattached. The batter should be quite dry and not very runny.
- Add the oil to a large skillet (nonstick or carbon steel), just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken one piece at a time using a pair of chopsticks or tongs. Turn to medium heat if the pan starts to smoke too much.
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE (THE BEST) - RECIPE ...
Ratings 3Calories 326 per servingCategory Appetizer, Side Dish
- To make salt and pepper chicken:Cut chicken into 1-2" bite-size then add salt, 1.5 teaspoons Chinese 5 spice, black pepper, and cornflour. Mix to combine and set aside.If you have the time, marinate the chicken for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan then when heated, add the marinated chicken. Fry till brown while turning the sides to make sure all parts are fried.
- When the chicken is fried and browned, remove from oil on to kitchen towel/ paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil.
BAKED SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS | YEPRECIPES.COM
5/5 (25)Category Main DishesCuisine American/GlobalTotal Time 45 mins
- Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle the oil over the chicken then sprinkle on the salt & pepper. Toss the chicken around in the bowl using your hands to evenly coat in the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a single layer on the wire rack at least 1-inch apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until cooked through (165°F).
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
4.8/5 (23)Total Time 55 minsCategory Appetizer RecipesCalories 641 per serving
- In a large bowl, combine the wine, ginger, minced garlic, and salt and stir to mix. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight (cover and refrigerate if more than 20 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and toss it with the potato starch, coating well.
- Shake excess potato starch off of the chicken pieces and drop them into the hot oil. You can do 5 to 7 pieces of chicken at a time, but don’t crowd the skillet. Plan to cook the chicken in 2 or 3 batches. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the bottoms of the chicken pieces are golden brown. Turn the chicken over and cook for about 5 minutes more, until golden brown on the second side. Transfer the cooked chicken pieces to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cook the remaining chicken pieces in the same manner.
COOK AND SAVOR | SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN
5/5 (8)Category Main CourseServings 4Total Time 32 mins See details »
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS AND IT ...
4/5 (5)Category Appetizer, DinnerCuisine AmericanCalories 302 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, place a cooling rack on top of the preparing baking sheet. Set aside.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, remove from the oven, flip them and bake for more 15-20 minutes or until they're golden crisp. Time will depend on the power of your oven.
ACTIFRY SALT & PEPPER CHICKEN - MY FUSSY EATER | EASY KIDS ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 265 per serving
- Add the cornflour to another bowl and mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, Chinese 5 spice and paprika.
- In three batches, remove the chicken from the bowl with a spoon, draining off any excess milk. Add to the bowl with the cornflour spice mix and coat the chicken pieces completely. Transfer to a plate.
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - CHINESE TAKEAWAY RECIPE | HINT ...
Reviews 556Calories 542 per servingCategory Take-Away Recipes
- Dice chicken into even pieces, and sprinkle with 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp Chinese five spice and1 tbsp black pepper
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE - WENT HERE 8 THIS
Ratings 18Calories 473 per servingCategory Main Course
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place a baking rack on top.
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE - READY IN 30 MINUTES ...
Ratings 1Category Main CourseCuisine ChineseTotal Time 25 mins See details »
THE BEST SALT & PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE | SPICENTICE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN IN 3 WAYS! A CHINESE FAMILY RECIPE
Ratings 13Calories 324 per servingCategory Appetizer, Side Dish See details »
ZIANGS: SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN CHINESE TAKEAWAY RECIPES ...
See details »
CRUNCHY SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN | SIMPLE & EASY RECIPE ...
See details »
SALT 'N' PEPPER PORK OR CHICKEN | RACHAEL RAY | RECIPE ...
See details »
See details »
You'll also love
Want to buy ingredients ?