A SIMPLY PERFECT ROAST TURKEY
Simple, perfect roast turkey just like grandma used to make. Seasoned with salt and pepper, and basted with turkey stock, the flavors of the turkey really stand out. Stuff with your favorite dressing.
Provided by Syd
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place rack in the lowest position of the oven.
- Remove the turkey neck and giblets, rinse the turkey, and pat dry with paper towels. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in the roasting pan. Loosely fill the body cavity with stuffing. Rub the skin with the softened butter, and season with salt and pepper. Position an aluminum foil tent over the turkey.
- Place turkey in the oven, and pour 2 cups turkey stock into the bottom of the roasting pan. Baste all over every 30 minutes with the juices on the bottom of the pan. Whenever the drippings evaporate, add stock to moisten them, about 1 to 2 cups at a time. Remove aluminum foil after 2 1/2 hours. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C), about 4 hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a large serving platter, and let it stand for at least 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 662.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.7 g, Cholesterol 211.4 mg, Fat 33.8 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 72.2 g, SaturatedFat 10.4 g, Sodium 709.5 mg, Sugar 2 g
SAUCY TURKEY MEATBALLS
It's easy to turn lean ground turkey into these moist, tender meatballs. Ideal for informal gatherings of family and friends, the appetizers feature a tangy sauce that my guests find delicious.-Janell Fugitt, Cimarron, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 15 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes. , Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 695mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SWEET AND SMOKY TURKEY
Provided by Molly Yeh
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Dry brine the turkey: Place the turkey in a roasting pan fitted with a rack. Rub the turkey liberally with salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator, uncovered, 8 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat a gas grill for cooking over medium heat (about 350 degrees F).
- Set the turkey on the counter to take the chill off.
- Meanwhile, put the paprika, tomato paste, vinegar, guajillo chiles, caraway seeds, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and 3 cloves garlic in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add some olive oil just until a thick paste is formed. Taste and season with salt.
- Stuff the center cavity of the turkey with the onion, orange, lemon, thyme and the remaining 3 cloves of garlic. Rub the turkey generously all over with the spice paste. Tie the legs tightly together with kitchen twine. Tuck the wings underneath the turkey. Add 2 cups chicken stock to the pan and tent with aluminum foil.
- Place the roasting pan in the center of the grill, directly on the grates. Let cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and add 2 cups chicken stock. Close the lid and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 35 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, add the honey to a small bowl. Once the temperature of the turkey reaches 145 degrees F, use a turkey baster to add 1/4 cup pan juices to the bowl with the honey and whisk to combine. Using a pastry brush, glaze the bird all over with the honey mixture.
- Close the grill and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, another 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the turkey and let rest 30 minutes (the internal temperature will continue to rise to 165 degrees F). Serve!
SAUCY TURKEY MARSALA
French's Honey Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire Sauce add a sweet and savory flavor to this quick turkey dish that won't stress you out over the holidays.
Provided by French's
Number Of Ingredients 8
- COOK turkey in hot oil about 5 min. until browned on both sides. Transfer to platter.
- SAUTE mushrooms in same skillet. Stir in soup, water, wine, mustard and Worcestershire. Heat to boiling.
- ADD turkey to skillet. Simmer until turkey is no longer pink in center.
SAUCY TURKEY SCALOPPINE
- In a skillet over medium heat add 1/4 c.
- chicken stock and have the turkey, cook 4 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Remove; set aside.
- Repeat with remaining turkey and stock.
- In same skillet cook onion, paprika, thyme and garlic until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add soup, water and wine.
- Heat to boiling.
- Return turkey to skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Serve with pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Garnish with additional paprika.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228.3, Fat 8.5, SaturatedFat 2.3, Cholesterol 75.3, Sodium 135.7, Carbohydrate 7.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 4.2, Protein 27.8
SAUCY TURKEY MEATBALLS
I got this recipe from our church cookbook & have made it many times over the years. The mustard gives it a nice taste, but isn't too strong, so my kids would eat it when they were little & in that "picky" phase. I serve it over rice, but noodles would work too.
Provided by Judy from Hawaii
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix turkey with onion, seasonings, bread& egg.
- Shape into one inch balls and fry in skillet.
- Combine soup, milk, and mustard, and pour over meatballs, Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321.4, Fat 17.1, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 148.2, Sodium 763.6, Carbohydrate 15.5, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 2.6, Protein 25.2
More about "saucy turkey recipes"
SAUCY SLOW COOKER TURKEY SUPPER | CANADIAN TURKEY
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST TURKEY GRAVY - DAMN DELICIOUS
10 BEST SAUCE FOR TURKEY BREAST RECIPES | YUMMLY
TURKEY RECIPE, JUICY ROAST TURKEY RECIPE, HOW TO COOK …
21 EASY TURKEY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
JUICIEST TURKEY RECIPE EVER - THESTAYATHOMECHEF.COM
JUICY ROAST TURKEY | RECIPETIN EATS
TURKEY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ROAST TURKEY BREAST WITH SAUCY CRANBERRY SAUCE - JO …
25 + LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES | TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
THE BEST TURKEY TACOS - CULINARY HILL
THE BEST TURKEY MARINADE RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
RECIPE: SAUCY TURKEY CHEESE ZRAZY STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
SAUCY TURKEY BURRITO BOWLS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
10 BEST TURKEY DIPPING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
HOW TO MAKE A JUICY TURKEY - HOW TO COOK A PERFECT TURKEY!
SAUCY TURKEY PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
33 EASY LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
TURKEY CUTLETS WITH LEMON SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
27 BEST RECIPES TO USE UP LEFTOVER TURKEY - KITCHN
TURKEY DINNER RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
SAUCY TURKEY PINWHEEL RECIPE | PRACTICALLY HOMEMADE
7 BEST SMOKED TURKEY RECIPES [BARBECUE HOLIDAY DINNER IDEAS]
ONE-POT SAUCY TURKEY MEATBALLS #TASTYANDLEAN — HOME WITH …
SWEET AND SOUR TURKEY - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
41 LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES FOR GOBBLING AFTER THANKSGIVING
45 TURKEY RECIPES TO MAKE RIGHT NOW | TASTE OF HOME
TURKEY BREAST WITH APRICOT SAUCE - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
ROASTED TURKEY WITH APPLE JUICE SAUCE - RICARDO
35+ LEFTOVER TURKEY RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
SAUCY TURKEY - BIGOVEN.COM
TURKEY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SAUCY GROUND TURKEY - BIGOVEN.COM
TURKEY GRAVY RECIPE - CAFE DELITES
SAUCY TURKEY | ANITA'S TRIED & HEART HEALTHY RECIPES
SUPER EASY ROAST TURKEY DINNER RECIPE - OTTAWA MOMMY CLUB
SAUCY TURKEY SCALOPPINE RECIPE ~ MENUIVA.COM
SAUCY TURKEY PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
LEFTOVER TURKEY IN GRAVY - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
You'll also love