SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT
I created this tasty quick-and-easy sauerkraut and sausage dish so I can throw it together in no time on those extra-busy nights. - Mary Lyon, Spotsylvania, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes in oil for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in onion; saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage, sauerkraut and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 567 calories, Fat 38g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 2043mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
SAUSAGE AND KRAUT
- Soak the sauerkraut in a bowl of warm water. Cover the potatoes with water in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Prick the sausages with a fork and add to the pot along with the pork; cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn the meats and add the onion, garlic, coriander, juniper berries, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the onion is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Add the apple and cook 2 more minutes.
- Drain the sauerkraut, then add to the pot along with the wine and 1 cup water. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, then uncover and cook until thickened, about 5 more minutes. Transfer the sauerkraut, meats and potatoes to a platter. Top with the parsley and serve with mustard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417, Fat 14 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Cholesterol 90 milligrams, Sodium 1,382 milligrams, Carbohydrate 33 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 29 grams
SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT
This is a recipe from a sweet old German lady I used to attend church with. Allow for plenty of time to prepare and cook this dish. It is definitely worth the time and effort! Serve with hot German potato salad and red cabbage.
Provided by DOEMARK
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the sauerkraut, caraway seeds, brown sugar, and apple into a large saucepan over medium-low heat, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place the bacon and onion into a skillet over medium heat, and cook until the bacon is almost crisp and the onion is beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir the bacon mixture into the sauerkraut. In the same skillet, brown the kielbasa sausage in the remaining bacon grease until the sausage begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes; stir into the sauerkraut mixture. Spoon the sauerkraut and sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 777.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.6 g, Cholesterol 128.2 mg, Fat 62.3 g, Fiber 6.5 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 26.4 g, Sodium 2702.1 mg, Sugar 20.2 g
SAUSAGE 'N' SAUERKRAUT
Savory Sausage 'n' Sauerkraut comes from Robert Walker of Glen Dale, West Virginia. "Not only is it economical, it's delicious. I'm positive you'll serve it often," Robert says.
Provided by Taste of Home
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a Dutch oven, brown sausage until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch pieces; return to pan. Stir in the sauerkraut, tomatoes with liquid, celery, onion, green pepper, brown sugar and seasonings., Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve with mashed potatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
SAUSAGE 'N KRAUT
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill the sausages on the preheated grill until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Cut the cooked sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- While the sausage is grilling, melt the butter spread in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the sauerkraut, celery flakes, onion, caraway seeds, brown sugar, and pepper. Cook and stir until the sauerkraut begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in the sausage slices. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.1 calories, Carbohydrate 17.7 g, Cholesterol 57.1 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 1872.2 mg, Sugar 10.6 g
SAUSAGE 'N SAUERKRAUT SKILLET
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, turning once. Slice sausage into 1-inch chunks. Return to skillet.
- Add sauerkraut and cubed potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced.
- Serve with fresh rye bread if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316.2, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 49.8, Sodium 1746.5, Carbohydrate 21, Fiber 5.9, Sugar 5, Protein 12.1
POLISH SAUSAGE AND KRAUT
- Cut sausage into slices.
- If using bulk sausage, break it apart as it browns when cooking.
- In 2 tablespoons of butter, saute sausage, celery, onion, and green bell pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are cooked.
- Drain any fat.
- Add kraut, tomatoes with liquid, brown sugar and seasonings to the sausage in pan.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, adding a small amount of water or tomato juice if necessary.
- Remove bay leaf, and serve over mashed potatoes, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605.8, Fat 47.6, SaturatedFat 18.1, Cholesterol 116, Sodium 1999.7, Carbohydrate 21.6, Fiber 4.1, Sugar 12.8, Protein 23.2
More about "sausage n kraut recipes"
SAUERKRAUT AND VEGGIE SAUSAGES – KINDNESS KITCHEN
SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT BAKE - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
SAUSAGE N' SAUERKRAUT - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
POLISH OVEN ROASTED SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT - COOKINPOLISH
EASY SAUSAGE SAUERKRAUT DUTCH OVEN CAMPING RECIPE
WHAT TO DO WITH SAUERKRAUT: 37 AMAZING RECIPES
SAUSAGE AND KRAUT RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
10 BEST GERMAN SAUSAGE SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
OLD WORLD SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT - I'D RATHER BE A CHEF
SAUSAGE 'N KRAUT - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - FOODDIEZ.COM
10 MINUTE SAUSAGE & SAUERKRAUT - NORTHERN NESTER
10 BEST POLISH SAUSAGE SAUERKRAUT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUSAGE 'N' SAUERKRAUT RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
BRATWURST AND SAUERKRAUT - BUDGET BYTES
SAUSAGE AND KRAUT | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS - BHG.COM
SAUSAGE 'N KRAUT - GERMAN
EASY SLOW COOKER SAUERKRAUT AND SAUSAGE RECIPE - ONLY 6 …
SAUSAGE 'N KRAUT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT - PEAR TREE KITCHEN
SAUERKRAUT 'N' SAUSAGE RECIPE
POLISH SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT HASH - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
KNOEPHLA SAUSAGE & KRAUT - EASY EATING
GERMAN SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SAUSAGE KRAUT RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SAUSAGE AND KRAUT RECIPE
POLISH SAUSAGE AND KRAUT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
INCREDIBLY EASY SAUSAGE SAUERKRAUT SKILLET DINNER ... - GARLIC & ZEST
SAUERKRAUT AND SAUSAGE KNOEPHLA SKILLET DISH - RAMSHACKLE PANTRY
SAUSAGE 'N SAUERKRAUT SKILLET - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SAUSAGE SAUERKRAUT CASSEROLE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
ONE PAN SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT - LITTLE BITE OF MINE
SAUSAGE ‘N’ SAUERKRAUT | RECIPE | RECIPES, SAUERKRAUT RECIPES, …
SAUSAGES 'N' SAUERKRAUT | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: SAUSAGE 'N KRAUT
SAUSAGE ‘N KRAUT BALLS - FRANK'S KRAUT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook sausages and sauerkraut together?Slice sausages into coins, and fry in butter over medium heat until they get a bit crispy on the sliced edges. Dump in sauerkraut. Turn up the heat, and stir-fry the two ingredients together until the liquid is evaporated. Optional: Season with black pepper and nutritional yeast if desired.
Is sausage and sauerkraut gluten free?This hearty sausage and sauerkraut recipe is: Gluten Free, Paleo, Low Carb and delightful on a cold winter day. SAUSAGE AND SAUERKRAUT... WITH ONIONS, PAN SEARED POTATOES AND BACON. Yes, we are going to use a couple ingredients in this recipe that are not homemade and yes... it will be absolutely delicious. Let's talk first about the sausage.
How to cook kielbasa and sauerkraut in the oven?Stir the bacon mixture into the sauerkraut. In the same skillet, brown the kielbasa sausage in the remaining bacon grease until the sausage begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes; stir into the sauerkraut mixture. Spoon the sauerkraut and sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 1 hour.
What to make with bratwurst and sauerkraut?Bratwurst and Sauerkraut with Apples and OnionThe Endless Meal onion, salt, apple juice, butter, red baking apple, sauerkraut and 2 more Slow Cooker German Potato Soup With Sausage And SauerkrautCDKitchen chicken broth, smoked sausage, stone ground mustard, frozen hash brown potatoes and 1 more