This is a very quick and healthy vegetable side dish. Even my son, who is very picky, loves this. It works well as a snack with wine, as an appetizer, or as a side dish, especially for Asian-inspired dishes.
Provided by naturalbornhealer
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and decrease heat to medium. Cook and stir garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add asparagus, soy sauce, and water to garlic; cook and stir until liquid is mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Cover wok and cook until asparagus are tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52.5 calories, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fat 2.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 3.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 453.9 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
LEMONY FRESH ASPARAGUS WITH THYME
It's amazing how something so simple can be so good! Fresh asparagus spears sauteed in extra virgin olive oil with garlic, lemon thyme, Dijon mustard, and fresh lemon. Delicious! I will never go back to plain old steamed asparagus. Serve either hot, cold, or at room temperature. This is a great make-ahead dish.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, thyme, Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon slices, and salt & pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not over cook.
- Arrange on serving platter and squeeze with fresh lemon juice.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC AND THYME
Come springtime, when stalks of asparagus shoot up from the ground (as if they're celebrating with us!), there isn't much to do to make this easy side dish shine. First, a sauté in the skillet with olive oil, garlic, and thyme coaxes out the natural sweetness of the asparagus, while finishing it with a quick steam until the stalks are crisp-tender locks in vitamins like A and C.
Provided by Shira Bocar
Yield Serves 2 to 3
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and thyme sprigs. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing to coat in oil, 1 minute.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer in skillet, add 1/4 cup water, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender and most of water has evaporated, 2 minutes.
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and asparagus spears; cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 102.4 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 64 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON-HERB SAUCE
- Bring broth to boil in large pot. Add asparagus; cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer asparagus to large bowl of ice water. Reserve 1 cup broth in small bowl. Drain asparagus; pat dry. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap asparagus in paper towels. Seal in plastic bag. Cover broth. Chill asparagus and broth.)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup green onions, shallots and sugar. Sauté until onions and shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in reserved 1 cup broth, 1 tablespoon oil, mustard, lemon juice, thyme and lemon peel. Simmer until slightly thickened and liquid is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange asparagus on platter. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup green onions and bell peppers.
GARLIC PARMESAN ASPARAGUS
Pair any entree with this fresh side dish for a truly succulent meal. With subtle garlic, melted butter and a hint of Parmesan cheese, what's not to love? -Tara Ernspiker, Falling Waters, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. water to a boil. Add asparagus and garlic; cook, covered, until asparagus is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes; drain. Toss asparagus with butter and cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 74mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ASPARAGUS WITH HONEY-GARLIC SAUCE
- Add asparagus to boiling, salted water and cook, covered, about 2 minutes or until barely tender. Drain. Combine mustard, ale, honey, garlic, thyme and salt; mix well. Pour over cooked asparagus.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90.2, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 339.1, Carbohydrate 19.1, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 14.6, Protein 3.5
ASPARAGUS WITH WALNUTS, PARMESAN AND BROWN BUTTER
Here's a sophisticated yet simple way to prepare spring's trademark vegetable. Steam the asparagus. Brown a knob of butter in a sauté pan and toss in a handful of chopped walnuts, garlic and fresh thyme (lemon thyme if you can find it). Whisk in a 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, then pour over your awaiting asparagus. Dive in.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Steam the asparagus until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the foam has subsided and the butter turns a deep golden brown, about 4 minutes. (Take care that it doesn't burn.) Stir in the nuts and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon nut mixture over warm asparagus and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 171, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 258 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in asparagus and cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over asparagus, and toss to coat. Mix milk, vegetable broth and water into saucepan. Stir in Parmesan cheese, thyme, sage and salt. Cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 10.3 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 8.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 360.3 mg, Sugar 8 g
- Drizzle olive oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat. Once oil is hot add asparagus spears; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and cover to steam asparagus and keep it from drying out. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83.6 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 75.4 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
TUSCAN-STYLE ROASTED ASPARAGUS
This is especially wonderful when locally grown asparagus is in season and so easy for celebrations because you can serve it hot or cold. This is how to bake asparagus. -Jannine Fisk, Malden, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to asparagus and toss to coat. , Bake 15-20 minutes or just until asparagus is tender. Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice; sprinkle with cheese and lemon aest. Toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 95 calories, Fat 8g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 294mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH PARMESAN
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray the inside of a 9x13 casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Place asparagus in the dish and lightly spray spears with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese, sea salt, and garlic powder.
- Roast in preheated oven until fork easily punctures thickest part of stem, about 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 46 calories, Carbohydrate 4.7 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 660.1 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
More about "sauteed asparagus with garlic and thyme recipes"
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS FENNEL WITH GORGONZOLA - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 2Difficulty 35 min
10 BEST GARLIC ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS RECIPES - YUMMLY
QUICK AND EASY SAUTéED ASPARAGUS - AHEAD OF THYME
SPAGHETTI WITH ASPARAGUS, GREEN GARLIC; SPRING
QUICK-BRAISED ASPARAGUS WITH DIJON-THYME PAN SAUCE
ROASTED LEMON HONEY GARLIC ASPARAGUS | THE RECIPE CRITIC
GARLIC HERB BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS
10 BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC BREADCRUMBS - COOKIN CANUCK
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND ALMONDS - THE …
SAUTéED VEGETABLES WITH HERBS AND GARLIC - RECIPE GIRL
THE BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH GREEN GARLIC AND OLIVES - THYME FOR …
SAUTEED GARLIC ASPARAGUS - BIGOVEN.COM
HALIBUT WITH ASPARAGUS, SPRING ONIONS, AND LEMON THYME RECIPE …
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS - AHEAD OF THYME
SAUTéED SPRING ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS - CANADIAN LIVING
SAUTEED VEGETABLES - COOKING CLASSY
SKILLET ASPARAGUS + TOMATO MEDLEY - THE SIMPLE VEGANISTA
SPICY SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH TAMARI AND TOASTED GARLIC : RECIPES ...
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS (BEST RECIPE WITH GARLIC BUTTER!) – RASA MALAYSIA
ASPARAGUS FRITTATA WITH THYME - SIMPLY ORGANIC
GARLIC SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - THE LIFE JOLIE
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS RECIPE (QUICK AND EASY) | KITCHN
STEAM SAUTEED ASPARAGUS - DADCOOKSDINNER
VIDEO: SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH GINGER RECIPE - HENRY FORD
ASPARAGUS WITH GARLIC MUSTARD - RECIPE GIRL
WHITE ASPARAGUS WITH SHRIMP IN WILD GARLIC HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
SAUTéED ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON & GARLIC - KYLEE COOKS
10 SPICES FOR ASPARAGUS THAT WILL INSPIRE MORE ASPARAGUS DISHES!
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS - FOOLPROOF LIVING
SAUTEED ASPARAGUS WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS RECIPES 13
GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ASPARAGUS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
THE BEST OVEN ROASTED GARLIC PARMESAN ASPARAGUS RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook asparagus?First, a sauté in the skillet with olive oil, garlic, and thyme coaxes out the natural sweetness of the asparagus, while finishing it with a quick steam until the stalks are crisp-tender locks in vitamins like A and C. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and thyme sprigs. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
How to saute vegetables with herbs and garlic?Sauteed Vegetables with Herbs and Garlic. Simple vegetable saute with a lot of flavor! Ingredients. Instructions. Cook carrots in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Heat the oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, tarragon, and thyme; sauté about 30 seconds.
How do you reheat cooked asparagus?Reheat the asparagus in a skillet over low heat, just until warmed through. I do not recommend freezing the asparagus, because it will have a mushy consistency when thawed. Add fresh herbs to the skillet, such as thyme, rosemary, parsley or basil for even more flavor. Crispy bacon is also a delicious addition!
How to welcome the new season with asparagus?Fat or thin, green or white or purple, tender stalks of asparagus are one of our favorite ways of welcoming the new season. Here we share 34 delicious ways to savor our favorite spring vegetable. Fresh asparagus in the produce aisle is a sure sign of spring.