Sea scallops and bay scallops differ in size and sweetness. They also cook a little differently. I love a good hard sear on a sea scallop, a little crust, and a splash of wine in the butter at the end to provide a silky acidity against the sweet of the meat. For the tiny, sweet bay scallop, though, I prefer a gentle butter bath. Whichever you cook, be very careful not to overcook. Indeed, there is almost no such thing as an undercooked scallop.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat, and add to it 3 tablespoons of the butter. When it has melted and started to foam, place the scallops in the pan in a single layer, and season with a pinch or two of salt.
- Cook scallops without moving until the bottoms are golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, then turn them over, add the wine and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
A very simple recipe for how delicious it is! Just crush the garlic with the side of a chef's knife blade instead of chopping it, and using whole sprigs of rosemary allows them to be easily removed before serving.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Pati
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a medium size saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic and whole sprigs of rosemary to the saucepan. Add scallops, cook for 2 minutes on each side (or until desired consistency). Remove the garlic and rosemary from pan. Serve.
THE REALTOR'S SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE
I serve these delicious little gems on top of big crusty slices of garlic bread... YUM! It's supposed to serve 4 as a main dish but my DH and I finish this off ourselves. As an appetizer, it will serve 8. If you like my idea for serving, be sure to pick up a big loaf of Italian bread to make the garlic bread (it's not in the ingredient list). I found this in a magazine some time ago.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Realtor by day
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper, dust with flower.
- Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Add scallops, saute until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove skillet from heat. Using tongs, transfer scallops to a platter.
- Add butter, lemon juice, water, and mustard to skillet and scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan. Place skillet over medium-low heat and whisk until sauce simmers and thickens, about 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- To serve place scallops on top of garlic bread slices and drizzle the sauce over top.
SAUTEED SCALLOPS WITH WITH LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add scallops; sauté until brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat. Using tongs, transfer scallops to platter. Add butter, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and mustard to skillet and scrape up browned bits. Place skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk until sauce simmers and thickens, about 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper; spoon over scallops.
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Remove tough muscle from side of each scallop if necessary. Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. In a 10-to 12-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté scallops 1 to 2 minutes on each side (depending on size), or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer scallops with tongs to a plate and keep warm, covered loosely.
- In oil remaining in skillet cook shallot over moderate heat, stirring, until softened. Add wine and boil, scraping up brown bits, 1 minute. Stir in water and mustard and simmer until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Add butter and swirl skillet, returning skillet to heat as necessary, until butter is just incorporated into sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto a small platter or 2 plates. Top sauce with scallops and sprinkle with scallion. Serve scallops with caraway rice cakes.
ROASTED SALMON WITH SCALLOPS AND MUSTARD BUTTER
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the salmon piece or fillets skin-side up in a shallow ovenproof dish. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile gently melt the butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and dill. Season to taste. Remove the salmon from the oven and arrange the scallops round it, baste with the mustard sauce.
- Return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Slice the salmon quite thickly and serve on top of the spinach rocket and spoon over the mustard butter.
More recipes about "sauteed sea scallops with mustard sauce"
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS RECIPE IN WINE SAUCE - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
2020-02-29 · Add 3 tablespoons of white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the chopped green onions and saute for a few more minutes. Turn the heat off, remove the pan from the heat and return the scallops back to the pan, basting them with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cajun and paprika, use about half of the ⅛ teaspoon for each spice. We will use the other ⅛ teaspoon after they are flipped.
PAN-SEARED SCALLOPS WITH LEMON GARLIC SAUCE - JESSICA GAVIN
2020-08-07 · Using the same pan to cook the scallops, turn the heat up to medium. Add in garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add in lemon juice and lemon zest, scrape the pan to remove any browned bits and stir into the sauce, cook for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and whisk in Dijon mustard …
- Combine salt and hot water in a medium bowl, stir until the salt is mostly dissolved. Add ice cubes, once the water is cold add scallops. Brine scallops for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large 12-inch pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Once hot, add scallops to the pan in a single layer. Gently press on them with a spatula so they make direct contact with the pan. Pan sear until golden brown on the surface, not moving them, about 3 minutes.
SAUTEED SCALLOPS PERFECT SUMMER DINNER - BLANK SLATE
2017-07-31 · As promised after a few requests on my Instagram etc here as promised is my sauteed scallops recipe. It’s a perfect summer dinner in my opinion not complicated and just look at these babies,….. perfection. I am lucky enough to shop the restaurant walkin but when going to the market I look for dry packed sea scallops…
- Put flour in a shallow bowl add pepper and paprika and dust both sides. I omit salt because the scallops have their own so that is to your taste. Get your pan / oil / butter hot and sear scallops maybe in two batches. Again depending on your pan. You dont want to over crowd them. Brown on both sides and baste see photo this is a key step people often skip but so worth it for even cooking and browning. Plus cherish that melted butter. At the late 1 minute add your white wine to the pan and deglaze it - you can even remove your scallops if your worried they will over cook than add the wine and pour the jus over the scallops for resting phase and when platingWhen they are done cooking place on a plate to rest for 2 - 3 minutes so juices cool a bit and remain in the scallop.
- I like to serve them on a bed of something, mashed potatoes as I did here or brown rice or even a quinoa and than have crunchy salad or slaw. Voila dinner is served and if your feeling fancy take time with plating and garnish with lemon wedge, parsley etc
SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CAJUN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - CLOSET ...
2017-02-22 · 2 teaspoons cajun mustard (or grainy mustard) 1 tablespoon lemon juice. salt and pepper to taste. 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped. directions. Pat the scallops dry and press on the cajun seasoning. Met the butter into the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the scallops …
SAUTEED SCALLOPS IN PINEAPPLE/RUM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2006-11-04 · Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Dip scallops in egg, dredge in panko/nut mixture, and saute in butter until golden - about two to four minutes. Spoon some sauce on a plate. Place cooked scallops on sauce, spoon some sauce …
- Reduce rum and brown sugar. At the same time, reduce white wine and shallots by half. Then combine both parts and continue to reduce, adding cream. When mixture thickens, whip in chunks of butter. Add pineapple. Set sauce aside, keeping warm.
SAUTéED SCALLOPS WITH WHITE WINE REDUCTION RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2008-04-16 · Combine first 6 ingredients; set aside. Step 2 Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- Pour wine mixture into pan; cook over medium-high heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Spoon sauce over scallops; sprinkle scallops with parsley.
PAN SEARED SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD-CAPER SAUCE RECIPE ...
2017-08-01 · In a sauce pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic over medium heat; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine, capers, mustard, and lemon juice to pan. Bring the mixture to a …
- In a medium, nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the scallops, flat side down, in the pan; cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until they are gold brown. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
- In a sauce pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic over medium heat; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine, capers, mustard, and lemon juice to pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 6-7 minutes or until the wine has reduced slightly. Stir in the lemon zest, butter, and parsley. Once the butter has melted remove from the heat. Immediately add the scallops to pan; toss gently in the sauce and serve.
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE — THE MUSTARD SEED ...
2019-02-11 · Pat Scallops dry while heating olive oil in a saute pan or cast iron skillet . Season generously with seafood seasoning blend. Saute scallops on med high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. With scallops removed, cook onions until translucent. De-glaze pan with beer, add mustard, and stir until thoroughly mixed
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
2010-05-12 · Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 10- to 12 inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat till warm but not smoking, then saute/fry scallops till golden brown and just cooked through, 1 to 2 1/2 min on each side, depending on size. Transfer scallops to a plate, cover loosely and keep hot.
SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - TFRECIPES.COM
Add scallops; sauté until brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat. Using tongs, transfer scallops to platter. Add butter, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and mustard to skillet and scrape up browned bits. Place skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk until sauce simmers and thickens, about 2 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper; spoon over scallops.
See details ››
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - PLAIN.RECIPES
Directions. Remove tough muscle from side of each scallop if necessary. Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. In a 10-to 12-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saute scallops 1 to 2 minutes on each side …
See details ››
SERIOUSLY GOOD SCALLOPS SAUTéED IN MISO BUTTER SOY SAUCE ...
2021-08-03 · Top with scallops and pour pan sauce over the scallops and bok choy. The recipe is from plenty, an excellent cookbook that i happen to. Turn heat to medium and to the pan, add the butter, mirin, seasoned rice vinegar, soy sauce, miso, mustard and water. Lol] that i used one kind of soy sauce, a third of the butter, . Toss the cooked soba noodles in the miso dressing and top them with the . The ...
See details ››
SAUTéED MAINE SCALLOPS WITH LEMON-MUSTARD SAUCE - DOWNEAST ...
1 tsp Dijon mustard Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add scallops and sauté until browned to your liking (1-2 minutes per side).
See details ››
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS - TFRECIPES.COM
Melt butter in olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry scallops until browned and opaque, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to a plate and keep warm. Stir wine, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic into skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour lemon-wine sauce over scallops to serve.
See details ››
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD ...
Sauteed Sea Scallops with Mustard Sauce Recipe. Previous Next. 3/4 pound sea scallops; 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil; 1 large shallot, minced; 1/4 cup dry white wine; 1/3 cup water; 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard; 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits; 2 scallion greens, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 tablespoons) Accompaniment: caraway rice cakes; Remove tough muscle from ...
See details ››
SAUTEED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | YUMMLY ...
Oct 29, 2012 - Sauteed Sea Scallops With Mustard Sauce With Sea Scallops, Olive Oil, Shallot, Dry White Wine, Water, Dijon Mustard, Unsalted Butter, Scallion Greens
See details ››