SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI
This pumpkin ravioli recipe may sound complicated, but if you organize yourself, it really isn't. The result will be pure pumpkin heaven. I like to sprinkle the ravioli with Parmesan as well. You can also add salt and pepper to taste to the rich, sage sauce. -Christopher Presutti, Jacksonville, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Place 2-1/2 cups flour in a large bowl; make a well in the center. Beat eggs and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pumpkin and shallot in butter until tender. Add the sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until blended. Return to the pan; stir in cream and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. , Divide pasta dough into fourths; pat into rectangle and roll one portion at a time to 1/8-in. thickness. (Keep remaining dough covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with egg. Fold sheet over; press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling., Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer; cook for 1-2 minutes or until ravioli float to the top and are tender. Drain and keep warm., In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil; cook, uncovered, until reduced by half. Stir in butter and sage. Serve with ravioli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 696 calories, Fat 48g fat (28g saturated fat), Cholesterol 304mg cholesterol, Sodium 317mg sodium, Carbohydrate 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
- Mix the cheese, pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the nutmeg. Set filling aside.
- Mix the flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the flour. Beat the tomato paste, oil, and eggs until well blended, and pour into the well in the flour. Stir with a fork, gradually bring the flour mixture to the center of the bow until the dough makes a ball. If the dough is too dry, mix in up to 2 tablespoons water.
- Knead lightly on a floured cloth-covered surface, adding flour if dough is sticky, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover, and let rest for another 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll the dough, one part at a time, into a rectangle about 12 x 10 inches. Keep the rest of the dough covered while working.
- Drop 2 level teaspoons filling onto half of the rectangle, about 1 1/2 inches apart in 2 rows of 4 mounds each. Moisten the edges of the dough, and the dough between the rows of pumpkin mixture with water. Fold the other half of the dough up over the pumpkin mixture, pressing the dough down around the pumpkin. Cut between the rows of filling to make ravioli; press the edges together with a fork, or cut with a pastry wheel. Seal edges well. Repeat with the remaining dough and pumpkin filling. Place ravioli on towel. Let stand, turning once, until dry, about 30 minutes.
- Cook ravioli in 4 quarts of boiling salted water until tender; drain carefully.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.8 calories, Carbohydrate 35.7 g, Cholesterol 61.7 mg, Fat 4.5 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 7.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 573.6 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
More about "savory pumpkin ravioli recipes"
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE RAVIOLI RECIPE WITH BROWN BUTTER ...
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Combine the pumpkin, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, ½ teaspoon salt, nutmeg, and garlic powder in a medium bowl and stir well. Add enough of the cream to smooth out the filling but not thin it out. You want a thick filling, not a sauce.
- Lay 18 wonton wrappers on a cutting board; place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each. Brush the edges with a little water. Place a second wonton wrapper on top, sealing the edges with your fingers or the tines of a fork, pressing out any air bubbles around the filling and leaving about an ⅛-inch border all around.
- Drop the ravioli into the boiling water. Cook until the ravioli float to the top, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the ravioli from the water with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels. Try to keep them from touching; they will stick together.
BEST PUMPKIN RAVIOLI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN RAVIOLI
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 55 mins
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
5/5 (4)Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- On the stovetop, begin heating a stockpot of water to cook the ravioli., Place your measured canned pumpkin in a fine sieve, cover the top with plastic wrap, and weigh it down with another can or bottle.
- You want to drain excess moisture from the pumpkin, but not squish it through the sieve; about 15 to 20 minutes is sufficient., To make the pumpkin filling: In a medium-sized skillet melt the butter, and add the diced onion.
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI | KING ARTHUR BAKING
VEGAN PUMPKIN RAVIOLI - VEGANOSITY
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Entree, Main CourseCalories 325 per serving
PUMPKIN RAVIOLI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN RAVIOLI
Cuisine American, Comfort Food, ItalianEstimated Reading Time 7 minsServings 4-6Total Time 21 mins
- For the filling: Melt the butter with the garlic in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes to release the garlic flavor.
PUMPKIN RAVIOLI WITH SAGE AND BROWN BUTTER | 12 TOMATOES
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory Dinner
- Mix pumpkin puree, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a bowl until well-blended.
- Lay 12 wonton sheets on a lightly floured cutting board. Place 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin puree into the center of each wonton sheet.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Gently brush egg wash onto the corners of the wonton squares. Place a second wonton sheet over the top of each ravioli, then gently press the edges together to remove any excess air.
PUMPKIN RAVIOLI WITH BROWN BUTTER SAUCE - SAVORY SIMPLE
5/5 (2)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 412 per serving
- To assemble the ravioli you need egg wash, more semolina and a round cookie cutter. Egg wash one sheet of pasta and use the large cutter to gently map out a row of ravioli without actually cutting them. Drop about a teaspoon of filling in the center of each ravioli.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. As the butter begins to simmer, begin whisking constantly until the milk solids begin to brown. This will take about 5 minutes.
13 SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
- Spicy Roasted Butternut Pumpkin. From Milk and Honey. This recipe for Spicy Roasted Butternut Pumpkin will surely warm up your kitchen this autumn. Generous slices of butternut pumpkin are perfectly seasoned with a blend of coriander, oregano, fennel, and chilli then baked until tender.
- Balsamic Glazed Pumpkin with Walnuts. Mellow autumn weather is not far away, and this very simple recipe will leave you with some warm spices to walk you through the upcoming fall.
- Pumpkin Quesadilla. Transform your favorite Mexican dish into a dinner filled with fall flavor with this delicious recipe for Pumpkin Quesadillas.
- Roast Pumpkin Artichoke Thyme Pizza. From Le Pirate via BuzzFeed. Combine your love for pizza and pumpkin with a delicious twist on an classic. This roast pumpkin artichoke thyme pizza is full of unique flavors and distinct tastes that will satisfy the pickiest of eaters.
- Roasted Pumpkin Quiche. Pumpkin for breakfast? Why not! It’s pumpkin season and if you love the flavor pumpkin adds to your palette, you’ll love this roasted pumpkin quiche.
- Pumpkin Cheddar Mac and Cheese. From Taste and Tell Blog. Talk about the ultimate comfort food. This Pumpkin Cheddar Mac and Cheese is the perfect way to add a pumpkin flavored twist to a classic dish.
- Pumpkin Ricotta Gnochi. From Hank Shaw via Simply Recipes. Pumpkin ravioli with brown butter and sage is a classic dish for a reason: the color, texture, and flavor of winter squash and sage seasoned browned butter are a match made in heaven.
- Pumpkin Lasagna. This Pumpkin Lasagna is one of those meatless dishes that I could happily eat every day. Layers of perfectly seasoned creamy pumpkin puree and creamy ricotta are nestled between sheets of tender homemade pasta for a hearty and warming dinner dish.
- The Perfect Bite Pumpkin Fettuccine. From Jess Simpson via Camille Styles. Strap on the stretchy pants and get ready to join in on Jess’s latest pumpkin cooking craze.
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce and Pecans. From Julia’s Album. Pumpkin Ravioli with brown butter sauce and pecans with everything made from scratch.
20+ SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES | EATINGWELL
20 QUICK SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES FOR FALL - RECIPEMAGIK
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI | RECIPE | PUMPKIN RAVIOLI, PUMPKIN ...
3.8/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsServings 6
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI | RECIPE | PUMPKIN RAVIOLI, RECIPES ...
3.8/5 (6)Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsServings 6
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI RECIPE
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI RECIPE - SOPHISTICATED WOMAN MAGAZINE
HALLOWEEN DINNER IDEAS FOR ADULTS : HALLOWEEN RECIPES ...
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI | RECIPE | PUMPKIN RAVIOLI, RAVIOLI ...
20 SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY | ALLRECIPES
30 SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
SAVORY PUMPKIN RAVIOLI RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
41 SAVORY PUMPKIN RECIPES | SAVORY PUMPKIN DISHES FOR FALL ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What to serve with pumpkin ravioli?The Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce is easy to make and pairs perfectly with the pumpkin ravioli. It would be great with other pastas, too. Check out last years #PumpkinWeek recipes: Read on after the Pumpkin Ravioli with Parmesan Sage Cream Sauce recipe to see all the other #PumpkinWeek Recipes being shared today.
How long do you boil Ravioli for?Repeat with the remaining dough and pumpkin filling. Place ravioli on towel. Let stand, turning once, until dry, about 30 minutes. Cook ravioli in 4 quarts of boiling salted water until tender; drain carefully.
How do you fill ravioli with filling?Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with egg. Fold sheet over; press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bring a stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli.
Is brown butter sauce good for ravioli?The brown butter sauce is absolutely amazing. It takes a bit of effort, but making homemade ravioli is so worth the time. And this pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sauce is absolutely mouthwatering. You’ll want 2 cookie cutters that are sized slightly differently, one to shape and the other to cut the ravioli.