ROASTED POTATOES AND FENNEL
- Toss 1 pound halved fingerling potatoes with 1 sliced fennel bulb, 1 sliced white onion, 6 sliced garlic cloves, 8 sage leaves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees F until golden and crisp, 35 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway through. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Place garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs in bottom of prepared baking dish. Combine cream, coarse salt, and white pepper in large bowl.
- Cut off any stalks and fronds from fennel bulbs; discard stalks. Finely chop fennel fronds; cover and chill. Using V-slicer or mandoline, thinly slice fennel bulbs. Layer half of fennel slices evenly atop garlic and rosemary in baking dish. Peel potatoes and place immediately in large bowl of cold water to prevent discoloration. Working with 1 potato at a time, use a V-slicer or mandoline to thinly slice into rounds. Immediately add potatoes to bowl with cream mixture, turning to coat potatoes. Arrange half of potato slices evenly over fennel slices in baking dish, reserving cream mixture in bowl. Repeat layering with remaining fennel slices, then remaining potato slices. Pour cream mixture in bowl over fennel-potato mixture in baking dish. Dot with butter cubes. Cover baking dish with foil, doming foil slightly (do not allow foil to touch potatoes).
- Bake scalloped potatoes until almost tender when pierced with knife, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Remove foil and bake uncovered until potatoes are tender and top is deep golden brown, about 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: butter, garlic, flour, milk, salt, pepper, yukon potatoes, grated parmesan cheese, fresh parsley
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small pot, melt the butter and fry the garlic until it's just starting to brown. Add the flour, salt and pepper. whisk until there are no lumps.
- Slowly drizzle in the milk while constantly whisking to make sure the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Slice the potatoes into about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick slices, then fan them out in a small baking dish.
- Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 7 grams
FENNEL-POTATO AU GRATIN
The tender potato slices in this cozy casserole have a mild fennel flavor with a hint of nutmeg. Add a creamy sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan, and you have a homey side dish your family will ask for again and again. -Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes and fennel; set aside. , In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. , Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 34mg cholesterol, Sodium 423mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CRISPY POTATOES WITH FENNEL
These thinly sliced potatoes with fresh fennel flavor are the perfect side dish to accompany a roast dinner.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 475°F. Rinse fennel thoroughly. Trim and discard root end of fennel bulb. Trim stalks from fennel bulb, reserving fronds for another use. Thinly slice bulb.
- In 9-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Arrange half of the potato slices in skillet. Layer with fennel slices and remaining potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped thyme, the salt and pepper. Cover with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are lightly browned. Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with thyme leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fat 1, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 480 mg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the inside of a 10-by-15-by-2-inch (10-cup) baking dish.
- Remove the stalks from the fennel and cut the bulbs in half lengthwise. Remove the cores and thinly slice the bulbs crosswise, making approximately 4 cups of sliced fennel. Saute the fennel and onions in the olive oil and butter on medium-low heat for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Peel the potatoes, then thinly slice them by hand or with a mandoline. Mix the sliced potatoes in a large bowl with 2 cups of cream, 2 cups of Gruyère, salt, and pepper. Add the sauteed fennel and onion and mix well.
- Pour the potatoes into the baking dish. Press down to smooth the potatoes. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of cream and 1/2 cup of Gruyère and sprinkle on the top. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until the potatoes are very tender and the top is browned and bubbly. Allow to set for 10 minutes and serve.
SCALLOPED FENNEL AND POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and lightly butter two 3-quart gratin dishes (about 15 by 10 by 2 inches).
- Mince garlic and in a large bowl whisk together with 4 cups cream, broth, flour, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Trim fennel stalks flush with bulbs, reserving stalks for another use, and cut bulbs crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Divide fennel into 4 equal portions. Peel potatoes and with a mandoline or other manual slicer cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Divide potatoes into 6 equal portions. In 1 gratin dish arrange 1 portion potatoes, spreading evenly, and top with 1 portion fennel slices. Top fennel with a second portion potatoes, spreading evenly. Season layer with salt and pepper and top with a second portion fennel. Pour half of cream mixture over fennel and top with a third portion potatoes, overlapping them. Press down on potatoes to temporarily submerge them in cream mixture.
- Repeat layering in second gratin dish.
- Melt butter. Brush scalloped vegetables with all of butter and bake in upper and lower thirds of oven 30 minutes. Remove gratin dishes from oven and pour 1/2 cup remaining cream evenly over each top potato layer. Season scalloped vegetables with salt and pepper and bake, switching positions of dishes in oven, 30 minutes more, or until tops are golden and potatoes are tender. Scalloped vegetables may be baked 1 day ahead and cooled completely before being chilled, covered. Bring scalloped vegetables to room temperature before reheating, covered.
More about "scalloped potatoes and fennel recipes"
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED FENNEL RECIPE | BON …
4.3/5 (93)Author Molly StevensServings 8Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. butter and oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add fennel; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel is evenly coated with fat and begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add wine and 1 bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated and fennel is golden brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add 1–2 Tbsp. water to deglaze pan, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan for added flavor. Discard bay leaf. Set fennel aside.
- Bring remaining bay leaf, potatoes, cream, milk, and garlic to a simmer in a large wide pot (watch carefully; do not let mixture boil over). Season with salt and pepper and cover with lid slightly ajar; simmer gently until potatoes are just tender and liquid has thickened, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf and garlic.
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL - BIGOVEN
5/5 (1)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs
ROASTED FENNEL AND FINGERLING POTATOES - RICARDO
POTATO-FENNEL GRATIN RECIPE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
CLASSIC SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | CANADIAN LIVING
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.4/5 (22)Author Josie Le BalchServings 12Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED FENNEL
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH FENNEL, MUSHROOMS, AND GOAT CHEESE …
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH FENNEL - BIGOVEN.COM
FENNEL GRATIN RECIPE : SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED FENNEL ...
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL FOOD- WIKIFOODHUB
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CARAMELIZED FENNEL - ANATHOTH …
SCALLOPED FENNEL AND POTATOES - PLAIN.RECIPES
SCALLOPED RED POTATOES WITH LEEKS AND FENNEL RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL - PLAIN.RECIPES
INA GARTEN SCALLOPED POTATOES - HALF-SCRATCHED
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
EASY SCALLOPED POTATOES | PICKLED PLUM
I TRIED INA GARTEN'S POTATO-FENNEL GRATIN | KITCHN
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | POTATO-FENNEL GRATIN (UPDATED) | RECIPES
SCALLOPED FENNEL-POTATOES AU GRATIN - EATSWRITESSHOOTS.COM
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | FENNEL …
FENNEL SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE - LILLY'S TABLE
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
CREAMY POTATO LEEK GRATIN WITH FENNEL AND GRUYERE
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL | RECIPE - PINTEREST.CA
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND CHICKEN WITH FENNEL | MYPLATE
FENNEL AND PARMESAN SCALLOPED POTATOES | RECIPES | STLTODAY.COM
SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH GOUDA AND FENNEL RECIPE - PCC …
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
FENNEL POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND CHICKEN WITH FENNEL - HAVE A PLANT
FENNEL SCALLOPED POTATOES - DENISON FARM
POTATO AND CELERIAC CAKES - HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE
SCALLOPED POTATOES AND FENNEL - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What does fennel do to scalloped potatoes?In this scalloped potatoes recipe, fennel adds an aromatic flavor that makes the traditionally heavy dish taste much lighter and fresher. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
How do you make a fennel and potato salad?Layer half of fennel slices evenly atop garlic and rosemary in baking dish. Peel potatoes and place immediately in large bowl of cold water to prevent discoloration. Working with 1 potato at a time, use a V-slicer or mandoline to thinly slice into rounds. Immediately add potatoes to bowl with cream mixture,...
How to cook potatoes and fennel for pasta?In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, combine potatoes and fennel. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat.
How to cook potatoes and fennel in a crock pot?Directions In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, combine the potatoes and fennel; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.