SHRIMP, SCALLOP, AND MUSHROOM SAUTE
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add in scallops; saute until they turn opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Add in shrimp; saute until they turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove scallops and shrimp to a plate.
- Add in onions, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms; saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes (add more butter, if necessary).
- Stir in wine, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cook until liquid is slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes.
- Return scallops and shrimp to sauce; cook until reheated and flavors are blended, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.1, Fat 8.2, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 172.9, Sodium 325.6, Carbohydrate 7.7, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 2, Protein 33.5
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS
I took a recipe for scallops with mushrooms from Emeril Lagase, and I added shrimp plus made a few other minor changes. This is the WONDERFUL recipe that I developed.
Provided by Alan Leonetti
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Season the scallops and shrimp with freshly ground pepper and set aside.
- In a 12 inch non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until smoking.
- Place the scallops in and DO NOT move them.
- Allow them to cook until crisp and golden brown, unmoved on same side for 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a 14 inch saute pan, heat remaining olive oil over high heat until smoking.
- Add shallots and saute until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices and add them to the saute pan.
- Toss 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the shrimp.
- Add the vinegar and turn shrimp until they are pink.
- Then add the frisee or endive.
- Toss quickly, season with salt and pepper to taste, and divide among 2 dinner plates.
- Without turning the scallops, remove scallops and arrange 8 on each plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
COQUILLES ST. JACQUES (SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS IN CREAM SAUCE)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and add the shallots. Cook briefly, stirring, and add the mushrooms. Cook until wilted and add the salt, pepper, and wine. Add the scallops and bring to the boil. Cook until all the scallops are heated through, stirring gently as necessary. Take care not to let the scallops overcook or they will toughen. Using a slotted spoon, remove and set aside the scallops and mushrooms. Reserve the liquid. There should be about 3/4 cup of liquid. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan and add the flour, stirring rapidly with a wire whisk. When blended add the reserved liquid, stirring until thickened and smooth. Add the milk and 1 cup of the cream. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of cayenne. Whip the remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Fold it into the sauce. Use 6 individual scallop shells or ramekins. Spoon equal portions of the scallops and mushrooms into each shell. Spoon the sauce over the scallop mixture. Preheat the broiler to high. Place the filled shells under the broiler about 6 inches from the source of heat and bake until a nice brown glaze forms on top. As the scallops broil, turn shells occasionally for even browning, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
SEA SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS
"This is a foolproof yet elegant way to make sea scallops, which are somewhat tricky," Lynnae Neuberger of Marshfield, Wisconsin says of her no-fuss main dish. "And it couldn't be simpler because it uses the microwave."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the scallops and mushrooms in a 9-in. glass pie plate or dish. Combine the wine, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over scallop mixture. , Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and microwave at 50% power 4 to 4-1/2 minutes longer or until scallops turn opaque. Stir in melted butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 407mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP SAUTé
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic cloves and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to high, add sliced mushrooms and sauté until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir 30 seconds. Add dry white wine and fresh lemon juice and bring to boil. Add shrimp and sliced green onions and stir 1 minute. Add scallops and stir until shrimp and scallops and stir until shrimp and scallops are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
SAUTEED MUSHROOMS AND SCALLOPS
I was out at a cabin when one of my guests brought in some scallops. Since I had some mushrooms, onions, and garlic, I combined the ingredients to create this dish. This recipe is quick and easy to make and requires only one pan to complete. Necessity really is the mother of invention!
Provided by Evelyn Chartres
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, cumin, and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add scallops; cook and stir until opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.6 calories, Carbohydrate 11.7 g, Cholesterol 70.9 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 698.9 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SAUTEED SCALLOPS & SHRIMP PASTA
I created this tempting seafood pasta for my wife. It's a terrific meal served with crusty sourdough. If you don't like spice, skip the red pepper flakes. -George Levinthal, Goleta, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Pat shrimp and scallops dry; sprinkle with seafood seasoning., In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms about 3 minutes. Add peas; cook until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove. Add shallots and 1 tablespoon butter; cook and stir until starting to soften, 1-2 minutes. Stir in wine; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until ready to serve., Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pan. Over low heat, stir in 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, mushroom mixture and remaining butter, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten., In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and shrimp; sear until scallops are golden brown and firm and shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Combine with pasta and sauce; sprinkle with remaining parsley., ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 733 calories, Fat 35g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 210mg cholesterol, Sodium 1263mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 47g protein.
SEA SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH CHAMPAGNE BUTTER SAUCE
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet (or two skillets, if necessary). Add the mushrooms and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and cook briefly. Do not brown. Stir and add the champagne. Keep stirring until the champagne is almost evaporated. Add the cream and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce to two-thirds over high heat.
- Add the scallops and shrimp. Add salt and pepper. Add the Tabasco and bring to a boil over high heat for 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 356, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 27 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 927 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SEA SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS AND SHERRY
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallops, turning over once, until browned well and just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and loosely cover.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Add shallots and garlic and sauté, stirring, 2 minutes. Add Sherry, vinegar, soy sauce, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Cut remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small pieces.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until incorporated. Spoon sauce over scallops.
More about "scallops and shrimp with mushrooms recipes"
SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS MORNAY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (1)Servings 10
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a Dutch oven over low heat; add shallots, and sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Add mushrooms and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are just tender. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in Dutch oven over medium heat; add shrimp, and saute 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Add to mushroom mixture.
- Bring scallops and half-and-half to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Pour through a wire-mesh strainer into a small bowl; add scallops to mushroom mixture. Reserve half-and-half.
RECIPES FOR SCALLOPS AND MUSHROOMS
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
10 BEST SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPES | YUMMLY
LA MIA CUCINA: PAN SEARED SHRIMP & SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOM …
PASTA WITH SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP IN A TOMATO MUSHROOM SAUCE
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS - CHAMPSDIET.COM
TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS - COOKED BY JULIE
CREAMY TUSCAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS | THE BLOND COOK
RECIPES FOR SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS
10 BEST SEAFOOD CASSEROLE SCALLOPS SHRIMP RECIPES
SHRIMP AND BAY-SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE
SCALLOP AND SHRIMP MORNAY – RANTS RAVES AND RECIPES
SCALLOP STUFFED MUSHROOMS | DISHES DELISH
SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH MUSHROOMS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SCALLOPS, LENTILS AND MUSHROOMS WITH CREAMY MISO SAUCE
RECIPE: TASTY SHRIMP,SCALLOP AND MUSHROOM STUFFED PEPPERS
LOBSTER AND SCALLOP RISOTTO RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
168 EASY AND TASTY SHRIMP WITH SCALLOPS RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
SCALLOP AND SHRIMP STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
SHRIMP AND SEA SCALLOP STIR-FRY RECIPE
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (AND GARLIC!)
20 SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SCALLOPS WITH MUSHROOMS IN SHELLS RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP STUFFED MUSHROOM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
SEARED SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE RECIPE
SHRIMP AND SCALLOP STUFFED MUSHROOM - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP AND BAY-SCALLOP RISOTTO WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
SHRIMP, SCALLOP, AND MUSHROOM SAUTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #seafood #shrimp #dietary #shellfish #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook with mushrooms and scallops?Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, cumin, and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add scallops; cook and stir until opaque, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Mushrooms sauteed with red wine,...
How to cook shrimp with scallops and spinach?Season the shrimp and scallops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove them from the skillet. Add some butter and shallots to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the spinach and red crushed pepper, season with salt and pepper.
How to cook scallops and shrimp on the grill?With a slotted spoon, remove scallops and shrimp to a plate. Add in onions, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms; saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes (add more butter, if necessary). Stir in wine, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cook until liquid is slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes.
What is the best way to cook shrimp and mushrooms?—George Levinthal, Goleta, California Pat shrimp and scallops dry; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms about 3 minutes.