SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper; spray with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cookie mix, softened butter, egg, flour and 1 teaspoon almond extract until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces. Place 2 dough pieces on first cookie sheet. Press each piece into 12x2 1/2-inch rectangle, leaving 4 inches between rectangles. Place remaining piece of dough on second cookie sheet, and repeat shaping.
- Brush each rectangle with 1/2 teaspoon milk; sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds. Press almonds lightly into tops of dough.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown (center will look soft). Cool 1 minute. Using sharp knife, cut each log into 1-inch diagonal slices, making sure to cut completely through almond slices while cutting. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack, leaving slices on parchment paper. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 5 to 6 teaspoons milk until desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle 3 tablespoons almonds over tops. Let stand about 1 hour or until glaze is set. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
SWEDISH GROUND ALMOND SPRITZ COOKIES
This is an authentic Swedish Almond Spritz recipe handed down through the family from Swedish Ancestors. It's the only recipe I've ever know that includes real almonds and not just almond flavoring. It's a delectable cookie!
Provided by AKBELL
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned or until they give off an aroma. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely. Grind to a consistency resembling rough sand in a food processor or blender. Be sure almonds are cool, or you will make almond butter.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the almond extract and milk. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix in along with the ground toasted almonds to form a soft dough. Refrigerate the dough for 15 to 20 minutes. This will help the cookies keep their shape after pressing.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, and fill cookie press with dough. Press out cookies at least 1 inch apart depending on the size. You can experiment with different cookie designs. I've found most true Swedes tend to use the star shape, however, you're free to use whatever shape suits your fancy.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on the cookie sheets for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.1 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 14.1 mg, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 42.6 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES (COOKIE MIX)
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
Provided by Mom2Rose
Yield 30 cookies, 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour and 1 teaspoon almond extract until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press each into 12x3-inch rectangle.
- Brush each rectangle with 1 teaspoon milk; sprinkle with 1/3 cup almonds.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; cut into 1-inch diagonal slices.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 5 to 6 teaspoons milk until desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118.4, Fat 8, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 25.3, Sodium 35.2, Carbohydrate 10.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 8.2, Protein 2.1
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS
These cookies are my family's favorite cookie. They are simple to make, unique and pretty. A wonderful recipe to make for a cookie exchange. Take your recipe along, everyone will want a copy!
Provided by Marji Stark
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and almond extract; mix until fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces, and roll each one into a log about 12 inches long. Place 2 logs per cookie sheet 4 to 5 inches apart. Flatten each roll by hand until it is about 3 inches wide. Brush flattened roll with milk and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. While the cookies are still warm, cut them crosswise at a diagonal, into slices about 1 inch wide. When cool, drizzle with almond icing.
- Almond icing: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle over the cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.7 calories, Carbohydrate 10.4 g, Cholesterol 9.1 mg, Fat 2.6 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 48.1 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS
This has become a family favorite every year! If I don't make it my whole family teases me. I am sure that your family will love it too!
Provided by Katra Diesel
Categories Bar Cookie
Yield 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat margarine or butter till softened.
- Add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg and the 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture and beat till well mixed.
- Divide the dough into fourths, form each portion into a 12 inch roll.
- Place 2 of the rolls 4 to 5-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each roll till it is about 3 inches wide.
- Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Brush each flattened roll with milk and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of almonds each.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 12-14 minutes or till edges are lightly brown.
- While still warm, cut crosswise on the diagonal into 1 inch strips.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Stir together the powdered sugar, the almond extract and enough of the 3-4 teaspoons of milk to make a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over the cool bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58.4, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.3, Cholesterol 3.9, Sodium 40.2, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 6.7, Protein 0.8
More about "scandinavian almond cookies recipes"
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES – BAKING AND EGGS
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS – IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 90 seconds. Add egg and almond extract, and mix until incorporated, scraping down sides when necessary. Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat well.
- Divide dough into quarters and form each into a 12-inch log. Place two logs 4-5 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Using a rolling pin, flatten log until 3 inches wide (making a 12-inch by 3-inch rectangle. It doesn't have to be perfect.)
SWEDISH ALMOND COOKIE RECIPE – FUSION CRAFTINESS
5/5 (1)Category Dessert RecipesCuisine SwedishTotal Time 27 mins
- Ground almonds in a food processor. Add almonds and the rest of the ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, remove from heat.
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, and salt together and add slowly to the bowl. Mix until everything is well combined.
SWEDISH ALMOND CARDAMOM STARS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- To prepare cookies, weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda, cardamom, and salt in a food processor; process until blended. Add almond paste and butter; process until blended. Combine juice and oil. With processor on, slowly pour juice mixture through food chute; process until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough in half. Working with 1 portion at a time, gently press dough into a 4-inch square on heavy-duty plastic wrap. Cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll each half of dough, still covered, to a 1/4-inch thickness. Chill 1 hour.
- Working with 1 portion of dough at a time, remove top sheet of plastic wrap; turn dough over. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter into 24 stars; place stars 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough.
BEST OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES 2019: SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
Servings 2.5Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dessert
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES | RECIPE | ALMOND COOKIES ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Cuisine Danish, European, ScandinavianTotal Time 13 hrs 10 minsServings 55
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS COOKIE RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
BEST SITES ABOUT TRADITIONAL SWEDISH COOKIE RECIPES
SWEDISH S COOKIES RECIPES
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
11 SCANDINAVIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES | MIDWEST LIVING
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES (FAST, EASY AND DELICIOUS ...
SWEDISH BUTTER COOKIES (MANDEL KAKOR) - RELISH
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES - GFBAKINGFREE.COM
SWEDISH ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES RECIPES
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND BARS – THE SISTERS KITCHEN
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND COOKIES COOKIE MIX RECIPES
21 NORWEGIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES FOR A SCANDINAVIAN HOLIDAY
RECIPES FOR SCANDINAVIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIES
SCANDINAVIAN ALMOND CAKE | RECIPES FROM A MONASTERY KITCHEN
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make almond cookies?In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, powdered sugar and salt until smooth. Add in ground almonds, flour and egg. Slowly add water, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat until combined into a dough. Shape dough into small balls and crescents, using about ½-1 Tbsp of dough. Place on cookie sheet.
What are Swedish cookies made of?These Swedish 'dreams' are browned-butter cardamom cookies, each topped with a blanched almond. This very special cookie recipe delivers a Swedish-style treat with only four ingredients: eggs, sugar, walnuts, and almond extract. This is a standard Swedish recipe for butter cookies with a slight cinnamon accent.
What are almond Spritz cookies?Light and crisp, almond flavored Swedish cookies. This is an authentic Swedish Almond Spritz recipe handed down through the family from Swedish Ancestors. It's the only recipe I've ever know that includes real almonds and not just almond flavoring. It's a delectable cookie!
How do you bake a Swedish Cookie?Press out cookies at least 1 inch apart depending on the size. You can experiment with different cookie designs. I've found most true Swedes tend to use the star shape, however, you're free to use whatever shape suits your fancy. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are lightly browned.