I'm not sure where this recipe originated, but it's one of my family's summertime favorites. I usually serve these juicy mushroom burgers when we have company. The guests rave about the flavorful cheesy topping. It's fun to serve a burger that's a little more special. -Wendy Sommers, West Chicago, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper. Shape into 6 patties, 3/4 in. thick. , In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, bacon and mayonnaise; chill., Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes on each side. During the last 3 minutes, spoon 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture onto each burger. Serve on buns, with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480 calories, Fat 29g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 778mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
SWISS MUSHROOM BURGERS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the broiler and line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil. Lightly mix the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Gently form into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Arrange on the prepared pan and brush both sides with olive oil. Broil until browned, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 more minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Combine the ketchup and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- Top each patty with one-quarter of the mushroom mixture and 1 slice cheese. Return to the broiler to melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
- Spread the buns with the ketchup mixture; sandwich with the patties and some lettuce. Serve with chips and/or pickles.
SOUTHERN MUSHROOM-BEEF BURGERS
This recipe is sponsored by Mushroom Council. Mushrooms have a natural umami flavor and a meaty texture, so they blend well with ground beef. I love the combination!
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 6 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Make the pimiento cheese: In a bowl, mix both cheddars, the cream cheese, pimientos, mayonnaise, chives, garlic powder, cayenne and paprika. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the reserved pimiento liquid to loosen slightly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the patties: In a bowl, combine the beef, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon black pepper. Form into 6 extra-large patties, about 8 ounces each. Make a little indentation in the center of each patty.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the patties for 4 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 150˚ F to 155˚ F (I like my burger medium well), topping each patty with a large dollop of the pimiento cheese during the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking. If you like your patties more on the rare side, take them off the grill when the internal temperature reaches 140˚ F. Remove the patties and cover with foil for about 5 minutes. While the burgers rest, slather the buns with melted butter and place them on the grill for about a minute (keep an eye on them to avoid burning).
- Make the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. To assemble the burgers, spread the barbecue mayonnaise on the bottom buns. Top with the lettuce and tomatoes. Add the burgers, red onions and pickles. Place the bun tops on the burgers.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute shallot until translucent. Add mushrooms, garlic, carrots and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, until most of the liquid from mushrooms has evaporated. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl. Let cool. Stir in parsley, bread crumbs, egg, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. The mixing spoon should stand in the mixture. If not, add more bread crumbs Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shape mushroom mixture into 4 burgers. Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat and sear until golden on both sides. Crumble cheese over the top and place pan in oven for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove each burger to a bun and serve with traditional garnish of sliced onion, tomato and fries.
CHEESY, STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGERS
Mushrooms are wonderful and, these days, they are getting called upon to play so many different parts. One of the most popular things is to use mushrooms as a substitute for meat. It works well because they have such wonderful texture and heartiness. The portobello is the top dog of the cultivated mushroom world because it's large and can be a meal unto itself. They are cultivated mushrooms (as opposed to wild, foraged kinds) and are earthy and meaty. Regarding mushrooms in general: Wash them just before cooking (if they are dirty) so they are clean but don't sit around, waterlogged, in your fridge. Many people scrape the brown "ribs" out of the insides of the portobello and peel the outer skin. Why? I say leave everything on the mushroom (except dirt). Make sure you cook mushrooms long enough-they take longer than you think to reach full flavor.
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield 2 burgers
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Roast the mushrooms: Arrange the mushrooms, stem side up, onions and garlic cloves in a single layer on 1 prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with half of the olive oil. Drizzle 1/2 cup water around the mushrooms on the baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast in the center of the oven until the mushrooms shrink in size and become darker brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Bread the mushrooms: In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a splash of water. In another medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the granulated garlic. Dip each mushroom in the egg mixture and then coat completely with the breadcrumbs. Reserve everything.
- Fry the mushrooms: In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat until it begins to smoke. Add the mushrooms in a single layer. Cook on one side until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the second side until golden brown, another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the oil and arrange in a single layer on a clean baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the roasted garlic cloves and onion slices with the cheese. Add any remaining egg and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs leftover from the breading. Add the basil and mix well.
- Assemble and bake: On the same baking sheet, place 2 portobellos, stem-side up, with some distance between them. Pile half of the filling on each and then top with the remaining mushrooms, pressing gently but firmly down, so it forms a fairly compact sandwich. Bake until the cheese melts, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange the lettuce to form 2 cups. Drizzle some pickle juice and red wine vinegar into the cups. Season with salt and pepper and then top with some sliced pickles.
- Place each mushroom burger onto a bottom bun. Flip a lettuce cup onto each burger and top with the top bun. Serve.
Ready to turn over a new burger? I guarantee no one will be missing the beef after tasting these vegetarian burgers. They're moist, tender and full of flavor. -Denise Hollebeke, Penhold, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties., In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook until crisp and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with lettuce and if desired, tomato and mayonnaise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 121mg cholesterol, Sodium 736mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GARLIC & MUSHROOM BURGERS
- Heat grill to high. Rub the mushrooms with oil; set on a baking sheet. Grill for 3 mins on each side until cooked, but still firm. Mix the cheese, garlic, butter and seasoning in a bowl, then spoon into the mushrooms. Grill until the cheese melts, then stuff into toasted buns with salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 228 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 23 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 11 grams protein, Sodium 1.05 milligram of sodium
MUSHROOM BEEF BURGERS
- Remove ground beef from the refrigerator; let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Mix mushrooms, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Mix in beef. Form beef mixture into 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Grease an indoor grill pan with cooking spray. Cook patties in batches until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2.8 g, Cholesterol 68.8 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 20.1 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 358.2 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
MUSHROOM AND SWISS BURGER
- Mix golden mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce in a saucepan over low heat and simmer while you complete the remaining steps. Stir sauce occasionally.
- Mix ground beef with monosodium glutamate, seasoned salt, and black pepper in a bowl; form 4 patties from the ground beef and pan-fry in a skillet over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place each burger onto the bottom of a hamburger bun and top each with a slice Swiss-style processed cheese. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce over the cheese, place the bun tops onto the sandwiches, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 444.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.8 g, Cholesterol 91.9 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 28.4 g, SaturatedFat 9.4 g, Sodium 1450.9 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
GARLIC MUSHROOM BURGERS
Yummy burgers that are very simple and quick to prepare and can be topped with just about any kind of cheese. Works very will with a Foreman® grill. Also works well if you want to make the patties and refrigerate them for a few hours before cooking.
Provided by AquaKat
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix egg, garlic, salt, and mushrooms in a bowl. Add ground beef and mix until combined; divide into three patties.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 5 to 7 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 306.4 calories, Carbohydrate 3.2 g, Cholesterol 153.8 mg, Fat 19.5 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 28.3 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 483.2 mg, Sugar 1 g
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGERS
- Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, turning twice.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Brush grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 203.2 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 19.6 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 259.5 mg, Sugar 4.4 g
CHICKEN MUSHROOM BURGERS
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and wine or stock and simmer until the pan is completely dry, about 7 minutes. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the cooled mushroom mixture, ground chicken, breadcrumbs, eggs, basil, salt and some pepper in a large bowl. Blend well and then form into 4 patties. Cook the patties in a saute pan over medium to medium-high heat with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 4 to 5 minutes per side. (Or cook on the grill, or roast in a 425 degree F oven, until cooked through, about 12 minutes.)
- Cut the tomato into 4 thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Top each tomato slice with 1 tablespoon of the grated Parmesan. Split the 4 rolls, spread with softened butter and arrange cut-side up on the baking sheet with the tomatoes. Broil until the buns are toasted and the cheese is slightly melted, keeping a careful watch to prevent burning.
- Spread one side of the toasted buns with Dijon mustard before assembling the burgers and topping with lettuce.
COPYCAT SHAKE SHACK 'SHROOM BURGER
Vegetarians rejoice! Shake Shack has a cheese filled burger for you and it's gooood! You have to taste it to believe it. The ShackSauce is not to be missed.
Provided by EmKenBken
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together; mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickle brine, and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mushroom Stuffing:.
- Using 2 tablespoons of oil, lightly oil two rimmed baking sheets; place mushroom caps gill side down. Brush mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper. Place in preheated oven. Cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Set aside until completely cool. Using a sharp knife, slice mushrooms in half horizontally, making sure to cut two even slices, without holes.
- Mushroom Filling:.
- Meanwhile, make the mushroom filling. In a medium bowl combine: the cheeses, onion powder, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon flour, the egg yolks, and the cayenne pepper. Shape the filling into 8 equal patties, 1/2 inch smaller in diameter than the mushroom caps. Place prepared cheese patties on the gill side of each sliced mushroom cap, making sure to leave a 1/2 inch border. Top each with other side of mushroom pressing firmly around edges to seal filling inside. If it is difficult to seal mushroom patties filling remove some cheese mixture.
- Mushrooms Breading:.
- Place remaining flour in a wide dish. Place beaten eggs in another wide dish, place panko bread crumbs in a third wide dish, set aside.
- Dredge the stuffed mushroom caps in the flour, dip in egg, coating them completely, then dredge in the panko. Repeat beading steps again with mushrooms. Refrigerate breaded mushrooms while heating oil.
- Mushroom Frying:.
- In a medium sized heavy bottomed pot, fitted with a deep-frying thermometer, over medium-high, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. In batches, cook mushrooms, turning once, until deep golden brown on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes a side. Place mushrooms on prepared baking sheet to drain.
- Dividing evenly, top bottom buns with fried 'mushrooms, tomato, and lettuce. Spread tops of buns with ShackSauce. Close sandwiches. Serve Hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2201.4, Fat 195.1, SaturatedFat 24.3, Cholesterol 231.2, Sodium 1257.3, Carbohydrate 87.7, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 8.8, Protein 30.3
MUSHROOM VEGGIE BURGER
This is as close as I've ever gotten to a delicious non-meat burger. Mushrooms really give this a meaty flavor. I serve this like I serve a regular burger, on a nice fresh hamburger roll with spicy mayonnaise and a little lettuce.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the hot oil and season with salt, black pepper, and oregano. Cook and stir mushroom mixture until mushrooms have given up their juice and the juice has almost evaporated, about 10 minutes. Transfer cooked mushrooms to a cutting board and chop into small chunks with a knife.
- Transfer mushrooms to a large bowl. Mix in rolled oats and bread crumbs; taste for salt and black pepper and add more to taste. Stir Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into the mixture, followed by eggs. Let mixture stand for the crumbs to soak up excess liquid, about 15 minutes. (At this point you can refrigerate the mixture to cook later if desired.) Moisten hands with a little vegetable oil or water, pick up about 1/4 cup of mixture, and form into burgers.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and pan-fry burgers until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254.5 calories, Carbohydrate 22.5 g, Cholesterol 66.8 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 11.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 630.3 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
Really tasty and full or flavour recipe, great for vegeratians.
Provided by sarah_clk
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Slice 2 large beefy mushrooms in to thick slices.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add mushrooms in to the mixture and fully coat. Season and cover. Refrigerate overnight or for as long as you can.
- Heat up a pan and add a little oil. Cook mushrooms in small batches on a high heat. Baste with the yoghurt mixture.
- Serev in bread rolls. Really nice with slices of mozorella and tomato ketchup.
More about "schroom burgers recipes"
BEST SHAKE SHACK SHROOM BURGER RECIPE - FOOD52
Reviews 11Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Entree
- For the mushroom caps, preheat the oven to 375° F. Put mushroom caps on a medium baking pan. Rub caps all over with 1/4 cup of canola oil, then season both sides with the salt and pepper. Arrange mushrooms gill side down in a single layer and roast until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Slice mushrooms in half horizontally (through their bellies, like you're slicing a hamburger bun).
MAGIC MUSHROOM BURGER | SHROOM RECIPES
Author Kelley Carter
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER | GRILL, STOVE OR OVEN METHOD
10 BEST MUSHROOM SAUCE BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST VEGAN MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLASSIC HAMBURGER TOPPED WITH SAUTéED MUSHROOMS
MUSHROOM BURGERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE EVER - SLAP DASH MOM
HOW TO MAKE SHAKE SHACK’S ’SHROOM BURGER | VOGUE
VEGGIE MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST MUSHROOM SPINACH BURGERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SAUTéED ‘SHROOM BURGER WITH GARLIC PARMESAN BUTTER - EATING IN …
MAGIC MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPES | YUMMLY
MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER RECIPE - SEASONED COOKS
MUSHROOM VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE (VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE)
MUSHROOM BURGERS | RECIPES WIKI | FANDOM
BEST MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER RECIPE - BEST BEEF RECIPES
MUSHROOM BURGERS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GARLIC PARMESAN SHROOM BURGERS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
MUSHROOM MERLOT BURGERS: RECIPE
MUSHROOM-SMOTHERED BEEF BURGERS - CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
BEEF AND MUSHROOM BURGERS | RECIPES | AGUPDATE.COM
SWISS MUSHROOM BURGERS (QUICK & EASY) | RECIPETIN EATS
MUSHROOM BURGER - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
MUSHROOM SWISS BURGERS WITH TRUFFLE AIOLI - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEST PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ... - DELISH
GRILLED MUSHROOM SWISS BURGER RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SKILLET BURGERS WITH CREAMY MUSHROOMS RECIPE - COOK WITH …
SWISS MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER - SIMPLE JOY
4-INGREDIENT, EASY BLENDED MUSHROOM BURGERS
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #lunch #main-dish #beef #vegetables #easy #stove-top #dietary #sandwiches #mushrooms #ground-beef #meat #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook mushrooms in a Burger?Directions In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute shallot until translucent. Add mushrooms, garlic, carrots and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, until most of the liquid from mushrooms has evaporated. Shape mushroom mixture into 4 burgers.
How do you Make A Perfect Burger?—Denise Hollebeke, Penhold, Alberta In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook until crisp and lightly browned, 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with lettuce and if desired, tomato and mayonnaise.
What is a Swiss Mushroom Burger?Big, juicy Swiss Mushroom Burgers are a mighty vegetarian burger that at first glance, looks like a beef burger! Faster to make than my signature Veggie Burgers, large mushrooms are roasted with garlic butter, topped with Swiss cheese then stuffed into fully loaded soft rolls. Excellent use of portobello and BBQ Flat Mushrooms.
How do you cook burgers in a skillet with soup?Reduce the heat to medium and heat the oil in the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the remaining soup, Worcestershire and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the burgers are done.