- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Stir in green onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine spinach, dill, eggs, feta, salt and pepper. Add reserved green onions, and mix well.
- Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo pastry, brush with melted butter, and sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs. Lay another sheet directly on top of the first sheet; repeat butter and breadcrumb steps. Continue to do this until you have 10 layers.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of spinach mixture (in a sausage-like shape) along longer edge of the top sheet. Roll it up, place on baking sheet, and brush lightly with butter. Score off 1-inch rounds by marking with a knife for easier cutting later. Repeat process with the remaining pastry sheets. You will have 4 rolls total when finished.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Cut into individual servings where you have marked. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152 calories, Carbohydrate 12.2 g, Cholesterol 32.8 mg, Fat 10.1 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 189.8 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saute pan, add the scallions and garlic and cook over medium-low heat until the scallions are soft, approximately 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and stir.
- Shred the crabmeat into a bowl and mix with the parsley, lime juice, salt, to taste, and pepper. Add the crabmeat to the scallion mixture.
- Melt 10 tablespoons of butter in a small pan and set aside.
- Unfold 1 sheet of the phyllo dough. Brush the sheet with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Repeat the process by laying a second sheet of phyllo dough over the first sheet, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs until 5 sheets have been used. Spoon a 1-inch wide row of the crab mixture along 1 edge of the phyllo dough. Roll it up. Brush the top with butter and set aside. Repeat the entire process using the all the phyllo dough and crab filling.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. Score the crab strudel diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces and bake for 12 minutes, or until the top is lightly brown. Slice and serve.
Number Of Ingredients 24
- SAUCE PREPARATION Make a light roux with the flour and butter over low heat stirring constantly until bubbly. Remove from heat--add mustard, pinch of salt and the pepper. Slowly stir in milk. Place over med heat and cook, stirring until mixture bubbles and thickens. Add cream and test for seasonings-adjust if necessery. Cover and chill until very thick and firm. About 2 hrs. FILLING INGREDIENTS AND ASSEMBLY Prehat oven to 375: butter a baking sheet. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan and dry mustard in a small bowl. Place phyllo on the baking sheet and layer seafood evenly, leaving an inch at each end for closing the roll. Sprinlke with Swiss cheese and chopped egg. Dot with sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley, shallots, chives and minced garlic. Dot with chilled sauce. Roll like a jelly role or make into a loaf, (original recipe looked like a fish loaf cooked like a wellington) and tuck in ends. Brush with melted butter-bake 12 min. Remove from oven and brush with more melted butter. Slice diagonally with a serrated knife into 1 &1/2 inch pieces--push slces together to reform loaf. Add parsley to remaining butter and brush again. Bake another 35 to 40 min, brushing with butter 3 more times until crisp and golden brown--serve on a heated platter and garnish. Really rich and good!!!
More about "seafood strudel recipes"
SEAFOOD STRUDEL - THRIFTY FOODS
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
POLISH, HUNGARIAN, AND CROATIAN, STRUDEL RECIPES
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
SEAFOOD STRUDEL RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 255 per serving
- Heat butter and saute/fry onion and mushrooms till all liquid is gone. The final mix shouldn't be runny. Add in shellfish and fish and stir. Remove from heat and add in parsley, ricotta, Large eggs, salt and pepper and mix well. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a large baking sheet, or possibly use a non stick one. Place 2 sheets of Phyllo pastry on sheet and cover the rest with a damp cloth. to prevent drying. Brush the pastry lightly with melted butter out to the edges and repeat remaining sheets, brushing every second sheet with butter. Spoon seafood mix in a long even shaped down the center of the pastry. Carefully fold pastry and roll into a strudel. Tuck ends under and brush with butter. Reduce heat to 375 and bake strudel 30 min, till the top is browned. Brush top with melted butter twice during baking. Cold slightly, slice and serve.
- Noreen Says: This makes a wonderful dish for a special occaision for your family or possibly for company.
SEAFOOD & CHEESE STRUDEL WITH LEMON SAUCE & BANANA SOUFFLé ...
Cuisine SeafoodCategory Main CourseServings 8Total Time 2 hrs
- Add fish to pan of cold water, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer few minutes or until fish is just tender. Remove fish from pan, combine in bowl with chopped prawns, mussels and tasty cheese. Melt butter in pan, add flour, stir until smooth cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk and sour cream, stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens, remove from heat, stir in shallots and lemon juice, stir in seafood mixture, cool to room temperature. (Note: I used crab meat not mussels). Brush a sheet of pastry with extra butter, top with another sheet of pastry, brush with butter, sprinkle with about a tablespoon of the combined breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley and mustard. Repeat buttering between each layer of pastry and sprinkling with breadcrumb mixture between every second layer, until half the pastry has been used. Place half the seafood mixture along the long side of the pastry, leaving a 5cm border. Fold sides in, rollup like a Swiss roll. Bru
- Heat butter and garlic in pan,, lemon juice, lemon rind and saffron; stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
SEAFOOD STRUDEL RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 16Total Time 1 hrCategory < 60 MinsCalories 346 per serving
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a flat board and brush lightly with melted butter using a soft pastry brush.
WOODS HOLE SEAFOOD STRUDEL - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
SEAFOOD STRUDEL | CAPE COD LIFE
Servings 2Estimated Reading Time 40 secsCategory Appetizers/Snacks, Fish/Seafood
WOODS HOLE SEAFOOD STRUDEL RECIPE
4.6/5 (13)Total Time 1 hrServings 6Calories 463 per serving
SHIRLEY KING’S SEAFOOD STRUDEL — REAL BAKING WITH ROSE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
SEAFOOD STRUDEL RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Servings 12Category DessertAuthor The Restaurant SchoolSteps 8
CRAB STRUDEL – PUFF PASTRY
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
LOBSTER AND SEAFOOD STRUDEL - RECIPE | KING AND PRINCE SEAFOOD
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
SEAFOOD STRUDEL | RECIPE | STRUDEL RECIPES, RECIPES, COOKING
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
SEAFOOD STRUDEL IN PUFF PASTRY RECIPES
10 BEST SEAFOOD IN PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEAFOOD STRUDEL - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SEAFOOD STRUDEL | RECIPE | FOOD, STREUDEL RECIPE, SAVOURY FOOD
SEAFOOD STRUDEL - THRIFTYFOODS.COM
SEAFOOD STRUDEL RECIPE
SEAFOOD RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | BON APPETIT
SEAFOOD STRUDEL IN PHYLLO DOUGH - COPYKAT CHAT FORUMS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake crab strudel?Roll it up. Brush the top with butter and set aside. Repeat the entire process using the all the phyllo dough and crab filling. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. Score the crab strudel diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces and bake for 12 minutes, or until the top is lightly brown.
How to bake strudel in the oven?Sprinkle with parsley, shallots, chives and garlic and dot with chilled sauce. Roll the phyllo sheets in a jelly roll fashion. Make sure that the filling does not fall out at the ends. Place the strudel on prepared baking sheet and brush generously with more melted butter. Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with more butter.
How do you make strudels with puff pastry?Wrap roll in puff pastry, seal, aerate (poke holes in top of strudel with fork tines), and brush with egg wash. Bake in hot oven until golden brown. Serve with Hollandaise or Newburg sauce. This recipe makes two large loafs of strudel. If only smaller puff pastry is available, recipe will make several loafs. Prepared strudels can be frozen.
What is strudel dough made of?The dough for this Hungarian strudel uses an egg, sour cream, and vinegar. Strudel dough recipes vary from country to country, region to region and family to family.