You could serve this chicken pâté as an appetizer at a dinner party, or simply as a light (really!) supper or a sandwich spread. It takes less than a half-hour to prepare, and it will firm up in the refrigerator in a few hours. Simply pack the mixture into a bowl or glass jar, cover and refrigerate.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Sam Sifton
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put a large, heavy sauté pan over medium heat, and melt 4 tablespoons of the butter until it begins to foam. Add the shallots, and sauté them until translucent, being careful not to allow them to brown. Add the livers, thyme and Madeira or port, and bring the heat to high. Cook, occasionally stirring the livers around in the pan with a spoon, until the wine has reduced and the livers are lightly browned but still very soft and pink on the inside, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove, and put its contents into a blender or food processor, along with the cream and the remaining butter. Purée until smooth, adding a little more cream if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt if necessary.
- Pack the pâté into a glass jar or bowl, then smooth the top with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about two hours or up to five days. Serve with bacon-onion jam and copious amounts of toast.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE
Reader Maya Parada in Brooklyn, New York, shares her secret for adding sweetness to this pate: grated carrot. Serve as an appetizer, or spread on crackers or sandwiches for rich flavor.
Recipe From marthastewart.com
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10 minutes. Add carrot, thyme, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until carrot is tender, 5 minutes. (If mixture is dry or begins to overbrown, add up to 2 tablespoons water.) Transfer mixture to a food processor.
- Return skillet to medium-high and add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pat livers dry with paper towels. Season livers with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, 6 minutes. Transfer livers to processor and pulse, scraping down sides as needed, until mixture is mostly smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let cool. Transfer pate to a small bowl and serve at room temperature with toasts or crackers.
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé
James Martin's luxuriously rich dinner party starter can be made up to two days in advance for fuss-free entertaining - serve with toasted brioche, cornichons and chutney.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Provided by James Martin
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat 1 tbsp of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. When the butter is foaming, add the chicken livers and fry for 2 mins each side.
- Stir the crushed garlic, some of the thyme and Madeira into the pan with the livers. Fry for 2 mins, letting the Madeira simmer. Transfer the mixture to a food processor, reserve 200g of the butter and add the rest to the processor. Blend everything to a smooth paste. Season to taste, then spoon into 4 x 70ml clip-top jars.
- Melt the reserved butter in a medium frying pan and add the sliced garlic. Turn the garlic in the butter until slightly golden. Pour into the 4 jars of pâté, ensuring a few slices of garlic and the remaining thyme leaves go in each jar, and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hrs, or until set. Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Before serving, toast the brioche, then cut into triangular quarters for serving. Stir the diced apple through the chutney. Serve the pâté on small wooden boards with the toasted brioche, cornichons and chutney.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, onion and chicken livers. Reduce heat to low, and simmer approximately 10 minutes, until chicken livers are tender and no longer pink.
- Place chicken liver mixture in a blender with dry sherry, cream cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.
BOURBON CHICKEN LIVER PâTé
- Melt 1 stick butter in a large nonstick skillet over moderately low heat, then cook onion and garlic, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add herbs, salt, pepper, allspice, and livers and cook, stirring, until livers are cooked outside but still pink when cut open, about 8 minutes. Stir in bourbon and remove from heat. Purée mixture in a food processor until smooth, then transfer pâté to crock and smooth top.
- Melt remaining 1/2 stick butter in a very small heavy saucepan over low heat, then remove pan from heat and let butter stand 3 minutes. If using herb garnish, put sprig on top of pâté. Skim froth from butter, then spoon enough clarified butter over pâté to cover its surface, leaving milky solids in bottom of pan.
- Chill pâté until butter is firm, about 30 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours more.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE: TERRINE DE FOIES DE VOLAILLE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a bowl, soak the livers in the milk for 2 hours. Drain well.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken livers, 1 tablespoon of the peppercorns, the bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until the livers are browned on the outside and still slightly pink on the inside, about 5 minutes. Add the Cognac and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated and the livers are cooked through but still tender.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Discard the bay leaves.
- In a food processor, puree the liver mixture. Add the remaining butter in pieces and pulse to blend. Fold in the remaining 1 tablespoon peppercorns and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pack the pate into 6 individual ramekins or small molds, about 4 ounces each. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours.
- To serve, place the ramekins on individual plates. Garnish the tops with parsley and surround with croutons. Serve with cornichons on the side.
EASY CHICKEN LIVER PATE
- Set aside 1/2 cup butter to soften slightly.
- Place onion and apple in a food processor with the steel knife blade; process until coarsely chopped.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and apple; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Return onion and apple to food processor.
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in the same skillet over high heat; cook chicken livers until browned and just done inside, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and pour in brandy; allow to warm up without stirring. Carefully light the liquid; let flames subside.
- Transfer chicken liver mixture to the food processor with onion and apple. Add cream and process until very smooth. Transfer mixture into a bowl and refrigerate until cool, at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the softened 1/2 cup butter into pieces and process in the food processor; add about 1/3 of the liver mixture and blend about 5 seconds. Repeat 2 more times with remaining liver mixture. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper and blend well.
- Transfer pate to a serving dish or several small dishes; top with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate until chilled and set, about 3 hours.
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé
- Thinly slice onion. In a small saucepan combine onion, chicken livers, broth, and allspice and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, or until chicken livers are cooked through. Drain liver mixture in a sieve and in a food processor purée with butter, Cognac, and salt until smooth. To facilitate cooling, transfer pâté to a plate and spread. Chill pâté in freezer, its surface covered with plastic wrap, 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk cream until it holds stiff peaks and fold in pâté. Transfer pâté to a ramekin and chill in freezer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Serve pâté with crackers or toasts.
CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES
Discover the best recipes to make with nutritious chicken livers. BBC Good Food's favourite recipes include pâtés, terrines and much, much more.
Recipe From bbcgoodfood.com
Number Of Ingredients 1
30-minutes-or-less time-to-make course main-ingredient preparation occasion appetizers poultry easy refrigerator beginner-cook potluck dinner-party holiday-event romantic spreads chicken stove-top dietary gifts christmas thanksgiving wedding inexpensive meat chicken-livers brunch taste-mood savory to-go equipment number-of-servings presentation served-cold
People also searched
More recipes about "chicken liver pate recipes"
QUICK CHICKEN LIVER PâTé (NO ALCOHOL) - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
2017-09-22 · My recipe of liver pate is a bit different from the store-bought chicken liver pâté, but that’s because it has no additives, and all the nastiness. I don’t even want to know what actually goes into those ones. How TO make chicken liver pâté. My recipe of quick chicken liver …
- Heat up a grilling pan and grill the livers on both sides for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked through. Chop roughly and set aside.
- Chop the onion and carrots, and add them to a pan together with the olive oil and one tablespoon of butter.
- Sautee for about 3 minutes until soft, then add the chopped chicken livers and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE - JACQUES PéPIN | FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce …
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are barely pink inside, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the livers, onion and garlic to a food processor; process until coarsely pureed. With the machine on, add the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until incorporated. Add the Cognac, season with salt and pepper and process until completely smooth. Scrape the pâté into 2 or 3 large ramekins. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pâté and refrigerate until firm. Serve chilled.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE - DAVID LEBOVITZ
2013-01-09 · In a large skillet cook the onions with 1/4 cup of the chicken or duck fat, stirring frequently, until they are browned and beginning to caramelize. It will take 10 …
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and thyme and cook gently for five minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic, spices, orange zest and a good …
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE - DR. AXE
2018-01-04 · In a saucepan over medium heat, combine 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, shallots, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper, sautéing for about 5 minutes. Add chicken livers and cook until pink disappears (about 15 minutes). Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread liver pate …
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
2021-07-03 · Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat and let the butter brown, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let it burn. Sauté shallots and livers: Add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add the livers. Be sure to space them well in the pan so they can brown more easily. Sprinkle salt over the livers.
See details ››
CHICKEN LIVER PâTé RECIPE (GREAT FOR VIETNAMESE BáNH Mì ...
2020-09-20 · In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and saute the onions for about two minutes or until fragrant, then add the garlic and saute for another one minute. Add the butter and …
- Prep liver by cleaning the livers under running water to remove any random debris and using a knife to cut out fatty pieces or dark brown spots.
- Put the livers into a glass container, pour milk until it covers all of the livers, and cover with a lid. Marinade the livers in milk overnight in the fridge.
- The day after, remove the livers from the fridge, transfer them into a strainer to remove the excess milk, and rest on the counter to get to room temperature (about 20 minutes before cooking).
THE BEST EVER CHICKEN LIVER PATE | DRIZZLE AND DIP
2014-12-15 · Instructions Melt the butter in the pan and saute the onion for about 5 minutes until turning soft. Add the chicken livers, garlic and bay leaves and cook over moderate heat, stirring until the chicken livers …
- Add the chicken livers, garlic and bay leaves and cook over moderate heat, stirring until the chicken livers are just done – about 4 – 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the brandy just before finishing off and allow this to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and blend in a food processor until it is as smooth as it will go. It takes a few minutes. Season with salt and lots of freshly ground white pepper (to taste). Spoon the pate into ramekins or other serving dishes and cool.
CHICKEN LIVER PATé - SUGARLOVESPICES
2020-03-22 · Chicken Liver Paté. When it comes to presentation, this definitely steals the show.The combination of flavors and textures wows the palate and the aromas are beyond describable. If you …
- Place a large sauté pan on low to medium heat and melt half the butter until bubbles form. Add the shallots and onion and sauté till soft. Be careful not to get them crisp or browned or this will produce a bitter flavor.
- Take a good spoonful of the chicken liver paté and smear onto the surface of your dish. Garnish with areas of the mustard, jam, greens, herbs, and apples. Add drops of sriracha for color. Place the crostini on the plate and this is ready to serve!
#1 BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN LIVER PATE | SIMPLE. TASTY. GOOD.
Chicken liver pate recipes 1) Bacon & Chicken Liver Pate (Mommy Potamus) As you may have already understood, I love a good homemade chicken liver pate. But who could ever say no to a chicken liver pate with bacon! I certainly couldn’t. Check out this great pate recipe by Heather over at Mommy Potamus. The recipe is pretty straight forward, very easy to make. This chicken liver pate …
- 1. Clean the livers. Trim and remove any fat and sinew. Then let the cleaned livers soak in a large bowl filled with cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In the meantime pour the cream in a small saucepan. Also add the rosemary and a tablespoon of butter. Season with some pepper and salt.
- 3. Bring the cream to a gentle boil, then simmer for 5 minutes until the butter has melted and turn the heat off again. Let the butter, cream and rosemary infuse while cooling down. Add another tablespoon of butter to a large pan and add the chopped garlic and shallot. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Then add the soaked and drained chicken livers.
- 4. Bake the livers for 5 minutes until cooked through. Stir regularly. Take the pan off the heat and let the livers cool down. Then transfer them to a clean blender.
CHICKEN LIVER PATE | SWEET CARAMEL SUNDAY
2020-04-01 · Chicken liver pate recipe steps. Once you have finished cooking your chicken livers, you will need for them to cool down. It is best to not add hot ingredients to the food processor so I would get busy on the toppings for the pate and come back to this step once they are cool. Once your chicken livers are cooled, you simply add the entire contents of the pan to the food processor. I use tongs ...
CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPE | ESPECIALLY LUSCIOUS | DISHES ...
2018-12-24 · Add chicken livers and sauté for 6 minutes. Add cognac and thyme and sauté for 8 minutes, allowing cognac to evaporate somewhat. Livers should be browned on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Put all the ingredients from your skillet into a food processor and process on high until liver …
A RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE PâTé THAT'S A LOT EASIER THAN IT ...
2017-05-15 · Let the onion and garlic mellow in the butter over medium heat, growing aromatic, until the onion has softened and grown translucent. Next, add the liver and a hearty splash each of balsamic...
CHICKEN LIVER AND MUSHROOM RECIPES | CHICKEN RECIPES
1 day ago · Chicken liver and mushroom recipes. 1 lb chicken livers. Add mushrooms and saute until browned. Add salt pepper to taste. Cup fresh parsley. 1 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. 1 sprig fresh rosemary finely chopped. Ingredients 2 medium onions cut in two and thinly sliced. Heat oil in a large pot or deep pan and fry the garlic onion green pepper until soft. 2 tablespoons ...
See details ››
CHICKEN LIVER PATE RECIPES
Chicken liver pate recipe from The Collection by Antonio ... Recipe From : cooked.com Wash and dry well, then roughly chop. Fry the livers in the oil over a medium heat with the sage, parsley, garlic, and some salt and pepper for about 10 minutes, turning, until still pink in the middle. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. ... Show details . Chicken Liver Pâté Recipe - Diana Sturgis ...
See details ››
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN LIVER RECIPES | CHICKEN RECIPES
2021-07-12 · Slow Cooker Chicken Liver Pate Recipe Chicken Liver In A Slow Cooker Very Fast A Selection Of Chicken Gizzards With Gravy Crock Pot Chicken Livers With Mushrooms And Bacon Quick Chicken Liver Pate Chicken Liver Pate Chicken Liver Pate With Brandy Liver Recipes Bbc Good Food Slow Cooked Chicken W Liver And Fennel Recipe Christopher The Best Detox Crockpot Lentil Soup Recipe …
See details ››
HOW TO MAKE A CHICKEN LIVER PâTé - CHICKEN LIVER PATE ...
Learn how to make a Chicken Liver Pâté Recipe. This chicken liver pate recipe is a perfect cold appetizer to spread on a French baguette and to share with go...
See details ››
JAMIE OLIVERS OLD-SCHOOL CHICKEN LIVER PARFAIT | ROWENA G ...
400 g higher-welfare chicken livers, trimmed; a few sprigs fresh sage, leaves picked ; 1 small wineglass brandy; sea salt; freshly ground black pepper; 1 pinch ground mace (or a couple of grids of nutmeg) Preheat the oven to 110ºC/225ºF/gas ¼. Put half the butter in an ovenproof saucepan and pop it in the oven to slowly melt until it’s separated – this will take about 10 minutes. Strain ...
See details ››
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT CHICKEN LIVER PâTé | STARTER | THE ...
See details ››