CHICKEN AND WINE SAUCE
Chicken with a mix of Asian and Italian seasoning. Serve over rice with garlic bread. I usually put extra Italian dressing and soy in. Also, use a full body red wine; the thinner the wine the thinner the sauce.
Provided by Yayit001
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stir red wine, soy sauce, salad dressing, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic, and oregano together in a bowl until the sugar dissolves completely. Add chicken and mix to coat. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.8 calories, Carbohydrate 15.8 g, Cholesterol 73.2 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 29.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 2355.6 mg, Sugar 10.2 g
SEASONED CHICKEN IN A LIGHT WINE SAUCE
This is a healthy way to add a little flavor to chicken without all the fat, and just a little salt. You can substitute or add any vegetable that sautes well if you don't like onions, but the mushrooms are a must. Pairs well with steamed veggies and/or rice. You could add a little cornstarch slurry while the liquid reduces to help thicken the sauce, but I like to keep it on the light side. Using a lid on the non-stick skillet is a key step to the recipe. It keeps the Chicken from drying out.
Provided by Cyril
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Tenderize and pound out the chicken to an even thickness
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with Mrs. Dash.
- To a heated non-stick skillet over medium heat add the seasoned chicken to one side, and the Mushrooms and onions to the other.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn Chicken over, cover with lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- To the mushrooms and onions add the water, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Keep uncovered and reduce liquid/mushroom mixture over high heat until it thickens.
- Serve mushrooms and onions over chicken and enjoy.
CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND HERB SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in skillet, skin-side down. Cook until skin golden brown and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken and transfer skillet to oven. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer chicken pieces to a platter and set aside.
- Place skillet over medium heat; add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 30 seconds. Add wine and stir to combine. Cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chives, parsley, basil, and butter; season with salt and pepper. Return chicken to skillet. Using a spoon, coat chicken pieces with sauce. Serve immediately.
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
This simple to prepare recipe was submitted to Cooking Light many years ago by a subscriber. It has a very tasty sauce, and the chicken is wonderfully tender. Serve with your favorite rice - we like lemon-flavored rice.
Provided by PanNan
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add broth and wine.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
Want to welcome dinner guests with a healthy meal? This saucy chicken will wow them with its moist and tender texture and golden brown coating. -Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. , In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil for 1-2 minutes on each side. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat., Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 300mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
WINE SAUCE CHICKEN
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken pieces are no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned and have released their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the prepared baking dish and add the sauteed mushrooms.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine and heat the soup, milk, Cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Remove from heat and add the white wine and mayonnaise. Pour mixture over the chicken and mushrooms. Top with slivered almonds and grated Parmesan cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573.1 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 124.9 mg, Fat 39.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 40.9 g, SaturatedFat 13.7 g, Sodium 789.5 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
More about "seasoned chicken in a light wine sauce recipes"
CHICKEN IN WINE SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (25)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsServings 6Calories 339 per serving
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of chicken to pan, flesh side down. Cook 4 minutes or until browned; remove from pan. Repeat with remaining chicken. Set chicken aside.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic to pan; cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook for 2 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Return chicken to pan, flesh side up. Combine stock and flour in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add stock mixture to pan.
- Stir in tarragon, 2 tablespoons parsley, mustard, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done and very tender. Remove pan from oven. Remove chicken from pan, and top with 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Keep warm. Heat pan over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 3 cups. Whisk in butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Discard bay leaf.
EASY WHITE WINE ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE CREAM SAUCE - BLESS HER HEART Y'ALL
CRISPY SKILLET CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - A SAUCY KITCHEN
CHICKEN WITH WINE WINE PAN SAUCE - FOOD DUCHESS
CHICKEN RECIPES RED WINE : CHICKEN IN RED WINE SAUCE
CHICKEN IN WINE AND MUSTARD SAUCE (VIDEO) - VIKALINKA
6 SIMPLE SAUCES FOR CHICKEN | COOKING LIGHT
10 BEST CHICKEN PASTA LIGHT SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
25 WHITE WINE CHICKEN RECIPES FANCY ENOUGH FOR COMPANY
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE (COQ AU VIN BLANC) - MON PETIT FOUR®
CHICKEN IN LEMON GARLIC WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - LAUGHING SPATULA
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE - MOMMY HATES COOKING
CREAMY CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE (WITH BACON!) - RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN IN RED WINE SAUCE - RANTS FROM MY CRAZY KITCHEN
CHICKEN DIJON IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
CREAMY CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - SALT & LAVENDER
LEMON CHICKEN IN TOMATO WHITE WINE SAUCE - SEASONING THE DAY
CHICKEN WITH LEMON-WINE SAUCE - VALERIE BERTINELLI
CHICKEN WINE SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CHICKEN IN WINE SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY WHITE WINE SAUCE – A COUPLE COOKS
CHICKEN IN BUTTERED WHITE WINE PAN SAUCE - FRAMED COOKS
4-INGREDIENT CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE - THE …
EASY CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE SAUCE RECIPE
EASY WHITE WINE GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
3 GREAT (AND EASY) PAN SAUCES FOR CHICKEN | COOKING LIGHT
10 BEST SEASONING CHICKEN TENDERLOINS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE (COQ AU VIN BLANC) | LOVEFOODIES
THE BEST CHICKEN SEASONING (SUPER EASY) TAKE TWO TAPAS
SEASONED CHICKEN IN A LIGHT WINE SAUCE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH WHITE WINE AND THYME SAUCE | RICARDO
CREAMY CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - SPRINKLES AND SPROUTS
CHICKEN BREAST IN WHITE SAUCE (LOW FAT) - EVERYDAY HEALTHY RECIPES
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN IN CREAMY WHITE WINE SAUCE
CHICKEN PASTA IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - WHAT'S IN THE PAN?
CHICKEN IN WHITE WINE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE - BAKING MISCHIEF
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #poultry #vegetables #chicken #mushrooms #meat #chicken-breasts #onions #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken in white wine sauce with garlic?Chicken in White Wine Sauce with Garlic - 30 minutes, one skillet and just a few ingredients and this amazing dinner is on the table! Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Melt butter and add olive oil. Rub olive oil on chicken and liberally sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. This will help form a crust. Sear chicken 3-4 minutes on each side.
How do you make garlic butter sauce with chicken?Make the garlic butter sauce: Add butter to the same pan then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Pour in white wine, lemon juice and seasoning. Allow to simmer for a few minutes then add the chicken back into the pan.
What goes well with chicken with white wine and herb sauce?This chicken with white wine and herb sauce is a delicious dish sure to please the whole family, and goes wonderfully with Roasted Barley Pilaf and Sauteed Spring Vegetables. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
How to cook chicken tenderloin with white wine?Now add white wine and stir everything well using a whisk. Let it cook for a minute on medium flame and then reduce the heat to low. Cook the wine for about 4-5 minutes and then add lemon, pepper and salt. Whisk everything to a smooth consistency and add the cooked chicken.