RAGIN' CAJUN EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP SKILLET
We always have a large summer garden where lots of produce lingers into fall. That's when we harvest our onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and eggplant, the main ingredient of this dish. This recipe turns Cajun with the Holy Trinity (onion, celery and bell pepper), shrimp and red pepper flakes. -Barbara Hahn, Park Hills, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place eggplant in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain., Preheat oven to 350°. In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and green pepper; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in tomatoes and eggplant. Saute 5 minutes. Stir in seasonings. Add shrimp and bread crumbs; saute 5 minutes longer, stirring well., Bake 30 minutes. Remove skillet from oven; top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399 calories, Fat 21g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 131mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 28g protein.
STUFFED EGGPLANT WITH SHRIMP AND BASIL
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant, chop, and reserve. Coat shells with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Saute shrimp, basil and garlic until shrimp turns pink, about 1 minute. Stir in the reserved chopped eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in wine, and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and mix in the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. If mixture is dry, stir in more olive oil. Stuff mixture into eggplant shells, and sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 923.9 calories, Carbohydrate 59.1 g, Cholesterol 53.7 mg, Fat 63.5 g, Fiber 11.3 g, Protein 22.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 2380.3 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
ALEX PATOUT'S EGGPLANT DRESSING
- Peel shrimp; set aside. Cover shells with 2 cups water; boil to reduce to 1 cup. Strain; set stock aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet; add onion, peppers and celery. Cook slowly, 15 minutes, until mixture is very soft.
- Peel and cut two eggplants into 3/4-inch cubes; place in saucepan with water to cover half way up eggplant. Cook until eggplant is tender, about 7 minutes; drain to remove as much water as possible; puree.
- Add eggplant, stock and seasonings to sauteed vegetables; cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 7 to 10 minutes over moderately high heat until shrimp are pink. Add crab meat; heat through.
- Stir in green onion and parsley.
- Peel and slice remaining eggplant into 12 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brown in hot oil. Repeat until all slices are done. Drain.
- Serve dressing over slices of fried eggplant.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 732, UnsaturatedFat 36 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 63 grams, Fiber 12 grams, Protein 21 grams, SaturatedFat 24 grams, Sodium 1359 milligrams, Sugar 15 grams, TransFat 2 grams
MAW MAW'S EGGPLANT DRESSING
This recipe came from my cajun grandmother, Hazel Wiltz Forrest. Everytime I taste it I think of her and her wonderful cooking.
Provided by Michelle Hickey
Categories Side Casseroles
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Brown ground beef and add onion and bell pepper as you brown it. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Boil whole eggplants until tender.
- 3. When eggplants are tender, peel and cut into bite size chunks. ( I like to remove the seeds but this is optional)
- 4. Add eggplant to meat mixture and add rice. Simmer another 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper and red pepper to taste.
- 5. *Hint - If you prefer using bread to rice, use 3 slices stale or toasted white bread. Wet bread and squeeze out water. Add bread to meat mixture and cook 10 minutes.
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING
Shrimp and eggplant dressing is a very popular dish in New Orleans. This particular recipe is from Nola Cuisine, an excellent New Orleans cooking blog. Prep time doesn't include time to peel and devein shrimp, as some shell-on shrimp already comes split and deveined.
Provided by Jostlori
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring the water to boil in a Dutch Oven. Add the Bay Leaf, bundled Thyme, reserved Shrimp shells, crab boil, any trim from the diced onion, and a handful of Kosher salt. Boil for about 15-20 minutes, skim off the scum from the shrimp shells.
- Add the Eggplant and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the 3 Tbsp butter in a saute pan. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and a pinch of salt, saute until the onions are translucent, add the chopped Thyme and the chopped shrimp, cook until the shrimp are just cooked through; set aside to cool.
- When the eggplant is very tender remove with tongs to a colander to cool. When cool, squeeze some of the liquid from it and chop.
- In a large bowl combine the eggplant, onion & pepper mixture, egg, fresh basil, and parsley, mix ingredients together well. Add the bread crumbs a little at a time until the right consistency is achieved; it should be not too wet, not too dry. Check the seasoning; season to taste with Kosher salt, Cayenne, and black pepper.
- Add the mixture to a buttered gratin or baking dish. Mix together the topping ingredients, top the shrimp and eggplant dressing with it.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and the topping is a nice golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654.6, Fat 25.5, SaturatedFat 13.4, Cholesterol 240.7, Sodium 1244, Carbohydrate 78.8, Fiber 22.9, Sugar 18.9, Protein 33.5
BAYOU EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP DRESSING
A dressing recipe from my FIL's collection. I haven't tried this one yet. Posting for safe keeping and cooler weather. Make the cornbread the night before, crumble it, and set it out to dry overnight.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 14 cups
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil (medium heat) in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add in the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add in the eggplant, stir to combine.
- Cover and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender; stir frequently.
- Add in the shrimp and Cajun seasoning; cook/stir for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Put the shrimp mixture into a large mixing bowl; add in the crumbled cornbread and parsley.
- Gradually stir in the eggs and approximately 1 cup broth, until the mixture is evenly moist but not soggy.
- Season to with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes; uncover the last 15 minutes of cooking time if you want a crusty dressing.
EGGPLANT, CRABMEAT AND SHRIMP CASSEROLE
- Peel and dice eggplant into 1-inch cubes. Boil in enough water to cover with 1 tablespoon salt until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in olive oil until very tender. Fold vegetable mixture into eggplant. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, Lea and Perrins, Creole seasoning, hot red pepper sauce, 1 cup cracker crumbs, Parmesan, salt and cayenne, then eggs. Gently fold in seafood. Place in greased casserole. Top with bread crumbs and melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
More about "shrimp and eggplant dressing recipes"
SHRIMP EGGPLANT RECIPE IN CREAMY SAUCE - …
5/5 (2)Total Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 544 per serving
- Take eggplant slices (one at a time), generously coat into flour, bowl 1. Then dredge into egg mixture, bowl 2. Then coat in breading mixture, bowl 3.
- Add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of a large skillet. Once oil is hot, add eggplant, cook on med/high heat until crispy. Repeat on the other side (add more oil if needed when flipping the eggplant). Cook until center of eggplant is soft (2-3 min on each side). Transfer fried eggplant to a plate lined with paper towel.
DEEP SOUTH DISH: SEAFOOD AND EGGPLANT …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
10 BEST SHRIMP EGGPLANT RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP EGGPLANT DRESSING | REALCAJUNRECIPES.COM: LA ...
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 1 minCategory Main Dishes
- Pour oil in a medium skillet. Add the eggplants, onion, bell pepper, dissolved bouillon cubes and water.
- Over medium heat, stirring occasionally, cook the eggplant until the onion and eggplant turn clear. Most of the water added to facilitate the cooking process will have evaporated. This usually takes 20 to 25 minutes.
THAI SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 209 per servingTotal Time 34 mins
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat until very hot; swirl to coat skillet. Add shrimp and stir-fry until just pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tsp. oil and half of eggplant to skillet. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl with shrimp. Add another 2 tsp. oil; repeat with remaining eggplant. Make a well in center and add remaining 1 tsp. oil, garlic, chilies and scallion. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, eggplant and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing well, until heated through, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in basil. Serve with lime wedges and rice noodles, if desired.
SHRIMP FLAVOURED STEAMED EGGPLANT - RECIPETIN JAPAN
5/5 (1)Category SideCuisine JapaneseTotal Time 15 mins
GRILLED SHRIMP, PEA SHOOT, AND BOK CHOY SALAD WITH …
LUMA'S BEEF AND VEG LASAGNA WITH EGGPLANT SAUCE …
SHRIMP & EGGPLANT DRESSING - MENU - COCHON - NEW …
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING RECIPE
SHRIMP, EGGPLANT, AND RICE CASSEROLE - NEW ORLEANS …
RECIPE: DELICIOUS MIKE'S SHRIMP CREOLE & BAYOU …
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING RECIPE | NOLA RECIPES ...
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING RECIPE
SHRIMP AND EGGPLANT DRESSING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
EASY EGGPLANT DRESSING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
EGGPLANT AND SHRIMP BAKE | EMERILS.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Creole eggplant with shrimp?Creole Eggplant With Shrimp. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. As the onion becomes translucent, add the tasso and continue to saute for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add the eggplant, chicken stock and shrimp.
How do you cook shrimp and eggplant stir fry?In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat until very hot; swirl to coat skillet. Add shrimp and stir-fry until just pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add 2 tsp. oil and half of eggplant to skillet. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then stir-fry for 30 seconds.
How to cook shrimp eggplant parmesan?Preparation Peel and devein the shrimp and set aside. Trim the ends of the eggplant and peel it. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the garlic. Cook, stirring, without browning. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet and when it is very hot add the eggplant, salt and pepper.
What is seafood and eggplant dressing?Seafood and Eggplant Dressing, a breaded seafood dressing, sometimes referred to as a casserole, made with fresh shrimp, crabmeat and eggplant. I was introduced to eggplant by my first mother-in-law.