SIMPLE GARLIC SHRIMP
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.9 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 188.1 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 19.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 243.7 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
SPANISH GARLIC SHRIMP (GAMBAS AL AJILLO)
Every Spanish restaurant serves this dish of shrimp cloaked in garlic-infused olive oil with smoky hints of paprika and a touch of sweetness from sherry. Make sure you have all your ingredients together before you head to the stove since, start to finish, this cooks in mere minutes. It's great for a tapas party, since you can prep everything ahead of time. Just spoon the shrimp and sauce over toasted bread and sprinkle more cayenne and parsley on top to enjoy.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice garlic thinly. Season shrimp with kosher salt and paprika. Mix to coat.
- Heat garlic and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until garlic starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and increase heat to high. Toss and turn shrimp with tongs until starting to curl but still undercooked, about 2 minutes. Pour in sherry. Cook, stirring continuously, until sauce comes up to a boil and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley with a spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227.2 calories, Carbohydrate 2.5 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 15.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 344.3 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC SAUCE
This is a simple garlic shrimp that is great served on steamed rice or pasta. I also like to serve it as an appetizer, just double up the recipe depending on amount of guests.
Provided by Vseward Chef-V
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, pepper and shrimp.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly, just until the shrimp turn pink.
- Increase the heat to high.
- Add the lemon juice, sherry, hot red pepper and salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452, Fat 29.6, SaturatedFat 4.2, Cholesterol 216, Sodium 216.4, Carbohydrate 6.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2, Protein 29.5
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE
This is, by far and bar none, the most popular Chinese seafood dish I know. In fact, it is better than its restaurant counterpart because it uses real garlic, not dried garlic reconstituted in water.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Using a cleaver or knife, slice the shrimp from the back, leaving a small donut-like hole in the center, essentially butterflying the shrimp. Be careful not to cut all the way through the shrimp. Rinse away any veins under cold water. Drain well.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl and add the egg white, cornstarch and 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Mix well. The consistency should be silky and the color milky.
- In a large wok, heat 2 cups of the oil to 280 degrees F, or place 1 shrimp in the oil and when bubbles rise from it like Champagne bubbles in a glass, add the rest of the shrimp. Turn the shrimp gently in the poaching oil. When they are white and fluffy, remove them with a stainless steel strainer or brass metal strainer. Put the cooked shrimp in a colander to drain.
- For the sauce. In a small saucepan, mix the chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, sugar, and chili paste. Stir well. Bring the garlic sauce to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer.
- In a clean wok, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to smoking. Add the sliced water chestnuts and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the garlic sauce, stir, and bring to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Add the shrimp. Toss and stir 3 times until well coated. Stir in the sliced scallions and serve.
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - LIKE TIO PEPE'S
- Peel Shrimp. Leave the very end of the tail on. Cut along the back of the shrimp tail 1/8-inch and remove vein. Clean and set aside in cold water. Mince garlic, parsley. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan. Pour enough olive oil so that it is about 1/4 inch deep in the pan. Add one tooth of garlic. Use moderate heat to raise the temperature slowly. When the garlic tooth begins to sizzle, lower the heat slightly and add the minced garlic, parsley, saffron and shrimp. Break the dried pepper in half and toss it in the pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Use a spoon to gently to stir the ingredients, turning the shrimp over to cook evenly. The heat should be high enough for the ingredients to sizzle, but so high that the oil smokes and burns the ingredients. Add the dry sherry towards the end when the shrimp have changed color and are just about ready. Cooking time should be about 5 minutes. Transfer ingredients to a deep plate and serve immediately. CHEF'S NOTE: This is traditional cooked in a heat resilient ceramic bowl and is served sizzling. To reproduce this sizzling presentation you can preheat the ceramic bowl in the oven and transfer ingredients to it when ready. Be sure to have ready a wide brim serving plate on which to place and carry the hot ceramic bowl. An oven pad placed between the bowl and the serving plate is advised. The Spanish tend to use a cazuela when cooking this dish as this is the most traditional method. A cazuela is an earthenware dish that can be used either on top of the oven over a gas flame or for baking inside the oven.
SHRIMP IN GARLIC PEPPERONI SAUCE
- In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat and saute the diced pepperoni until it releases some of its oil, about 3 minutes. Add the remaining oil and garlic and lower the heat to medium-low. Let flavors infuse over the low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the adobo, paprika, and cayenne. Add the shrimp and coat them evenly with the spices. Let rest for 15 minutes on the counter to come to room temperature. Add the shrimp to the garlic oil, raise heat slightly to cook, stirring and turning to cook the shrimp evenly, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks and crusty chewy bread, for sopping.
MOTHER PEPA'S GARLIC SHRIMP
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. In a shallow casserole, preferably earthenware, heat oil with garlic and parsley until garlic begins to sizzle.
- Add shrimp and cook over medium heat, stirring and turning shrimp until they are opaque. Add sherry and salt to taste and cook another minute or two, until sherry evaporates and sauce thickens slightly. Serve immediately, with toothpicks or small forks and bread for sopping up sauce.
MEXICAN SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE
Just enough for 2, although easily doubled for 4. This dish is REALLY hot if you leave the seeds in the peppers...I LOVE IT!!! But if you feel shy, you don't have to have the jalapenos, I won't tell. Makes a good party appetizer too. Just dare some of your buddies to eat it when it's hot. :)
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat a well-seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Roast the tomatoes, onion, and jalapenos, until nicely browned on all sides, turned frequently.
- Note: you may get a lot of smoke from this so you might want to open a window.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a metal bowl and cover with plastic wrap; allow to sweat and cool.
- When cool, peel the skins and discard.
- Remove any scorched areas from the onion by rubbing with paper towels.
- For a milder dish, seed the jalapenos, or otherwise, keep the fire dept.
- phone number handy.
- Puree the tomato, onion, jalapenos, 2 tbsp.
- cilantro, and oregano until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the sliced garlic and cook over medium heat until lightly golden, stirring frequently.
- Do not let garlic burn.
- Add the puree and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the shrimp.
- Simmer on medium-low heat until the shrimp are pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings, and remove from heat.
- Spoon shrimp and sauce into a serving dish; top with chopped cilantro, and squeeze lime juice over all.
- And keep the phone number handy if you left those seeds in.
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC
- Put the shrimp in a bowl, toss with two teaspoons of salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet or shallow heat-proof casserole. Add garlic and saute until slices just begin to color. Skim them from the pan and reserve them.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the shrimp and sear about a minute, until they are just cooked through. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the pepper and return the garlic to the dish. Season to taste with salt, toss all the ingredients together and serve at once.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 164, UnsaturatedFat 10 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 13 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 10 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 429 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MOTHER PEPA'S GARLIC SHRIMP
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. In a shallow casserole, preferably earthenware, heat the oil with the garlic and parsley until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add the shrimp and stir until they are opaque. Add the sherry, salt to taste, and cook over medium heat for a minute or two until the sherry evaporates and the sauce thickens slightly. Serve immediately, in the casserole.
More about "shrimp in garlic sauce like tio pepes recipes"
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - PINTEREST
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - COOKSTR.COM
GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP - DAMN DELICIOUS
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 Servings 4
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the garlic, bay leaf, and red-pepper flakes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp, salt, and black pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are just done, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the sherry, lemon juice, and parsley.
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - LIKE TIO PEPE'S - RECIPELINK.COM
Category Main Dishes-Fish, ShellfishReply to ISOFrom Thomas of Delaware, 10-31-2006
SPICY GARLIC SHRIMP - 20 MINUTE RECIPE - RACHEL COOKS®
CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP WITH PARMESAN (LOW CARB) - CAFE DELITES
GARLIC SHRIMP IN CREAMY PARMESAN SAUCE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
7 TIO PEPES IDEAS | RECIPES, COOKING RECIPES, COOKING - PINTEREST
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC CREAM SAUCE OVER PASTA - JULIAS SIMPLY SOUTHERN
SPANISH SAUTÉED SHRIMP WITH GREEN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
MAKING THE MOST OF SHRIMP – BALTIMORE SUN
ISO: GARLIC SHRIMP FROM TIO PEPE'S - RECIPELINK.COM
10 BEST PORTUGUESE GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPES - YUMMLY
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - SHRIMP RECIPES - GARLIC PEPPER SAUCE
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - JOSU ZUBIKARAI | FOOD & WINE
ITALIAN SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - SUPER SEAFOOD RECIPES
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SUACE!!!!!!!! - RESTAURANTE TIO PEPE
MEXICAN SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE | CHRISTOPHER KIMBALL’S MILK STREET
STIR-FRIED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND CHILE SAUCE RECIPE
KETO SHRIMP IN GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE - QUICK AND DELICIOUS
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - EVERYDAY GLUTEN FREE GOURMET
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - RECIPES ONLINE
SHRIMP WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE - ANDIE MITCHELL
SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE - COOKIDOO® – THE OFFICIAL THERMOMIX® …
SKILLET SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE WITH FETA CHEESE - JUST LIKE HOME ...
SHRIMP AND GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND GARL
SHRIMP WITH GARLIC SAUCE (QUICK & EASY CHINESE TAKE-OUT STIR FRY)
SIZZLING SHRIMP WITH GARLIC AND HOT PEPPER RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
RECIPE(TRIED): SHRIMP IN GARLIC SAUCE (GAMBAS AL AJILLO) - LIKE TIO …
You'll also love