GRILLED SHRIMP WITH SALSA VERDE
The sauce in this recipe is ubiquitous along Italy's western coast, where I ate it spooned over a thinly sliced fish steak titled Pesce Spada alla Griglia. It is best enjoyed when the freshest seafood and produce are available. The sauce can be made in advance and the shrimp broiled or grilled just before the meal. From the book "Lucinda's Rustic Italian Kitchen," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Wiley).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 6 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mince together the garlic, capers, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and place in a small bowl. Stir in the mint, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and red-wine vinegar.
- Preheat the broiler or prepare a grill. Butterfly the shrimp by slicing down the center of each, lengthwise, almost but not completely through. Open both sides to lay flat. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Broil or grill for 2 minutes per side. Place 4 shrimp on each plate and spoon some of the sauce over them. Serve with lemon.
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP
- Peel the outer skins/husks off the tomatillos, onion and garlic. Cut the stems off the peppers and slice in half lengthwise. Cut the onion in half. (See Note 1)
- In the Dutch oven or large stock pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add the tomatillos, chiles and onion. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and place all the peppers, tomatillos, onion, garlic and cilantro in a food processor, blender or Vitamix, and process until smooth. Use 2 cups of the salsa for this recipe and reserve remaining for other use.
- In a bowl season the shrimp with kosher salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet add oil and sautée shrimp 2 minutes per side. Pour the 2 cups of salsa verde on top and cook 2 minutes more, stirring. Stir in half of the cilantro leaves.
- Spoon over steamed rice and top with remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 404 kcal, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 50 g, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 572 mg, Sodium 1291 mg, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving
SHRIMP IN SALSA VERDE
- Shell and devein shrimp. Melt clarified butter in a large skillet over low heat and saute garlic until golden brown. Remove garlic and mash to a pulp with parsley and salt. Add flour, ginger and white pepper and mix to a smooth paste. Reserve.
- Reheat the clarified butter in the skillet until very hot and saute the shrimp for about 1 minute or until they turn opaque. Remove and reserve.
- Return garlic-parsley mixture to skillet, mix with butter remaining in skillet, add cream and water and bring to the boil, stirring constantly to thicken. Add white wine and bring to boil. Return shrimp to mixture to reheat briefly. Do not boil. Check seasonings and serve immediately over rice or small pasta.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 275, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Sodium 654 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
CHIPOTLE SHRIMP TACO WITH AVOCADO SALSA VERDE
Fire up the grill for a healthy Chipotle Shrimp Taco with Avocado Salsa Verde recipe from Food Network Kitchen.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.
- Heat a stovetop or outdoor grill to medium-high. Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chili powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Grill the shrimp until translucent, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Grill tortillas, until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, wrap in a damp paper towel and heat in a microwave.) Spoon sauce on the tortilla, then top with about 2 or 3 shrimp and a sprig of cilantro. Serve 2 tacos per person, with a lime wedge on the side.
SHRIMP IN SALSA VERDE AND ROASTED GARLIC-ARTICHOKE HUMMUS WITH FLATBREAD
- Flatbread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap garlic cloves in foil and roast 15 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine beans, artichoke hearts, tahini, and lemon juice. Process until blended. When garlic is soft, add half of the cloves (about 1/3 cup) to bean mixture and process until smooth. Set aside. Reserve remaining roasted garlic (about 1/3 cup) for another recipe. Set hummus aside.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes, until cooked through or opaque.
- Spoon salsa verde onto a serving platter and top with shrimp. Sprinkle scallions over top, if desired. Serve hummus and flatbread on the side.
GRILLED SHRIMP SALSA VERDE
Ladies Home Journal, Aug. 2001. Made on wooden skewers. Nice sounding blend of ingredients but I haven't made it yet. It has anchovies, mint leaves, flat-leaf parsley (cilantro), garlic, oil. Prep time includes soaking.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Soak 20 wooden skewers in enough water to cover for 30 minutes (prevents skewers from burning on the grill).
- Make the salsa verde: puree all the ingredients, except the shrimp, in a blender or food processor until smooth and set aside.
- This can be make ahead and covered and kept in the refrigerator overnight-remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Thread 3 shrimp through the head on one skewer and with a second skewer thread through the tail, repeat for all the shrimp.
- This method of 2 skewers keeps the shrimp from spinning when turning on the grill.
- Brush both sides of skewers with the salsa verde, can be assembled up to 4 hours ahead if kept refrigerated.
- Prepare grill and cook 2-4 minutes per side until shrimp turn pink and are lightly charred.
- Turn to grill 2-4 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 307.7, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 3, Cholesterol 175.3, Sodium 331.2, Carbohydrate 5.7, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.1, Protein 25.1
SHRIMP TACO WITH SALSA VERDE
Delicious doesn't have to take all day. This Shrimp Taco with Salsa Verde take just 20 minutes to make. Go ahead and have more than one shrimp taco.
Provided by My Food and Family
Categories Salsa Recipes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat 1/4 cup dressing in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 to 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Blend remaining dressing, water and cilantro in blender until smooth.
- Spoon shrimp onto tortillas; top with radishes and onions. Drizzle with cilantro mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 260, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 20 g
BAKED 'PAELLA' WITH SHRIMP, CHORIZO AND SALSA VERDE
This nontraditional recipe features the ultimate paella cheat: The dish cooks in the oven, as opposed to being actively monitored on the stovetop over a flame. Cooking it this way won't get you the familiar socarrat on the bottom of the skillet, but the wonderfully crispy bits that develop at the edges of the roasting pan are delightful in their own way.
Provided by Yotam Ottolenghi
Categories grains and rice, seafood, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit/230 degrees Celsius.
- Add 6 tablespoons/90 milliliters oil, the parsley, half the chile, the roughly chopped garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a grind of pepper to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Scrape half the salsa verde into a medium bowl and reserve the remaining salsa verde.
- Keeping the heads and tails intact, remove and discard the shrimp shells and transfer the head-on shrimp into the medium bowl with the salsa verde. Add the halibut, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a good grind of pepper to the bowl with the shrimp and gently toss to combine. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you continue with the rest.
- Add the chorizo, tomatoes, onion, tomato paste and the remaining sliced garlic, chile and 3 tablespoons oil to a large (about 15-by-10 inches/40-by-28 centimeters), deep metal roasting pan and toss to coat. Transfer to the oven and cook until sauce is thickened and browned at the edges, stirring once halfway through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir the rice, artichokes, bell pepper, paprika, saffron, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and a good grind of pepper into the pan. Pour in the stock and hot water and stir well to combine. Cover with foil and return to the oven until the rice is cooked through and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit/260 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil and top with the marinated shrimp and halibut, gently pushing them into the rice without mixing it around too much. Return to the oven, uncovered, until the shrimp and halibut have cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the reserved salsa verde over the paella. Serve warm, with the lemon wedges alongside.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 980, UnsaturatedFat 36 grams, Carbohydrate 71 grams, Fat 53 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 53 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 1822 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Stir the salad shrimp, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a large glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the flavors combine, at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26.1 calories, Carbohydrate 1.7 g, Cholesterol 28.8 mg, Fat 0.4 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 4.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 223.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
SHRIMP WITH GREEN SAUCE (GAMBAS EN SALSA VERDE)
A Spanish tapas. Be aware that tapas can be very small plates and you may actually want to serve something like 4 different tapas per person. This particular recipes yields just 3 shrimps per person with sauce.
Provided by threeovens
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat; add garlic and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add brandy and swirl it around in the skillet until it evaporates.
- Add wine and 1/4 cup water and reduce slightly, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; transfer to a blender with 2 tablespoons oil and puree until smooth; cover and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet over high heat; add shrimps and cook until just pink, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add green sauce, season with salt and pepper and heat until warmed through.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil or water just to loosen sauce.
- Serve with crusty bread.
SHRIMP AND COTIJA ENCHILADAS WITH SALSA VERDE AND CREMA MEXICANA
If the poblanos aren't hot enough, add some chopped jalapeños to the salsa verde. Garnish enchiladas with fresh avocado slices and drizzle with crema mexicana (a nutty cultured cream available at some supermarkets and at Latin markets) or stirred sour cream if crema is unavailable.
Provided by Lena Cederham Birnbaum
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat broiler. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; brush lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange tomatillos, poblano chiles, cut side down, and garlic cloves on prepared baking sheet. Broil until tomatillos and chiles begin to soften and blacken in several spots, watching closely to prevent burning, about 10 minutes (do not turn). Remove from oven. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer tomatillos to processor. Peel garlic and add to processor. Peel charred parts of chiles; coarsely chop chiles. Add generous 1/3 cup chopped chiles to processor (reserve remaining chiles for enchilada filling). Add 2 cups cilantro and 1 cup green onions to processor; using on/off turns, blend until coarse puree forms. Season salsa verde to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer 1 1/2 cups salsa verde to shallow bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped red onion and sauté until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp, oregano, cumin, and remaining chopped chiles to skillet; sauté just until shrimp are almost opaque but not completely cooked through, tossing often, 3 to 31/2 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 15x10x2- inch glass baking dish with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread 1/2 cup salsa verde from processor in bottom of dish. Stack tortillas; wrap in damp paper towels and place on plate. Microwave tortillas on high just until soft and pliable, 1 to 11/2 minutes. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, dip tortilla into bowl with 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, turning to coat both sides evenly. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Place 4 shrimp and some onion-chile mixture down center of tortilla, then sprinkle rounded tablespoonful cheese over. Roll up tortilla, enclosing shrimp and onion-chile filling. Place seam side down in dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, shrimp, onion-chile mixture, and cheese. Spread 2 cups salsa verde from processor over enchiladas.
- Bake enchiladas just until heated through and cheese melts, about 20 minutes. Using spatula, transfer 2 enchiladas to each of 6 plates. Spoon any remaining salsa verde over; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Drizzle with crema and garnish with red onion slices and additional chopped cilantro, if desired.
- Available in the produce section of some supermarkets and at Latin markets.
More about "shrimp in salsa verde recipes"
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP WITH CILANTRO RICE - DELISH
5/5 (3)Category Dinner, Main Dish
SEARED SHRIMP WITH SALSA VERDE RECIPE | JAMES BEARD …
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP AND COCONUT CAULIFLOWER RICE - DASH OF MANDI
SHRIMP TACOS WITH SALSA VERDE RECIPE | BIG Y
SHRIMP TACOS WITH TROPICAL AVOCADO SALSA VERDE - THE PRODUCE …
SPAGHETTI WITH GRILLED SHRIMP, ZUCCHINI, AND SALSA VERDE RECIPE
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP TACO RECIPE ⋆ REAL HOUSEMOMS
ONE-PAN SALSA VERDE SHRIMP & RICE | PUNCHFORK
SHRIMP SALSA VERDE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPICY SALSA VERDE SHRIMP - AN EASY SHRIMP RECIPE
SALSA VERDE RICE WITH SHRIMP - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
RUBIOS SALSA VERDE SHRIMP TACO COPYCAT RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
EASY GRILLED SHRIMP WITH CILANTRO SALSA VERDE RECIPE - EATINGWELL
SHRIMP ENCHILADAS WITH SALSA VERDE - MUY BUENO COOKBOOK
SHRIMP IN ROASTED GREEN SALSA - MAMA LATINA TIPS
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP ENCHILADAS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
SHRIMP TACOS WITH AVOCADO SALSA VERDE - RECIPE RUNNER
SHRIMP SALSA VERDE SALAD BOATS - BEAUTY AND THE FOODIE
SHRIMP TOSTADA WITH SALSA VERDE | CACIQUE® INC.
SHRIMP & SALSA VERDE ORZO SALAD – RECIPE | LA PREFERIDA
ROCK SHRIMP CHEESECAKE WITH CREAMY SALSA VERDE
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP AND CILANTRO RICE SKILLET - THE CURIOUS PLATE
BEST ONE-PAN SALSA VERDE SHRIMP & RICE RECIPE - DELISH.COM
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH MINT SALSA VERDE | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH SCALLION SALSA VERDE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
PAN-SEARED SHRIMP WITH CHIVE GRITS & SALSA VERDE RECIPE
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH SALSA VERDE | SHAPE
RECIPE: SALSA VERDE SHRIMP & GNOCCHI WITH CRISPY ALMOND …
PASTA SALSA VERDE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE - MEYER CANADA
TOMATO SALSA SHRIMP AND RICE - HAPPY FOODS TUBE
MOLCAJETE SHRIMP IN SALSA VERDE - NIBBLES AND FEASTS
SHRIMP & FENNEL KEBABS WITH ITALIAN SALSA VERDE RECIPE
SHRIMP CHILE VERDE (CAMARONES EN CHILE VERDE ... - LA PIñA EN LA …
SALSA VERDE SHRIMP CEVICHE! - LA PIñA EN LA COCINA
RUBY RED SHRIMP WITH WHITE BEANS AND KALE SALSA VERDE RECIPE
You'll also love