EASY SHRIMP & CRAB PASTA
I couldn't quite find a recipe with what I had in mind, so after looking at a few different ones, I tried this. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It is rich, but such a treat!
Provided by ladywisconsin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until onion is nearly translucent.
- Add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and salt/pepper.
- Add half and half, bring to boil.
- Mix corn starch with enouch water to dilute it, and pour into boiling sauce until you get desired consistency.
- Stir in crab and shrimp, cook another minute and take off of heat.
- Spoon over angel hair pasta and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.2, Fat 24, SaturatedFat 14.3, Cholesterol 168.2, Sodium 374.2, Carbohydrate 40.9, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2, Protein 28.7
CINDY'S SHRIMP AND CRAB CROQUETTES
- Bring 2 cups salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Add the rice, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until done, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and add the butter to the warm rice and stir to incorporate. Next, add the shrimp, crab, onions, jalapenos, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Essence and stir to combine. Stir in flour and eggs. Be careful not to break up the crabmeat when mixing the ingredients. Transfer the mixture to a storage container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large heavy-bottomed sauce pan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about a 1/3 of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 360 degrees F. (If you don't have a thermometer, a cube of bread will brown in about 3 minutes.)
- Remove the croquette mixture from refrigerator and shape into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick patties and coat with white cracker crumbs. Use an ice cream scoop to keep portion sizes the same.
- Fry the croquettes until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and season with salt. Serve with Garlic Aioli.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking," by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch Published by William Morrow, 1993.
- Combine the egg yolks, mustard and garlic cloves in a food processor. While processing, add 1 cup of the olive oil in a fine stream to make an emulsion. Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper and cayenne, and then the remaining oil. Process until thick and smooth.
SHRIMP AND CRAB CAKES
- Roughly chop the raw shrimp and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg whites with a fork until frothy. Stir in the cream, salt, pepper, and cumin seeds. Combine with chopped shrimp. Mix well with the jicama, green onion, cilantro, ginger, and kaffir lime leaves.
- Press any excess moisture out of the crab meat in a colander. Combine the crab with the shrimp mixture.
- Pour the panko into a wide, shallow dish. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the shrimp and crab mixture and drop it into the panko. Using your hands, shape the shrimp and crab mixture into round cakes and evenly coat with the panko. Repeat with the remaining mixture and place the crab cakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees F or heat 3/4-inch of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, just until the surface of the oil begins to gently ripple. Fry the crab cakes, a few at a time, until crispy and golden, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the hot oil with a slotted spoon or spider and place on absorbent paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce on the side.
- Put sugar, water, ginger, and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and reduce to a syrupy consistency (about 15 minutes). Strain through a fine sieve, discard ginger, reserve liquid, and let cool.
- In a small food processor, pulse cilantro, lime juice, chile, and green onion (about 30 seconds). Add ginger syrup and pulse until combined.
- Serve at room temperature.
SHRIMP AND CRAB CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine crab meat, shrimp, rice, mayonnaise, onion, milk, hot sauce, and almonds in casserole dish. Mix well.
- Cover top of casserole with crumbled crackers. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until casserole is bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 959.5 calories, Carbohydrate 41.2 g, Cholesterol 249.3 mg, Fat 68.4 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 914.8 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
CRAB 'N SHRIMP DIP
- Blend together the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Add the green onion, crab and shrimp. Place in a covered container and chill overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 67.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.5 g, Cholesterol 34.8 mg, Fat 5.3 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 2.9 g, Sodium 84.9 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SHRIMP & CRAB CASSEROLE
This quick, easy recipe is truly delicious. The succulent, melt-in-your-mouth seafood flavors and textures make for elegant comfort food. To make ahead, just assemble, cover and refrigerate, then bake when ready. -Jan Bartley, Evergreen, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread rice into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes., Stir in seafood seasoning, salt, pepper sauce and pepper. Fold in shrimp and crab. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, until shrimp turn pink, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. To Make Ahead: Can be made a day in advance. Prepare recipe as directed, cooling sauce slightly before adding shrimp and crab. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376 calories, Fat 17g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 195mg cholesterol, Sodium 1127mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
EASY SHRIMP PATE
This is so easy and delicious to serve as an appetizer. A friend gave me this recipe and it goes very quickly each time I serve it.
Provided by Ninna
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Beat cream cheese, butter and mayo with a fork.
- Process prawns finely and combine with other ingredients.
- Serve on diagonally sliced, toasted baguette.
- Keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
I did a search for crab pate recipes. There were only four of them on Recipezaar. I decided to adapt my quick pate recipe with crab. You may need to add more Worcestershire or hot sauce depending on taste.
Provided by franzcooks
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Open the cans of crab meat and squeeze out the liquid.
- Place the onion and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the crab meat and process until thoroughly mixed
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce and process until absorbed.
- Add the cream cheese and process until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor and whir for about 30 seconds.
- Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 76.9, Fat 5.1, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 27.5, Sodium 300.9, Carbohydrate 1.3, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 6.3
CRAB AND SHRIMP BOIL PASTA
Sweet corn, salty sausage, zesty shrimp, creamy potatoes and butter for dipping - a crab boil has everything you want in a meal. But unless you're a pro at cracking crab legs, it can be a challenge. Instead, capture those same flavors with this seafood pasta, which uses lump crab meat and this speedy sheet-pan shrimp boil. Get the shrimp boil into the oven, then immediately start preparing this recipe. (If the shrimp boil is done early, just cover it with aluminum foil until ready to add.) In the end, it all comes together in a big, shareable dish.
Provided by Millie Peartree
Categories dinner, pastas, seafood, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- As the water heats, in a Dutch oven or pot, sear sausage in oil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the sausage browns, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate to drain, and discard pan drippings.
- Add butter to the pot. When it melts, add garlic and sauté until fragrant. (Be careful not to burn the garlic.)
- Stir in broth, and add seafood seasoning, Cajun seasoning, red-pepper flakes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 5 minutes, then taste and adjust for seasonings. Set aside 1/2 cup garlic broth for serving.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add crab meat to the broth and gently stir until heated through. Add pasta and toss with tongs until evenly coated. Pour pasta into large serving bowl, then top with sausage and the sheet-pan shrimp boil. Drizzle the reserved garlic broth on top of the mixture. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
More about "shrimp or crab pate recipes"
SHRIMP AND CRAB PASTA - AN AFFAIR FROM THE HEART
CRAB AND SHRIMP ETOUFFEE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
POTTED SHRIMP AND CRAB | JAMIE OLIVER SEAFOOD RECIPES
EASY CRAB PATE RECIPE - APRIL J HARRIS
10 BEST SHRIMP CRAB CAKES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP & CRAB CAKES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
15 CANNED CRAB RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
LOBSTER SHRIMP AND CRAB RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
SHRIMP STUFFED CRAB CAKES - COOKING WITH TAMMY.RECIPES
SHRIMP AND CRAB BOIL - KATIE'S CUCINA
SEAFOOD PATE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SHRIMP PATE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CRAB MEAT OR SHRIMP CREPES - ALAMARRA
SHRIMP AND CRAB PASTA IN WHITE WINE SAUCE - BESOS, ALINA
CRAB-AND-SHRIMP ÉTOUFFéE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SEAFOOD DIP RECIPE WITH CRAB, SHRIMP, OR LOBSTER
HOMEMADE SHRIMP AND CRAB PASTA RECIPE - THEFOODXP
SHRIMP PATE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
5 WAYS TO USE SHRIMP PASTE | FOOD & WINE
HOW TO MAKE A TASTY SHRIMP PâTé | CAMARONEROS.INFO
SHRIMP IN CHILI CRAB SAUCE - FOXY FOLKSY
CREAMY CAJUN SHRIMP PASTA - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
CHRISTMAS MADE VERY EASY: SALMON AND SHRIMP PATE - MAIL ONLINE
10 BEST SHRIMP CRAB MEAT PASTA RECIPES | YUMMLY
FISH AND SEAFOOD ARCHIVES - APRIL J HARRIS
30 EASY SHRIMP APPETIZERS | TASTE OF HOME
CRAB CAKES WITH SHRIMP - CREOLE CONTESSA
SEAFOOD AND CRAB LEMON SCAMPI - WHAT'S COOKIN' ITALIAN STYLE …
CRAB AND SHRIMP POT PIE-THIS IS CRAZY GOOD!
SHRIMP CAKES - CAFE DELITES
SHRIMP WITH CRAB PASTE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SHRIMP APPETIZERS WITH CRAB STUFFING - GOOD DINNER MOM
OLD BAY® SHRIMP & CRAB PASTA - MCCORMICK
STEAK AND CREAMY SHRIMP AND CRAB SAUCE (SURF AND TURF)
WHAT ARE THE BEST CRAB PASTA RECIPES? | FEATURES | JAMIE OLIVER
You'll also love