SICILIAN STYLE SQUARE PIZZA RECIPE
- In a medium bowl, stir together the water and yeast. Let rest until the yeast bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 3 cups of flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and 1 tablespoon oil and stir together to form a sticky dough.
- Knead dough, adding remaining flour a little at a time until dough becomes a smooth, elastic ball, about 6-9 minutes. Alternatively, use an electric mixer with the paddle attachment to first combine ingredients and then switch to the dough hook.
- Add flour a little at a time until dough comes away from the sides of the bowl, about 3-5 minutes.
- Coat a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of oil. Turn dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.
- Rub remaining oil all over a 13" x 18" rimmed baking sheet until it is thoroughly coated. Turn dough onto baking sheet and stretch it with your fingers a little toward edges of the baking sheet. Don't overstretch it and be careful not to tear--don't worry about it reaching all the way to the edge yet.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and let sit until dough expands to nearly reach the edges, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 F, or as high as your oven will go.
- Uncover baking sheet and with oiled hands; gently stretch dough to the edges and corners of the baking sheet.
- Top the dough with sauce (make sure to leave about an inch of bare dough around the edges for the crust), cheese, and fresh basil leaves.
- Bake until the cheese and crust begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into square pieces. See Also Pizza Topping Recipes Neapolitan Pizza Recipe Pesto and White Bean Pizza Recipe
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63 kcal, Carbohydrate 4 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 336 mg, Fat 4 g, ServingSize 1 pizza (16 servings), UnsaturatedFat 3 g
HOMEMADE SICILIAN PIZZETTE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: store bought pizza dough, crushed san marzano tomatoes, parmesan cheese, fresh basil, pancetta, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper
Provided by Anthony Ashmore
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Upon bringing your dough home from the store, place it in a bowl that has been lightly greased with olive oil.
- Place the dough inside the bowl and cover the dough with a kitchen cloth.
- Let the dough sit for approximately 1.5-2 hours, or until the dough rises and expands.
- Once risen, place the dough onto a baking sheet and cut it into 2 halves.
- Begin stretching the dough in a circular manner on the baking sheet.
- After some pan stretching, put each of your fists underneath the dough and gently stretch the dough out in a circular direction.
- One stretched into a circular shape, grease your baking sheet liberally with olive oil and place your dough back onto the baking sheet.
- Next, brush the top of your dough with Olive Oil and layer as follows:
- Crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- A sprinkling of salt and pepper
- Sprinkling of parmesan cheese
- Pieces of fresh basil
- Pieces of cubed pancetta
- Pieces of chopped red onion
- A light drizzle of olive oil
- Ensure that all the ingredients are distributed evenly throughout the entire circumference of the pie.
- Bake in a convection oven at 500°F for 25-35 Minutes or until pizzette is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1129 calories, Carbohydrate 157 grams, Fat 46 grams, Fiber 16 grams, Protein 28 grams, Sugar 31 grams
SICILIAN PIZZA DOUGH
I saw Nick Stellino make this dough and use it to make four calzones. It will also make two pizzas. I've done both and they turn out wonderfully! My key to a great pizza is to slice everything VERY thin and to not pile it on too thick. Our usual pizza is feta, garlic, freshly grated parm, fresh spinach, toasted pine nuts, tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. I highly recommend it!
Provided by Lisa Pizza
Yield 2 pizza pies, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Coat a large bowl with teaspoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Stir first three ingredients together and let sit for 10 minutes, until nice and foamy.
- Place three cups of flour in large bowl and mix in salt.
- Place one cup of flour on work surface.
- Mix pour olive oil into yeast mixture and then pour yeast mixture into bowl with flour.
- Stir until as combined as possible.
- Turn out onto floured surface.
- With well floured hands, knead dough to work in the cup of flour on the board.
- Continue kneading until nice, smooth dough-ball is formed.
- Place in oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then kitchen towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Dough should double (at least).
- Use half the dough to form a pizza crust, crimp the edges, brush edges with olive oil and top as desired.
- Bake on pizza stone or ceramic tile at 425 F for approx 15 minutes.
SICILIAN PIZZA SAUCE
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until just starting to turn golden, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in tomato puree, water, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Bring tomato sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 106.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.4 g, Fat 5.4 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 539.3 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
SICILIAN PIZZA CRUST
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl; stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand until yeast forms a creamy foam, about 10 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl; add shortening, salt, sugar, and Italian seasoning. Stir in flour by hand until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out on a floured work surface and knead until smooth, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large greased bowl. Cover with a moist towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down gently. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes for air to release. Roll into a ball; spread and stretch over the bottom of a pizza pan. Let rise for 15 minutes before topping and baking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.2 calories, Carbohydrate 73.5 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 10.4 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 876.6 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
SICILIAN PIZZA (SFINCIONE)
Deep pan pizzas came to America via Sicily - this thick flavoured bread is topped with sausages, breadcrumbs and ricotta
Provided by John Torode
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- First, make the dough. Mix the yeast and sugar with the warm water. Place the flour and salt in a mixer with a dough hook, or in a bowl, make a well in the middle and pour in the liquid and oil. Mix by hand for 10 mins or 5 mins in the mixer, until dough is silky. Tip into a well-oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and place somewhere warm for about 40 mins or until doubled in size.
- Tip the dough onto a work surface and knead for 2 mins, knocking out any air pockets. The dough should be soft but not too elastic.
- Dust a 25 x 16cm baking tray with a little flour and place the dough in the centre. Using the palms of your hands and tips of your fingers, push the dough to the edges of the tray. Leave it for 30 mins to rise. While the dough is rising, fry the sausage in a dry pan until crumbly.
- Heat oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8. Spread the tomato sauce over the base, followed by the sausage, ricotta, provolone and dried breadcrumbs. Finally, drizzle with olive oil. Put in the oven for 5 mins, then turn down the heat and cook at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 20-25 mins, until golden brown. Leave to cool slightly, then cut into 6 chunks and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein, Sodium 2 milligram of sodium
More about "sicilian pizza recipes"
SICILIAN-STYLE PIZZA | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.8/5 (16)Total Time 5 hrs 7 minsServings 12-16
- To make the dough: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- Mix and knead together all of the dough ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — using just enough water to make a very soft, smooth dough; you may not need all of the water., Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 1 hour.
- Use immediately; or refrigerate for up to 24 hours to develop the crust's flavor., Use olive oil to lightly coat the bottom and edges of a half-sheet pan (18" x 13")., Remove the dough from the refrigerator, transfer it to the pan, and use your hands to gradually stretch it out towards the edges.
- When the dough starts to shrink back, let it relax, uncovered, for about 10 to 15 minutes, then stretch it again.
SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE AUTHENTIC - THE ART OF PIZZA MAKING
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
HOMEMADE SICILIAN STYLE SAUSAGE PIZZA - BALANCED BY BRI
SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN - INTERNET COOKING SHOW
BEST HOMEMADE SICILIAN STYLE PIZZA RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
GRAM'S SICILIAN PIZZA (SHEET PAN PIZZA RECIPE) | JOSIE + NINA
THE BEST SICILIAN PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - PIZZERIA ORTICA
SFINCIONE RECIPE – SICILIAN PIZZA - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
SICILIAN STYLE PIZZA RECIPE (STEP BY STEP) - WHISKAFFAIR
SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE FOR CRISPY SHEET PAN PIZZA (HOW TO …
SICILIAN PIZZA OR SICILIAN SCHIACCIATA? HERE IS THE AUTHENTIC RECIPE ...
HOW TO COOK A TYPICAL SICILIAN PIZZA: TIPS AND RECIPES
SHEET PAN SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE - CHEF BILLY PARISI
PIZZA SICILIANA - PIZZA TODAY
WHAT IS SICILIAN PIZZA? - THE SPRUCE EATS
MY BEST SICILIAN PAN PIZZA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SICILIAN PIZZA (LO SFINCIONE) - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
SICILIAN STYLE PIZZA RECIPE - HOMEMADE PIZZA PRO
SICILIAN PIZZA - LIDIA
SFINCIONE SICILIANO (SICILIAN STYLE PIZZA) - MANGIA BEDDA
SICILIAN-STYLE PIZZA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE SFINCIONE - MASTERCLASS
GRANNY-STYLE SICILIAN PIE RECIPE FROM ARTICHOKE BASILLE'S PIZZA ...
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PIZZA SAUCE AND SICILIAN PIZZA
THE ORIGINAL SICILIAN PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - DISHCRAWL
THE BEST SICILIAN PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE! (WITH IMAGES)
SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE - BBC FOOD
HOMEMADE SICILIAN-STYLE PIZZA | ALEXANDRA'S KITCHEN
AUTHENTIC SICILIAN PIZZA - TWO SOUTHERN SWEETIES
THICK-CRUST SICILIAN PIZZA - BROWN EYED BAKER
21 SICILIAN PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
THE AUTHENTIC, TASTY RECIPE FOR THE POPULAR SICILIAN PIZZA
SFINCIONE (SICILIAN STYLE PIZZA) - SICILIAN FOOD CULTURE
AUTHENTIC SICILIAN PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE- THE BEST RECIPE!
SHEET PAN SICILIAN PIZZA – JULIA PACHECO
NEW YORK SICILIAN PIZZA - SIP AND FEAST
SICILIAN PIZZA WITH PEPPERONI AND SPICY TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
TRADITIONAL SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SICILIAN PIZZA RECIPE — OONI USA
SICILIAN PIZZA - GRANDBABY CAKES
THE REAL SICILIAN PIZZA! - STADLER MADE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #main-dish #poultry #american #kid-friendly #romantic #pizza #chicken #dietary #meat #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love