PERFECT SANDWICH BREAD
I have been making lots of bread lately, and this is wonderful, soft, fluffy sandwich bread. The dough had the best texture of any I made so far. No bread machine required! Even though there is no machine, it's very easy for a first time bread maker to make. Prep time does not include rising. **I am sorry you didn't have success.. I have passed this on to lots of friends and they all had lots of success! I got the recipe from a video that is VERY helpful, I add an extra tbs honey. here is the link http://www.expertvillage.com/video/19818_bread-ingredients-measure.htm
Provided by newmama
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 loaves, 24 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- add yeast and a pinch of sugar (to feed the yeast) to warm water, let it sit 5-10 minutes until very foamy. water should be warm, but not hot, about 110 degrees.
- put proofed yeast into a large mixing bowl. add milk, honey, oil, and salt.
- add flour, start with 3 cups. mix with a sturdy spoon until smooth.
- add in more flour, one cup at a time until it gets to hard to stir.
- turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes adding more flour as needed. dough should be smooth, elastic and not too dry, but not sticking to your hands either.
- put dough in a greased bowl and turn it over to lightly grease it. cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a towel (you can use a damp paper towel and towel if you don't have plastic).
- sit it in a warm place (like on top of the fridge) for 1-1 1/2 hours until doubled in size.
- cut the dough in half as equal as you can. punch dough down, getting all the air out. form into a rectangle and roll up tight, tucking in the ends. it should look like a small loaf.
- place each loaf in a greased (I use shortening) loaf pan. cover again and let rise 45 minutes until about doubled in size.
- if you choose, brush with the egg for a nice glossy look (i prefer it).
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes on the middle rack (leave room, they will rise more in the oven!).
- the bread is done when it's golden and sounds hollow when you tap on it.
- remove immediately from the pans and cool on a cooling rack so the bottoms don't get soggy (check to make sure it's done by also tapping on the bottom-it should sound hollow also).
- cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.9, Fat 2.1, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 2.4, Sodium 203.4, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 2.2, Protein 3.7
SWEET SUB-STYLE SANDWICH BREAD
My family loves this bread recipe. It's easy to make and it is so different from other recipes. It's a slightly sweet bread and makes a fantastic sub-style sandwich. The guys at my husband's job BEG me to make this.
Provided by 2Labs2Many
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Process on dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove from machine to floured cloth or board.
- Cut dough into six pieces and shape each piece into a long loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.2, Fat 3.9, SaturatedFat 0.7, Cholesterol 31, Sodium 402.9, Carbohydrate 72.9, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 16.9, Protein 9.1
SOFT SANDWICH BUNS
"I bake these soft and golden sandwich buns a few times a week because my whole family loves them," reports Lesa Young of Turpin, Oklahoma. "I made 300 for a wedding reception and received compliments for weeks afterward."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 19mg cholesterol, Sodium 130mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
SWEET SANDWICH BREAD
This recipe started out as a recipe for Amish White Bread given to me by a friend. I adjusted it to our liking, and it's now my standard bread recipe. I make a batch every week or so. It has consistent results, makes excellent toast, french toast or sandwiches, and is equally good for sweet or savory uses.
Provided by April McIver
Categories Other Breads
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. Heat water to 110 - 120 degrees. Combine water, sugar and yeast in mixing bowl of a stand mixer and let sit until frothy, about ten minutes.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients and run the mixer on low just until the dough is smooth and well combined. Longer kneading seems to make the bread crumbly. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- 3. Cover bowl and let rise until roughly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Punch dough down. Divide in half, and shape each half into a loaf. You can roll it out then roll them up. I choose the lazy route and just sort of squash them into the bottom of a greased bread pan.
- 5. Set oven to 350 and let loaves rise again until roughly doubled. Bake about 30 minutes, until browned.
- 6. Cool a few minutes in pans, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack. This is much easier to slice the next day, so at this point I wrap and store it in the pantry or freezer.
More about "sweet sub style sandwich bread recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE SUBWAY BREAD | SUBWAY COPYCAT RECIPE
4.8/5 (96)Total Time 2 hrsCategory BreadCalories 244 per serving
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix with the dough hook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add an additional cup of flour and mix until well combined. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until a soft dough is formed. The dough should still stick to the bottom of of the bowl, but pull away from the sides. Let the dough mix for around 8 minutes total.
- When the dough has come together but is still sticking a bit to the bottom of the bowl, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. The dough should be very soft. Shape the dough into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for a half hour.
- After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a clean surface and divide it into 4. Roll each piece of dough into a long skinny loaf that is about 9 to 10 inches long.
EASY KETO SANDWICH BREAD RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
Reviews 258Calories 197 per servingCategory Breads
- Slowly add in the water and stir with a wooden spoon, stirring slowly as you add water, until your dough comes together.
- Pour bread dough into a loaf pan that has been lined with parchment paper or greased well (be sure to check your cooking spray to ensure it is in fact gluten free.)
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes - until puffy and golden brown. You will see air bubbles on the sides of the bread, similar to the way the bread looks inside.
HOMEMADE SANDWICH BREAD - OUR FAVORITE! YOU'LL LOVE IT!
4.8/5 (151)Servings 2Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 3 hrs 35 mins
- Take the time to proof your yeast first. In a bowl, pour the water and the sugar. Mix until dissolved. Add the yeast. Again, mix until dissolved. Set it aside for 10 minutes. When you come back it should have bubbles formed all over the top of it. This is how you know it’s “alive” and ready to go.
- Next, throw in the flour and the salt. Then, slice up the butter into smaller pieces and add it. This just makes it easier for it to blend when you’re mixing.
- Now comes the fun part. Knead the ingredients together for about 10 minutes by hand, about 5 minutes with a mixer. You can usually tell it’s done when it feels slightly elastic, smooth and isn’t sticking to anything.
- Knead the dough into a ball and place it in a clean bowl. Cover it with some plastic wrap that you have sprayed with cooking spray or rubbed with some oil. Set the bowl in a warm place. I actually just cover mine with two kitchen towels and put it on the counter in the back out of the way. Allow it to rise for one hour.
CLASSIC SANDWICH BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.6/5 (501)Total Time 2 hrs 42 minsServings 1Calories 120 per serving
- To make the dough: Weigh your flour; or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup, then sweeping off any excess.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased surface, oil your hands, and knead it for 6 to 8 minutes, or until it begins to become smooth and supple.
- Or mix and knead the dough using an electric mixer or food processor, or in a bread machine set to the dough or manual cycle., Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl, and allow the dough to rise until puffy though not necessarily doubled in bulk, about 1 to 2 hours, depending on the warmth of your kitchen.
8 RECIPES FOR GREAT SANDWICH BREADS - THE SPRUCE EATS
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Beginner's White Bread. Just want the basics? Try out this easy beginner's white bread recipe for white bread. It tastes delicious when sliced and used to make any of your favorite sandwiches.
- French Bread. Make delicious small sandwiches with this recipe for french bread. If you're really hungry, slice the whole loaf down the middle and stuff it with your favorite sandwich meats to make a delicious, super-sized hoagie.
- Sweet Potato Buns. For a unique sandwich bun, try sweet potato buns. It's a unique yeast bread recipe that's perfect for using up that last sweet potato or extra buttermilk you have around.
- Buttermilk Bread. Buttermilk bread has a rich, buttery flavor. It's a great sandwich bread for ham and cheese or roast beef. Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- Honey Wheat Bread. Are you a peanut butter and jelly kind of person? There's no better way to make the sandwich than on honey wheat bread. It just tastes better than plain old white bread.
- Pretzel Bread. Pretzel bread has become the new darling of the sandwich-bread set and, while this recipe can be made into loaves, it also makes a great bun or bowl to ladle hot, comforting soup into.
- Beer Bread. Break out the salami and mayo! Beer bread has a deep, beer flavor that can't be beat. It's also a hit for adult sports gatherings.
- Easy Potato Bread. For country folk, there's nothing better than this easy potato bread, butter, and a favorite lunch meat. It's a simple, filling lunch that'll hold you off until dinnertime.
SUBWAY SANDWICH BREAD - COOKING FROM HEART
Reviews 23Category Main DishCuisine Baked GoodiesEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- In a bowl, prepare the yeast for proofing by mixing the active instant dry yeast with sugar and warm water. Let it stand for 3-5 mins until it is frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour along with salt and olive oil. Mix it well. Pour the frothy yeast mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until the dough is lumpy. Invert it onto a clean kitchen counter and knead it well for 5-8 mins at the least. To knead, stretch the dough away from you using the heel of your palm, fold it over, turn it by a quarter and bring it towards you. Repeat this for full 5-8 mins.
EASY HEALTHY SANDWICH BREAD - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
4/5 (14)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsCategory Bread, Side DishCalories 175 per serving
- Combine the flours (start with only 2 cups of white flour), oats, seeds and salt in a large bowl and mix. This can also be done in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and bring together into a rough dough. Add the butter or oil and knead.
THE BEST SOFT AND CHEWY BREAD ROLLS – PERFECT FOR HOAGIES ...
Cuisine BakingTotal Time 2 hrs 25 minsCategory BreadCalories 376 per serving
- If using Active Dry Yeast (not the Instant I use) you have to proof the yeast first. Add the Active Dry Yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbl warm water in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook add in 2 cups of flour, water, sugar, and Instant Yeast. Start off on low. Mix for 4 minutes.
- Add in the salt and 1 cup at a time of the remaining flour and mix for 5-6 minutes until the dough is slack (See note). At this point, your mixer should be at medium speed. If your dough, after 5-6 minutes is not slack add in a bit more water (2-4 Tbl). The additional water will fully depend on how humid your room is.
SWEET POTATO SANDWICH ROLLS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
4.9/5 (21)Total Time 1 hr 47 minsServings 6-8Calories 238 per serving
- To make the dough: Place all of the ingredients (holding back 1/2 cup (60g) of the all-purpose flour) into the bowl of your mixer or the bucket of your bread machine, set up for the dough cycle., Mix until you've formed a soft, but not sticky dough.
- Add more flour from your reserved amount if needed to achieve the correct consistency., Knead the dough for 6 minutes, then place it in a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 45 minutes to an hour; it will almost double in size and look puffy., To shape and finish the rolls: After the first rise, deflate the dough and divide it into 6 pieces.
- Or you can roll each piece into a 12" to 14" rope, and form into a knot-style roll., Place the rolls either in a hamburger bun pan or on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
THE BEST WHITE SANDWICH BREAD | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.6/5 (500)Category BreadsServings 2Total Time 2 hrs 55 mins
CHICKEN SUB SANDWICH RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
Servings 1Total Time 15 minsCategory Main
TOP 10 BEST SANDWICH BREADS FOR THE BEST SANDWICHES
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
CIABATTA BREAD SANDWICH ROLLS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
BREAD JAM SANDWICH | 2 INGREDIENT RECIPE | SWEET …
HOAGIE ROLLS IN BREAD MACHINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
WONDER BREAD SUB ROLLS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SUB ROLLS IN BREAD MACHINE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
BEST RECIPES OF YEAR: SWEET SUB-STYLE SANDWICH BREAD
ITALIAN SUB ROLLS RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
SUB SANDWICH BREAD RECIPES
TUNA SALAD SUB SANDWICHES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SUBWAY BREAD RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE SUBWAY BUN SANDWICH …
BREAD JAM SANDWICH IN TAMIL | 2 INGREDIENT RECIPE | SWEET ...
SWEET SUB-STYLE SANDWICH BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM | …
#time-to-make #course #preparation #healthy #breads #bread-machine #low-fat #dietary #low-saturated-fat #yeast #low-in-something #equipment #small-appliance #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How easy is it to make sandwich bread?Baking bread is really easy. This recipe makes two 1 pound loaves of sandwich bread. Warning: If you have a family of seven, they will consume at least a loaf a day. You will need two loaf pans. I typically use my Pyrex 9×5 inch glass loaf pans, because I prefer a lighter crust on a sandwich bread, but again, use what you prefer.
How do you make subway bread at home?Perfect homemade Subway bread recipe, just like the restaurant. This recipe makes a perfect copycat loaf of Subway bread for sandwiches at home. In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
Can you make a sandwich on Honey Wheat Bread?There's no better way to make the sandwich than on honey wheat bread. It just tastes better than plain old white bread. Pretzel bread has become the new darling of the sandwich-bread set and, while this recipe can be made into loaves, it also makes a great bun or bowl to ladle hot, comforting soup into.
What is the best type of bread for a sandwich?Top 10 Best Sandwich Breads for the Best Sandwiches. 1 White Bread. It may be beloved by Americans and people everywhere but let’s be honest about this. Plain old white bread is something of a bore when it ... 2 Wheat Bread. 3 Potato Bread. 4 Multigrain. 5 French Baguette. More items