TURKEY STIR-FRY WITH CABBAGE
Cabbage makes a crunchy alternative to rice in this delicious stir-fry laced with a sweet-savory sauce and packed with flavor. A fabulous solution for busy nights! Chinese five-spice powder is a blend of anise, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and star anise. You can find it on the spice shelf at your local grocery store. -Didi Desjardins, Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in the chutney, soy sauce, five-spice powder and garlic., In a large skillet, saute turkey in 3 teaspoons oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; set aside. In the same skillet, saute red pepper and snow peas in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey; heat through., Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute cabbage in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with turkey mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 69mg cholesterol, Sodium 803mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 38g protein.
TURKEY CABBAGE ROLLS
This is my version of cabbage rolls using ground turkey instead of ground beef. This dish freezes well, so you can have half for dinner and freeze the other half for another time. Mashed potatoes make a good side dish.
Provided by DHANO923
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a pot, bring 1 cup water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Reduce heat to low and place cabbage leaves in pot. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, until tender. Drain leaves and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook turkey and onion until turkey is brown and onion is tender. Transfer turkey and onion to a bowl, cool slightly, and mix in cooked rice, egg and 1 can tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 can tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Scatter carrot slices evenly over bottom of casserole dish. Spread cabbage leaves on a flat surface and place about 2 tablespoons turkey mixture in the center of each leaf. Fold edges of leaves over filling, then roll into logs. Place cabbage rolls seam side down in dish over carrots. Pour sauce evenly over rolls.
- Cover and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove cover during last 10 minutes of cook time. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 245 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 68 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 14.1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 659.9 mg, Sugar 13.1 g
TURKEY WITH CABBAGE AND CREAM CHEESE
- Heat butter in a wok. Add turkey and onion. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up.
- Add cabbage. Cover. Cook until tender (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in cheese, milk, seeds, herbs and salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 451.7, Fat 33.5, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 182.3, Sodium 335.1, Carbohydrate 5.6, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 3.3, Protein 31.2
SHEET PAN MEATLOAF
This meatloaf cooks in about 1 hour and has minimal cleanup required. It's perfect for a weeknight meal. Pair with three-ingredient macaroni and cheese, and a vegetable to round out this meal.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Categories Beef Meatloaf
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, onion, 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in large bowl and mix by hand.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Shape meatloaf mixture evenly into a rectangular shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Brush with remaining BBQ sauce (or more as needed) and bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees C (73 degrees C), about 15 more minutes.
- Slice meatloaf and serve with extra BBQ sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 465.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20.4 g, Cholesterol 189.5 mg, Fat 33.3 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 13.2 g, Sodium 341.2 mg
TURKEY CABBAGE BAKE
"I revised this old recipe by using ground turkey instead of ground beef (to make it healthier), by finely chopping the cabbage to improve texture and by adding thyme," explains Irene Gutz of Fort Dodge, Iowa. "Crescent rolls help it go together quickly, and it's often requested."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. , Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and carrot over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the cabbage, soup and thyme. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. , On a lightly floured surface, press second tube of crescent dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over casserole. , Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts :
EASY CABBAGE AND TURKEY SAUSAGE
Cut into dinner prep time with our Easy Cabbage and Turkey Sausage. In only 25 minutes, this cabbage and turkey sausage dish can be yours to slice into!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine cabbage, onions and carrots in medium bowl.
- Mix sugar, vinegar and mustard until blended. Add to cabbage mixture; mix lightly. Spoon onto centers of 4 large sheets heavy-duty foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cut each sausage piece lengthwise in half; place over cabbage mixture. Fold foil to make 4 packets; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 min. or until cabbage is crisp-tender. Cut slits in foil to release steam before carefully opening packets.
- Fill buns with sausage and cabbage mixture just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Fat 5 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 12 g
SIMPLE TURKEY WITH CABBAGE AND CHEESE
This is just something I threw together last night. It's pretty bland as is, but you can always add more spice if you want. This is very inexpensive--you can get ground turkey pretty cheap, especially ground necks and backs. Great for sickies that need a bland diet!
Provided by Missmagill
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Brown turkey in pan.
- Add cabbage, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cheese. Stir until combined well and cook for a few minutes. You may need to add a little bit of water to this depending on how lean your turkey is.
- Serve and enjoy.:).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405.1, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 12, Cholesterol 158.6, Sodium 251.2, Carbohydrate 10.2, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 5.3, Protein 33.9
More about "simple turkey with cabbage and cheese recipes"
10 BEST GROUND TURKEY CABBAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TURKEY BACON AND CABBAGE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SAUTéED BEEF CABBAGE AND RICE - BUDGET BYTES
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
DELICIOUS CABBAGE CASSEROLE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
CABBAGE WITH CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
STUFFED CABBAGE WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CARIBBEAN PINEAPPLE BAKED WINGS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
20 EASY GROUND TURKEY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
UNSTUFFED TURKEY AND CABBAGE CASSEROLE - LIFE MADE SWEETER
10 BEST GROUND TURKEY CABBAGE CASSEROLE RECIPES - YUMMLY
GROUND TURKEY & CABBAGE STIR-FRY RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
TURKEY SANDWICH (DELI STYLE) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
WORLD BEST DIABETIC FOOD RECIPES : SIMPLE TURKEY WITH CABBAGE …
SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE CASSEROLE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
GROUND TURKEY CABBAGE SKILLET (+ EXCITING NEWS) - PRIMAVERA …
TURKEY CABBAGE ROLLS WITH ZUCCHINI | CANADIAN GOODNESS
QUICK AND EASY DINNER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SIMPLE TURKEY WITH CABBAGE AND CHEESE - PLAIN.RECIPES
ONE-POT CABBAGE TURKEY CASSEROLE RECIPE - FEEDING MY KID
GROUND TURKEY AND CABBAGE CASSEROLE - SPICESINC.COM
TURKEY STUFFED CABBAGE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
EASY TURKEY SOUP WITH CABBAGE - EVERYDAYMAVEN™
QUICK KETO BOLOGNESE WITH CABBAGE NOODLES - DIET DOCTOR
THAI TURKEY AND CABBAGE BOWLS - THE ROASTED ROOT
TURKEY CABBAGE CASSEROLE WEIGHT WATCHERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ONE-POT CABBAGE AND TURKEY CASSEROLE - FEEDING MY KID
CABBAGE ROLL CASSEROLE - THE SEASONED MOM
LOW CARB CHEESY CABBAGE CASSEROLE - THE BEST KETO RECIPES
TURKEY CABBAGE SKILLET RECIPE WITH POUILLY-FUMé - COOKING CHAT
30+ EASY GROUND TURKEY RECIPES | THE RECIPE REBEL
OVEN ROASTED CHEESY CABBAGE - SUGARLOVESPICES
25 SIMPLE KETO GROUND TURKEY RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
BROCCOLI TURKEY CASSEROLE - EASYHEALTH LIVING
EASY TURKEY SOUP WITH CABBAGE RECIPE - PACIFIC FOODS
TURKEY FLORENTINE MEATLOAF STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
TURKEY STUFFED CABBAGE SKILLET – JULIA PACHECO
EASY CABBAGE ROLLS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
RICE RISOTTO WITH PURPLE CABBAGE AND CHEESE RECIPE - SIMPLE …
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #very-low-carbs #main-dish #side-dishes #poultry #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #diabetic #turkey #stove-top #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #gluten-free #low-calorie #low-carb #inexpensive #egg-free #free-of-something #low-in-something #meat #greens #lettuces #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Turkey and cabbage casserole?Add ground turkey and cook for 10 minutes or so, breaking it into small pieces and stirring occasionally. Add cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir well. Add tomato sauce, broth, salt, and pepper and stir well to combine all the ingredients together. Cook for 7 minutes. Add peas and cook for more 2 minutes.
How long to cook Turkey cabbage and cabbage?Directions: Add ground turkey and cook for 10 minutes or so, breaking it into small pieces and stirring occasionally. Add cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir well. Add tomato sauce, broth, salt, and pepper and stir well to combine all the ingredients together. Cook for 7 minutes.
What can I make with cabbage instead of meat for Thanksgiving?Cut cabbage into large pieces and place in casserole dish. Brown turkey and onion. Add rice to turkey and stir. Salt and pepper to taste. Put turkey mixture over cabbage. Add tomato soup, water, and stewed tomatoes. Bake (covered) for 30 to 45 minutes until rice and cabbage are tender. “This is a great alternative to meat and cabbage roles.
How to cook Turkey and cabbage in a cast iron skillet?Instructions In a cast iron skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add ground turkey and cook for 10 minutes or so, breaking it into small pieces and stirring occasionally. Add cabbage and cook for about 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir well.