TROPICAL SALAD WITH PINEAPPLE VINAIGRETTE
An easy salad to make with a bag of salad greens, pineapple, bacon bits, nuts and toasted coconut. Use fresh pineapple, if you can, and substitute toasted almonds for the macadamia nuts, if desired.
Provided by Marianne G
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt in a lidded jar or cruet. Cover and shake well.
- Toss lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255.4 calories, Carbohydrate 10.9 g, Cholesterol 10.1 mg, Fat 22.4 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 5.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 323.6 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE TROPICAL POTATO SALAD #SP5
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe for potato salad will have your taste buds begging for seconds and thirds! It is fast and simple to make. Although fast and simple to make, it will definitely satisfy your appetite! This dish is perfect for lunch, dinner. side dish, or a small dish for eating in between meals!
Provided by Roger B.
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- First microwave Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes on high for 3 minutes with plastic film peeled on the corner for ventilation.
- Then peel off plastic film entirely and stir Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes thoroughly, then place back in microwave for 1 minute.
- Take Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 2/3 cups of mayonnaise, 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped peaches, 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped ham and 2 tbsp of white cheddar cheese to mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed, then serve!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.6, Fat 29.8, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 45.7, Sodium 1214.3, Carbohydrate 23.2, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 8.9, Protein 11.3
TROPICAL SWEET POTATO SALAD
I had an abundance of sweet potatoes, so I put them to work and came up with this sweet and spicy salad. -Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes, mango and onion in a single layer in 2 foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with chili powder, salt and pepper. Bake, turning vegetables at least twice, until tender, 35-40 minutes; cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl., Combine Miracle Whip, yogurt, pineapple juice concentrate and serrano peppers. Fold into potato mixture. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Serve cold. If desired, sprinkle with sliced serrano.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 317mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (17g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
SIMPLE POTATO SALAD
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool.
- Peel the eggs and cut around the egg white; keep the yolk whole.
- Dice the egg whites and potatoes. Combine in a mixing bowl and add the salad dressing.
- Toss the potatoes and egg; crumble the egg yolk on top and serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556.8 calories, Carbohydrate 50.1 g, Cholesterol 164 mg, Fat 35.6 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 8.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 1059.4 mg, Sugar 18.4 g
CLASSIC POTATO SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Boil, peel and cube 2 pounds russet potatoes; toss with 2 tablespoons cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix 2 cups mayonnaise, 2 chopped scallions, 1 chopped celery stalk, 1 tablespoon each dijon mustard and vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt. Toss with the potatoes.
TROPICAL SWEET POTATO SALAD
A great choice instead of the traditional potato salad. The spices, pineapple, and toasted pecans provide the perfect complement to the naturally sweet yams.
Provided by weekend cooker
Categories Yam/Sweet Potato
Yield 8 dishes, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, cook sweet potatoes for 8-10 minutes in boiling water just until tender. Do not overcook.
- Drain and toss with lemon juice, and set aside.
- Add celery, green onions, pineapple chunks, and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange rind, orange juice, ghoney, ginger, and salt.
- Mix the mayonnaise dressing with sweet potato mixture, tossing gently.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
More about "simply irresistible tropical potato salad sp5 recipes"
SIMPLY DELI SALADS: 28 BEST RECIPES FOR POTATO SALAD ...
Estimated Reading Time 9 mins
16 EASY SWEET POTATO SALADS - BEST RECIPES FOR SWEET ...
RED POTATO SALAD - DAILY APPETITE - RECIPES FOR EVERY ...
4.6/5 (7)Category Side DishServings 8Total Time 55 mins
FOODS FOR "COLOMBIAN" TAG| PAGE 1
SALMON CASSEROLE - INFO GALORESOLUTIONS
BLACKBERRY COBBLER CAKE - INFO GALORESOLUTIONS
COMMON INGREDIENTS IN POTATO SALAD RECIPES
SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE TROPICAL POTATO SALAD #SP5 • RECIPES ...
CARIBBEAN POTATO SALAD - IMMACULATE BITES
SIMPLY POTATOES POTATO SALAD RECIPE
RECIPEDB - COSYLAB.IIITD.EDU.IN
RED SNAPPER WITH SESAME GINGER MARINADE | RECIPES, RED ...
EASY SIMPLE CLASSIC POTATO SALAD - HAPPILY UNPROCESSED
THE BEST SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE TROPICAL POTATO SALAD #SP5
SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE TROPICAL POTATO SALAD #SP5 RECIPE ...
RED SNAPPER WITH SESAME GINGER MARINADE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE TROPICAL POTATO SALAD #SP5 RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make potato salad in the Caribbean?Caribbean Potato Salad - This incredible potato salad is creamy, luscious, tasty and chock full of vegetables. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Then add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm to the touch, about 5-10 minutes.
What's the best way to make potato salad?Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Peel the eggs and cut around the egg white; keep the yolk whole. Dice the egg whites and potatoes. Toss the potatoes and egg; crumble the egg yolk on top and serve chilled.
How to make tropical salad with pineapple vinaigrette?Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt in a lidded jar or cruet. Cover and shake well. Toss lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut. Crunchy, creamy tangy pineapple dessert!