KID-PLEASING SLOPPY JOES
This is one of my kids' favorite recipes! I could make this five times in a row and they'd never get tired of it. It's easy to make and a real quick, hot meal for those busy nights. I will add cheese on top of the sandwiches or warm the rolls in the oven. I occasionally add mild banana peppers on top for my husband since he is a fan of spicy things.
Provided by Sheila Ruth
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Return skillet to heat.
- Stir ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard into the beef mixture; simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16.4 g, Cholesterol 45.9 mg, Fat 9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 13.5 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 539.7 mg, Sugar 14.3 g
SLOPPY JOES II
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188.8 calories, Carbohydrate 11.2 g, Cholesterol 49.6 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 15.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 416.3 mg, Sugar 9.6 g
CLASSIC SLOPPY JOES
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce into beef mixture in skillet. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season the mixture with more salt and pepper, as desired. Spoon onto buns, and serve immediately.
SLOPPY JOES FOR PICKY KIDS!
I combined several recipes and came up with this and all 3 of my kids loved it, LOL! I use ground turkey, but you can use whatever ground meat you like. You can even use a combo of ground meat and TVP, for even lower fat. I used 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder and it wasn't too hot for the kids. See Note.
Provided by WI Cheesehead
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Start making the sauce by combining the ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worc. sauce and chili powder in a small saucepot.
- Bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook ground turkey, garlic, red pepper and onion in a large saucepan until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add sauce to meat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
- NOTE: You could add chopped carrot and ground flax seed for added nutrition too, if your kids aren't too picky! The sauce tends to mask all the other vegetable flavors.
KIDS' FAVORITE SLOPPY JOES
This is a super-simple, sweet'n tangy, kid-friendly sloppy joe recipe. Kids who don't like sloppy joes, like these.
Provided by Soeur Souris
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Brown the hamburger and onion together.
- Pour off fat.
- Add other ingredients and heat through.
- The longer it simmers, the better it tastes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 381.6, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 101.5, Sodium 1651.5, Carbohydrate 22.2, Fiber 1, Sugar 17.9, Protein 33
SHORTCUT SLOPPY JOES
Turn leftover hamburgers into your own homemade sloppy joes. Grating the onions helps them melt into the filling, especially good for picky eaters.
Provided by Jennifer Perillo
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart pot over medium-low heat until shimmering, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the carrots and onions. Saute, stirring a few times, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, being careful not to burn the onions. Add the tomatoes, meat, sugar, tomato paste, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and cinnamon. Stir in 1/2 cup of water. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the meat and carrots are tender, 20 to 25 minutes,. To serve, lay the bottom of the buns onto a platter, or onto individual dishes. Spoon an even amount of filling on top, and cover with the bun tops.
QUICK TANGY SLOPPY JOES
I adjusted three different recipes to come up with this one. Kids like the tangy taste and request the sandwiches for birthday parties.-Anna Adams, Chatsworth, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook beef, onion, red pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain., In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, vinegar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and salt; stir into beef mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 50mg cholesterol, Sodium 935mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 20g protein.
More about "sloppy joes for picky kids recipes"
SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - 20 MINUTES & KID APPROVED!
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory DinnerCalories 301 per serving
- Cook, breaking up the beef as you go, until the beef is cooked and veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is cooking, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the sauce: ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt.
PICKY EATER RECIPES FOR KIDS - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
19 RECIPES FOR KIDS WHO ARE PICKY EATERS - EAT THIS NOT …
EASY SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
SLOPPY JOES | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY VENISON SLOPPY JOES - WIDE OPEN EATS
70 DINNERS TO MAKE FOR YOUR PICKY EATER | TASTE OF HOME
AWARD WINNING SLOPPY JOES (IN 20 MINUTES!) - DINNER, …
THE BEST HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES - THE CHUNKY CHEF
EASY CROCK POT SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - EATING ON A DIME
10 FAMILY-FRIENDLY SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
KID FRIENDLY VEGETARIAN LENTIL SLOPPY JOE SANDWICH …
SLOPPY JOES FOR PICKY EATERS - THE FLAVOR VORTEX
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 25 mins
18 BEST SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
SLOPPY JOES - BEST FROM SCRATCH RECIPE! - KRISTINE'S KITCHEN
SUPER EASY SLOPPY JOES FROM SCRATCH - THRIFTY FRUGAL MOM
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES — BUNS IN MY OVEN
BEST EASY HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - LITTLE SPICE JAR
BAKED SLOPPY JOE CUPS | RECIPE | PICKY EATER RECIPES, RECIPES, FOOD
THESE CHEESEBURGER SLOPPY JOES WILL TRICK KIDS INTO ... - COOKING …
THE VERY BEST SLOPPY JOE RECIPE (TOP RATED!!!) • FIVEHEARTHOME
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOE RECIPE | EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEA
SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
SLOPPY JOES FOR PICKY EATERS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES RECIPE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
THE BEST SLOPPY JOE RECIPE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
OLD-SCHOOL SLOPPY JOES - WEEKEND AT THE COTTAGE
35+ EASY AND DELICIOUS SLOPPY JOE RECIPES - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES PIONEER WOMAN - WATCH RECIPE …
HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES (+ SAUCE) - AVERIE COOKS
BEST 23 KID FRIENDLY SLOPPY JOES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND …
PICKY-EATER SLOPPY JOES - SLOPPY JOE RECIPES
PICKY-EATER SLOPPY JOES | RECIPE | SLOPPY JOES RECIPE, SLOPPY JOES, …
SLOPPY JOES FRENCH FRIES RECIPES
KIDS' SLOPPY JOES RECIPE | LUNCH IDEAS FOR KIDS | TESCO REAL FOOD
THE BEST HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES - FELTON ANGUS BEEF
EASY! 30-MINUTE GROUND CHICKEN SLOPPY JOES [KID APPROVED]
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #lunch #main-dish #beef #vegetables #potluck #stove-top #dietary #spicy #sandwiches #high-protein #brown-bag #ground-beef #high-in-something #meat #onions #peppers #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Are sloppy joes just for kids?Sloppy Joes aren't just for kids. These Sloppy Joe recipes are easy to make, and tasty enough that kids and adults alike will love them. Whether you make them for weeknight dinner, or game day gatherings, enjoy these ideas for sandwiches, burgers, and casseroles with that classic, saucy meat filling you remember from childhood.
What's the best way to prepare Sloppy Joes for a party?—Ellen Stringer, Bourbonnais, Illinois These tasty sloppy joes with plenty of mass appeal are perfect for a gathering. If you're taking them to an event, simplify things by cooking the beef mixture and stirring in other ingredients the night before. Cool the meat sauce in shallow bowls in the fridge, then cover and refrigerate them overnight.
Who invented the sloppy joes?Rumor has it that the sloppy joe was created back in 1930 by a cook named Joe in Sioux City, Iowa. Adults and kids continue to love this sweet and savory sandwich, which Sarah makes with fresh ingredients. A quick, easy, and inexpensive meal that comes together in under 30 minutes!
Can You refrigerate sloppy joes the night before?These tasty sloppy joes with plenty of mass appeal are perfect for a gathering. If you're taking them to an event, simplify things by cooking the beef mixture and stirring in other ingredients the night before. Cool the meat sauce in shallow bowls in the fridge, then cover and refrigerate them overnight.