- Cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water as directed on back of mix. Cook for amount directed.
- Stir in refried beans.
- Cube velveeta and put in microwavable bowl. Microwave for a minute or two, add rotel, stir, and microwave again until melted stirring every minute or so.
- Put 1-1/2 cup cheese mixture into beef. Set other cheese aside for end.
- Warm tortillas in microwave.
- Put 1/2 cup or more of cheese/beef mixture into each tortilla.
- Roll and place in greased 13x9 pan. (You will probably need 2 pans for this.)
- Put rest of cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
SMOTHERED SKILLET BEEF BURRITOS
Love burritos and enchiladas? With these hearty burritos, smothered in enchilada sauce, you never have to choose a favorite! They come together in one skillet for a quick dinner that's packed with Mexican flavor.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain, and return mixture to skillet. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to medium bowl. Clean out skillet; spray with cooking spray.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Divide refried beans, rice and beef mixture among centers of tortillas in 4-inch long strip. Evenly top with 1 cup of the cheese. Roll up into burritos, and place seam side down in skillet. Bake 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and burritos are heated through (165°F). Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 430, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 22 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1070 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
SMOTHERED BEEF BURRITOS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add chili and salsa and mix well.
- Fill tortillas with 1/2 of the beef mixture and roll tortilla around the filling forming burritos. Mix the remaining beef mixture with cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Cover the bottom of two 9x13-inch baking dishes with soup-beef mixture. Arrange burritos in the baking dishes; top with remaining soup-beef mixture. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over burritos. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is bubbling, 40 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 942.8 calories, Carbohydrate 73 g, Cholesterol 136.9 mg, Fat 52.3 g, Fiber 4.9 g, Protein 44 g, SaturatedFat 25.1 g, Sodium 1901.7 mg, Sugar 4.7 g
My brother-in-law teased that I only knew five ground beef recipes. I proved him wrong with my inventive spicy burritos. -Kim Kenyon, Greenwood, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix enchilada sauce and salsa verde., In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce mixture., Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture across center of each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up., Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over top; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 624 calories, Fat 33g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 1470mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
- 1. preheat oven to 350 brown hamburger meat drain fat in large pot add enchilada sauce,refried beans half of the cheese half of enchilada sauce half of black olives and hamburger meat and onions and green chilis or rotel stir together till well blended
- 2. place tortilla shells in pan add filling to your prefred thickness roll up continue until your pan is full pour your remaining enchilada sauce and cheese and black olives on top bake in oven until cheese is melted and bubbely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, onion, and green chiles in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add water, chili powder, salt, red pepper flakes, cumin, and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Stir refried beans into beef mixture and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup and sour cream together in a bowl.
- Fill each tortilla with beef mixture and roll tortilla around filling. Arrange burritos in the prepared baking dish; top with sour cream mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cover burritos with Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1135.7 calories, Carbohydrate 91.2 g, Cholesterol 158.5 mg, Fat 62.7 g, Fiber 10.9 g, Protein 51.4 g, SaturatedFat 31.4 g, Sodium 2692.1 mg, Sugar 5 g
More about "smothered burritos recipes"
SMOTHERED BAKED CHICKEN BURRITOS - CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
Reviews 231Total Time 30 mins
- Prepare Mexican Chicken according to recipe directions (click on 1 Recipe Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken for recipe). Drain any excess liquid from chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and add a baking rack on top. Prepare burritos by adding a heaping 1/2 cup filling to each tortilla (uncooked if using raw tortillas), top with desired amount of cheese and roll up burrito style. Place burritos on the baking rack and brush both sides lightly with olive oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Broil to desired crispiness, flip over and broil the other side until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare Sauce by melting butter in olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low then gradually whisk in chicken broth. Add spices and bring to a simmer while stirring until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in green chilies, cheese until melted then sour cream. Add hot sauce to taste (optional).
THE BEST SMOTHERED CARNE ASADA BURRITOS RECIPE
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 700 per serving
- Add the main ingredients (carne asada, beans, and rice) in the middle of the large tortilla, one at time. If you want, you can add the guajillo salsa and cheese at this point or you can smother the burrito at the end. Feel free to include the pico de gallo inside as well if you would like.
- Mix the ingredients up a little bit with a fork or spoon so that there is an even distribution of ingredients throughout.
EASY TO MAKE SMOTHERED BURRITO RECIPE | MOM'S DINNER
Cuisine MexicanTotal Time 40 minsCategory DinnerCalories 694 per serving
- In a large skillet sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and brown while crumbling until it is cooked through.
- Add the salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powder, and oregano. Give it a good stir.Stir in the tomato paste to coat the beef and sauté for 1 minute.Pour in the water and mix. Remove from the heat.
SMOTHERED BURRITOS RECIPE - BLOGCHEF
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
- Add cubed beef, beef bouillon cubes, and enchilada sauce into a crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Heat up refried beans in a microwave safe dish or in a small saucepan on the stove top.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Lay out a flour tortilla onto a flat surface. Place a thin layer of refried beans into the center of the tortilla, add about a ½ cup of the meat mixture onto the burrito with a slotted spoon (make sure to drain most of the liquid). Fold the sides of the burrito in, then roll from the other sides until you have a package formed.
- Place the burrito seam side down into the casserole dish. Spoon some of the remaining enchilada sauce in the crock pot over the burrito and top with shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat until all of the burritos are rolled and in the casserole dish.
- Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. You can also place the burritos onto microwave-safe plates, and microwave for about 30 seconds until the cheese has melted.
SMOTHERED BURRITOS RECIPE - FLAVORITE
4.5/5 (45)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Entree,Dinner See details »
SMOTHERED BURRITO RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
2.8/5 (246)Category DinnersAuthor Serene HerreraCalories 912 per serving See details »
SMOTHERED BURRITOS - THAT'S SOME GOOD COOKIN'
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Use a deep frying pan with a lid to cook the ground beef. Heat frying pan over medium heat; cook together the ground beef, onion and garlic, breaking up the ground beef well. When ground beef is no longer pink, remove pan from burner and drain grease.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Make a roux by sprinkling the melted butter with flour and whisking together until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, just until the roux begins to turn a light golden brown and smells nutty.
BEST EVER SMOTHERED WET BURRITOS (BELTLINE BAR COPYCAT ...
Reviews 372Calories 1204 per servingCategory Beef
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned and onion begins to soften. Click for a medium skillet.
- Drain grease, and season with the garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies and refried beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, no-bean chili, and enchilada sauce. Whisk together until mixed well, and cook over medium heat until heated through. Turn off heat and keep warm. Click for a whisk.
BAKED CHICKEN BURRITOS - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Entrees
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup of the enchilada sauce and the taco seasoning mix.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Divide refried beans, rice and chicken mixture among center of each tortilla in 4-inch long strip. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and burritos are heated through (165°F). Top with green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
SHREDDED PORK SMOTHERED BURRITOS / THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
Reviews 4Category EntreeCuisine MexicanTotal Time 33 mins
- Melt vegetable shortening in large pan on medium heat. Sprinkle in flour and continue whisking while the shortening and flour melt together and slightly begin to bubble. Add the mole sauceOnce the mole sauce has been incorporated, add the beef stock and whisk until sauce is smooth. Add in the rest of the spices and mix again. Whisk in the milk.
- For sake of this recipe, I am going to start with the assumption that you already have pre-cooked pork (chicken or beef). If not, then throw a small seasoned pork roast, beef roast or chicken breasts in the crock pot with some water and salsa...and let it cook...all day, in order to be "shred-able".
- Preheat your oven's broiler. (Make sure your plates are oven-proof). Warm the tortillas. Place a tortilla on each serving plate. Spread 2 heaping teaspoons of beans down the middle of each tortilla (don't spread the beans all the way to the edges!). Place 2-3 large spoonfuls of pork mixture on top of beans. Sprinkle with a bit of the cheese (not a lot - most of the cheese will go on top!) Roll the burrito up. Make the first fold like this (see below), then fold both side edges up; finish rolling forward, then carefully flip the burrito over, seam side down onto serving plate.
SMOTHERED BEEF BURRITOS | EASY CHEESE & BEEF BURRITO RECIPE
5/5 (4)Total Time 55 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 709 per serving
- Heat vegetable oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and bell pepper, toss to coat in oil.
SMOTHERED BEEF BURRITOS RECIPE (EASY TO MAKE & FREEZE ...
4.4/5 (118)Category MexicanCuisine MexicanTotal Time 45 mins
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, beef, onion, and cook over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until beef is cooked through and onions are soft and translucent; stir and crumble intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350F and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large oven-proof skillet; set aside.
- Lay the tortillas out on the countertop, evenly smear each with about 2 tablespoons of refried beans down the center, evenly distribute the rice (about 2 to 3 tablespoons) to the center of each tortilla, evenly top with the beef mixture down the center, and evenly distribute 1 1/2 cups of cheese down the center of each tortilla.
CHEESY SMOTHERED PULLED PORK BURRITOS FOR TWO (30 MIN ...
4.3/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory PorkCalories 1048 per serving
- In a medium bowl, toss smoky pulled pork with 1/2 cup of green enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, diced green chiles, cilantro, prepared rice, salt and pepper.
- Spray an oven safe baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I love using this oven safe 6.5 x 14.25 inch platter but you could also use an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
CROCK POT SMOTHERED BURRITOS - CROCKPOT SMOTHERED BEEF ...
4.9/5 (8)Calories 625 per servingCategory Main Course See details »
SMOTHERED BEAN AND CHEESE BURRITOS - CHEF IN TRAINING
Category DinnerEstimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
WET BURRITO - HOUSE OF YUMM
Ratings 4Calories 407 per servingCategory Main Dish See details »
SOUTH YOUR MOUTH: SMOTHERED BEEF & BEAN BURRITO BAKE
Cuisine MexicanCategory Main Course, DinnerServings 6Total Time 50 mins See details »
SMOTHERED BURRITOS | RECIPE | MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES, BEEF ...
5/5 (1)Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 7Total Time 50 mins See details »
SMOTHERED SWEET PORK BURRITOS | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.5/5 (70)Category PorkServings 6Total Time 5 hrs 20 mins See details »
SMOTHERED BURRITOS- TFRECIPES
See details »
BEEF & BEAN BURRITOS RECIPE - ENCHILADA BURRITOS, EASY ...
See details »
WHAT I MADE FOR LUNCH | SMOTHERED BURRITOS RECIPE | SIMPLY ...
See details »
SMOTHERED BAKED CHICKEN BURRITOS - STOLENRECIPES.NET
See details »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-large-groups #main-dish #beef #mexican #spicy #one-dish-meal #ground-beef #meat #taste-mood #number-of-servings
You'll also love