VEAL GRILLADES AND GRITS WITH SMOTHERED GREENS
- In a mixing bowl, add the veal. Season with Creole seasoning. Add the flour and toss the meat, coating completely. Turn the meat out onto a floured surface and lightly pound with a meat mallet. Turn the meat over and lightly pound again.
- In a large, cast iron pot, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the veal. Cook until the meat is browned on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers and celery. Season with salt and cayenne. Continue stirring, scraping the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring often and scraping the bottom and sides of the pot, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the bay leaves, thyme, oregano, basil, beef broth and wine. Season with salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Bring the liquid to a simmer, and cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender, stirring occasionally and keeping the pot partially covered. Remove the bay leaves.
- For the grits:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, add the milk, salt, cayenne and butter and bring to a boil. Stir in the grits and reduce the heat to medium. Stir for 30 seconds, then add 1 cup of the cheese and stir until the cheese melts. Cook, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the grits are tender and creamy. Pour the grits into a greased square glass pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the grits. Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- To serve, spoon the grits in the center of each plate. Spoon the greens around the grits. Spoon the veal mixture over the grits. Garnish with green onions and parsley.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William Morrow, 1993.
- Fry the bacon in a large, heavy pot over medium heat until slightly crisp. Add the onions and season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Cook, stirring, until the onions are wilted and golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the water and vinegar and mix well. Begin adding the greens, about a third at a time, pressing the greens down as they begin to wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until the greens are tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot.
VEAL CUTLETS WITH THYME BUTTER SAUCE
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Place panko in large shallow bowl. Place flour in medium bowl. Beat eggs just to blend in another medium bowl. Working in batches, coat veal cutlets in flour, then egg, then panko, pressing gently to adhere. Place on rimmed baking sheet. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Place wine, broth, lemon juice, thyme, and shallots in heavy large skillet. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced almost to glaze, about 10 minutes. Add 10 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking constantly and blending well between additions. Whisk in cream. Remove from heat. Cover to keep sauce warm.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches and adding more butter by tablespoonfuls as needed, cook veal until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to another rimmed baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm.
- Gently rewarm sauce over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Divide veal among 4 plates. Drizzle sauce over veal, sprinkle with chives, and serve.
- *Available at many supermarkets and at Asian markets.
SMOTHERED BEEF LIVER
If you like liver, you will LOVE this way of cooking it. Easy and delicious. If you don't like liver, try this and you might learn to LIKE it.
Provided by PATTY MAE
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, but not browned. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon, and set aside. Slice the liver into serving size pieces, and remove any membrane.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the liver in the flour mixture, and place into the hot skillet. Brown the liver quickly on each side. Place reserved onions on top of liver pieces. Pour the tomato sauce and water over everything in the pan, lifting the liver pieces to let the tomato sauce coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the oregano over everything, and simmer over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Be careful not to overcook, or liver will be tough. I serve this with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 329.8 calories, Carbohydrate 23.1 g, Cholesterol 312.1 mg, Fat 14.7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 25.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 955 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
More about "smothered veal recipes"
SMOTHERED VEAL MEDALLIONS WITH SAUTEED TURNIPS RECIPE ...
VEAL MARSALA RECIPE - EASY AND FAST - GROW WITH DOCTOR JO
20 CREATIVE RECIPES FOR LEAN, TENDER VEAL - THE SPRUCE EATS
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE | …
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main-DishServings 4Total Time 1 hr
10 BEST BAKED VEAL CHOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: VEAL CHOP WITH MUSHROOMS - FOOD NEWS
VEAL GRILLADES AND GRITS WITH SMOTHERED GREENS – RECIPES ...
VEAL PARMIGIANA - AIP PALEO - THE UNSKILLED CAVEWOMAN
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY - BIGOVEN.COM
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - …
SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE
SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY | EMERILS.COM
SMOTHERED RACKS OF VEAL CHOPS - ISLAND GURL FOODS
SMOTHERED RACK OF VEAL CHOPS - CITYLINE
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
VEAL RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE - COOKING ...
SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
BRAISED VEAL SHANKS IN SMOTHERED ONIONS - RECIPES LIST
ASTRAY RECIPES: SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
GRILLED ONTARIO VEAL TENDERLOIN WRAPPED WITH WILD BOAR ...
VEAL RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
VEAL PARMESAN RECIPE IN 2022 | VEAL PARMESAN, VEAL ...
BEST VEAL CUTLETS WITH HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE RECIPES ...
PEPPER SMOTHERED VEAL - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
A SMOTHERED RACK OF VEAL CHOPS - MSN.COM
SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
ASTRAY RECIPES: SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE
SMOTHERED VEAL CHOPS WITH TASSO MUSHROOM GRAVY RECIPE ...
VEAL FILLET SMOTHERED IN CABBAGE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CAJUN VEAL CHOP SMOTHERED IN WILD MUSHROOM BARBEQUE DEMI ...
SMOTHERED PEPPERS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
SMOTHERED VEAL AND MOREL PIE RECIPE | EMERIL LAGASSE ...
VEAL PARMESAN - PINTEREST
SMOTHERED VEAL | EMERILS.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #main-dish #beef #dietary #veal #meat #number-of-servings
Smothered Pork Chops Recipe - Easy and Delicious17K views-07:10
A smothered rack of veal chops249 views-05:21
Smothered Pork Chops made easy | #SoulFoodSunday220K views-11:55
How to Make Southern-Style Smothered Chicken52K views-08:42
Love & Best Dishes: Lowcountry Smothered Pork Chops Recipe | Southern Comfort Food43K views-14:00
Smothered Pork Chops | Recipe219K views-08:32
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What's the best way to cook veal?Brown quickly on both sides in butter in a heavy skillet. Remove veal and brown onion. Return veal to skillet with remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. "I love veal and this sounds good. Saving recipe here. From a Church cookbook called Favorite Recipes by St. Mary's Ladies Guild (Carpatho-Russian Orthodox) in Endicott, NY.
What is the recipe for smothered beef liver?Smothered Beef Liver - Ingredients 1 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. 2 1 large onion, sliced. 3 1 pound beef liver. 4 1/2 cup all-purpose flour. 5 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste. 6 ... (more items)
How to cook veal meatloaf with mushrooms?Veal Loaf with Mushrooms : Ground veal and chopped mushrooms team up in this savory meatloaf. Choose your variety of mushrooms and cook them with the onions and garlic. Once the vegetable mixture is cool, add eggs, ground veal, herbs, seasonings, and breadcrumbs. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
How to cook veal Tenderloin in Dutch oven?Season the veal cubes with kosher salt and pepper and toss with the flour until well-coated. Brown the veal in two batches, adding a little more oil if needed. Remove the veal to a plate and add the onion and garlic to the dutch oven.