STUFFED SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Add oil to pan and sauté the onion and garlic on medium heat until transparent, then add wine and crab meat and cook for 1 min or until heated through. Add the cracker crumbs, parsley and cheese to the mixture and stir until mixed thoroughly about 1 min over heat then remove from heat.
- Stuff fillets with stuffing packing the mix slightly in hand and roll them and toothpick them to keep them together while baking. Place in a buttered baking dish and apply 2 tablespoons melted butter on top of fillets with a pastry brush and top with fresh ground pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins for smaller fillets 25-30 for larger fillets.
- Make sauce while the fillets are baking as follows:.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in 2 quart sauce pan. Add mushrooms and dry seasonings and cook mushrooms until tender. Add flour and cook for 1 min add cream and Worcestershire sauce and stir with wire whisp until it comes to a boil. Cook 1-2 more mins stirring constantly and take off heat.
- Serve about 2 tablespoons of sauce with each fillet or keep on the side and let individuals choose the amount they would like on it.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 669.5, Fat 48.5, SaturatedFat 26.5, Cholesterol 202.7, Sodium 1614.6, Carbohydrate 27.8, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 5.3, Protein 30.6
PAUPIETTES OF SOLE WITH SPINACH AND MUSHROOM STUFFING
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pick over the spinach. Remove and discard any tough stems and blemished leaves. Rinse and drain the spinach well. There should be about 8 cups loosely packed. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the shallots. Cook briefly, stirring, and add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are wilted. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Continue cooking until all the moisture evaporates.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and add the egg yolk. Let stand until cool.
- Place the fillets of fish on a flat surface, skinned side up. Spoon an equal portion of the spinach and mushroom mixture onto the center of each fillet. Roll the fillets jellyroll style to enclose the filling.
- Bring a quantity of water to the boil in the bottom of a steamer. Arrange the rolled fillets, seam side down, on a steamer rack. Set the rack over the steamer bottom. Steam five minutes. Serve hot with a ginger butter sauce (see recipe).
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 219, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 25 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 762 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SOLE AND WILD MUSHROOMS WITH SAFFRON SAUCE
This recipe originally called for chanterelle mushrooms, which are very expensive, so you can substitute any other kind of mushroom, if you wish. Serve these with your favorite boiled new potatoes. I think this would also be good with a rice pilaf or a boxed white and wild rice mix. This recipe is from The Ultimate Fish and Shellfish Cookbook. Preparation time includes 10 minutes spent while fish is baking.
Provided by Pesto lover
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut each filet in half, lengthways. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roll up.
- Use a little of the butter to grease a baking pan that is just large enough to hold the fish rolls in a single layer.
- Place rolls in baking dish and pour fish stock over them. Cover tightly with foil and bake 12-15 minute or until just cooked through. Don't overcook.
- Place remaining butter in a saute pan and when foaming, add the sliced mushrooms. If using chanterelles, cut large ones in half or in quarters. Saute mushrooms for about 4 min., seasoning them with salt and white pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Carefully remove fish from baking dish and place on heated serving platter.
- Strain liquid in baking dish into a small pan and add saffron threads to it. Cook over high heat until reduced to 1 cup. Stir in the cream and let the sauce bubble gently once or twice.
- Beat egg yold with a fork. Temper and add to cream sauce. (Temper: First add a couple of tablespoons of the hot cream sauce to the egg yolk in the bowl, mix well, and then add it all into the cream sauce in the pan. This is so that the eggs don't become scrambled).
- Cook sauce over very low heat for 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Taste for seasoning.
- Add mushrooms into the cream sauce and pour all over the fish. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.2, Fat 31.5, SaturatedFat 17.8, Cholesterol 200.9, Sodium 786, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 1, Protein 25.9
SOLE WITH SHRIMP SAUCE
"I found this recipe 30 years ago when my husband was in the Army. I tweaked it to cut down on butter and flour, but it's as good as the original. We love it and eat it often." -Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with seasonings. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushrooms over medium heat until tender. Spoon over fish. , Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and pepper until blended. , Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, 3 tablespoons cheese, parsley and basil; heat through. Spoon sauce over fish; sprinkle with cayenne and remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 338 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 224mg cholesterol, Sodium 741mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 52g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FILLETS OF SOLE PAVILLON
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Run the fingers lengthwise down the center of each fillet. There may be a tiny bone line at the end near the center base of each fillet. If there is, use a small paring knife and cut on either side of this boneline to remove it. Arrange the fillet halves skinned side up on a flat surface.
- Split each fillet down the center lengthwise.
- Rub the bottom of a baking dish with one teaspoon of the butter. Scatter the shallots over it. Scatter the mushrooms over the dish and arrange the tomatoes evenly over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold each piece of fillet in half. Arrange the folded fillet pieces neatly and compactly in one layer over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the wine over all. Cover closely with a round of wax paper.
- Place the baking dish on top of the stove and bring to the simmer.
- Place in the oven and bake five minutes.
- Using a spatula, transfer the pieces of fillet to a warm ovenproof serving dish. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Bring the pan sauce with the mushroom slices to the boil. Add the fish stock. Cook down over high heat until reduced to about one and one-half cups. Stir in the veloute.
- Add three-quarters cup of the cream and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, about five minutes. Off heat, swirl in the remaining two tablespoons of butter. Add the parsley.
- Whip the remaining one-quarter cup of heavy cream until it holds peaks but is not stiff. Beat in the egg yolk. Add six tablespoons of the whipped cream mixture to the sauce. Discard the rest (it is almost impossible to whip less than one-quarter cup of cream).
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish fillets. Place under the broiler and leave the door open. Let stand under the broiler heat about two or three minutes until golden brown and bubbling on top.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 548, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 36 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 44 grams, SaturatedFat 20 grams, Sodium 1322 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams, TransFat 0 grams
More about "sole with mushroom sauce recipes"
FILLET OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE | KQED
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SOLE IN MUSHROOM SAUCE - RECIPE
POACHED SOLE WITH TOMATO-MUSHROOM SAUCE FROM PILLSBURY ... RECIPE
BAKED SOLE WITH MUSHROOMS & PEAS - CASTELLO CHEESE
DOVER SOLE WITH MUSHROOM & LEEK SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEMON SOLE EGG ROLLS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
BAKED FILLET OF SOLE IN MUSHROOM SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SOLE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FISH FILLETS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPES SOLE FILLETS WITH MUSHROOMS | SOSCUISINE
FILLETS OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FILLET OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE BY DIET.CHEF | IFOOD.TV
BAKED DOVER SOLE WITH MUSHROOM TARRAGON SAUCE
DOVER SOLE WITH MUSHROOM & LEEK SAUCE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
JACQUES PEPIN DOVER SOLE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOLE WITH CREAMED MUSHROOMS RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
A SAUCY CHICKEN PICCATA RECIPE THAT CAN BE MADE WITH MUSHROOMS, …
PUPIETTE OF DOVER SOLE WITH SPINACH ON MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
FISH RECIPE: SOLE FILLETS WITH MUSHROOMS - FOOD NEWS
FISH AND FUNGI RECIPE: FILLET OF SOLE WITH WILD MUSHROOMS
STUFFED FILLETS OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
MUSHROOM STUFFED SOLE - A FOODCENTRIC LIFE
MUSHROOM STUFFED SOLE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA
POACHED SOLE WITH TOMATO MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE FROM PILLSBURY …
STUFFED FILLETS OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE - BIGOVEN
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED FILLETS OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
STUFFED FILLETS OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE
SOLE FILLETS WITH MUSHROOM TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE RECIPE | COOK WITH CAMPBELLS CANADA …
SOLE FILLET WITH MUSHROOMS AND DILL SAUCE RECIPE - EAT SMARTER USA
EPISODE 214: SOLE-FUL SUPPERTIME | JACQUES PEPIN: MORE FAST FOOD …
FFMWRECIPES: FILLET OF SOLE WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
RECIPE: TASTY SOLE MEUNIèRE - MUSHROOM SOY CREAM SAUCE
DOVER SOLE WITH SPINACH AND MUSHROOM SAUCE - BIGOVEN
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #seafood #oven #dinner-party #fish #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #saltwater-fish #sole-and-flounder #equipment
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long does it take to cook sole with mushroom sauce?Our Sole with Mushroom Sauce recipe makes a tasty weeknight dish. With lightly breaded fish and creamy mushroom flavour, dinner will be ready in 25 minutes! Place fillets in shallow 2 qt (2 L) baking dish,lightly coated with cooking spray.
How long do you cook mushrooms in a saucepan?When the butter starts to sizzle, add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender, and the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent them from burning. Add the flour, thyme, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes.
How do you make the perfect pasta sauce?Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to sizzle, add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender, and the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent them from burning. Add the flour, thyme, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes.
What is the best way to cook mushrooms in the oven?Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 2-quart glass baking dish or spray it with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to sizzle, add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic.