Here's a mouthwatering cheeseburger that's easy and quick. I came up with it one night when I realized I'd run out of hamburger buns. My husband loved the tang and toasty crunch of the sour-dough bread.-Michelle Dommel, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup and relish; cover and refrigerate. , Shape beef into two oval patties. In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Season with salt and pepper; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm., Using 2 tablespoons butter, butter one side of each slice of bread. Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Place bread, buttered side up, in the skillet; cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; top two of the bread slices with the cheese. Cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted., To serve, place toast cheese side up on a plate. Top with a burger, relish mixture, onion and remaining toast.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 969 calories, Fat 68g fat (32g saturated fat), Cholesterol 193mg cholesterol, Sodium 982mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 43g protein.
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS FOR 2
I got this recipe out of one of those little coupon booklets that come with some of the recipe magazines. Not sure which one, but probably TOH or QC. I added the mushroom, simply because we love them. As empty nesters, I am always on the lookout for recipes that are already geared toward two servings. This recipe was one of those.
Provided by Jellyqueen
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine mayo, ketchup and relish in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Shape beef into 2 patties, season with salt and pepper, and pan fry in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side (160 on meat thermometer).
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Saute until tender.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Using 2 Tablespoons of the butter, butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet; low heat.
- Place bread, buttered side up in skillet and cook until golden brown; 2-3 minutes.
- Turn and top the bread with the Swiss cheese.
- Cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, place toast, cheese side up on plate.
- Top with a burger, relish mix, onion/mushroom mix and remaining toast.
- Serve with dill pickle spears and chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 675.3, Fat 55.3, SaturatedFat 27.3, Cholesterol 169.7, Sodium 593.6, Carbohydrate 15.4, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 6.5, Protein 30.1
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS
These are simply delicious and although you have to plan ahead (feed the starter the night before), they are easy to make. The dough is very easy to work with. Most of the cook time is in the rising time. It is made for the bread machine's dough cycle. I did not include the time it takes for rising. Hope you enjoy.
Provided by Nimz_
Categories Sourdough Breads
Yield 8 buns
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer such as Kitchen Aid, combine 2 cups sourdough starter with 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
- Mix on low speed until well blended, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover slightly with plastic wrap and let sit on the counter for 2 hours.
- When dough has sat for 2 hours, add to the bread machine pan the milk, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, egg, salt and sugar.
- Add the sourdough mixture (I just dumped it in from the bowl).
- Add the 1 3/4 cup flour and gently smooth out evenly with your hand.
- Turn on the dough cycle.
- For the first 5 minutes check dough and add additional water or flour, which ever is needed.
- When dough cycle is completed turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a ball.
- Using a roller, flatten the dough to a large oval 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 4 inch rounds using a sharp cutter.
- Transfer rounds to a greased baking dish.
- Gather up excess dough and repeat until all dough is used.
- Brush tops with 1 tablespoon melted butter, cover and let rise.
- NOTE: The buns will rise some more once placed in the oven.
- For quick rise starters 1-1 1/2 hours.
- For slow rise starters 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in 350 F oven or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly then slice with bread knife before serving. (For best results I think, place on the grill cut side down for 15-20 seconds before applying your burger).
- NOTE: All starters are different so the amount of flour, water and rise time may be different. For this recipe I used Donna M's SF Starter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.1, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 35.8, Sodium 269.7, Carbohydrate 41.7, Fiber 2, Sugar 3.3, Protein 6.5
More about "sourdough cheeseburgers recipes"
SOFT SOURDOUGH BURGER BUNS - HEART'S CONTENT FARMHOUSE
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - MORE USEFUL ...
SOURDOUGH BRIOCHE BURGER BUNS | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - DIY NATURAL
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - VENAGREDOS
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
15 BEST CHEESEBURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHEESEBURGER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS - PLAIN.RECIPES
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
SOURDOUGH BACON CHEESEBURGERS | CHAR-GRILLER
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGERS - CRECIPE.COM
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS | EASY RECIPE FOR SOFT, CHEWY …
75 SOURDOUGH RECIPES TO TRANSPORT YOUR SENSES TO TASTE PARADISE
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS | WIGHT CAN ECO
50+ SOURDOUGH DISCARD RECIPES YOU MUST TRY! 
HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH BUNS - GUBBA HOMESTEAD
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS — BLESS THIS MESS
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS NO YEAST – BAKER RECIPES®
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - LOVELY LITTLE KITCHEN
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE - BUTTERED SIDE UP
10 BEST GRILLED SOURDOUGH SANDWICHES RECIPES | YUMMLY
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - THE GINGERED WHISK
SOFT SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - BAKING SENSE®
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS (NO EGG RECIPE)
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
SOURDOUGH BUNS - FARMHOUSE ON BOONE
QUICK SOURDOUGH BUNS RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
SOURDOUGH CHEESEBURGER PIZZA FROM SCRATCH - MY ABIDING HOME
25+ CHEESEBURGER RECIPES THAT'LL SATISFY YOUR COMFORT FOOD …
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - HOME GROWN HAPPINESS
SOURDOUGH DISCARD HAMBURGER BUNS RECIPE: QUICK ... - THE PANTRY …
BRIOCHE HAMBURGER BUNS | THE PERFECT LOAF
THE BEST SOFT AND CHEWY SOURDOUGH BURGER BUNS - BUTTER FOR ALL
EASY SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS AND HOT DOG BUNS - NOURISHING …
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOURDOUGH DISCARD HAMBURGER BUNS - THERESCIPES.INFO
SOURDOUGH HAMBURGER BUNS - BUMBLEBEE APOTHECARY
SOURDOUGH BUNS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a sourdough hamburger bun recipe?This Sourdough Hamburger Bun recipe is adapted from my Butterhorn Rolls recipe. It is an enriched dough, meaning that it has milk, eggs, and butter. The glossy top comes from brushing an egg whisked with water over the surface of the risen bun just before baking.
How do you make the perfect sourdough bread?Mix warm milk, unfed sourdough starter, oil, and egg in a large bowl (or stand mixer ). Mix in salt, sugar, instant yeast and flour. Combine with fork to form a ball and kneed for 5-6 minutes with a wet hand, (or dough hook). YES, the dough will be quite sticky – resist the temptation to add more flour (which will result in a heavy bun).
How long does it take to make a sourdough bun?How to make Sourdough Buns with leftover over sourdough starter or discard that are light and airy (like a brioche bun) in 2 1/2 hours from start to finish, with only 20 minutes of hands-on time. Grilling season has officially begun and many of you have been asking for a good Burger Bun recipe.
What can I make with my sourdough starter?Just like this sourdough discard sandwich loaf, these sourdough discard hamburger buns are perfect to make while you are establishing your sourdough starter. They utilise a small amount of commercial yeast, along with your unfed sourdough starter, to make them rise.