SOURDOUGH ONION HERB BREAD
Fragrant with herbs and onion, this moist bread will become one of your favorites. I made half of my batch into bread sticks and they were wonderful. I rolled out the dough to about 1/4" thick, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with finely shredded cheese and garlic powder. Let rise until light and bake at 400 degrees F until golden.
Provided by Donna M.
Categories Sourdough Breads
Yield 2 1pound loaves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle, but remove from machine at the end of the kneading and do not let dough rise in machine.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and shape into two loaves.
- Place into greased bread pans and spray tops with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until light.
- Patience here, as this can take several hours (usually 2 1/2 to 3).
- Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and turn out of pans onto wire rack to cool.
- Brush tops of loaves with butter while still hot.
- Recipe can also be made without a bread machine, using conventional methods.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1259.2, Fat 28.9, SaturatedFat 17.1, Cholesterol 73.9, Sodium 2546.2, Carbohydrate 216.6, Fiber 7.6, Sugar 15.3, Protein 30
ONION BREAD II
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir salt, shortening, minced onions, oregano and 2 cups bread flour into yeast mixture. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Stir dough to deflate and place it into a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until the top of the dough is within 1/2 inch of the top of the pan, about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- After loaf has risen, arrange onion slices on top of the loaf. Pour melted butter over the slices and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.2 calories, Carbohydrate 31.8 g, Cholesterol 5.1 mg, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 5.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 402.5 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
THE BEST SOURDOUGH STUFFING
This is the best Thanksgiving stuffing I've ever made or eaten. The cubed sourdough bread and bountiful herbs impart such delicious flavors that you'll want to make it year-round. Used bread from your freezer stash or bake one or two quick No Knead Sourdough Breads a few days or weeks ahead.
Provided by Melissa Johnson
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Chop the onions, celery, mushrooms, garlic, optional walnuts or chestnuts, and herbs.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute and add salt and pepper to taste (the amount you use will depend on your preference and your stock e.g. homemade unsalted or not).
- When the vegetables have softened, add the herbs and optional nuts, and saute for another minute or so, then add 1 cup of the stock.
- In a medium bowl (with a pour spout if possible), beat the eggs, then add the remaining 2 cups of stock.
- Place your cubed sourdough bread in a large mixing bowl. (You could put the bread directly in the baking pan, but stirring may be difficult.)
- Pour the saute mixture over the cubed bread and mix. Then pour on the stock-egg mixture and fold everything until it's thoroughly combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly oil or butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking dish and spread evenly, cover and let sit for about 20 minutes for the bread to absorb the liquids.
- After the rest, if the top bread cubes seem dry and there is no loose liquid underneath, sprinkle on 1-2 cups of water, stir everything again inside the pan, and then put the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the internal temperature is at least 160°F. Cover with foil if the stuffing begins to brown too much.
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle with additional fresh herbs if you want.
OREGANO GARLIC SOURDOUGH BREAD
I discovered this special sourdough bread at a local grocery store, where they had samples. My husband is Italian and can't get enough garlic flavor in whatever I cook. - Sarah Vasques, Milford, New Hampshire
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Spread bread with butter; sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 289mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
More about "sourdough onion herb bread recipes"
BACON-ONION SPIRAL BREAD - KING ARTHUR BAKING
3 HOUR BREADS: ROASTED GARLIC, HERB, & ONION FOCACCIA
SOURDOUGH ONION HERB BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CURRY TOMATO ONION SOURDOUGH BREAD - ZESTY SOUTH INDIAN KITCHEN
ROSEMARY OLIVE SOURDOUGH BREAD - FEASTING AT HOME
SOURDOUGH WHOLE WHEAT HERB BREAD RECIPE
HERB & ONION ROLLS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
FLAVORED SOURDOUGH: HOW TO MAKE ADDITIONS TO SOURDOUGH …
LEFTOVER SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPES - A QUAINT LIFE
20 BEST SOURDOUGH ADD-INS AND TOPPING IDEAS
SOURDOUGH CHEESE & ONION PAN LOAF - THE SOURDOUGH CLUB
NO-KNEAD SOURDOUGH BREAD WITH SAUERKRAUT AND ONION
SAGE AND CARAMELIZED ONION SOURDOUGH BREAD
ONION SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FRENCH ONION SOUP IN SOURDOUGH BUNS - COBS BREAD
ROASTED GARLIC AND HERB SOURDOUGH - SAMMYWONGSKITCHEN
HERB SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
NO KNEAD HERB BREAD - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
SOURDOUGH SKILLET BREAD WITH HERBS - A BLOSSOMING LIFE
SOURDOUGH ONION BREAD - UNPACKED
SOURDOUGH WALNUT HERB BREAD - UNPACKED - FROM THE GRAPEVINE
HOW TO MAKE EINKORN SOURDOUGH GARLIC HERB BREAD
NO KNEAD HERB AND ONION BREAD - RED STAR® YEAST
SOURDOUGH LACED WITH CHEESE, ONION AND CHIVES - THE NORTHERN …
CHEESY ONION AND HERB BREAD - LANA’S COOKING
SIMPLE HERB SOURDOUGH DRESSING - SIMPLY SCRATCH
SOURDOUGH ONION HERB BREAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
WHIPPED HERB BUTTER: PERFECT FOR SOURDOUGH BREAD - THE PANTRY …
HERB SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RECIPE IDEAS: CREATIVE USES FOR LEFTOVER SOURDOUGH BREAD
PERFECTLY CRUSTY SOURDOUGH BREAD FOR BEGINNERS | BIGGER BOLDER …
HERB SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ONION HERB BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
SOURDOUGH ONION HERB BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOMATO HERB SOURDOUGH BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SOURDOUGH SANDWICH BREAD IN 10 MINUTES - THE HERBAL HOMESCHOOL
SOURDOUGH AND HERB STUFFING - MISFITS MARKET
SOURDOUGH ONION BREAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #sourdough #breads #oven #bread-machine #dietary #comfort-food #yeast #taste-mood #equipment #small-appliance #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love