RESTAURANT STYLE SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH SAUSAGE
It's easy to make restaurant-style Spaghetti Sauce using just a few ingredients. Adding sausage makes the sauce even more flavorful, but if you don't eat meat its okay to leave it out. This is the recipe I used throughout my long restaurant career.
Provided by Chef Dennis Littley
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large heated skillet or saucepot add olive oil and sausage. Saute sausage on both sides until it browns.
- When the sausage has browned add the diced onion and chopped garlic. Continue cooking until the onions are translucent, but do not allow them to burn!
- Add crushed tomatoes, rinse cans with just a little water and add to the sauce (if crushed tomatoes are not available use whole tomatoes and crush by hand or with an immersion blender).
- add chopped basil, sea salt and black pepper to taste (don't over season, you can always add more later). If you choose to add sugar now is the time to add it.
- After your sauce has reached a boil, reduce the heat to simmer and continue to cook for at least two hours. If you've got the time let it simmer for 4-6 hours for an amazingly rich tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 321 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 25 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Cholesterol 43 mg, Sodium 1090 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
MAMA'S SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
From Dom DeLuise. This can be actually be served without pasta. Some recommended pastas are ziti, rigatoni, ravioli, and angel hair. Use hot or sweet sausages, or a combination, your choice. Add a couple more mushrooms if you like them.
Provided by Chocolatl
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place sausage in a skillet. Add hot water, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove sausages and separate links if necessary. Discard drippings.
- In a large Dutch Oven, saute mushrooms, carrot and onion just until al dente.
- Add sausages.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 1 hour, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta, or by itself with hot crusty bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553.9, Fat 36.3, SaturatedFat 11.7, Cholesterol 64.7, Sodium 1621.3, Carbohydrate 25.4, Fiber 5.5, Sugar 13.6, Protein 26.6
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI SAUCE
True, a jarred sauce offers wonderful convenience. But a homemade version absolutely can't be beat! Try this versatile sauce over pasta, in a lasagna or stuffed in shells. Angus Barsch - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings (about 2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. , Add the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese., Serve desired amount over spaghetti. Cool remaining sauce; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months., To use frozen sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 231 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 41mg cholesterol, Sodium 778mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI
Spicy slices of leftover sausage and Italian seasoning lend plenty of flavor to this speedy spaghetti sauce from Joyce Hostetler of Midway, Arkansas. The chunky mixture turns a plate of pasta into a satisfying second-day supper.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364 calories, Fat 23g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 65mg cholesterol, Sodium 1230mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
PASTA SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
A flavorful homemade recipe for those who are tired of sweet pasta sauces. Serve over your favorite pasta with a tossed green salad and crusty garlic bread.
Provided by CRAIG
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Removed casing from sausage links and cut into 1/2 inch slices. In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes; remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat ground beef, olive oil, garlic and onion over medium heat until meat is nicely browned; drain.
- Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce; mix in salt, ground black pepper, basil, oregano, bay leaf and cooked sausage. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Mix cooked sauce with hot pasta and remove bay leaf from sauce before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339.2 calories, Carbohydrate 11.4 g, Cholesterol 58.1 mg, Fat 24.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 18.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.5 g, Sodium 1517.8 mg, Sugar 5.9 g
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE
I've had this recipe for years. It's the best spaghetti sauce I've found. The key is the Burgundy wine and a good Italian sausage.
Provided by DebiMcG
Yield 16-20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Start browning Italian sausage in large (11 quart) stockpot, breaking it up as it cooks.
- When still slightly pink, add onions, parsley, peppers, mushrooms & garlic. Cook until sausage is done. Add spices, mix and cook another couple minutes, then add tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste & Burgundy wine.
- Bring to just boiling, reduce heat. Cover and let simmer a minimum of 3 hours - longer is better. Stir occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI
This is my favorite method of making Italian sausage spaghetti. By browning the sausages first and then cooking them in the sauce at a long, slow simmer, the sausage is loaded with flavor and firm, but tender--almost meatball-like in texture. And we hardly need any seasonings because the long cook time allows the sauce to get infused with all the sausage-y goodness!
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Transfer sausage links into the hot pot. Cover with a lid and cook until beautifully browned and just barely cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. You can increase the heat a little if you like, but make sure the oil does not smoke. Turn off the heat and remove sausages to a plate to cool completely.
- While the sausages are cooling, add wine to the same pot over medium-high heat. As it comes up to a simmer, stir the caramelized bits on the bottom of a pan with a spoon or spatula. Simmer until it reduces by about half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce. Pour water into the jar of pasta sauce, seal, and shake to rinse out the jar. Pour that liquid into the pot and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- Slice each fully cooled sausage into 4 pieces. Transfer sausage and any accumulated juices into the simmering sauce. Stir and increase heat to just between low and medium-low. Cook at a gentle, steady simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Taste and adjust seasonings. Skim about 1/2 of the fat from the surface, and continue to cook until reduced and thick, about 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until almost tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 11 minutes. Drain spaghetti and transfer it directly into the pot of hot sauce. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover with the lid and let sit for 1 minute so the pasta can absorb some of the sauce.
- Evenly divide pasta onto 4 plates and top each serving with 4 pieces sausage. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1335.8 calories, Carbohydrate 123.3 g, Cholesterol 119.2 mg, Fat 64.7 g, Fiber 9.7 g, Protein 58 g, SaturatedFat 21.8 g, Sodium 3324.6 mg, Sugar 24.6 g
More about "spaghetti sauce with italian sausage recipes"
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
Ratings 15Calories 427 per servingCategory Dinner, Sauce, Pasta
ITALIAN SAUSAGE RAGU SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF & SAUSAGE - BIGOVEN
10 BEST PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA SAUCE WITH SPAGHETTI …
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE - THE …
BEST EVER HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI SAUCE – MAMAL DIANE
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND GROUND BEEF …
SLOW-COOKED ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA SAUCE WITH SPAGHETTI
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI BAKE - GREAT GRUB, DELICIOUS …
EASY ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA SAUCE | HEARTY, VERSATILE, …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA SAUCE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
SPAGHETTI SAUCE W/ ITALIAN SAUSAGE-THE GRATEFUL GIRL COOKS!
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICY ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA • SALT & LAVENDER
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SAUCE | RICARDO
SPAGHETTI SAUCE (EASY ITALIAN RECIPE WITH 6 INGREDIENTS)
CREAMY ONE-POT SPAGHETTI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - THE RISING SPOON
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA IN AN EASY CREAM SAUCE - SIP AND FEAST
ITALIAN SAUSAGE SUNDAY SAUCE RECIPE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
SPAGHETTI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE RED SAUCE - THE LEMON BOWL®
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - LOVE GROWS WILD
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA - THE SEASONED MOM
21 SPAGHETTI WITH GROUND BEEF AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE
THE BEST IDEAS FOR ITALIAN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI SAUCE
SOUTHERN SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI SAUCE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SPAGHETTI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE LINKS RECIPES - STEVEHACKS
DEEP SOUTH DISH: ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PASTA SKILLET
HOMEMADE LOW CARB SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH SAUSAGE - REMAKE MY …
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA - KIM'S CRAVINGS
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE - TASTY KITCHEN
SLOW COOKER ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BEEF SPAGHETTI SAUCE
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA (EASY TO MAKE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
EASY INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE - LIFE FAMILY FUN
ITALIAN SAUSAGE PASTA | EASY PASTA RECIPE - DELICIOUSLY SEASONED
BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE - THE SEASONED MOM
SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE RECIPE
OUR MOST SHARED SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE EVER
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-large-groups #healthy #sauces #condiments-etc #european #dinner-party #italian #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #taste-mood #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love