SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE - (4.6/5)
Provided by á-38763
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and turmeric and cook until the onion is slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato, carrot and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to turn pink, about 1 minute. Add the rice, 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in the peas and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff the rice mixture with a fork and incorporate the peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with hot sauce. Per serving: Calories 511; Fat 13 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 172 mg; Sodium 556 mg; Carbohydrate 67 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 31 g Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/spanish-shrimp-and-rice-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and turmeric and cook until the onion is slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato, carrot and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to turn pink, about 1 minute. Add the rice, 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle in the peas and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff the rice mixture with a fork and incorporate the peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with hot sauce.
- Photograph by Christopher Testani
Nutrition Facts : Calories 511, Fat 13 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 172 milligrams, Sodium 556 milligrams, Carbohydrate 67 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 31 grams
SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add tomato, pepper, and celery; sauté 6 minutes.
- Stir in water, rice, and salt, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394.6, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 172.8, Sodium 485.8, Carbohydrate 55.2, Fiber 4.8, Sugar 8.8, Protein 29.2
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE
- 1. Heat veg. oil in a large deep skillet or wok over med. heat. Add onion, garlic and turmeric and cook until the onion is slightly softened about 3 minutes. Add the tomato, carrot and bell pepper, and cook until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add shrimp and cook until they begin to turn pink. Add rice, 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp. parsley, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to med. low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle in the peas and the remaining 1/2 tbsp. parsley. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Fluff the rice mixture with a fork, and incorporate the peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with hot sauce.
SPANISH RICE AND SHRIMP
I created this recipe to replicate paella for a crowd. I love paella, but it's expensive and not everyone likes the mussels and sausage in it. Serve this dish with a good Spanish wine and some bread and oil and it will be a sure crowd-pleaser!
Provided by Mandy Blizzard
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice mix and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Boil for 1 minute; cover and reduce heat. Simmer until water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until just soft, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and seafood seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are bright pink, about 5 minutes.
- Mound rice on each plate; top with a portion of the pepper-shrimp mixture and a generous sprinkling of parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247.1 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 12 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 20.5 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 646.6 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SPANISH RICE AND SHRIMP ONE POT
A speedy midweek meal with Mediterranean holiday flavors. If you don't want to spend time at the stovetop you can bake this dish in the oven. Tip the onion, peppers, chorizo, garlic and oil into an ovenproof dish, then bake for 15 mins at 400F. Stir in the rice, tomatoes and water, cover then bake for a further 20 mins stirring in the shrimp for the final 2 mins.
Provided by English_Rose
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Boil the kettle. In a non-stick frying or shallow pan with a lid, fry the onions, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil fo 3 mins.Stir in the rice and the chopped tomatoes with 2 cups boiling water, cover then cook on a high heat for 12 mins.Uncover, then stir - the rice should be almost tender.Stir in the shrimp with a splash more water if the rice is looking dry, then cook for another minute until the shrimp are pink and the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 433.6, Fat 11.7, SaturatedFat 3.1, Cholesterol 122.9, Sodium 314, Carbohydrate 60.3, Fiber 5, Sugar 6.3, Protein 22.1
More about "spanish shrimp and rice recipes"
RICE WITH CHORIZO AND SHRIMP - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
4.9/5 (97)Category Main CourseCuisine International, Latin Fusion, SpanishTotal Time 1 hr
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan; add the onions and peppers, cook for about 5 minutes.
EASY SPANISH RICE WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP - VIKALINKA
5/5 (3)Total Time 40 minsCategory MainPublished 2021-04-07
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE BY THE REDHEAD BAKER
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 4
SPANISH SAFFRON RICE WITH GARLIC SHRIMP RECIPE - SPAIN ON ...
5/5 (3)Servings 2Cuisine SpanishCategory Main Course
- Heat a large fry pan with a medium-high heat and add in a generous 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, after 1 minute add in 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced and mix with the olive oil, after 45 to 60 seconds add in 12 raw jumbo shrimp (peeled & deveined and seasoned with sea salt & black pepper), mix the shrimps around with the garlic, 1 minute later remove the shrimps & garlic from the pan and set aside
- Using the same pan with the same heat add in 1/2 onion finely diced and mix with the olive oil, 1 minute later add in 4 cloves garlic finely minced and continue to mix, 30 seconds later add in 1 cup of round rice, 1/4 cup frozen peas, 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads and season with sea salt & black pepper, mix it all together until well combined, then add in 3 cups vegetable broth, give it a mix so everything is evenly divided, you can mix once in a while, just don´t over mix, otherwise the rice will lose it´s texture
- About 10 minutes after adding the broth, add in the garlic shrimp and evenly spread them out, after this step don´t mix the rice anymore, simmer on a medium-high heat for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the broth has been fully incorporated into the rice, remove the pan from the heat and serve at once, enjoy!
SPANISH-STYLE SHRIMP WITH YELLOW RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 430 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- Combine garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 2–3 minutes until soft. Add rice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and turmeric. Add 2 1/2 cups cold water; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 4 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in peas, and let stand, covered, until ready to serve.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in center of pan. Cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Add sherry, if desired, during the last minute of cooking, and toss to coat. Remove from heat. Fluff rice mixture, and place on a serving platter. Arrange shrimp on top of rice mixture, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 378 per serving
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add tomato, pepper, and celery; sauté 6 minutes.
ONE-PAN SPANISH GARLIC RICE WITH SHRIMP | ARROZ AL AJILLO ...
5/5 (1)Servings 2Cuisine SpanishCategory Main Course
- After heating the olive oil for 3 minutes, add in the sliced garlic & chopped cayenne pepper, mix with the olive oil and let the garlic poach in the olive oil
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE - HOW TO PREPARE AT HOME
Cuisine SpanishCategory Main CourseServings 2Total Time 40 mins
- Be sure to wash and dry all the fresh produce. I am much more careful about this these days. Not sure if it's because I read more about the pesticides they are using or because I'm getting older and want to be more careful.
- Heat your saute pan (frying pan), large enough to cook the vegetables and shrimp, over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and when hot, add the vegetables from the bowl. Saute for 5 minutes until the vegetables slightly soften. Stir frequently so the garlic doesn't burn.
- In the same pan as the sauteed vegetables, add the rice and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the aioli by combining the mayonnaise with the remaining zested garlic.
SPANISH RICE RECIPE WITH SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES | SIDE DISH ...
Cuisine MediterrareanTotal Time 30 minsCategory Side DishCalories 383 per serving
- Place the rice, stock or water, salt and turmeric in a fairly large pot. Bring to a boil and cook the rice, until the rice is about half done, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to a medium heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring well, for about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and chopped peppers. Stir together then pour it into the pot with the rice. Continue cooking the rice for another 8 to 10 minutes, lid on the pot, until it is fully cooked.
- Just before the rice is ready, add the peas and shrimp. Cook for another few minutes to cook the shrimp and heat the peas through. At the last moment, add in the chopped parsley.
SUCCULENT SPANISH SHRIMP WITH YELLOW RICE - LIVING SWEET ...
3.9/5 (21)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 503 per serving
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE 20 MINUTE RECIPE - A GOUDA LIFE
Reviews 9Servings 4Cuisine SeafoodCategory Main Course
- Drizzle the olive oil into the skillet over medium heat and once it’s warm, add the shrimp in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and sauté 1 - 1 1/2 minutes per side then remove the shrimp from the skillet tenting it with foil to keep it warm.
- Add the Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Spanish Style to the same skillet, toasting it a couple of minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over the top then cover, increase the heat bringing it to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer about 8 minutes stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
MEDITERRANEAN GARLIC SHRIMP WITH SPANISH RICE | SUNBASKET
EASY SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP RECIPE | OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC
Cuisine Cornmeal, Rice, Grains, Fish And SeafoodCategory Side DishesServings 4-6
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE · THE INSPIRATION EDIT
Reviews 1Category Easy RecipesCuisine Family MealTotal Time 21 mins
SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
3.8/5 (6)Category First CourseCuisine MediterraneanCalories 320 per serving
SPANISH RICE WITH SHRIMP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
SPANISH RICE AND VEGETABLES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
CHICKEN & SHRIMP PAELLA | FOODS GEEK
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE | SIMPLE BY CINDY
SPANISH SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPES
SPANISH SHRIMP AND QUESO AND RICE RECIPE
SPANISH STYLE SHRIMP AND RICE | THRIFTYFUN
SPANISH SHRIMP & RICE | EPICURE.COM
You'll also love