SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME
This spicy garlic edamame is ready like a flash perfect for your spicy cravings. It's a delectable munching, very addictive, vegan appetizer or snack.
Provided by Sujatha Muralidhar
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a pan add water and bring it to boil.
- Add edamame and cook for about 2 minutes or it cooked completely.
- Strain and discard the water.
- In the same pan, add the vegetable oil and the minced garlic.
- Saute until the garlic changes its color slightly.
- Add chili garlic sauce, sesame seeds, and the steamed edamame.
- Toss well and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131 kcal, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 9 g, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 118 mg, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Heat a saute pan over high heat. Add edamame, sesame oil, vinegar, oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, and sesame seeds. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce coats all pods evenly, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Fat 25.6 g, Fiber 6.9 g, Protein 19.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.4 g, Sodium 449.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
SPICY EDAMAME (SOY BEANS)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cook frozen edamame (in their shells) in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Rinse quickly with cold water. Drain completely. Set aside, and allow edamame to dry off slightly. Use a paper towel if necessary to remove excess water.
- In a large pan, heat sesame oil and chopped garlic over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add Japanese rayu (chili oil) and cooked edamame (in their shells). Quickly stir-fry, then turn off heat.
- Add shichimi togarashi (7-spice chili peppers) and salt. Gently toss.
- Serve spicy edamame on a platter and garnish with red chili pepper flakes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 kcal, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 6 g, Protein 14 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 480 mg, Sugar 3 g, Fat 8 g, ServingSize 1 pound edamame (4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
Edamame (pronounced ay-duh-MAH-may) are young soybeans in their pods. In our Test Kitchen, we boiled and seasoned them with salt, ginger, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place edamame in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the seasonings; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 52 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 642mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
STIR-FRIED SPICY EDAMAME
There is a restaurant near my house that serves this and this is as close as I can get. I also add a small amount of rice vinegar.
Provided by aronsinvest
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the edamame, simmering for 5 minutes or until they are tender.
- In the meantime, mix together the soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil in a small yellow bowl and heat the canola oil on high heat in large skillet or wok. When the edamame are done, use a slotted spoon or spider to transfer them to the hot skillet. Add the garlic and a chili garlic sauce, stirring and cooking with the edamame for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl or platter with a second small bowl for the discarded pods. Enjoy warm!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.2, Fat 11.1, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 751.4, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 4.9, Sugar 0.3, Protein 15.9
INSTANT POT® SPICY EDAMAME
- Combine edamame and water in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 0 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, whisk sesame oil, Sriracha, garlic, and soy sauce together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Drain edamame and toss in the spicy sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 134.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.1 g, Fat 7.6 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 198.5 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
More about "spiced edamame recipes"
SPICED EDAMAME RECIPE | CHATELAINE
Servings 10Total Time 5 minsCategory Recipes
ASIAN SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME (SO ADDICTING!) - SKINNYTASTE
SIMPLE SPICY EDAMAME RECIPE, RICHLY SPICED EDAMAME …
SPICY GARLIC GINGER EDAMAME - INSPIRED TASTE
SPICY EDAMAME NOODLES (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE) - ELLIE …
11 EASY EDAMAME RECIPES - PEAS AND CRAYONS BLOG
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPE (QUICK & DELICIOUS!)
10 BEST SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY EDAMAME APPETIZER RECIPE - PEAS AND CRAYONS
10 BEST SPICY EDAMAME RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY EDAMAME WITH SEAFOOD GARLIC BUTTER (VEGAN)
SPICY EDAMAME RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME - HEY NUTRITION LADY
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME (THE ULTIMATE APPETIZER!) - MINIMALIST BAKER
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPE - SEONKYOUNG LONGEST
SPICY EDAMAME APPETIZER RECIPE | THYME OF SEASON
SPICY EDAMAME RECIPE - GARLIC WITH DOUBLE PEPPER
EDAMAME WITH SPICY GARLIC SAUCE | PICKLED PLUM
SESAME SPICED EDAMAME - EVERGREEN KITCHEN
SWEET AND SPICY SOY GLAZED EDAMAME - SHARED APPETITE
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPE - MASHED.COM
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME IN 10 MINUTES - MIKLIA
SPICY EDAMAME RECIPE - GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPE - SAFA RECIPES
SPICED EDAMAME RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
GARLIC CHILI SPICY EDAMAME | KEVIN IS COOKING
CRISPY INDIAN-SPICED EDAMAME RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY EDAMAME, TWO WAYS - WILD WOMAN KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME (WITH SRIRACHA)
SPICY ROASTED EDAMAME - HEALTHY NIBBLES BY LISA LIN
THE BEST SWEET AND SPICY EDAMAME - JOOLIES ORGANIC MEDJOOL …
ROASTED SPICY EDAMAME - LIFE IS SWEETER BY DESIGN
10 EASY EDAMAME RECIPES YOU NEED TO TRY - INSANELY GOOD
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPE • OUR PLANT-BASED WORLD
SPICY SHELLED EDAMAME BEANS, A QUICK AND EASY SNACK
SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME - EASY RECIPE - VEGANESE TOKYO
EASY SPICY EDAMAME RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
EASY SPICY EDAMAME - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD BLOG
10 AMAZING SPICY GARLIC EDAMAME RECIPES - 800 HOT SAUCE
SPICED EDAMAME BEAN DIP - PINCH OF NOM
OUR SPICY EDAMAME RECIPE | THE PERFECT SALTY SNACK!
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook edamame?Set a pan over medium-high heat and add two cups of water and bring it to boil. Add edamame shells and cook it for about 2 minutes in medium to high heat. Strain the edamame and discard the water. Saute. In the same pan, add vegetable oil and minced garlic. In low heat, cook until garlic is fragrant.
What do you put in edamame sauce to make it spicy?Sesame seeds. Use either black sesame seeds or skinless sesame seeds. Add for the look and slightly roasted taste. But you may also skip. Chili sauce. My most reliable ingredient for this spicy edamame sauce recipe. It's hot and spicy, use half the quantity to cut it down further to choose to spice tolerance. Edamame.
What is Asian spicy garlic edamame?Asian Spicy Garlic Edamame – an easy, totally addicting snack or side dish – is a flavor explosion in your mouth! Have you ever ordered steamed edamame at a Japanese restaurant? Well, these Spicy Garlic Edamame are even better, thanks to the spicy sauce made with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, cayenne, and honey.
How to cook edamame with Sriracha?Add edamame, sesame oil, vinegar, oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, and sesame seeds. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce coats all pods evenly, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving. Adjust sriracha and red pepper flakes to suit your taste.