SLOW-COOKER CARIBBEAN SPICED RIBS
- Spray inside of 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs if desired. In small bowl, mix dried minced onion, mustard, red pepper, allspice, cinnamon and garlic powder. Rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and sliced onion in slow cooker. Pour water over ribs.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove ribs from cooker; drain and discard liquid from cooker. Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl; dip ribs into sauce. Return ribs to cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over ribs.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 1 hour longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530, Carbohydrate 26 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 1 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 730 mg, Sugar 18 g, TransFat 0 g
SPICY GLAZED PORK RIBS
- Whisk gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl until smooth; season with salt.
- Toss ribs and half of marinade in a 13x9" baking dish; set aside remaining marinade. Cover ribs with foil and chill at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake ribs, covered, until meat is tender, about 1 hour. Uncover and increase oven temperature to 450°F. Roast, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes, until ribs are deeply browned, glazed, and fork-tender, 40-45 minutes longer.
- DO AHEAD: Ribs can be marinated 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
TENDER PORK SPARE RIBS
I saw a Celebrity Chef use this braising method for baby back ribs, so I decided to give it a try for pork spare ribs. I changed the seasonings and increased the cooking time and I have been very pleased with them every time. They're really tender and the meat is so flavorful that you don't have to add BBQ sauce unless you want to. My neighbor is the one who told me about the fajita seasoning, and she was right on!
Provided by Kerri Jaggers
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix the brown sugar, fajita seasoning, and paprika in a bowl. Rub both sides of the pork spareribs with the brown sugar mixture. Place the spareribs in a 9x13-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Whisk together the beer, garlic, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard in a bowl. Set aside.
- Tear off 2 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil and lay them shiny-side down. Place a rack of spareribs on each sheet, meaty-side up. Tear off 2 more sheets of foil and place them on top of the ribs, shiny-side up. Begin tightly folding the edges of the foil together to create a sealed packet. Just before sealing completely, divide the beer mixture evenly into each packet. Complete the seal. Place the packets side-by-side on an 11x14-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the ribs are very tender, 3 hours and 30 minutes to 4 hours. Carefully open each packet, and drain the drippings into a saucepan. You may only need the drippings from one packet. Set ribs aside. Simmer the drippings over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Brush the thickened sauce over the ribs.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place the ribs back into the oven and broil until the sauce is lightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 943.3 calories, Carbohydrate 37.4 g, Cholesterol 240.5 mg, Fat 60.6 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 58.4 g, SaturatedFat 22.2 g, Sodium 701.5 mg, Sugar 29.7 g
HOT AND SPICY RIBS
Enjoy these tender, smoked pork ribs, rubbed with a hot spice mixture - a wonderful grilled dinner recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In large bowl, cover wood chips with water; soak 30 minutes.
- Drain wood chips. Prepare and heat smoker using wood chips and adding water to water pan following manufacturer's directions.
- In small bowl, mix rub ingredients. Cut rack of pork in half to fit on smoker rack if necessary. Rub spice mixture into pork.
- Place pork on rack in smoker. Cover and smoke 4 hours 30 minutes to 5 hours or until tender and no longer pink next to bones. If smoking stops, add additional wood chips through side door of smoker. Serve pork with barbecue sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 580, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 180 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 0 g, Protein 43 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 530 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
For grilling, here's the rub I recommend. It's made with a wonderful blend of spices. If you have some left after making ribs, put it in a shaker and use it another day on pork or beef roasts, tenderloins, steaks and more. It's great alone or under sauce. -Cheryl Ewing, Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over ribs. , Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour or until meat is tender, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 792 calories, Fat 62g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 245mg cholesterol, Sodium 1864mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 51g protein.
CARIBBEAN-SPICED PORK SIDE RIBS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the brown sugar, ginger, cayenne, clove, cinnamon, paprika, oregano, pepper, salt, and lime zest; set aside. Squeeze the limes, and add the juice to the orange juice. Rub the ribs well with the spice mixture. Place into a glass baking dish, and pour in the juice.
- Cover the dish, and bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes. Uncover, then continue cooking until nicely colored, 20 to 30 minutes more. Brush the ribs with the pan juices a few times while they are cooking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 573.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 160.4 mg, Fat 40.4 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 39.2 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, Sodium 513.8 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
PORK BACK RIBS WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE
- Sprinkle the ribs all over with the rub and rub in well with your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Make sure the racks of the grill are set so they are 6-inches above the fire. Preheat the grill to high. When the grill is hot, turn off 1 side, or push the coals to 1 side. Place the ribs, fattier side down, on the cooler side of the grill and close the cover. Cook until browned, about 20 minutes. Turn the ribs over and continue to cook until the bones wiggle easily when twisted, about 1 1/2 hours, turning every 20 minutes or so.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Make the Spicy Dipping Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, jalapeno, oregano, and salt and whisk well. Pour into a decorative bowl.
- Slice the ribs into desired size and serve with the Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
SPICY PORK RIBS
These are the best ribs ever. The trick is to buy belly of pork and cook it fairly slowly. The spices and juices cook out to a great thick sauce, which should be brushed over the ribs as they cook.
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C/gas 4). Pound the garlic cloves with the spices to make the spicy marinade, then add the olive oil. Cover all the pork with the marinade, then place in a roasting tray, cover with foil, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix the orange and lime juice and zest with the honey. Remove the pork from the oven take off the foil and brush the meat with the honey mix. Continue to cook at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C/gas 5) for about 25 minutes, basting occasionally.
SPICY PORK RIBS
Make these sticky pork ribs with ginger, chilli, garlic and XO, a wonderfully spicy seafood sauce. Serve with lime wedges - and plenty of kitchen paper
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the oil over a high heat in a large flameproof roasting tin. Season the pork, then fry until browned in places - don't worry about the ribs getting evenly browned, you are just looking for a little colour as it will add lots of flavour to the dish.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the lime zest and chilli, to the tin, stir, then arrange the ribs so they are in a single layer. Once the liquid has started to boil, transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hr, turning the ribs halfway.
- Take the tin out of the oven and carefully put back on the hob over a medium heat. The liquid will have reduced considerably. Keep turning the ribs over to coat in the sauce - they are ready once they are all covered and glossy, around 10 mins. Scatter over the lime zest and chilli flakes and serve with lime wedges and plenty of kitchen paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 515 calories, Fat 32 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 43 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
SPICED PORK RIBS
For a change from the typical BBQ sauced ribs try this dry rub and apple juice recipe. Copied from our local newspaper Food section, Take Five column several years ago.
Provided by Zephs Wife
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preliminaries: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine salt, pepper, allspice and thyme. Rub mixture on ribs. Place ribs in roasting pan.
- Pour enough apple juice in pan to a depth of 1/4 inch, may need more or less than the 1 cup. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Roast 1 hour in preheated oven.
- Remove foil. Raise temperature to 425 degrees. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until nicely browned. If desired the ribs can be browned on the barbecue instead of the oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31.6, Fat 0.1, Sodium 874.4, Carbohydrate 7.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 6.8, Protein 0.1
SPICY TAMARIND PORK RIBS WITH SCALLIONS AND PEANUTS
This recipe balances richness with a tart sweetness, and features a two-part approach to cooking the meat that yields complex flavor. Pork spare ribs are marinated, covered and baked until just tender. They're then brushed with a glaze made with an invigorating combination of tamarind, ginger, nutmeg and scotch bonnet chile. You can finish the ribs in a hot oven or on the grill; the glaze caramelizes nicely either way. They are delightful as a finger food or as a main dish with practically any accompaniment, like this cool cucumber salad.
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
Categories dinner, finger foods, meat, main course
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Spread the ribs out on a cutting board and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar with the garlic powder, cayenne, pepper and 1 tablespoon salt. Rub both sides of each rack with the brown sugar mix. Wrap each rack in a double layer of foil and crimp along the edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet and cook until the meat is tender but not falling off the bone, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Allow to cool before unwrapping, being careful of rising steam. Remove the ribs from the foil packets and cut each rack into 4- to 6-rib portions.
- While the ribs bake, add the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar with the tamarind concentrate, chile or chile paste, honey, ginger and nutmeg to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to combine, bring to a slight simmer and cook until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, add the lime zest, season to taste with salt and allow to cool completely.
- Finish the ribs on the grill (or proceed to Step 5 to finish the ribs in the oven): Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium. Brush the ribs on both sides with a thin coat of the glaze. Place the ribs on the grill, turning often, until the glaze is sticky and charred in spots, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finish the ribs in the oven: Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the ribs, meat-side up. Brush the tops with glaze and broil until glaze is set and caramelized in spots, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Brush again with the glaze and transfer the ribs to a board. Slice into individual ribs. Transfer ribs to a platter and top with scallions and crushed peanuts.
HOT AND SPICY PORK RIBS
- Slice ribs into individual pieces, trimming excess fat.
- Boil until cooked, drain.
- (this step is optional, can be done either way).
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Grill for best results.
- Brush on any remaining sauce while grilling or discard.
- Served with white rice.
- Note: For milder ribs, decrease hot bean paste and replace with 1/3 C BBQ sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 942.4, Fat 70.5, SaturatedFat 24.8, Cholesterol 243.3, Sodium 810.2, Carbohydrate 9.4, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 5.3, Protein 64.7
More about "spiced pork ribs recipes"
SPICY AND SAVORY BARBECUED PORK RIBS WITH TWO SAUCES …
CRAZY STICKY RIBS | SPARE RIBS RECIPES - GORDON RAMSAY
10 BEST PORK SPARE RIBS RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICED PORK SPARE RIBS RECIPE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
SPICY PORK RIBS KALDERETA RECIPE - YUMMY.PH
SWEET AND SPICY PORK RIBS RECIPE - COOKING ON THE …
CHINESE DRY RUB RIBS - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
OVEN PORK RIBS WITH BARBECUE SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHINESE FIVE-SPICE PORK RIBS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SLAP-YO'-MAMMA SPICY STICKY ASIAN RIBS!!!
SPICED PORK RIBS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
Calories 294 per serving
- Cut ribs into serving-size portions. Place ribs in a Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- For spice rub, combine brown sugar, five-spice powder, paprika, salt, celery seed, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. When ribs are cool enough to handle, rub with spice mixture.
- For glaze, combine catsup, molasses, lemon juice, soy sauce, and hot pepper sauce in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a grill with a cover, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place precooked ribs, meaty sides up, on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 45 to 50 minutes or until ribs are tender and no pink remains, brushing occasionally with glaze the last 15 minutes of grilling. Makes 6 servings.
SPICED PORK RIBS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
Servings 6-8Total Time 4 hrs
- In a mortar, mash the garlic with the coriander, cumin, crushed red pepper, 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 1/2 tablespoons of black pepper. Add the lime juice and pound to a coarse paste.
- Rub the paste all over the ribs and transfer to a large roasting pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Let the ribs come to room temperature before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Cover the pan with foil and roast the ribs for about 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is very tender but not falling apart.
- Light a grill. Season the ribs lightly with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly charred all over, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the ribs to a platter, scatter chopped cilantro on top and serve with lime wedges.
SPICED SKILLET COUNTRY STYLE PORK RIBS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.6/5 (38)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 509 per serving
SZECHUAN-SPICED SMOKED AND FRIED PORK RIBS RECIPE
FIVE SPICE-RUBBED PORK RIBS | CANADIAN LIVING
SPICY SMOKED PORK RIBS WITH EASY 5 INGREDIENT DRY RUB
HOLIDAY SPICED PORK RIBS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH | RECIPE | HELLO FRESH ...
SPICE RUBS FOR PORK - THERESCIPES.INFO
TURMERIC-SPICED PORK LOIN & RIBS | PORK RECIPES | JAMIE MAGAZINE
PORK RIB RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PORKER'S RIB SEASONING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPICY GLAZED PORK RIBS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BBQ PORK RIBS RECIPES - SPICY SALTY SWEET
EASY FALL OFF THE BONE OVEN-BAKED RIBS - INSPIRED TASTE
5 SPICE PORK RIBS #RECIPE #COOKING
GOAN SPICY PORK RIBS | GOAN RECIPES, GOAN FOOD RECIPES, RECIPES …
SUGAR & SPICE & EVERYTHING NICE: BBQ PORK RIBS (RECIPE 67 OF 150)
SPICED PORK RIBS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
SPICY PORK RIBS RECIPE | SPICY BBQ RIBS | FRANK'S REDHOT® UK
SUGAR-AND-SPICE PORK RIBS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SPICY PORK RIBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
21 ASIAN PORK RIBS RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
STICKY SPICED AMERICAN-STYLE PORK RIBS RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
SMOKED INDIAN-SPICED SPARE RIBS RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
SWEET-AND-SPICY PORK RIBS RECIPE - PASCAL RIGO | FOOD
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #main-dish #beef #easy #beginner-cook #dinner-party #holiday-event #meat #beef-ribs #brunch #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook ribs in the oven with spices?In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, salt, mustard, fennel, black pepper, cayenne and paprika. On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, sprinkle the spice mix all over the ribs, pressing and patting it. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Preheat the oven to 250°.
What spices do you put on pork ribs?Five Spice-Rubbed Pork Ribs. Five-spice powder, which usually combines cinnamon, anise, fennel, Szechuan pepper and cloves, is the perfect base for this spice rub. The slow and even cooking of indirect heat creates the most tender ribs without burning the meat.
How do you make Chinese Five spice for ribs?Mix 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. kosher salt, and 1 Tbsp. Chinese five-spice powder in a small bowl to make a rub. 2. Cut 2 3-lb. racks St. Louis-style ribs in half (to create 4 smaller pieces).
How to cook pork ribs in a crock pot?Mix together the brown sugar, ginger, cayenne, clove, cinnamon, paprika, oregano, pepper, salt, and lime zest; set aside. Squeeze the limes, and add the juice to the orange juice. Rub the ribs well with the spice mixture. Place into a glass baking dish, and pour in the juice. Cover the dish, and bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes.