SPICY BEEF BURRITOS
These beef burritos contain various peppers and seasonings on top of refried beans. Top them off with lettuce, sour cream, cheese, and wrap up in a soft shell.
Provided by Luke
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Mix jalapeno peppers, tomato, green chile peppers, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl.
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up clumps, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease. Add jalapeno pepper mixture and burrito seasoning; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Pour refried beans into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Warm each tortilla in the microwave until soft, 15 to 20 seconds. Spread a layer of refried beans on top. Divide beef mixture among tortillas. Top with lettuce, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese. Fold in opposing edges of each tortilla and roll up into a burrito.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 723.2 calories, Carbohydrate 59.9 g, Cholesterol 107.5 mg, Fat 38.9 g, Fiber 8.5 g, Protein 34 g, SaturatedFat 19.1 g, Sodium 2042.5 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch dice. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add potato; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add beef, onion, and jalapeno; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until beef is thoroughly browned, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice, cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt; cook until liquid has evaporated, about 6 minutes.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, until lightly browned, about 10 seconds.
- Leaving space on bottom and sides, layer tortillas with sour cream, lettuce, beef mixture, cheese, and cilantro, if using; squeeze lime juice on top. Fold bottom upward, covering filling by 2 inches. Fold each side to overlap, leaving the top end open. Serve garnished with lime wedges.
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS
Green chilies, salsa and jalapeno peppers add lots of zip to these meaty burritos from Deb Poitz of Fort Morgan, Colorado. "Instead of cooking the filling on the stove, it can be simmered in a slow cooker," Deb suggests.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a saucepan, combine the beef, salsa, chilies and jalapenos if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold the sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream, tomatoes and additional salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 32mg cholesterol, Sodium 651mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS
This recipe is from a pamphlet Del Monte put out. I have been making this for years, as it has become one of our favorites. I must confess I usually substitute a can of plain stewed tomatoes and add my own spices - chipotle powder, garlic powder, cumin and pepper. I use approximately a 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of each, depending on my taste buds that day. Suggest you make it with the Mexican spiced tomatoes for the first time. Ole!
Provided by Sweet PQ
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Saute ground beef, onion and green pepper in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon beef filling into centre of tortillas, fold in sides and roll up to enclose the filling.
- Spoon a thin layer of tomatoes on the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan that you coated with cooking spray. (if you use plain tomatoes, combine spices listed in recipe description with the tomatoes before using).
- Put tortillas seam side down in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining tomatoes over and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Serve abd garnish with shredded lettuce, sour cream, chopped green onions or sliced olives if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 526.9, Fat 25.7, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 103.4, Sodium 694.2, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 3.8, Protein 35.4
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add half of beef and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beef to bowl. Add remaining beef to pot and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes. Return beef in bowl to pot. Add salsa, broth, garlic, sugar and soy sauce to pot; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and simmer stew until beef is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Uncover pot and simmer stew until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Mix in cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Refrigerate until cold; then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm before continuing.)
- Heat tortillas 1 at a time on gas or electric burner, about 10 seconds Per side, turning with tongs. Cover with foil or napkin to keep warm.
- Serve stew, tortillas and rice, allowing diners to assemble burritos.
SPICY BREAKFAST BURRITOS WITH CHEESE
- Wrap the flour tortillas in paper towels and microwave them for 1 minute to make them pliable. Set them aside.
- Crumble the sausage finely into a large skillet over a medium heat and cook until brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the butter to a large nonstick skillet over a medium heat. Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the salt and pepper. Stir in the hot sauce, jalapenos and a splash of jalapeno juice. When the butter has melted, turn the heat to low and pour in the eggs, then add the sausage. Slowly cook the mixture, using a wooden spatula to push it around the skillet, until the eggs are totally cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place approximately 1/2 cup of the egg and sausage mixture into a warm tortilla, then add a pinch of cheese and roll up (do not tuck in the ends). Wrap in a foil square and keep warm until ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve with more hot sauce, jalapenos and salsa.
SPICY CHIPOTLE SHREDDED BEEF FOR BURRITOS OR TACOS
Prepared in a pressure cooker (or not), this meat comes out fork tender. It is SPICY, so don't be afraid to cut back on the chipotles. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Provided by Love to Eat
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 6 burritos, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Liberally salt and pepper roast then brown on all sides 5-8 minutes using olive oil in the bottom of the pressure cooker pan.
- While the meat is browning chop onions, green peppers, cilantro, and get garlic peeled/smashed.
- Remove roast onto platter. Drain excess fat/oil from pan. Put grate in bottom of the pressure cooker (don't worry if you dont have a grate), add meat, onions, green peppers, garlic, cilantro and chipotles. Season all with cumin and oregano to taste, add 1 cup of water. ** If no Pressure cooker don't worry, cover meat with water and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours till tender.**.
- Close pressure cooker, bring to pressure, then reduce heat and cook at 15psi for 1 hour, let cooker cool down naturally.
- Remove meat from cooker to rest for 5 minutes, discard veggies (or if you prefer extra SPICY shred them up with the meat). Reserve a small amount of the liquid in pan.
- Shred meat with two forks (discard any fat/gristle), return to reserved liquid and keep warm on low heat until ready to use in burritos or tacos with your favorite fillings.
More about "spicy beef burritos recipes"
RESTAURANT STYLE GROUND BEEF BURRITO RECIPE - EATING ON …
WEEKNIGHT SPICY BEEF AND POTATO BURRITOS - UNWRITTEN …
SHREDDED BEEF BURRITOS | RECIPETIN EATS
20 SPICY BEEF RECIPES FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO THINK THEY …
BEEF BURRITOS | BURRITO RECIPE | TESCO REAL FOOD
BEEF BURRITO | RECIPETIN EATS
SPICY BEEF AND BEAN BURRITOS — MORE THAN GOURMET
BEEF BURRITO RECIPE - SPICY MINCE BEEF BURRITO WITH …
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS RECIPE - I NEED MEDIC
5/5 (4)Total Time 25 minsCategory LunchCalories 718 per serving
- Step 1: Combine tomato, jalapeno peppers, green bell pepper, green chili peppers, hot sauce, onion, red bell pepper, onion, and cayenne pepper all together in a big bowl.
- Step 2: Use a big skillet to cook beef over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring it to break up clumps. Draw off excess grease. Put your burrito seasoning and jalapeno pepper mixture. Cook covered, but be stirring intermittently, until flavors mix. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Pour your refried beans inside a saucepan under medium-low heat. Cook and stir until heated all through – about 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Use your microwave to warm each tortilla for 15 to 20 seconds or until soft. Then, spread a layer of the refried beans over it. Share the beef mixture among tortillas, and top them with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. Fold up in opposing edges of each tortilla, then roll up into a burrito.
SPICY GRILLED BEEF AND CHORIZO BURRITOS - WELCOME TO ROSEMARIE'S …
SPICY SLOW COOKER BEEF BURRITOS RECIPE - THE HUNGRY HUNGRY …
SPICY REFRIED BEAN BURRITO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
FAVORITE BEEF BURRITOS (GROUND BEEF) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
QUICK SPICY BEEF BURRITOS - BEYER BEWARE - RECIPES FOR BUSY FAMILIES
BURRITOS RECIPE LIST BEST RECIPES
THE BOMB ® SPICY RED HOT BEEF & BEAN BURRITO - DON MIGUEL
RAMONA S RED CHILI BURRITO RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BEEF AND BEAN BURRITOS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SPICY BEEF AND BEAN BURRITO RECIPE - EASY BURRITO RECIPE
21 RED HOT BEEF BURRITO RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
21 BEST BEEF BURRITO RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
MEXICAN BEEF FOR BURRITOS - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
EASY BEEF BURRITO SKILLET - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CRISPY BEEF BURRITOS | JOSIE + NINA
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
EVERYDAY COOKING RECIPE: SPICY BEEF BURRITOS BY LUKE – REDCIPES
SHREDDED BEEF BURRITOS - BAKING MISCHIEF
CRISPY BAKED BURRITOS WITH SPICY DIPPING SAUCE - CTV
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS | RECIPE | BEST GROUND BEEF RECIPES, BURRITOS ...
BEEF BURRITOS | RICARDO
SPICY BURRITOS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHEESY BEEF AND BEAN BURRITOS - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
SPICY BEEF BURRITOS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BEEF BURRITOS WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE! + VIDEO (MEAL PREP INCLUDED!)
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #main-dish #easy #one-dish-meal
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef burritos in a pan?Directions. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up clumps, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease. Add jalapeno pepper mixture and burrito seasoning; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
How long do you boil meat for burritos?In a saucepan, combine the beef, salsa, chilies and jalapenos if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese.
What are the ingredients in a beef burrito?These beef burritos contain various peppers and seasonings on top of refried beans. Top them off with lettuce, sour cream, cheese, and wrap up in a soft shell. Mix jalapeno peppers, tomato, green chile peppers, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl.
What's the best way to make burritos taste better?Green chilies, salsa and jalapeno peppers add lots of zip to these meaty burritos from Deb Poitz of Fort Morgan, Colorado. "Instead of cooking the filling on the stove, it can be simmered in a slow cooker," Deb suggests.