SPICY BEEF WITH PEPPERS
Meet the Cook: I've enjoyed cooking and baking since I was just a girl - and my husband and I now have eight grandchildren! But this recipe is actually his. He's a meat cutter, and we'll have this dish as often as once a week (it's as good, if not better, reheated). We've made this for family dinners, picnics, potlucks...it's so popular I make sure I have a copy of the recipe to pass out. -Patricia Ann Fredell, Orion, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons sherry, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes. Add beef and toss to coat. Set aside. , In another bowl, combine water with remaining cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce. Set aside. , In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high. Add green and red peppers; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove peppers to a platter., Add remaining oil and half of the beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove and stir-fry remaining beef., Return peppers and beef to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts :
BEEF & PEPPER SKILLET
I love Mexican-inspired food. I also enjoy experimenting with recipes like this one and making them as healthy-and downright good!-for my family as possible. -Jenny Dubinsky, Inwood, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink,6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain., Add tomatoes, broth, chili powder, salt and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and peppers. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool beef mixture. Freeze beef mixture and cheese separately in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add a little broth if necessary. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340 calories, Fat 13g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 64mg cholesterol, Sodium 807mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
STIR-FRIED SHREDDED BEEF WITH PEPPERS
I don't remember where the exact recipe came from. I think maybe one of the little Betty Crocker books you see at the checkout stand. I did change a couple things to suit our family's tastes. Everyone likes the flavors here and it's fairly quick to make. The longest part is cutting the meat. If the meat is partially frozen - it makes the job easier. Yield is approximate.
Provided by Chef on the coast
Yield 4 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Trim fat from beef steak.
- Cut beef into very thin strips.
- Toss beef, 1 TBSP cornstarch, 2 tsp oil, the salt and pepper in ziploc bag. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers into thin strips.
- Cut green onions into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix 2 tsp cornstarch, water, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Heat skillet or wok until very hot.
- Add 3 TBSP vegetable oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom.
- Add beef and ginger. Stir-fry 1 minute or until meat is browned.
- Add bell peppers; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 15 seconds or until thickened.
- Stir in green onions.
- Serve over hot rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.1, Fat 30.2, SaturatedFat 8.6, Cholesterol 76, Sodium 522.4, Carbohydrate 7.2, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.8, Protein 22.8
SPICY BEEF WITH PEPPERS
- Cut steak with grain into 1 1/2- to 2-inch-wide strips. Cut each strip across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Put slices into a medium bowl with soy sauce, cornstarch, rice wine, garlic, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar, and 1 teaspoon oil and stir with a fork. 3Stir together ketchup, hoisin, and chile garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Pour 2 teaspoons oil down side of wok, then swirl oil, tilting wok to coat sides. Add beef, spreading pieces in 1 layer on bottom and sides as quickly as possible. Cook, undisturbed, letting beef begin to brown, 1 minute, then stir-fry until meat is just browned on all sides but still pink in center, about 1 minute. Transfer meat and any juices to a plate.
- Pour remaining 2 teaspoons oil down side of unwashed wok over high heat, then swirl oil, tilting wok to coat sides. Add bell pepper, scallions, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir-fry 30 seconds, then add reserved beef with any juices and ketchup mixture. Stir-fry until combined well and sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds, then transfer to a platter.
SOUTHWEST SKILLET WITH BEEF AND BELL PEPPERS
Find a creamy, cheesy Southwest skillet right here. Our 25-minute Southwest Skillet with Beef and Bell Peppers includes flavorful green chiles.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings, 1-1/3 cups each
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Brown meat in large ovenproof skillet. Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to boil.
- Add peppers and rice; stir. Cover; simmer on low heat 5 min. or until rice is tender.
- Heat broiler. Top rice mixture with cheese; broil, 6 inches from heat, 2 to 3 min. or until melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 22 g
ASIAN GROUND BEEF AND PEPPER SAUTE
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef until evenly browned. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Stir in the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, parsley, garlic and ginger. Season with red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet. Mix in the beef stock, soy sauce, chile paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 466.4 calories, Carbohydrate 45.4 g, Cholesterol 68.6 mg, Fat 19.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.8 g, Sodium 413.9 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
This goes together so easily for a quick week day dinner. Flavor combination was just right for us. Cook time does not include the marinade.
Provided by Nimz_
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes in medium bowl.
- Cut beef lengthwise in half, then crosswise into thin slices.
- Toss beef with soy sauce mixture and marinade for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat until hot.
- Add half of beef mixture.
- Stir-fry until beef is barely pink in center.
- Repeat with remaining beef mixture.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok and add bell peppers and onion.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir-fry 6-7 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add stir-fry sauce and wine.
- Stir-fry 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Return beef along with any accumulated juices to wok and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rice, if desired.
More about "spicy bell pepper beef skillet recipes"
SPICY BEEF & PEPPER STIR-FRY - ALL FOOD RECIPES BEST …
SPICY ITALIAN BELL PEPPER AND ONION SKILLET - BAREFEET IN …
BEST PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEPPER STEAK …
SPICY CAST IRON SKILLET STEAK AND PEPPERS RECIPE
SPICY SZECHUAN BEEF (BETTER THAN TAKEOUT!) - CHEF SAVVY
20 SPICY BEEF RECIPES FOR YOUR FRIENDS WHO THINK THEY …
GARLIC AND HERB SAUTéED BELL PEPPER STRIPS RECIPE
SPICY SLOW COOKER BEEF & BELL PEPPER - LET THE BAKING …
SPICY BEEF STIR-FRY WITH PEPPER - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
SPICY BEEF AND BELL PEPPER STIR-FRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.2/5 (25)Total Time 20 minsServings 4Calories 216 per serving
SPICY BEEF & BELL PEPPER - LET THE BAKING BEGIN!
5/5 (1)Total Time 45 minsCategory MainCalories 330 per serving
SPICY BELL PEPPER BEEF SKILLET | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
SPICY CHICKEN AND PEPPER SKILLET RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
UNSTUFFED PEPPER SKILLET WITH GROUND BEEF » SEA SALT SAVORINGS
SPICY BEEF SKILLET DINNER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CRISPY SALT AND PEPPER BEEF - KHIN'S KITCHEN | CHINESE BEEF RECIPE
DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE PEPPER STEAK RECIPE - FOXY FOLKSY
CHILLI PEPPER BEEF ( GROUND BEEF ) - KHIN'S KITCHEN | QUICK STIR FRY …
BEEF WITH PEPPERS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SPICY BEEF AND BELL PEPPER STIR-FRY - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SPICY HOT GREEN CHILE BEEF AND PEPPER SKILLET
BEEF WITH RED AND YELLOW BELL PEPPERS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
GROUND BEEF AND PEPPERS SKILLET - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
STUFFED PEPPER SKILLET (EASY GROUND BEEF RECIPE) - VALERIE'S KITCHEN
ONE SKILLET BEEF TIPS WITH PEPPERS AND ONIONS - ALL THE HEALTHY …
BEEF AND PEPPER STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
AMAZING PEPPER STEAK STIR FRY | THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY BEEF STIR-FRY WITH BELL PEPPERS - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
SPICY BEEF-STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - BIGOVEN.COM
SPICY BEEF STUFFED BELL PEPPERS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
UNSTUFFED PEPPER SKILLET | THE RECIPE CRITIC
BEST STUFFED FIRM BELL PEPPER RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF
GROUND BEEF PEPPER SKILLET - THERESCIPES.INFO
10 BEST GROUND BEEF ONION GARLIC BELL PEPPER RECIPES - YUMMLY
STUFFED PEPPER SKILLET - AN EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL WE ALL LOVE.
SPICY SOUTHWEST BEEF AND BELL PEPPER STEW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SKILLET HAMBURGER STEAK WITH BELL PEPPER SAUCE | MASALAHERB.COM
SLOW COOKER SPICY BEEF RECIPE - MAGIC SKILLET
MEXICAN GROUND BEEF SKILLET (+MORE GROUND BEEF RECIPES) - FIT …
Beef And Vegetable Skillet Recipe/ Low Carb Recipes6.6K views-05:35
Getting Stuffed with Unstuffed Pepper Beef Skillet!20K views-13:06
How to Make: Spicy Beef Fajitas233 views-01:50
20 Minute Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, Onion, Bell Pepper [Skillet Recipe]7K views-08:52
Spicy Stir fry Beef with Bell Peppers378 views-11:24
Black Pepper GROUND BEEF & CABBAGE Skillet Stir Fry, An Awesome Dinner Idea that's Easy & Delicious21K views-10:01
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook steak in a pan with bell peppers?Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steak to pan; cook 2 minutes, searing on one side. Add bell peppers; cook 2 minutes or until beef loses its pink color, stirring constantly.
What is the best way to cook beef and pepper stir fry?Beef and pepper stir-fry, seared over super high heat, is an easy, delicious weeknight dish. Add this beef and pepper stir fry to your weeknight rotation! Add all the marinade ingredients to the beef in a bowl, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
How do you cook peppers and onions in a skillet?In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the pepper strips, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until the peppers begin to soften. Turn down the heat to low and add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2 more minutes, being careful the garlic doesn't brown as it will turn bitter.
How long does it take to cook ground beef and peppers?Ground beef, bell peppers, tomatoes, rice and cheese, a simple meal that can be served right out of the skillet, in less than 40 minutes! Step 1. Add the ground beef, onion, and bell peppers to a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.