THE SIMPLEST CORN PUDDING
This recipe is deliberately, exquisitely simple, with pure sweet corn flavor. Grate corn kernels directly into a cast-iron pan and place in the oven, without any seasonings. The corn releases its milk, which thickens, and the kernels turn golden and lightly caramelized around the edges. Only then do you season it, and only lightly: A bit of butter, a sprinkle of salt and cayenne, and the juice of half a lime. Mix. Serve. Adding the seasoning at the end allows you to better control the taste of the finished dish.
Provided by Elaine Louie
Categories easy, side dish
Yield 3 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place a box grater on a medium cast-iron pan, and finely grate each ear of corn directly into the pan. Discard the cobs.
- Spread the milky corn evenly across the pan, and bake until the edges and top are golden brown and the corn milk has thickened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and transfer corn and any liquid to a bowl. Add butter, and season to taste with salt, cayenne pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Mix well.
SPICY CORN CHOWDER
This hearty, dairy-free soup has both sweetness and bite! It can be served immediately or chilled overnight to intensify the flavors. Top with grated Colby or Parmesan cheese if desired.
Provided by jgmurphy
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Place the shoepeg corn and fresh corn into a large pot with the wine and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions, garlic, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened and the onion has turned translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the pepper mixture into the pot with the corn along with the soy milk, oregano, and chipotle salsa. Return the soup to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/3 cup of cool water, and stir into the simmering soup along with the honey, soy sauce, orange zest, and garlic powder. Simmer another 10 minutes to thicken the soup, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and cracked pepper before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.9 calories, Carbohydrate 47.1 g, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 9.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 420.2 mg, Sugar 19.5 g
SPICY CORN PUDDING
This is a very easy to make side dish which we love for the contrasting flavors coming from the sweetness of the corn and the spiciness of the pepper and blue cheese. Lovely with grilled meats, but also garlicy main dishes.
Provided by FlemishMinx
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Lightly grease a 2 QT baking dish with butter.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Take 1/2 cup of the corn kernels from the (drained) can and set aside.
- Put remaining corn in a medium-sized bowl, along with the the sour cream and puree with a hand blender until the kernels have broken down.
- Add milk and eggs and puree well.
- Gently stir in the jalapeno, blue cheese, and reserved corn kernels.
- Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for one hour.
- When done, the top should be golden brown and the pudding set through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217.5, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 180.4, Sodium 370, Carbohydrate 16.8, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 2.7, Protein 10.1
SPICY CORN PUDDING RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: Kroger® Unsalted Butter, creamed corn, whole kernel corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, kosher salt, ground cumin, chili powder, Kroger® Unsalted Butter, jalapeño, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, honey, small jalapeño
Provided by Kroger
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish with Kroger® Unsalted Butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the creamed corn, kernel corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, ½ teaspoon salt, the cumin, chili powder, and 8 tablespoons melted Kroger® Unsalted Butter until smooth. Fold in the chopped jalapeño.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Remove a small chipotle pepper from the sauce and place in a small blender. Add 1½ tablespoons of adobo sauce, the remaining 2 tablespoons melted Kroger® Unsalted Butter, the honey, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the chipotle sauce over the top of the corn pudding, then use a butter knife to swirl the sauce into the top of the pudding.
- Gently press the sliced jalapeños, if using, onto the surface of the pudding.
- Transfer the pudding to the oven and bake for 80-90 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
SOUTHWESTERN CORN PUDDING
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Cut corn bread into 1-inch cubes; place in large bowl.
- Stir corn kernels in large dry skillet over medium-high heat until any excess moisture evaporates, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with corn bread. Add cheese, bell pepper, chili, and green onions. Whisk buttermilk, enchilada sauce, eggs, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add to corn bread mixture and toss gently to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake corn pudding uncovered until slightly crisp and golden on top, about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Also known as a California chili; available at Latin American markets and many supermarkets.
SPICY CREAMED CORN
"One of my family's favorite vegetables is corn, and this quick corn dish is so easy to prepare," assures Nancy McDonald of Burns, Wyoming. "It tastes delicious and goes very well with turkey and chicken. It's a simple way to add a touch of spice to your meal."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended, stirring often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 calories, Fat 8g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 23mg cholesterol, Sodium 471mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
EDNA LEWIS'S CORN PUDDING
This buttery, fluffy dish comes from Edna Lewis, the African-American chef and cookbook author credited with preserving countless recipes from the old South. It serves as not only a seasonal bridge - a farewell to summer, with winter chill waiting in the wings - but also as a sweetly welcome blurring of the lines between a side dish and a dessert.
Provided by The New York Times
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Cut the corn from the cob into a mixing bowl by slicing from the top of the ear downward. Don't go too close to the cob; cut only half the kernel, then scrape off the rest with the back of the knife.
- Stir sugar and salt into corn. Mix beaten eggs and milk together, then stir into corn mixture. Add melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and sprinkle with nutmeg. Place the dish in a larger baking dish or roasting pan. Transfer to oven and carefully pour hot water into the larger dish until it comes about halfway up the sides of the smaller baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean. The pudding will be set but still jiggle.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 164, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 294 milligrams, Sugar 14 grams, TransFat 0 grams
MCCORMICK SPICES CORN PUDDING
- Combine the whole corn, the cream corns and the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine corn starch, season salt, dry mustard, onion.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the milk and butter.
- Pour into a 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 400 for 60 minutes, stirring after 1/2 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.9, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 8.8, Cholesterol 148.9, Sodium 640.4, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 17.6, Protein 7.9
More about "spicy corn pudding recipes"
FAMOUS CORN PUDDING RECIPE (CORN SOUFFLé) - A SPICY …
5/5 (14)Calories 649 per servingCategory Side Dish
- Mix well and add the poblanos and corn. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. It should resemble cake batter.
- Grease a large 11x15-inch rimmed baking dish. (You could use two smaller dishes.) Pour the pudding mixture into the pan and place it in the oven. Lightly tent the pan with foil.
NO ONE CAN RESIST THIS CORN PUDDING! - BAREFEET IN THE …
SWEET AND SPICY CORN RELISH - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
SPICY CORN BREAD PUDDING - STONEWALL KITCHEN
CORN PUDDING RECIPE - JALAPEñO CORN SOUFFLé RECIPE
SPICY DIZZY DUST CORN PUDDING - DIZZY PIG CRAFT …
SPICY CORN CASSEROLE WITH CREAM CHEESE
FLUFFY CORN PUDDING | SOUTHERN LIVING
SAVORY CORN PUDDING RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CORN PUDDING - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
SPICY SMOKY CORN PUDDING | SUMPTUOUS SPOONFULS
CORN PUDDING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SWEET AND SPICY CORN PUDDING FOR #FALLFEST • THE …
12 BONES CORN PUDDING - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SMOKY SPICY CORN PUDDING RECIPE ON FOOD52
SPICY CORN PUDDING WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER RECIPE
Servings 6Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Roast the bell pepper over a gas flame or under the broiler until charred all over. Transfer the pepper to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool slightly. Peel and seed the pepper and cut it into 3/4-inch dice.
- Generously butter a 6-cup soufflé dish. In a medium skillet, melt the 1 tablespoon of butter. Add half of the corn and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the roasted bell pepper and season with salt and black pepper; let cool.
- In a blender, combine the remaining corn with the half-and-half and cornstarch and puree until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve set over a bowl, pressing hard on the solids. Discard the solids. Add the eggs, parsley, cilantro, sugar, allspice, cayenne, 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper to the bowl. Stir in the corn and red pepper mixture and pour into the prepared soufflé dish.
- Set the dish in a roasting pan and pour enough hot water into the pan to reach halfway up the side of the dish. Bake the pudding in the center of the oven until golden and just set, about 1 hour. Carefully remove the soufflé dish from the roasting pan and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
CORN CROQUETTES WITH SPICY MAYO | METRO
ULTIMATE CORN PUDDING - THE DARING GOURMET
SPICY CORN PUDDING – LIVING THE Q LIFE
CORN PUDDING RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORN PUDDING
NASHVILLE BBQ PRO REVEALS HIS SIGNATURE CORN PUDDING: TRY THE RECIPE
SPICY CORN PUDDING RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
SPICY CORN PUDDING RECIPE BY MICROWAVERINA | IFOOD.TV
THREE CHEESE CORN PUDDING - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CORN PUDDING - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SPICY SWEETCORN PUDDING - AFTERNOONEXPRESS.CO.ZA
FAMOUS CORN PUDDING RECIPE (CORN SOUFFLé) - VERY SPICY FOOD
CREAMY CORN PUDDING RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
CORN PUDDING, SPICY, SOFFIA WARDY, BRIDGE HAPTON INN
SPICY CORN PUDDING – BIG SIS LITTLE DISH
SPICY SOUTHERN CORN CASSEROLE - EATS BY THE BEACH
FRESH CORN PUDDING RECIPE WITH VARIATIONS - THE SPRUCE EATS
SWEET AND SPICY CORN PUDDING | SIPPITYSUP
CHEDDAR CORN PUDDING WITH CRISPY SPICY SWEET TOPPING
MEXICAN STREET CORN PUDDING | A CORN PUDDING RECIPE
CORN PUDDING - THE PIONEER WOMAN
MOM'S FAMOUS CORN PUDDING - THE CHUNKY CHEF
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #vegetables #oven #cheese #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #corn #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the ingredients in cornmeal pudding?Onions, red peppers, garlic, and corn are baked in a cornmeal pudding with a crispy crust of shredded Cheddar and crushed tortilla chips. This corn pudding made with canned corn, milk, sugar and flour is served cut into squares with a sweet butter sauce.
Where can I find Reliable Recipes for corn pudding?Allrecipes has more than 20 trusted corn pudding recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. A zesty corn pudding recipe I got from my mother-in-law. My husband loves to have it each year for Thanksgiving. This recipe has been made and served in my mother's family for as long as I can remember.
What is a good side dish to serve with corn pudding?Steamed corn pudding made on the stovetop. This is a traditional Tex-Mex side dish that is a great side to any meal. Well worth the wait. This Mexican corn bread casserole is a delicious, cost-effective recipe to make and is really easy to throw together in a pinch. Serve with sour cream.
How many eggs do you need to make corn pudding?Can be halved (use 3 eggs). Sweet whole kernel and creamed corn in a corn pudding comfort-food dish. This is yummy comfort food made with fresh corn! This is a wonderful side dish that goes great with ham or pork. It's wonderful for that big crowd at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and very quick and easy to make.