SPICY FRESH CORN SALAD
I was gifted some Cajun-flavored mayonnaise and wasn't sure what to do with it until I spotted fresh corn at the grocery store. I thought the sweetness of the corn would contrast nicely with the spicy mayonnaise, and I was right! Serve with grilled or fried shrimp, or with any summery chicken dish.
Provided by LauraF
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Shuck corn and remove the silks. Cut off the base of the stalk and slice kernels off the cob. Transfer kernels to a rimmed baking sheet. Add green pepper and shallot. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss and spread out in an even layer.
- Broil in the preheated oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir and spread back out on the sheet. Continue broiling until corn starts to brown, about 5 minutes more. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro. Stir until vegetables are evenly coated. Gently fold in avocado.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571.5 calories, Carbohydrate 56.1 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Fat 39.6 g, Fiber 12.8 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 477.2 mg, Sugar 11.2 g
SPICY CORN AND SHISHITO SALAD
In this recipe, shishito peppers are sliced, lightly sautéed, then tossed with raw summer corn and a cumin-lime vinaigrette for a summer salad that's crunchy, smoky and a little spicy. Traditionally used in Japanese and Korean cooking, shishitos are small, thin-skinned green peppers that have become increasingly popular in the United States. They are typically mild in flavor, but the occasional pepper packs a spicy punch. If you can't find them, use diced green bell peppers in their place. Finally, cilantro-averse cooks can substitute fresh mint.
Provided by Lidey Heuck
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil with the lime juice, cumin and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in the red onion and garlic and set aside until ready to use. (Do this step first so the onions and garlic have time to mellow slightly in the dressing.)
- Place the corn kernels in a large bowl and set aside. In a medium (10-inch) sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the shishitos, jalapeño and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender and beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the peppers and dressing to the bowl with the corn and toss well. Add the cheese, if using, and toss. Garnish with cilantro.
SPICY CORN, BLACK BEAN & FETA SALAD
An exciting main-course salad, packed with interesting flavours and textures and a hit of spice
Provided by Jennifer Joyce
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Boil the corn for 10 mins in salted water, rinse in cold water, then cut the kernels off. Tip the beans into a bowl with the cooked corn, avocado, tomatoes and spring onions.
- Mix the dressing ingredients with some seasoning, then pour over the salad. Toss together well, scatter the feta over the top and serve with lime wedges, if using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 612 calories, Fat 38 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 47 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 9 grams fiber, Protein 24 grams protein, Sodium 2.83 milligram of sodium
SPICY CORN SALAD
- Cook the corn in a pot of boiling water.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Drain,& scrape the kernels off the cobs into a bowl.
- Add peppers, green onions, cilantro and tomatoes& toss.
- In a food processor, mix the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the salad& mix lightly.
- Cover salad with Saran Wrap& refridgerate overnight, to let the flavours combine.
SPICY FRITO CORN SALAD
- In a large bowl, stir to combine corn, roasted red peppers, green bell pepper, chopped jalapeno, chopped red onion, scallions, mayonnaise, adobo sauce, lime juice and chopped Fritos. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, sliced jalapeno pepper, cilantro leaves and cojita cheese.
More about "spicy corn salad recipes"
SPICY CORN SALAD RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
4/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory DinnerCalories 240 per serving
- Combine first 7 ingredient (through cheese) and refrigerate. If you want to add cayenne, now’s a good time.
SPICY CORN SALAD RECIPE — EATWELL101
Servings 2Calories 573 per servingCategory Cook, Cooking & Meals, Salads Recipes
SPICY CORN SALAD | FOOD CHANNEL
Cuisine MexicanEstimated Reading Time 50 secs
CORN SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - I HEART VEGETABLES
SPICY STREET CORN SALAD RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
SPICY CORN SALAD – NICK STELLINO
CREAMY SPICY SUMMER CORN SALAD - COOKTHESTORY
MEXICAN CORN SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
THE SPICY OLIVE'S SUMMER CORN SALAD - THE SPICY OLIVE
MEXICAN CORN SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
SPICY CORN AND PEACHES WITH BURRATA. - HALF BAKED …
SPICY THAI CORN SALAD | MARION'S KITCHEN
SPICY SOUTHWESTERN CORN SALAD - THE MOMMY SPICE
EASY SPICY CORN SALSA - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
10 BEST COLD CORN SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
ULTIMATE SOUTHERN CORN SALAD | GRITSANDPINECONES.COM
SPICY MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - HUMMINGBIRD THYME
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - JO COOKS
SPICY BLACK BEAN CORN SALAD - GRACE AND GOOD EATS
AVOCADO CORN SALAD - IMMACULATE BITES
SPICY CAJUN ROASTED CORN SALAD - POSH JOURNAL
SPICY GRILLED CORN SALAD RECIPE | MAGNOLIA DAYS
SPICY FRITO CORN SALAD | COOKIES AND CUPS
SPICY CORN SALAD WITH AVOCADO - THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
SPICY CORN, CORN SALAD, (TASTY SNACK) - INDIAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES
SPICY FRITO CORN SALAD - HEALTHY EATING AND GOOD FOOD HABITS
AMAZING MEXICAN CORN SALAD RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHIPOTLE CORN SALAD RECIPE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SPICY CORN SALAD WITH BUTTERMILK COTIJA DRESSING - MACHEESMO
SPICY CORN SALAD RECIPE | QUICK & HEALTHY RECIPES | MASALA TV
SPICY CORN SALAD | THAI KITCHEN - MCCORMICK
MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD - PROFUSION CURRY
CORN SALAD RECIPE - COOKING CLASSY
FRESH CORN SUCCOTASH RECIPE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
FRITO CORN SALAD - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
SPICY KALE AND CORN SALAD - EXPLORING VEGAN
SPICY SWEETCORN SALAD - SPICED CORN SALAD - JOSHI COOKS
SPICY CORN RADISH SALAD - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
SPICY GRILLED CORN SALAD - ISLAND GIRL CHIC
RECIPE: SWEET AND SPICY CORN AND BEAN SALAD (GLUTEN-FREE, PLANT …
SAUTéED CORN SALAD WITH JALAPENOS, CILANTRO, HONEY AND AVOCADO
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make corn salad with dressing?1 Mix all dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisking well to incorporate the flavors. 2 Add the corn salad ingredients and stir, coating the salad with the dressing. 3 Add the chopped parsley and stir into the salad. 4 Chef's tip: For a more flavorful result, let the salad rest in the refrigerator for no less than one and up to four hours.
How do you cook corn on the cob with mayonnaise?(The corn should be warm but don’t overcook the kernels or they’ll become mushy.) In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, feta cheese, and lime juice. Stir in the diced jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, chili powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add in the corn into the cheese mixture and stir until well coated. Add salt to taste, then serve.
How do you make Nick’s magic rub corn salad dressing?1 teaspoon Nick’s Magic Rub (1 tablespoon C&H Golden Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon onion powder). 1 Mix all dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisking well to incorporate the flavors. 2 Add the corn salad ingredients and stir, coating the salad with the dressing.
What are the ingredients in a corn and tomato salad?This fresh and flavorful salad features buttery yellow corn tossed with chunks of tomato and onion with a fresh basil vinaigrette. Beans, corn, scallions, bell peppers and onions are mixed together and napped with a vinaigrette dressing that has had a few niceties added: cilantro, pepper, cayenne and cumin.